Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10945907 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1228) (1229) (1230) (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) ... (7775) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 7:33am On Dec 24, 2015
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 7:39am On Dec 24, 2015
zendi:
Transaction Proceeds Direct Into Your Bank From Jan 4th, 2016.

http://www.proshareng.com/news/Regulators/Direct-Cash-Settlement-Implementation-to-Commence-Jan-4-2016/29631
this may render it impossible to sell and buy with the proceed the same day.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:20am On Dec 24, 2015
zendi:
this may render it impossible to sell and buy with the proceed the same day.

Optional
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 8:30am On Dec 24, 2015
Agbalowomeri:

Optional

But not stated!!! Or r u the secretary to the NSE BOSS?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 9:35am On Dec 24, 2015
Krisuba:

its optional.if you're interested just fill the form and forward to your broker.
if you don't want dcs just ignore
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 10:02am On Dec 24, 2015
Krisuba:

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 24, 2015
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 24, 2015
grin grin grin

Pa to d pa to the nse boss.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 1:06pm On Dec 24, 2015
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 1:59pm On Dec 24, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by myjoy084: 2:29pm On Dec 24, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by talk2me2: 2:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
www.proshareng.com/news/Capital%20Market/The-Launch-of-the-NSE-X-BOSS---TNI-Q4-E12/29633
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by talk2me2: 2:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
www.proshareng.com/news/Capital%20Market/Direct-Cash-Settlement-System-and-Stock-Market-Trading/29471
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:24pm On Dec 24, 2015
the year is going out are you there ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 5:49pm On Dec 24, 2015
ihedioramma:
the year is going out are you there ?
am watching!!! looking for a better year next year and a better jijo next year
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 24, 2015
ufotty2001:
am watching!!! looking for a better year next year and a better jijo next year

Do you think next year is a JIJO year?For me i think its a year of real investment in the sense you buy a stock at cheap price like they are now and watch the prices soaring.JIJO will only favour your brokers while you are in a haste to sell between 5 to10% profit which is nothing to compare with 100% profit.

wishing everyone in this forum a happy xmas and a prosperous new year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by myjoy084: 7:15pm On Dec 24, 2015
Wishing everyone merry Christmas and a wonderful new year of 2016 in peace, happiness, favor, luck, blessings, and many opportunities. Cheers!

This is my Christmas gift for everyone...
Think and Grow Rich Investment book..plz read it!

http://eventualmillionaire.com/Resources/ThinkandGrowRich.pdf

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by myjoy084: 7:31pm On Dec 24, 2015
Krisuba:

Direct Cash Settlement Kicks-off in Nigeria's Capital Market
Wednesday, December 23​, ​2015

As part of the ongoing initiatives to protect investors and eliminate fraudulent activities in the Nigerian Capital Market, stakeholders in the market under the leadership of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and The Nigerian Stock Exchange will, with effect from January 4 2016, commence the Direct Cash Settlement initiative, which is the direct payment of proceed of sale of securities into an investor’s nominated bank account.

This was contained in a statement released by the Steering Committee on Direct Cash Settlement. The committee maintained that with the effective take-off of Direct Cash Settlement, investors in the Nigerian Capital Market would be credited directly with the net proceeds of stock market transactions which would address the illegal sale of investors’ securities.​

Direct cash settlement is a process where cash proceeds from trades executed by brokers on the Exchange settles directly into investors’ bank account. It starts when a client gives his broker the mandate to sell his or her shares. Once those shares are sold, payment is made directly into the client’s account. This is in contrast to the current practice where proceed from sale of securities is paid directly into the stockbroker’s account and stockbrokers then deduct transaction fees and remit the balance to the client’s account. Historically, issues have arisen on occasions when the proceed of sale were not remitted into the clients’ accounts, thereby necessitating the need for the initiative.

According to the DG of SEC, Mounir Gwarzo, he stated that “with the Direct Cash Settlement initiative, the moment securities are sold, the consideration will be paid into the client’s account. I am happy to report that at the last CMC, our members unanimously agreed that the Direct Cash Settlement initiative will commence on 4th of January 2016. So, we believe this will also improve investor confidence in the market”.

As against the current general practice where the proceed of sale for investors’ transactions go into the bank accounts of the brokers for onward disbursement to their clients, the practice under the ‘Direct Cash Settlement’ would be to send the net proceeds directly from the clearing and settlement system to investors’ accounts while the existing practice of payment through brokers would only happen where clients opt not to participate in the initiative.

Under the proposed framework for Direct Cash Settlement, brokers were mandated to forward their clients’ bank account details to the CSCS, the agent of The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) for the clearing and settlement of securities traded on the Automated Trading System (ATS) of the NSE for clients opting to participate in the Direct Cash Settlement initiative. Se​ttlement of subsequent trades carried out on the ATS would then be effected by direct payment into the client’s account as provided to the CSCS.

Investors are encouraged to contact their stockbrokers for more information on how to opt in to the Direct Cash Settlement initiative.​

Sir, i hope the bold answer the question grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 8:16pm On Dec 24, 2015
myjoy084:

As part of the ongoing initiatives to protect investors and eliminate fraudulent activities in the Nigerian Capital Market, stakeholders in the market under the leadership of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and The Nigerian Stock Exchange will, with effect from January 4 2016, commence the Direct Cash Settlement initiative, which is the direct payment of proceed of sale of securities into an investor’s nominated bank account.

This was contained in a statement released by the Steering Committee on Direct Cash Settlement. The committee maintained that with the effective take-off of Direct Cash Settlement, investors in the Nigerian Capital Market would be credited directly with the net proceeds of stock market transactions which would address the illegal sale of investors’ securities.​

Direct cash settlement is a process where cash proceeds from trades executed by brokers on the Exchange settles directly into investors’ bank account. It starts when a client gives his broker the mandate to sell his or her shares. Once those shares are sold, payment is made directly into the client’s account. This is in contrast to the current practice where proceed from sale of securities is paid directly into the stockbroker’s account and stockbrokers then deduct transaction fees and remit the balance to the client’s account. Historically, issues have arisen on occasions when the proceed of sale were not remitted into the clients’ accounts, thereby necessitating the need for the initiative.

According to the DG of SEC, Mounir Gwarzo, he stated that “with the Direct Cash Settlement initiative, the moment securities are sold, the consideration will be paid into the client’s account. I am happy to report that at the last CMC, our members unanimously agreed that the Direct Cash Settlement initiative will commence on 4th of January 2016. So, we believe this will also improve investor confidence in the market”.

As against the current general practice where the proceed of sale for investors’ transactions go into the bank accounts of the brokers for onward disbursement to their clients, the practice under the ‘Direct Cash Settlement’ would be to send the net proceeds directly from the clearing and settlement system to investors’ accounts while the existing practice of payment through brokers would only happen where clients opt not to participate in the initiative.

Under the proposed framework for Direct Cash Settlement, brokers were mandated to forward their clients’ bank account details to the CSCS, the agent of The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) for the clearing and settlement of securities traded on the Automated Trading System (ATS) of the NSE for clients opting to participate in the Direct Cash Settlement initiative. Se​ttlement of subsequent trades carried out on the ATS would then be effected by direct payment into the client’s account as provided to the CSCS.

Investors are encouraged to contact their stockbrokers for more information on how to opt in to the Direct Cash Settlement initiative.​ gooood development all those delay from stockbrokers will not occur again but what if you want to buy will they withdraw the money direct from your bank again!!

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mumu9gerian: 11:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
myjoy084:

Investors are encouraged to contact their stockbrokers for more information on how to opt in to the Direct Cash Settlement initiative.​

what are its disadvantages
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by myjoy084: 2:15am On Dec 25, 2015
mumu9gerian:

what are its disadvantages

Sir, the process is good for investors/traders/speculators who don't trust their brokers with huge amount of money when it comes to cash withdrawal after they sold their stocks. On the other-hand , it is not good for traders/speculators/investors who trade often in the market not once in a year! If you are not a daily trader(and investors sometimes) like some of us here, you can go for it and vice versa grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 9:21am On Dec 25, 2015
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/imf-predicts-oil-price-slump-to-20-in-2016/ IMF predicts oil price slump to $20
in 2016
December 25, 2015 at 12:27 am in News
Negates OPEC’s projection of rebound next
year
By Ediri Ejoh with Agency report
THE days ahead may just be harder than
envisaged as the International Monetary Fund
(IMF) yesterday, said crude oil prices may
slump to as low as $20 per barrel in 2016.
Following the release of the “IMF Executive
Board Concludes 2015 Article IV Consultation
with Iran” report, the body highlighted that the
price of crude oil could drop between $5 and
$15 in 2016. Following the release of the “IMF
Executive Board Concludes 2015 Article IV
Consultation with Iran” report, the body
highlighted that the price of crude oil could
drop between $5 and $15 in 2016.
According to IMF, the dwindling oil prices
would not have overtly negative effect on Iran,
whose gross domestic product (GDP) is
expected to rise four to 5.5 percent by 2017.
“Prospects for 2016/17 are brighter, owing to
the prospective lifting of economic sanctions.
Higher oil production, lower costs for trade
and financial transactions, and restored
access to foreign assets, are expected to lift
real GDP to about 4–5.5 percent next year,”
IMF said.
The same cannot be said for Nigeria, whose
2016 budget is benchmarked at an oil price of
$38 per barrel for the 2016 fiscal year.
With Nigeria expected to produce 2.2 million
barrels of crude oil per day in 2016 and sell at
$38 per barrel, the country expects to
generate $83.6 million per day in 2016 –
$30.514 billion in the year 2016.
Going by IMF’s predictions at $20, Nigeria
would generate $44 million per day in 2016,
amounting to $16.060 billion in the year.
This would mean that Nigeria would get at
least 47.4 percent less revenue from oil than
what is already projected, consequently
adding more pressure to the nation’s need to
go borrowing in 2016.
According to President Muhammadu Buhari,
oil related revenues are expected to
contribute N820 billion to the economy, while
the budget deficit which stands at N2.22
trillion would be funded by foreign and
domestic loans.
If the N820 billion expected from oil revenues
is cut by 47.4 percent – the IMF projected
decline in oil prices – the nation’s budgetary
deficit would move N388.68 billion to N2.59
trillion.
As at November, Iran, with the world’s fourth
largest oil reserves, had 36 million barrels of
oil stored in offshore tankers for sale in 2016
– sure to drive oversupply.
This is against the Organisation of Petroleum
Exporting Countries (OPEC) projections that
the global crude oil prices at seven-year low
will not continue to fall, as it could swing
upwards soon.
The Secretary-General, OPEC, Abdullah al-
Badri, made this disclosure at the first OPEC-
India Energy dialogue in New Delhi.
It will be recalled that oil prices fell by about
two-thirds since mid-2014, with Brent crude on
Monday flirting with its lowest level since
2004 at just above $36 a barrel.
According to him, “I’ve been in the oil
business all my life. I saw six cycles – I saw
very high price, I saw low price, and this is
one of them. This will not continue.”
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 9:29am On Dec 25, 2015
Happy Christmas to all brothers and sisters in the Lord. Am wishing all happy Christmas and prosperous new year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cadno(m): 9:40am On Dec 25, 2015
locodemy:

Do you think next year is a JIJO year?For me i think its a year of real investment in the sense you buy a stock at cheap price like they are now and watch the prices soaring.JIJO will only favour your brokers while you are in a haste to sell between 5 to10% profit which is nothing to compare with 100% profit.

wishing everyone in this forum a happy xmas and a prosperous new year.
Bros, u sound like the " FatherOf2 " back in the day of stock market before the crash, Pls confirm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 11:24am On Dec 25, 2015
myjoy084:

Yes boss. Only want to be sure if its optional.!!
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 25, 2015
cadno:

Bros, u sound like the " FatherOf2 " back in the day of stock market before the crash, Pls confirm

No not at all.i am locodemy not fatherof2.have a merry xmas.i am already on the enjoyment.Abeg drink responsibly as christ is the key of our celebration not food and drinks in excess.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by myjoy084: 5:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ileman: 5:47pm On Dec 25, 2015
Direct payment into investors account is a very welcome innovation. Sold some stocks on 14th of dec; and i'm yet to receive my money from my stock-broker. Futureview financial services just marred my christmas holiday. Any way God pass them
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 25, 2015
grin chai ewoo pele.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 25, 2015
undecidedpple still dey play stock market?
stock still dey pay?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MonitorinSpirit(m): 10:16pm On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Xmas. I wish u all a bearish 2016; a year of mergers & acquisitions, and a complete market crash of a crumbled economy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 11:24pm On Dec 25, 2015
PETERiCHY:

I have said it countless times if you can't swim with the shark better don't board OANDO if not na una money we go dey use 4 turnover.

Xtaday quietly disemberk @ 5:93k.
now patiently waiting @Sub N4 bcoz Brent currently at $36 per barrel is heading to $20 in a couple of weeks from now cool

*ThE OcToPuS *

Idi egwu, clap for urself for a wonderful feat on meagre profit. I pray ppl won't be carried away on this ur escapade and buy Oando admist other stable and sound stocks out there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1228) (1229) (1230) (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) ... (7775) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: handsomebolanle, SetrakusRa(m), Prolificlife(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.