Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,460 members, 7,843,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11000312 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1383) (1384) (1385) (1386) (1387) (1388) (1389) ... (7792) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 2:06pm On Mar 08, 2016
Someone needs to alert PMB o!!

How come the market no longer moves up as fast as it moved down when the Oil prices were dropping..

Brent Crude now at $41.30 yet Fidelity bank and Dangote Sugar are still snailing... angry

http://www.euroinvestor.com/exchanges/gtis-energy/brent-oil/2327059
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 2:06pm On Mar 08, 2016
ExLaidback:
Hey house!

I recently stumbled upon the results of some Insurance Companies for last year and they did rather well especially the following:-

Custodian & Allied
Law, Union & Rock
Mansard
N.E.M.
Unity Kapital
Niger Insurance

But I then went to their stock history and was disappointed. Some of them seem to have paid dividend in the recent past like Custodian, N.E.M. and Niger yet they still had poor stock price trade and history. So what gives? Please anyone who knows more about the insurance sector should help out in explaining what would seem like an enigma to a newbie like me.

Responses would be appreciated.

I honestly don't know the reason why, but on a hunch I have loaded on Mansard and NEM.

NEM's cash balance as at Q3 per share was almost equal to the SP then... then it's P/E also looks good

But I think someone mentioned that they have tight hand when it comes to dividends

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bolabiyi: 2:09pm On Mar 08, 2016
ExLaidback:
Hey house!

I recently stumbled upon the results of some Insurance Companies for last year and they did rather well especially the following:-

Custodian & Allied
Law, Union & Rock
Mansard
N.E.M.
Unity Kapital
Niger Insurance

But I then went to their stock history and was disappointed. Some of them seem to have paid dividend in the recent past like Custodian, N.E.M. and Niger yet they still had poor stock price trade and history. So what gives? Please anyone who knows more about the insurance sector should help out in explaining what would seem like an enigma to a newbie like me.

the fear of 2008 market crash is d beggining of wisdom.. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 2:14pm On Mar 08, 2016
ExLaidback:
Hey house!

Custodian & Allied
Law, Union & Rock
Mansard
N.E.M.
Unity Kapital
Niger Insurance

which of the unity Kapital?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IdrisAdebiye: 2:15pm On Mar 08, 2016
Any news on C&I LEASING?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 2:20pm On Mar 08, 2016
deleted
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 2:21pm On Mar 08, 2016
ACCESS ti lo!

ZENITH fighting back!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 2:25pm On Mar 08, 2016
feelamong:
Someone needs to alert PMB o!!

How come the market no longer moves up as fast as it moved down when the Oil prices were dropping..

Brent Crude now at $41.30 yet Fidelity bank and Dangote Sugar are still snailing... angry

http://www.euroinvestor.com/exchanges/gtis-energy/brent-oil/2327059

When the crude oil price was falling the market witnessed huge capital flight as foreign investors left in droves thereby causing sharp drop in prices. Now that the price is coming up, it will take time for the market to FULLY recover and gradual return of foreign capital into it...Another factor is that institutional investors are very selective in the stocks they invest in. They are playing safe by putting their money in defensive stocks and other stocks guaranteed of short term benefit i.e.profit taking as the funds being traded with mostly are short term. In effect, its until the big investors return before we will begin to see any significant changes in the market.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:33pm On Mar 08, 2016
No results today ..tomorrow is another day
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 2:35pm On Mar 08, 2016
Jijo vitafoam @ 4.01 jo @ 4.29. I really want to appreciate uba making happy..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 2:35pm On Mar 08, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by betcindy: 2:36pm On Mar 08, 2016
short term investors should closely monitor fidelity and sterling for capital appreciation. What do u think
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 2:36pm On Mar 08, 2016
lancee:
today is not yet over!! Till 4pm nse...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 2:38pm On Mar 08, 2016
megainvest:
ACCESS ti lo!

ZENITH fighting back!
zenith bank will soon release profit warning!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:42pm On Mar 08, 2016
ufotty2001:
today is not yet over!! Till 4pm nse...

Aiight sir

wetin uba and cbn dey finalize since last week
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jarkbauer: 2:43pm On Mar 08, 2016
cilEASING
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 2:45pm On Mar 08, 2016
newdada:
Why is Afriprud loosing? Aren't people interested in the dividend pay anymore?

A stock does not continue in an upward trajectory until it reaches it's final destination (so to speak). There are "bus stops" along the way which might determine if the stock continues the upward movement or reverses. Along the way, support prices are established and resistant prices need to be broken.
For example, check the price movement of Tigerbrand, Seplat and Afriprud. They all stopped, retraced a little to establish a support and then continued. If the factors responsible for the bullish price movement ain't strong enough, the retracement might be significant and recovery might take longer.
So Afriprud will not continue gaining until the closure date. Mba..... no be so. have no idea of where it's headed either.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by iyb(m): 2:46pm On Mar 08, 2016
access bank grin how i wished i bought more of you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 2:46pm On Mar 08, 2016
WAPCO has taken off...Nestle still warming up..Every investment was a hit back-to-back... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 2:47pm On Mar 08, 2016
lancee:

Results can still come in after closure of trading.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 2:55pm On Mar 08, 2016
ufotty2001:
U wan kill people ni!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 2:58pm On Mar 08, 2016
lancee:

Aiight sir

wetin uba and cbn dey finalize since last week
I wonder, cbn should be fast!!! Because I need to sell off uba when it get to my Junction and enter another good bus!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 2:59pm On Mar 08, 2016
maishai:

U wan kill people ni!!!!!
am joking ooohhh
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 3:02pm On Mar 08, 2016
ufotty2001:

Pls dont remove my oxygen, I am already in ICU... grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 3:04pm On Mar 08, 2016
Intendy:
will afriprud break its 52-wks high of N3,35k set on 11th March 2015 tomorrow?
still watching this space.
its like #3.35 is a strong resistance for apr.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 3:09pm On Mar 08, 2016
Zenith bank has failed me again...Such a huge disappointment.
#jokeofthemonth cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 3:16pm On Mar 08, 2016
jarkbauer:
cilEASING
Any news? I can see the volume spike. Did they pay dividend last year?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 3:18pm On Mar 08, 2016
NuttyChoky:
Make una leave PETERICHY alone abeg...

There always needs to be that pessimist in the room... at least to make us second guess and confirm our calculations...

Meanwhile e be like say my bet on FIDELITYBNK wan pay off grin grin grin grin
wat is ur bet on fidelitubnk? i just bought some units today
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 3:19pm On Mar 08, 2016
Born2berich:
Zenith bank has failed me again...Such a huge disappointment.
#jokeofthemonth cheesy
let's strike a deal.let me pay you 40k dividend on your zenith shares since we need to celebrate next Tuesday and I'll get whatever they share when distributed to you.
I bear the risk if its below 40k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 3:32pm On Mar 08, 2016
ufotty2001:
I wonder, cbn should be fast!!! Because I need to sell off uba when it get to my Junction and enter another good bus!!!

Won't be good for uba to start falling again , atleast we don pass the stage of profit warning

Access , zenith , gtb ..have to pass that stage first grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 3:46pm On Mar 08, 2016
ufotty2001:

I don sell my UBA today... I am not greedy afterall (although I bought at N2.X) grin grin grin

Let me look for the next stock to enter for earnings season
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 3:48pm On Mar 08, 2016
veecovee:
wat is ur bet on fidelitubnk? i just bought some units today

Expecting FY div to come in at N0.15K

(1) (2) (3) ... (1383) (1384) (1385) (1386) (1387) (1388) (1389) ... (7792) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.