Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,751 members, 7,844,461 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11003540 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (7794) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:33am On Aug 06, 2013
[quote author=Elai147]

For security reasons, you should register online with CSCS and worry less about trade alert. It will cost you just N2,500 per annum for "individual account". There seems to be no current solution on this. I know a lot of investors, including me, who have complained to CSCS concerning this issue but they keep saying the same thing. The bad stockbrokers MAY SO #2500 FOR 1YR? ARE THEY GOING TO SAND IT E-MAIL OR WHAT? WILL THEY ALL SO SAND THE STATEMENT OF MY SHARE'S ?.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 9:10am On Aug 06, 2013
So-brit:
Pls someone eplain the effect of the international energy insurance share reconstruction

The share reconstruction formula is 1 share for every 5 shares held by investors. See details below.
http://blueprintng.com/new/2013/06/10/nse-suspends-shares-of-international-energy-insurance/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 9:15am On Aug 06, 2013
[quote author=ihedioramma][/quote]

When you register they will send your login and password to you by email. You can print your statement yourself when you log.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Meringe(m): 9:32am On Aug 06, 2013
Is it advisable to invest in Oando and firstbank for short-term investment?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 9:42am On Aug 06, 2013
Meringe: Is it advisable to invest in Oando and firstbank for short-term investment?
NO!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omexonomy: 11:15am On Aug 06, 2013
9free:
NO!!!
why no. I know first bank will soon bounce back but as for oando i have nothing to say.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 12:11pm On Aug 06, 2013
Omexonomy: why no. I know first bank will soon bounce back but as for oando i have nothing to say.

firstbank will definately bounce back but nt in the short term and that is the basis why oga 9free said NO...anybody investing in first bank and oando should zero his mind for long term investment
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by frond: 12:49pm On Aug 06, 2013
Meringe: Is it advisable to invest in Oando and firstbank for short-term investment?

What time frame are we talking about here? A month? Two?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 1:11pm On Aug 06, 2013
Elai147:

When you register they will send your login and password to you by email. You can print your statement yourself when you log.
so how do i start now? thats very good if i login and se all the share's in my portfo, the #2,500 is it for 1yr? are you useing it now?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 1:39pm On Aug 06, 2013
ihedioramma: so how do i start now? thats very good if i login and se all the share's in my portfo, the #2,500 is it for 1yr? are you useing it now?
Just Go To Their Website For Direction On How To Sign Up, It Is Self Explanatory
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 1:47pm On Aug 06, 2013
soloniger:
Just Go To Their Website For Direction On How To Sign Up, It Is Self Explanatory
Thank's let me have the website
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sobrit(m): 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2013
Thanks Elai. Had to ask meritrade guys today
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bruglione1(m): 4:03pm On Aug 06, 2013
What stocks could be bought in the immediate future and how does one predict possible maturity?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 8:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
Elai147:

The share reconstruction formula is 1 share for every 5 shares held by investors. See details below.
http://blueprintng.com/new/2013/06/10/nse-suspends-shares-of-international-energy-insurance/
it simply means investors/shareholders will lose 80% of their stake in the stock
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 9:10pm On Aug 06, 2013
ihedioramma: Thank's let me have the website
http://www.cscsnigeriaplc.com/web/guest/signup
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 9:12pm On Aug 06, 2013
ihedioramma: Thank's let me have the website
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sobrit(m): 9:31pm On Aug 06, 2013
[quote author=stockbull]it simply means investors/shareholders will lose 80% of their stake in the stock[/quote
how does this happen? Can u throw more light
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sobrit(m): 9:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
stockbull: it simply means investors/shareholders will lose 80% of their stake in the stock

how does this happen? Can u throw more light on this
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:12pm On Aug 06, 2013
So-brit:

how does this happen? Can u throw more light on this

It means that the holdings of IEI shareholders have been reduced by 80% due to the 1 for 5 reconstruction plan. However, share reconstruction is not supposed to reduce the value of an investor’s portfolio. In most cases there are usually adjustments in the share prices in such a way that the current value (after reconstruction) will be the same as or close to the previous value (before reconstruction). For example, if a company undergoes a 1-for-5 share split, an investor who holds 1000 units will now have 200 units (1000 divided by 5). Meanwhile, if the stock price was N1.00 before reconstruction, the price may be adjusted to N5.00 giving you the same value as your previous 1000 units. But this may not always be the case... Don't know if this was how IEI share reconstruction was done because I don't really know anything about the stock.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sobrit(m): 6:47am On Aug 07, 2013
Thanks again Elai.. This was exactly my calculation since it was .50k and after the construction company, it was made #2.50, so i'd said it was just a play of nomenclature as nothing was lost nor gained except the recent drop from 2.50 to 2.25.
Maybe stockbull got more info about this. He should share
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 7:02am On Aug 07, 2013
soloniger:
THANK'S ARE YOU USEING IT NOW?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 7:30am On Aug 07, 2013
So-brit:
Thanks again Elai.. This was exactly my calculation since it was .50k and after the construction company, it was made #2.50, so i'd said it was just a play of nomenclature as nothing was lost nor gained except the recent drop from 2.50 to 2.25.

meaning your 0.50 shares are now N 0.45

That's a Big loss in my opinion

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stock4life: 9:03am On Aug 07, 2013
The message below was sent by GT Bank. Pls will this cushon the effect of the CRR policy on banks stock?

UPWARD REVIEW OF INTEREST RATE ON FACILITY

Thank you for banking with us.

We write to inform you of the recent increase of the Cash Reserve Requirement on Public Sector funds from 12% to 50% by the Monetary Policy Committee of the Central Bank of Nigeria. This recent upward review has reduced liquidity in the financial market and has ultimately led to increase in the cost of funding within the financial system.

As a result of this, it is imperative that the bank reviews its interest rates in response to market dynamics.

Please be informed that the interest rate on your loan facility or facilities will be reviewed upwards by 200 basis points (2.00%p.a) with effect from August 13, 2013.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RichYoungRuler(m): 9:35am On Aug 07, 2013
So-brit:
Hi Bosses in the house; My thoughts on the above is that if the number of outstanding shares in this said company is about the same with other insurance coys now, the price will soon nosedive to the 0.50k it was before the reconstruction and if things don't change in the insurance sector for good, one may find it difficult to sell after a while, reminds me of equity assurance.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RichYoungRuler(m): 9:38am On Aug 07, 2013
stock4life: The message below was sent by GT Bank. Pls will this cushon the effect of the CRR policy on banks stock?

UPWARD REVIEW OF INTEREST RATE ON FACILITY

Thank you for banking with us.

We write to inform you of the recent increase of the Cash Reserve Requirement on Public Sector funds from 12% to 50% by the Monetary Policy Committee of the Central Bank of Nigeria. This recent upward review has reduced liquidity in the financial market and has ultimately led to increase in the cost of funding within the financial system.

As a result of this, it is imperative that the bank reviews its interest rates in response to market dynamics.

Please be informed that the interest rate on your loan facility or facilities will be reviewed upwards by 200 basis points (2.00%p.a) with effect from August 13, 2013.
Its nice to note that they didn't write concerning those that currently have interest paying instruments with them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RichYoungRuler(m): 9:45am On Aug 07, 2013
Bosses in the house, a quick one here; Do you think the banking sector forecasts and bottom-lines will be reviewed downwards with the said increase in CRR? if yes do you see this impacting negatively in the share prices now or by the time the full 2013 results are announced? Going forward,what will be your strategy if you have substantial percentage of your portfolio in this sector?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 12:03pm On Aug 07, 2013
RichYoungRuler:
Hi Bosses in the house; My thoughts on the above is that if the number of outstanding shares in this said company is about the same with other insurance coys now, the price will soon nosedive to the 0.50k it was before the reconstruction and if things don't change in the insurance sector for good, one may find it difficult to sell after a while, reminds me of equity assurance.

Yes the intention is to reduce the number of outstanding shares which in turn improves the value of the company's shares in the market but this will not affect the total book value (at present) of those shares. However, share reconstruction in Nigeria can be very unfavourable. I have noticed that the increase in price of the stock after reconstruction is not always sustainable and the price falls steadily, maybe due to market condition. So even if the Directors of the company try to justify the action, investors still see it as a rip-off. In my opinion, share reconstruction of a failed company is a total waste of time and a ripoff to investors because there is already a negative perception of the stock. For example, in 2008 Ecobank did share reconstruction (1 for 3) and my holdings were drastically reduced and the new price could not be sustained. As if that was not enough, in 2011 the parent company (ETI) absorbed Ecobank and performed another share reconstruction (1 ETI share for every 5.16 Ecobank share). At the end, my 70,000 units of Ecobank turned to 4,641 units of ETI. The reconstruction was a failure and a rip-off.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 12:21pm On Aug 07, 2013
Elai147:

Yes the intention is to reduce the number of outstanding shares which in turn improves the value of the company's shares in the market but this will not affect the total book value (at present) of those shares. However, share reconstruction in Nigeria can be very unfavourable. I have noticed that the increase in price of the stock after reconstruction is not always sustainable and the price falls steadily, maybe due to market condition. So even if the Directors of the company try to justify the action, investors still see it as a rip-off. In my opinion, share reconstruction of a failed company is a total waste of time and a ripoff to investors because there is already a negative perception of the stock. For example, in 2008 Ecobank did share reconstruction (1 for 3) and my holdings were drastically reduced and the new price could not be sustained. As if that was not enough, in 2011 the parent company (ETI) absorbed Ecobank and performed another share reconstruction (1 ETI share for every 5.16 Ecobank share). At the end, my 70,000 units of Ecobank turned to 4,641 units of ETI. The reconstruction was a failure and a rip-off.
Na wa ooohhh..... and I just used about N35,000 to get about 2,500 units recently.
Things dey happen for we market.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 12:58pm On Aug 07, 2013
RichYoungRuler: Bosses in the house, a quick one here; Do you think the banking sector forecasts and bottom-lines will be reviewed downwards with the said increase in CRR? if yes do you see this impacting negatively in the share prices now or by the time the full 2013 results are announced? Going forward,what will be your strategy if you have substantial percentage of your portfolio in this sector?

I don't think the banks will alter their forecasts as it will give a negative connotation to investors. Investors are already aware that increased CRR will lead to reduced liquidity and will affect bank's profitability. So there is no need for banks to make it sound like it's a big problem otherwise this can have negative effect on their share prices. Ordinarily investors expects competent banks, especially those that are not too exposed to public sector funds, to try and minimise the effect of increased CRR.

I have substantial amount of bankings stocks (Zenith, FBNH, GTB, Access and ETI) in my portfolio, most of which are for the long term. So if the increased CRR eventually leads to fall in share prices of banking stocks as perceived by investors (perhaps due to reduced profitability), my strategy will be to take advantage of the situation by increasing my holdings and waiting for them to get back to profitability. This is because the increase in CRR will only be temporal. So I don't think there is cause for alarm if you have good banking stocks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anyanwu58: 1:43pm On Aug 07, 2013
Elai147:

I don't think the banks will alter their forecasts as it will give a negative connotation to investors. Investors are already aware that increased CRR will lead to reduced liquidity and will affect bank's profitability. So there is no need for banks to make it sound like it's a big problem otherwise this can have negative effect on their share prices. Ordinarily investors expects competent banks, especially those that are not too exposed to public sector funds, to try and minimise the effect of increased CRR.

I have substantial amount of bankings stocks (Zenith, FBNH, GTB, Access and ETI) in my portfolio, most of which are for the long term. So if the increased CRR eventually leads to fall in share prices of banking stocks as perceived by investors (perhaps due to reduced profitability), my strategy will be to take advantage of the situation by increasing my holdings and waiting for them to get back to profitability. This is because the increase in CRR will only be temporal. So I don't think there is cause for alarm if you have good banking stocks.

CRR will be temporal.............. like how many months?
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 6:16pm On Aug 07, 2013
anyanwu58:

CRR will be temporal.............. like how many months?
Thanks
Till after 2015 elections. I may be wrong though......

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omexonomy: 6:33pm On Aug 07, 2013
soloniger:
assuming i dont want to be recieving textmessage from css, i want it by e-mail will i still pay N2500 naira.

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (7794) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Olaide1295, Digitron and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.