Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,532 members, 7,854,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:21 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11046016 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (7808) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2013
Omexonomy: assuming i dont want to be recieving textmessage from css, i want it by e-mail will i still pay N2500 naira.
yes
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2013
sell pressure in big cap stocks amid two days holiday in respect of one of the top celebrations in the country. The market was with less activities today with most stocks not having significant bid. The biggest cap stocks label the market bearish whenever the bear rule them. It's a bad implication and a good flavour some other time
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 12:51am On Aug 08, 2013
ihedioramma: THANK'S ARE YOU USEING IT NOW?
No, Me Now Think You Are Dragging, You Know Better.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by frond: 6:57am On Aug 08, 2013
RichYoungRuler:
Its nice to note that they didn't write concerning those that currently have interest paying instruments with them.
From that announcement it seems the current loan will be affected otherwise there wouldn't be any reasons to write or inform the holders about the changes. I believe most of the loans are variable interest, the bank reserve the right to review it anytime. The solution is to pay the loan back as soon as you can.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 10:56am On Aug 08, 2013
To all ogas please which one can be best consider for the long time and also the best time to join the bus;
Ubacap, diamond bank, zenith bank, oando and first bank.
Please help, the advise taken will be at my own personal risk
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2013
@phemmie,
From a lot of indications,the mkt is abt to enter a bear session so I advise u wait b4 u take long term position.The bear period will present better opportunities.
@stockbull, u no come talk of champion again and d train don take off. Tell us what we need to know abt dt stock.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 2:37pm On Aug 08, 2013
Hello house, please i have a question: what is the minimum amount one can invest in the stock market?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 2:39pm On Aug 08, 2013
Also, my younger brother is turning 18 next month. Is he qualified to invest in the market or i should buy in his behalf. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by frond: 6:33pm On Aug 08, 2013
Ugosample: Hello house, please i have a question: what is the minimum amount one can invest in the stock market?

1 naira but you must register with a broker as you can't buy on the floor yourself.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by frond: 6:35pm On Aug 08, 2013
Ugosample: Also, my younger brother is turning 18 next month. Is he qualified to invest in the market or i should buy in his behalf. Thank you.

Yes he can invest himself when is eighteen. Good luck
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by frond: 6:38pm On Aug 08, 2013
phemmie06: To all ogas please which one can be best consider for the long time and also the best time to join the bus;
Ubacap, diamond bank, zenith bank, oando and first bank.
Please help, the advise taken will be at my own personal risk

It depends on the definition of your long time. You mean two, three or five years. All the stocks are good for this period. But if you mean months, please know your profit target and the time frame, these will help you to know the stock to buy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 10:06pm On Aug 08, 2013
has any1 gotten dividend n bonus alert of courtville yet?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sobrit(m): 11:36am On Aug 09, 2013
House, if a stock broker is suspended by sec, what is the fate of the clients of the brokering firm?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 5:16pm On Aug 09, 2013
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 5:40pm On Aug 09, 2013
So-brit:
House, if a stock broker is suspended by sec, what is the fate of the clients of the brokering firm?

The stockbroking firm becomes temporarily inactive in terms of buying and selling stocks from the trading floor. Investors of such firm are expected to transfer their stocks to active stockbroking firms of their choice. The only investors who may have some difficulties are those who issued a sell mandate to the stockbroking firm just before the suspension. If the sale has been carried out and the investors have not received payments from such sales before the suspension, such investors will have to turn to SEC for their money and you know what that means... This is just my opinion.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 6:22pm On Aug 09, 2013
Vitafoam Nigeria Plc notified The Exchange that sequel to the Board of Directors meeting held on July 25th 2013, it has appointed Meristem Registrars Limited as the new Registrar to the Company effective 1st August, 2013. According to the Company, the change of Registrar was as a result of the receipt of notice of acquisition of its erstwhile Registrar - UAC Registrars Limited - by Africa Prudential Registrars Limited.

Source: Proshare
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sobrit(m): 7:12pm On Aug 09, 2013
Keep it up mr Elai. I think you are now the stockbull of the house. Invaluable contribution for me personally.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sobrit(m): 8:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
Again, can a suspended stock broker by any means, sell the stocks in his/her custody?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 1:56am On Aug 10, 2013
So-brit:
Again, can a suspended stock broker by any means, sell the stocks in his/her custody?
there is no way he/she can do this
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 10, 2013
Elai147: Vitafoam Nigeria Plc notified The Exchange that sequel to the Board of Directors meeting held on July 25th 2013, it has appointed Meristem Registrars Limited as the new Registrar to the Company effective 1st August, 2013. According to the Company, the change of Registrar was as a result of the receipt of notice of acquisition of its erstwhile Registrar - UAC Registrars Limited - by Africa Prudential Registrars Limited.

Source: Proshare

Wow. It seems they feel meristem will deliver on the upcoming rights issue better than afriprud.
Meanwhile, how much is the right issue of vitafoam?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 6:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
So-brit:
yes.they normally do transfer.although their account would be locked with cscs but they have a way of doing it. It may not be legal though....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sobrit(m): 8:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
[quote author=stockbull]
yes.they normally do transfer.although their account would be locked with cscs but they have a way of doing it. It may not be legal though....[/quote
thanks stockbull. First time responding to my question.
I just discovered my former broker is on suspension and wouldn't tell me and i asked her to sell my shares which she admitted to have sold since last week and has not credited my account with the proceeds. Till monday i will knw what next with her
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by distinct00: 8:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
please where can I get free materials online on stock anlysis.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 9:36pm On Aug 10, 2013
So-brit:
Keep it up mr Elai. I think you are now the stockbull of the house. Invaluable contribution for me personally.

Very far from that...am still learning o....

So-brit:

Yes but they have to do it via another stockbroking firm that is active and the process may not be as fast as they could do if they were active. I don't really know the process they follow but there is a way they do it...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 9:43pm On Aug 10, 2013
mercylicious:

Wow. It seems they feel meristem will deliver on the upcoming rights issue better than afriprud.
Meanwhile, how much is the right issue of vitafoam?

According to Proshare, the right issue will be one new share for one already held.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 9:46pm On Aug 10, 2013
distinct00: please where can I get free materials online on stock anlysis.

You can try google and youtube. You should get a lot of materials there.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2013
NAICOM confirms huge increase in foreign investment in firms
http://www.easykobo.com/News.aspx?id=1717

Is NAICOM trying to tell us the insurance sector is back to business? Anyway, let's wait and see what their long awaited 2012 report will look like. We hope to see some reports this month.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anyanwu58: 8:17pm On Aug 11, 2013
Please Bosses in the house
FIDSON approved dividend is it for the existing shareholders?
or are they going to announce the qualification date?
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debostar(m): 10:12am On Aug 12, 2013
The closing date for FIDSON Dividend was 08/07/2013 AND THE PAYMENT Date was 26/07/2013
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 12:48pm On Aug 12, 2013
This thread is a bit sober.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 1:58pm On Aug 12, 2013
seems purchasing power don reduce for our hands.
otokx: This thread is a bit sober.

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (7808) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bukkydudu, teejay1334(m), Foundationchamp(f), Neurotika, Redoil, Ginalex(f), egojeny1(f), owolabi5 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.