Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10940676 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1384) (1385) (1386) (1387) (1388) (1389) (1390) ... (7772) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 3:51pm On Mar 08, 2016
IdrisAdebiye:
Any news on C&I LEASING?

Were the trades crossed or units on offer were mopped up? Was monitoring from my mobile so I couldn't check the bid/offer status. Anyone with this info? Not a recommendation to make any move just general NSE oversight function grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 4:00pm On Mar 08, 2016
lancee:

Won't be good for uba to start falling again , atleast we don pass the stage of profit warning

Access , zenith , gtb ..have to pass that stage first grin

as them finish the meeting no profit warning.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 4:05pm On Mar 08, 2016
NuttyChoky:

Expecting FY div to come in at N0.15K

What are you doing here? Impairment all around this stock. But what do I know sef. Naija banks have a way of rescheduling loans facilities. I discussed with someone recently who said the figures are not looking promising. I dont have the stock in my portfolio and I dont intend buying now or in the immediate future.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 08, 2016
rebekah2011:

What are you doing here? Impairment all around this stock. But what do I know sef. Naija banks have a way of rescheduling loans facilities. I discussed with someone recently who said the figures are not looking promising. I dont have the stock in my portfolio and I dont intend buying now or in the immediate future.

If so.....kai......speed on my legs o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 08, 2016
locodemy:

If so.....kai......speed on my legs o

Everything is just speculation.
Remember they have a new MD who may want to prove a point.

I also spoke to a senior person there who told me the earning up to Dec is good but cannot assure me of the level of loan provision. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Remember they are not so exposed to oil loans as other banks.

The only reason I don't play this banmk yet is cos of their very large OS. The price doesn't move so fast even when good news strike.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 08, 2016
Uba currently in doing me proud.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 4:32pm On Mar 08, 2016
mercylicious:
Uba currently in doing me proud.
same here... how i wish i loaded enuf...... will it reach 5N
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cadno(m): 4:34pm On Mar 08, 2016
NuttyChoky:

I don sell my UBA today... I am not greedy afterall (although I bought at N2.X) grin grin grin

Let me look for the next stock to enter for earnings season
Too earlier naaa, when results is being awaited...haba, don't come here to cry when it hits N5

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 4:43pm On Mar 08, 2016
cadno:

Too earlier naaa, when results is being awaited...haba, don't come here to cry when it hits N5
it is too early for him to sell... Don't come here and cry when it get to our Junction..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 4:48pm On Mar 08, 2016
[http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-08/ill-go-full-power-if-theres-no-agreement-kuwait-breaks-opec-production-freeze]

According to Reuters, Kuwait's oil minister said on Tuesday that his country's participation in an output freeze would require all major oil producers, including Iran, to be on board.

"I'll go full power if there's no agreement. Every barrel I produce I'll sell," Anas al-Saleh told reporters in Kuwait City. And since Iran has made it very, very clear it will not join the production freeze at its current mothballed output, and will need at least 9-12 months before it regains its pre-embargo capacity levels, one can forget about a production freeze well into 2017 if not for ever since by then at least one if not more OPEC members will be bankrupt.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 4:50pm On Mar 08, 2016
[http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-08/oil-fundamentals-could-cause-oil-prices-fall-fast]

Oil prices should fall, possibly hard, in coming weeks. That is because fundamentals do not support the present price.

Prices should fall to around $30 once the empty nature of an OPEC-plus-Russia production freeze is understood.

A return to the grim reality of over-supply and the weakness of the world economy could push prices well into the $20s.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 4:52pm On Mar 08, 2016
[http://www.punchng.com/nigerian-economy-in-recession-says-agbakoba/]

A former President of the Nigerian Bar Association, Dr. Olisa Agbakoba (SAN), says the country’s economy has slid into recession due to what he termed as the strict monetary policy of the President Muhammadu Buhari’s government.

Agbakoba lamented that although the government was recovering looted funds through its anti-graft war, the funds were not being pumped into developmental projects. He said the funds were being hoarded.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 5:01pm On Mar 08, 2016
you are welcome again.
go and get more anti oil news.
See people making money .
if oil reverses bk to sub 25-30 many have witnessed it here,its going to be another jolly ride from there

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 5:03pm On Mar 08, 2016
@peter try buy some oando @4.02 to recover your loses. safe haven and make sure you have a very long term. if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen I laugh in pidgin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebony9ja(m): 5:19pm On Mar 08, 2016
NuttyChoky:

Expecting FY div to come in at N0.15K

i expect 20k. That is if the MD fulfill his promise of increasing dividend payout ratio to 50% of PAT..

DD is necessary as usual !
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 5:32pm On Mar 08, 2016
Intendy:

let's strike a deal.let me pay you 40k dividend on your zenith shares since we need to celebrate next Tuesday and I'll get whatever they share when distributed to you.
I bear the risk if its below 40k
Make it N1.50 and you got a deal. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 5:37pm On Mar 08, 2016
Born2berich:
Make it N1.50 and you got a deal. smiley
then let us keep waiting together.
ole so you don't want to pay for time
u no know say na parallel market be this

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 5:53pm On Mar 08, 2016
Intendy:

then let us keep waiting together.
ole so you don't want to pay for time
u no know say na parallel market be this
Hahaha, you no happy say i no even call N1.70 for you. tongue
But N1.50 is a good deal for the current price of zenith na? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 5:54pm On Mar 08, 2016
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-last-time-oil-futures-rallied-like-this-it-didnt-end-well-for-the-bulls-2016-03-07

A sharp rebound by oil futures is lending hope to bulls who have been waiting for the commodity to bottom out after months of losses.

But for strategists at Morgan Stanley, the rebound oil has enjoyed since early February bears an uncanny resemblance to a rally seen in the second quarter of 2015 that ultimately faltered.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 6:20pm On Mar 08, 2016
ufotty2001:
it is too early for him to sell... Don't come here and cry when it get to our Junction..

I have set a investment threshold... I'm not too greedy... Once I hit my set premium, I exit... I have exited AFRIPRUD, TIGERBRANDS and now UBA...

Waiting for the rest...

After earnings season I put my money in bonds or Afriprud... Shikena

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 6:21pm On Mar 08, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 6:31pm On Mar 08, 2016
DeRuggedProf:

SEC Should partner very closely with EFCC.... undecided
very funny. but this is in the hand of shareholders
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 6:33pm On Mar 08, 2016
NuttyChoky:

I have set a investment threshold... I'm not too greedy... Once I hit my set premium, I exit... I have exited AFRIPRUD, TIGERBRANDS and now UBA...

Waiting for the rest...

nice one you'll only lose some profit but not all

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sobrit(m): 7:20pm On Mar 08, 2016
Once you see this thread bullish, know the market is bullish *NOOCTOPUS#
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 7:39pm On Mar 08, 2016
NuttyChoky:

Waiting for the rest...

Too early to exit AFRIPRUD and UBA sir grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 7:43pm On Mar 08, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 8:02pm On Mar 08, 2016
NuttyChoky:

I honestly don't know the reason why, but on a hunch I have loaded on Mansard and NEM.

NEM's cash balance as at Q3 per share was almost equal to the SP then... then it's P/E also looks good

But I think someone mentioned that they have tight hand when it comes to dividends

Infact I think I bought over 90% of the Mansard shares sold today. Also shortlisted NEM. It has the overall best fundamentals of the lot. We are thinking alike on this but I really need to know what gives.

Actually Mansard being a relatively new company on the NSE has never paid dividend if I'm not mistaken. NEM has however paid at some points in the past. Mansard chose not to pay dividend for 2014, because they were embarking on IT infrastructure upgrade and they acquired another firm. Can't say same for this year.

NEM has paid dividend a number of times in the past, so I'd say they are both good buys. The Insurance subsector can be a little tricky though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 8:05pm On Mar 08, 2016
Godisfaithful:

Too early to exit AFRIPRUD and UBA sir grin

He said he set his threshold from which he's made his profit. You maa, set your own na and leave him with his. People sef...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 8:13pm On Mar 08, 2016
bolabiyi:
the fear of 2008 market crash is d beggining of wisdom.. grin

2008 Market crash! Haba na
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 8:16pm On Mar 08, 2016
Intendy:

which of the unity Kapital?

I know only one, what can you say about them?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 08, 2016
DeRuggedProf:

SEC Should partner very closely with EFCC.... undecided

Not really. Computer warehouse is a company I worked closely with. They were one of the first indigenous coys that sold IT to coys like banks. They have 3 arms- Cwg, expert edge and DCC. Their major problem is competition. They are slow to changes that will keep them ahead of their competitors.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 9:34pm On Mar 08, 2016
mercylicious:

Not really. Computer warehouse is a company I worked closely with. They were one of the first indigenous coys that sold IT to coys like banks. They have 3 arms- Cwg, expert edge and DCC. Their major problem is competition. They are slow to changes that will keep them ahead of their competitors.

Then they are operating under the right regime.... grin grin grin. FG will soon identify with them... grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1384) (1385) (1386) (1387) (1388) (1389) (1390) ... (7772) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Iamblessed85, Good2go1, unite4real and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.