Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,673 members, 7,955,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:55 AM

My Mother Inlaw - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother Inlaw (16584 Views)

I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. / My Mother Inlaw Wants To Bath With Me / My Mother Inlaw Caught Me Kissing My Wife's Friend in our washroom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother Inlaw by SisiKill1: 5:26pm On Dec 12, 2012
flinspiero: Lolz...,i dnt see any reason why dey shuld be exchangin bad words wen d poster has already told them dat d case has bin settled.So i was like trying to calm her down due to d word d guy used on her dats all...So i havent undastand why u made dat long post 4me.... undecidedLolz...,i dnt see any reason why dey shuld be exchangin bad words wen d poster has already told them dat d case has bin settled.So i was like trying to calm her down due to d word d guy used on her dats all...So i havent undastand why u made dat long post 4me.... undecidedLolz...,i dnt see any reason why dey shuld be exchangin bad words wen d poster has already told them dat d case has bin settled.So i was like trying to calm her down due to d word d guy used on her dats all...So i havent undastand why u made dat long post 4me.... undecidedLolz...,i dnt see any reason why dey shuld be exchangin bad words wen d poster has already told them dat d case has bin settled.So i was like trying to calm her down due to d word d guy used on her dats all...So i havent undastand why u made dat long post 4me....
Yeparipa! Did I really sound that dumb? embarassed

I am trying oh, I really am....nowadays you omly have tell me sum'n one and the half times and I will get it.

*Thinking to self*
If that was "trying to calm her down", I wonder what flaming looks like.

[size=5pt]The irony isn't lost on me tongue [/size]
Re: My Mother Inlaw by Kobojunkie: 5:28pm On Dec 12, 2012
Afamdman: @kobojunkie I do what I always do read ur first post and skip the rest its always nonesense talk. Ta

I sincerely doubt that because your response there leaves me wondering what in the world you are yapping about!
Re: My Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 12, 2012
blaise26.abj:
Na wa o. Una just dey make marriage fear person. Now i have added an important thing to lookout for in my search for a wife.

My mother is sacred. i think What most women know subconsciously is that their husbands chose them from the image they have of their mothers. So they turn it into a rivalry thing. But the truth is dat when u have ur own child, u will understand y MIL are so protective. Can u put a precious, luxurious car that u built and fabricated into the hands of an amateur without showing some concerns for the safety of the car? Mind you, MIL have manuals of that husband of yours. And with a flick of their fingers turn him against you. MILs know what to do to make their sons happy (look @ D way the OPs hubby was enjoying himself). Y not tap into that wealth of knowledge.

@op: Agreed, u want to understand and discover ur husband on your own, but please don't alienate ur MIL because she can really be of help in understanding ur hubby better.

The part I highlighted there is very crucial
Just like women normally fall in love and marry men in the image of their fathers,men also fall in love and marry women that remind them of their mothers by certain traits and I believe that is the reason many DIL and MIL don't get along .They are too similar in many ways.
This revelation came to me so to speak while I was responding to a similar topic a few years ago
If your MIL is feisty and,strong headed, and set in her ways,chances are that the DIL is the same way too,those characters that make you who you are are the same things he had in his mother.
Maybe this will help someone deal with their MIL with more understanding.
What goes around comes around,if you treat your MIL like crap,you may get the exact treatment or worse when your turn comes.

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Inlaw by Kobojunkie: 5:34pm On Dec 12, 2012
blaise26.abj:
Na wa o. Una just dey make marriage fear person. Now i have added an important thing to lookout for in my search for a wife.

My mother is sacred. i think What most women know subconsciously is that their husbands chose them from the image they have of their mothers. So they turn it into a rivalry thing. But the truth is dat when u have ur own child, u will understand y MIL are so protective. Can u put a precious, luxurious car that u built and fabricated into the hands of an amateur without showing some concerns for the safety of the car? Mind you, MIL have manuals of that husband of yours. And with a flick of their fingers turn him against you. MILs know what to do to make their sons happy (look @ D way the OPs hubby was enjoying himself). Y not tap into that wealth of knowledge.

@op: Agreed, u want to understand and discover ur husband on your own, but please don't alienate ur MIL because she can really be of help in understanding ur hubby better.

Not all men do that sorry . . . some men actually do understand that marriage means their mother gets to take a back seat. As you might have realized by now, those men are considered "Oyinbo-rized" even by the so-called Bible Christian men who portray themselves are real African men.

According to the Bible and the LAWS in Nigeria, your mother and father take the back seat while your wife and kids ride the whole way next to you. I am sorry but that is the rule, however, as you can see, people like to make up their own rules as they go and so the problems continue. We all wouldn't be here discussing this is the mother had respected her son and his wife at the same time by STAYING OUT OF THEIR BUSINESS, would we?

1 Like

Re: My Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 12, 2012
babyosisi:

The part I highlighted there is very crucial
Just like women normally fall in love and marry men in the image of their fathers,men also fall in love and marry women that remind them of their mothers by certain traits and I believe that is the reason many DIL and MIL don't get along .They are too similar in many ways.
This revelation came to me so to speak while I was responding to a similar topic a few years ago
If your MIL is feisty and,strong headed, and set in her ways,chances are that the DIL is the same way too,those characters that make you who you are are the same things he had in his mother.
Maybe this will help someone deal with their MIL with more understanding.
MAY UR DAYZIZ BE LONG...
Re: My Mother Inlaw by coogar: 5:43pm On Dec 12, 2012
this thread has gone to the dogs again as usual....

some things would never change. only an uncouth, mannerless and idiotic wife would lash out at her mother-in-law and order her to leave.....for feck's sake, where is the moral code gone in africa these days? can the original poster ask her own mother out? how would the original poster react if the husband asks her mother out of the house? some women just love to think with the soles of their feet.

a woman had her son, raised him, trained him, educated him to be a responsible son. all her tears, all her pains, all her struggles, all her prayers and then a tooth-pick legged heifer comes into the son's life only to try and put a wedge between the son and his mother. it shall not be well with such wife and i hope and pray she raises a son whose wife would do the same to her. no woman born of a woman would disrespect my mother....that's the day she shall return to her parents and they had better return my bride price and my goat!
Re: My Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 12, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

I am trying oh, I really am....nowadays you omly have tell me sum'n one and the half times and I will get it.

*Thinking to self*

Hmm... angry
Sisi_Kill:

*Thinking to self*

#laughs#
Re: My Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 12, 2012
coogar: this thread has gone to the dogs again as usual....

some things would never change. only an uncouth, mannerless and idiotic wife would lash out at her mother-in-law and order her to leave.....for feck's sake, where is the moral code gone in africa these days? can the original poster ask her own mother out? how would the original poster react if the husband asks her mother out of the house? some women just love to think with the soles of their feet.

a woman had her son, raised him, trained him, educated him to be a responsible son. all her tears, all her pains, all her struggles, all her prayers and then a tooth-pick legged heifer comes into the son's life only to try and put a wedge between the son and his mother. it shall not be well with such wife and i hope and pray she raises a son whose wife would do the same to her. no woman born of a woman would disrespect my mother....that's the day she shall return to her parents and they had better return my bride price and my goat!

This is the Sauron I knew
Re: My Mother Inlaw by baby124: 6:32pm On Dec 12, 2012

grin grin grin grin grin

Especially the ones that marry men whose mums did alabaru to train them or toiled as a farm hand to send them to school. Which is very common with African's. Where exactly do you want mama to go if you marry a son from that kind of background? You also think you should get a free pass for disrespecting that kind of woman. Ok na. grin. Because you are auntie oni AC car, AC house and AC mouth. cheesy. Shes very lucky she didnt get assaulted. Most people, after God, it is their mothers o. Even my dad had great respect for my mum and taught us never to let anyone get away with insulting or disrespecting her. Same way he took his own mum. Dem no born my mama well to even talk back, not to talk of disrespecting his mum. She understood those boundaries and respected it. I wont take my husband disrespecting my mum, so i wont do the same.
Re: My Mother Inlaw by coogar: 6:51pm On Dec 12, 2012
baby_123:

grin grin grin grin grin

Especially the ones that marry men whose mums did alabaru to train them or toiled as a farm hand to send them to school. Which is very common with African's. Where exactly do you want mama to go if you marry a son from that kind of background? You also think you should get a free pass for disrespecting that kind of woman. Ok na. grin. Because you are auntie oni AC car, AC house and AC mouth. cheesy. Shes very lucky she didnt get assaulted. Most people, after God, it is their mothers o. Even my dad had great respect for my mum and taught us never to let anyone get away with insulting or disrespecting her. Same way he took his own mum. Dem no born my mama well to even talk back, not to talk of disrespecting his mum. She understood those boundaries and respected it. I wont take my husband disrespecting my mum, so i wont do the same.

this was how i left africa many moons ago but it seems the trend has now changed....

babyosisi:
This is the Sauron I knew

who is sauron?
Re: My Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 12, 2012
flinspiero: MAY UR DAYZIZ BE LONG...

Amen o
Long and fruitful
Same to you
Re: My Mother Inlaw by armyofone(m): 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2012
Interesting like something imaginary had that girl? Not a woman had the girl, raised her, trained her etc? The girl's mom didn't go through tears, pains of toasters disturbing her daughter, frequent prayers to see her settle with the right man etc...huh shocked

People should be considerate of the other person. Remember, a woman raised that woman who became your wifey.

I will not disrespect mama but shall don't take side just because you walked the nostalgic lines of what Nne did. Afterall my Nne did the same now. If you do, I will gladly return the goat and bride price myself grin. I will add drums of upwine and all the fowls you bought back to you with happiness. that night, will get me ol' Remy Martins to thank the gods.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Inlaw by coogar: 8:01pm On Dec 12, 2012
armyofone: Interesting like something imaginary had that girl? Not a woman had the girl, raised her, trained her etc? The girl's mom didn't go through tears, pains of toasters disturbing her daughter, frequent prayers to see her settle with the right man etc...huh shocked

and something imaginary taught her to insult women old enough to be her mum, right?

People should be considerate of the other person. Remember, a woman raised that woman who became your wifey.

yes a woman did - and she must have done an awful job in home training for her daughter to insult her mother in-law. if that's what obtains in their family where daughters can openly insult mothers then they can have their daughter back and gimme back my bride price...................and my goat!

I will not disrespect mama but shall don't take side just because you walked the nostalgic lines of what Nne did. Afterall my Nne did the same now. If you do, I will gladly return the goat and bride price myself . I will add drums of upwine and all the fowls you bought back to you with happiness. that night, will get me ol' Remy Martins to thank the gods.

it's not about taking sides - this case is a total disrespect of the mother in-law just because she cooked for her own son. there are other ways to show one's dissatisfaction rather than throwing her husband's food away and asking her mother in-law to leave the house. dang it, heads would roll!
Re: My Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ujujoan:

Na wa oh . . . Are you so scared of the man you claim to love so much that you can't even air your greiviances to him

Thank God I married a man who I can still complain to about things that are not right to me, without standing the risk of being kicked out. cool cool cool

How you colcluded that this post is about gra gra is beyond me!

The woman has been tolerating crap from the MIL for soo long. When a bull is pushed to the wall, you know what happenes!

All I'm saying if if MIL has behaved herself, or her hubby had intervened when he should have, things would not have gotten to this stage!

I hope to br married forever, and forevere is a looooong time to spend kissing up to someone who is making me unhappy in my own home. DILs who take crap from their MILs are mostly on their knees every night praying for the poor woman to die so they can have peace of mind.

I prefer we all live in peace than one party making the other uncomfortable, don't you think

Uju being wise and logical ; showing experience , knowledge and good judgement,.......Also responding sensibly or shrewdly to any situation you come across DOESN'T make me less of a person / insecure , I have values and integrity and that's what maters in a good woman.

By the way how did you deduce that I'm scared of my husband? We dated for almost a decade and married for almost a decade..... he is my best friend and my confidant .... I am financially stable for the rest of my life and so he is therefore standing by myself is no issue..... I couldn't asked for a better person to share my last days with.

I am just raised that way I guess.... being archaic wink , I don't jump on my elder's throat and I no dey do gra gra ... hun hun not in my nature so how can I do that do somebody else I hardly know/ getting to know?

It's the way you portray yourself that people will treat you..... I lay my ground rules and they respect it without upheaval , does this face look like it( disrespecting my ground rules?) ? Them no fit without a fight! It's called WISDOM.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 12, 2012
If you respect yourself as a normal human being, nobody would disrespect your grey hairs.
If you call yourself an adult, behave like one.
Snorting and making snide remarks is not adult behavior. It is puerile and devilish.
You cannot dish out childish behavior and expect to be respected, just because you are older. It is impossible and works against the laws of nature.
If you say the daughter-in-law would do the same to the OP, that is to say Mama must have done the same to her own Mother-in-law, so she is just receiving the 'fruits of her labor'. grin
Mama should respect herself if she wants to be respected.

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 12, 2012
Sapele can you please modify that long post or even take it off like completely...... I already told you not to take things too serious here....but you chose not to listen

You are not like this and you allowed this thread to get to you. It is well.
Re: My Mother Inlaw by Kobojunkie: 9:14pm On Dec 12, 2012
stillwater: If you respect yourself as a normal human being, nobody would disrespect your grey hairs.
If you call yourself an adult, behave like one.

Snorting and making snide remarks is not adult behavior. It is puerile and devilish.
You cannot dish out childish behavior and expect to be respected, just because you are older. It is impossible and works against the laws of nature.
If you say the daughter-in-law would do the same to the OP, that is to say Mama must have done the same to her own Mother-in-law, so she is just receiving the 'fruits of her labor'. grin
Mama should respect herself if she wants to be respected.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2012

Hahahahahaha!!
With this mindset you may get to your 4th divorce before finally finding the nut you can't crack that will use broken bottles to shave your head gorimakpa grin
Marriage is not by gragra my dear
It takes two
It takes wisdom and common sense
In as much as a woman should respect her MIL,a man also needs to respect his wife and know when she has been overstretched and recognize when his mother is being a total a$$ and kindly remove her from the situation.
Mother is not always right

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Inlaw by SapeleDon: 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2012
@jidegirl please let this go.

All points from the sensible,hilarious,mudslinging,name callings and the dirty fights have been made on this topic and its time to let go.

But the most important thing is that the op is at peace in her home,so no need being more catholic than the pope still fighting another person's fight.

Was taking it personal before I realized that I was making a mockery of myself,so don't join those of us that have DISGRACED ourselves here already.

My regards to oga and the daughters.
Re: My Mother Inlaw by SapeleDon: 9:24pm On Dec 12, 2012
@jidegirl how do you modify a post or even take the post completely?not ashamed to say am not that savvy when it comes to matters like that.

Some of the things I wrote is very unlike myon so want to take them out completely.

Never insulted a woman in real life so doing it online came as a surprise to me.

Need to take the posts down.

Tell me how to go about it thanks.
Re: My Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 12, 2012
Sapele_Don: @jidegirl how do you modify a post or even take the post completely?not ashamed to say am not that savvy when it comes to matters like that.

Some of the things I wrote is very unlike myon so want to take them out completely.

Never insulted a woman in real life so doing it online came as a surprise to me.

Need to take the posts down.

Tell me how to go about it thanks.

Sign in and you'd see modify option underneath your post, click on it and then delete/backspace everything then submit again!
Re: My Mother Inlaw by SapeleDon: 9:54pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ok thanks doing it now
Re: My Mother Inlaw by coogar: 9:55pm On Dec 12, 2012
babyosisi:

Hahahahahaha!!
With this mindset you may get to your 4th divorce before finally finding the nut you can't crack that will use broken bottles to shave your head gorimakpa grin
Marriage is not by gragra my dear
It takes two
It takes wisdom and common sense
In as much as a woman should respect her MIL,a man also needs to respect his wife and know when she has been overstretched and recognize when his mother is being a total a$$ and kindly remove her from the situation.
Mother is not always right

so mama cooking food for her own son to eat is her acting like an arseholë? may thunder fire all you politically-correct tools. i reiterate, that woman is yet to be born. not even my dad would get away with insulting my sweet mother in my presence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mecNrIaWOA
Re: My Mother Inlaw by minute(f): 10:15pm On Dec 12, 2012
Send your anger in the direction it belongs. Yes your mother in law is a royal pain in the a** but it's your

husband's responsiblity to tell her to butt out and get a life of her own.

There's nothing wrong in setting boundaries and saying no to her. She's not your mom afterall and you're

both adults. undecided undecided

When she starts in with advice just say sweetly, "thanks but i like to do things my way"

When she starts telling you how to make major life decisions, try "Well,{hubby} and I are still hashing out
the details. When *WE* make *OUR* decision,we'll tell you what we choose.

When she starts to nag or criticize throw your hands dramatically in the air and sigh "everybody is a critic!"
or ask her pointedly "Did your mother in law criticize you a lot? Did you like it?"

Aren't they just great? Gotta run your life but they can't run their own. Hopefully she will come around. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Mother Inlaw by armyofone(m): 10:21pm On Dec 12, 2012
Mama cooking in her married son's home for just her son is plain wrong! mama should not bother herself making meals but if she feels like cooking, then by all means cook for everyone in that house. don't tell me you don't know.

Wifey went to work, the right thing was for oga to wait for wifey or leave some for her.
Something like hey babes, there is meal from mama for us.
not sit down like almajiri eating like mama little boy tongue grin

coogar:

so mama cooking food for her own son to eat is her acting like an arseholë? may thunder fire all you politically-correct tools. i reiterate, that woman is yet to be born. not even my dad would get away with insulting my sweet mother in my presence.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 12, 2012
coogar:

This poster is currently living with her MIL
You can't possibly expect that she would chronicle the day to day run ins with her MIL on that short post
What she gave were highlights
Most people reading it know that what she did with the food was an action borne out of a long period of frustration
If you read the post well,you will see that she started by telling us the criticisms her MIL had of her cooking skills,her mothering skills,her wifely and home keeping skills
So her snatching and throwing away food which is what you choose to dwell on is quite minute compared to the big picture
I looked at the big picture and responded from that vantage point

The woman even devised a witch story so as not to leave
Can't you see mama here has issues and is part of the problem?

Read her again

Hello there, my mother-lnlaw came to our house three months ago, the initial plan was for her to stay some few weeks and return back, but she refused to go back saying they want to kill her in d village among other stories, my hubby said she should stay for awhile. Her son(my hubby) seems to be very important to her than our child, she always talks about how i dont feed him well, i dont cook well, how i dont manage money, etc. [/b]Just this evening i got back from work to find out that she washed his cloths, prepared his meal, my hubby sat down enjoying the meal and they were talking, i greeted my hubby and then [b]my mil she gave me a look that made me explode, i threw the food my hubby was eating and shouted at her and told her she would leave my house, but my hubby said she would not leave. He obviously enjoyed all the care from his mama. Right now i am very angry i dont know what to do. Please advice me on what to do. I know i made a mistake throwing the food away and shouting at her. I am not a bad wife i try to take care of my family and i also have a stressful job. Thank u.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Inlaw by Kobojunkie: 10:26pm On Dec 12, 2012
armyofone: Mama cooking in her married son's home for just her son is plain wrong! mama should not bother herself making meals but if she feels like cooking, then by all means cook for everyone in that house. don't tell me you don't know.

Wifey went to work, the right thing was for oga to wait for wifey or leave some for her.

This is reason why I love my Grandma, and mum, more than any other women on this planet. Though never formally educated, My Grandma would never show up at our door unannounced especially if she planned to stay long. We always loved her staying long periods because that meant she would babysit us while my mum and Dad was away. My Grandma also took over cooking much of the time she was with us but she always did it with my Mum/Dads permission. She always relied on my mum to make decision on what to feed the house and she made sure to cook for everyone(except when she has to make her own meal or something).

My mum was raised in that same Nigeria however, she realized early that you should do onto others as you will like for them to do to you. It is common sense logic. . . If you will not sit for someone else entering your kitchen to cook only for your husband, then do not do it to others. Do not move into someone else's home and pretend you can then take over their duties/marriage right without permission.

My mama tells all six of us this . . . after we each get married, she takes back-seat and watches the fruit of her work manifest, not come in to continue TAKING OVER as if she is made to serve us for life in "the name of love". I keep mentioning this so those who are daft can at some point get it. Marriage is about a man and his wife, no longer about him and his mother or him and his siblings. Once a man/woman is married, you start life anew. All people you used to know take a back seat and your wife and children take front seat.

These are examples of women who were raised in that same Africa. . . . a generation apart but were able to apply common sense when dealing with even their own kids. How then can anyone come on here to tell us that acting like animals is the African/Nigerian way and that applying common sense and respecting others is OYINBO way and not African?

It breaks my heart when I read people make claims that the African way is to be disrespectful and rude. I weep for the future of Africa as I whole when I read these things. Some people were raised to believe being disrespectful and to disregard the rights of others is the African way . . imagine that nonsense?

1 Like

Re: My Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 12, 2012
armyofone: Mama cooking in her married son's home for just her son is plain wrong! mama should not bother herself making meals but if she feels like cooking, then by all means cook for everyone in that house. don't tell me you don't know.

And so what? Heaven should fall down? If you don't like her food make your own and talk to your hubby about it.......why is everything soo important to you! some women should just relax and take a chill pill!

Some MILs will not lift a finger and chauffeur you around and you'd complain again.... **sighs**
Re: My Mother Inlaw by 2sexy(m): 10:38pm On Dec 12, 2012
blaise26.abj:

If not that I am a fresh grad, I would have asked for a way to send you an EXPENSIVE xmaz gift... God knows I would have dont that. That was the exactly what I was trying to say. God bless you.
Re: My Mother Inlaw by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 12, 2012
Another thing some of you ladies need to do is speak to your moms before they go to your brother's homes especially if you have had MIL issues yourself
Men tell your mothers the same things
These mothers don't mean harm,they sincerely are trying to help but that's not the way it comes out
before my mom went to my brother's for omugwo I actually called and asked her not to say pim when she gets there
I advised her not to get into any of the husband wife quarrels,not to put mouth at all at all or take sides
I laid down rules and told her that if she saw them arguing even if they have a dagger about to dagger themselves,,she should just walk upstairs to the guest room where they gave her and shut the door
Seriously
Wife can cook o
She can't cook,eat whatever you are served,you are in their home ,when you go home you cook your style
She is dirty o,she is clean,don't say a word,na you go their house
I said mommy,if Nneka calls me to say that my mother did this or said that I will believe her 100% and I will blame any marital problems on you and she did exactly as I said
Hehehehehehe grin grin grin,she delivered a strong willed daughter like her grin grin grin grin
She does the same exact thing when she visits my house
If she is coming downstairs and hears hubby and I arguing over something,she goes upstairs and stays upstairs and will not say a word
I believe every mother should do this and every daughter should advise their moms to do this
Some women will lay down harsh rules for their MIL yet their own mothers are not under the same rules,that is not right
The woman and her mother have also joined in instances to show the son in law pepper
My MIL will not pack and come and live with me permanently neither will my own mother

The situation here is not a biggie,the DIL just has to handle it wisely and everyone is happy

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Inlaw by coogar: 10:50pm On Dec 12, 2012
babyosisi:
This poster is currently living with her MIL
You can't possibly expect that she would chronicle the day to day run ins with her MIL on that short post
What she gave were highlights
Most people reading it know that what she did with the food was an action borne out of a long period of frustration

which it makes it justified, right?
she's been so frustrated now means she should throw the food her husband is eating in the presence of her inlaw? wow - how great is that? may God save us from these naija women from kerosene/firewood backgrounds! attractive on the crust, rotten in the core!

If you read the post well,you will see that she started by telling us the criticisms her MIL had of her cooking skills,her mothering skills,her wifely and home keeping skills
So her snatching and throwing away food which is what you choose to dwell on is quite minute compared to the big picture. I looked at the big picture and responded from that vantage point

why has it taken her so long to address this issue? anyway you wanna look at it, this woman is a bad wife. if my mum comes and she's making my wife miserable then i expect my wife to tell me her dissatisfaction then i can tell my mum to not to overstep her boundaries.

this wife kept bottling her emotions - suffering and smiling!!!
is that the moral her parents taught her? is that the principle the scriptures taught her? which of the holy books encourage a wife to disrespect her elders or even bottle up her emotions? no wonder there are more divorcees out there than singles.....

The woman even devised a witch story so as not to leave
Can't you see mama here has issues and is part of the problem?
Read her again

witch issues are fillers/sweeteners so that gullible people like yourself can empathise with the story-teller. witch stories in the 21st century! did she marry a stark illiterate? "poor me - my mother inlaw is driving me crazy, she's accused me of being a witch/whöre and jefferey dahmer's accomplice. she can fück right off with her heap of porkies!
Re: My Mother Inlaw by Kobojunkie: 10:55pm On Dec 12, 2012
babyosisi:
before my mom went to my brother's for omugwo I actually called and asked her not to say pim when she gets there
I believe every mother should do this and every daughter should advise their moms to do this

While I agree with you, I have a hard time believing a MOTHER would have to wait for her daughter to give her rules on how she should act before she knows what to do in another person's house.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Deleted Post / My Husband Has Finally Fulfilled his fantasy of having a thr3esom&e / How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.