Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,551 members, 7,861,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:36 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1467) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11073416 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) (1469) (1470) ... (7817) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 11:39am On Mar 30, 2016
leo1234:

What does this mean please?
I thought the bank is gradually picking up

They had over 80 billion shares I think and its share price was at 50k. They did a 1 for 10 share reconstruction, leaving them with about 8+ billion shares. If you had 5000 units before at 50k, you will now have 500 units at #5. However, it has been come down to around 70k now, implying that each of your old shares before reconstruction is now worth about 7k

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dragonking2: 11:43am On Mar 30, 2016
https://www.today.ng/news/national/99298/buhari-wont-sign-budget-unless-nassembly-provides-details

And the real cluelessness continues..hard times are here even in the stock market. the federal govt is busy playing makosa while d economy is a disaster. Expect the stock market to tank further
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 11:46am On Mar 30, 2016
Manonamission:

Notin o ji e. Same thing wrong with UBA, Afriprud, GT and what will befall UCAP after markdown. Investors often sell off after qualifying for dividends.

Market trend can reverse anytime though.

Not really... I personally have doubts about the quality of their loan books and the level of provisioning in 2015 accounts
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by omoharry(f): 11:47am On Mar 30, 2016
ufotty2001:
DIAMOND BANK HEADING TO 1.09... BUT GENERALLY ALL SHARES ARE ALL DROPING DOWN.. grin grin grin grin
Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:53am On Mar 30, 2016
Manonamission:

Can you make a comparism between the return on investment for Zenith bank and Dangote cement? Mind you, ROI is not the only factor considered.
Understand and respect sectorial attributes. Ever wondered why PE in the financially services sector is always lower than other sectors?

My Brother in an Unpredictable Market like ours, the first and major Factor to consider in investing is ROI.

Remember Oando with all their fantastic results some years ago.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 11:59am On Mar 30, 2016
what is wrong with morgan..please can someone tell me the price of energy insurance , tantalizer and costain...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:04pm On Mar 30, 2016
Manonamission:

Notin o ji e. Same thing wrong with UBA, Afriprud, GT and what will befall UCAP after markdown. Investors often sell off after qualifying for dividends.

Market trend can reverse anytime though.

best to sell before closure for short term players ! IMO (cash in 10 - 20% after fees)
else its a liquidity trap cause of d rush for the exit pre closure date & post closure.
your patience will be tested with capital tied up pending supposed div payments
we keep learning
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 12:12pm On Mar 30, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2016
22 Bad Trading Habits
What is one of your bad trading habits that causes you to lose money?

1)Underestimating the possibility of volatility expansion at times and taking too big a position size.
2)Overly optimistic that the market will trend well… only to reverse.
3)Averaging in on losing positions.
4)Not studying more.
5)Not following the trend and trying to predict the top or bottom.
6)Following other’s trades.
7)Deviating from positive expectancy models.
cool“Fighting” back instead of taking the loss/killing a bad trade (bad trade = against the plan)…
9)Trading too large for my account size.
10)Overtrading.
11)Starting the day “looking” for something to trade like a trading addict.
12)Wishful thinking for big profits.
13)Taking trades that aren’t “my” trades.
14)Focusing on returns instead of risk-adjusted returns.
15)Closing trades too soon.
16)Not being consistent in daily activity but being inconsistent is not something I do consistently.
17)Going all in.
18)Probably tweaking my strategy too much during drawdowns.
19)Moving my stop up too quickly.
20)Not being patient.
21)Feeling like I have to do something.
22)All of the above.

culled: http://www.newtraderu.com/2016/03/29/20-bad-trading-habits/

Disclosure: Thot to share , I'm guilty of many here.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 12:24pm On Mar 30, 2016
Manonamission:
Why is FCMB on bid? Could the result be better than feared?
I am no longer moved by those bull traps.
The funny thing is that even if FCMB declare 20% dividend @ current price the share price will still go down.
NSE is no longer interesting

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 12:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
Manonamission:

I agree...just that the surprises have largely, been uninspiring.
The surprises are beyond DD
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2016
leo1234:

The funny thing is that even if FCMB declare 20% dividend @ current price the share price will still go down.
IF U ARE WAITING FOR DIVIDEND THE REVERSE WILL BE THE CASE BUT WAIT FOR CAPITAL APPRECIATIONS,,,, grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gbolah4real: 12:31pm On Mar 30, 2016
leo1234:

What a shame I thought you were one of those fcmb guys fighting that it will go up to the moon cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 12:38pm On Mar 30, 2016
gbolah4real:

What a shame I thought you were one of those fcmb guys fighting that it will go up to the moon cheesy

What is there to be ashamed of?
Its like you have not been following the trend recently.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 12:39pm On Mar 30, 2016
NSE has been here since 1960.

When you are making money, you will find it interesting. When you are not making money you will not find it interesting.
It has been like that since 1960!

As long as people will keep making >100% on NSE while others keep losing 99.99%, NSE will remain.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by goodyr: 12:43pm On Mar 30, 2016
goodyr:
what's wrong with zenith
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gbolah4real: 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2016
#moontinz grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 12:45pm On Mar 30, 2016
goodyr:
what's wrong with zenith

Opportunity is being created!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 12:50pm On Mar 30, 2016
megainvest:

Opportunity is being created!

People should trade with caution for now grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 12:59pm On Mar 30, 2016
megainvest:
NSE has been here since 1960.

When you are making money, you will find it interesting. When you are not making money you will not find it interesting.
It has been like that since 1960!

As long as people will keep making >100% on NSE while others keep losing 99.99%, NSE will remain.
Our noble NSE can be likened to Nigerian public universities,many persons got admission last year,many persons will gain admission this year!

So many persons just graduated this year,so many persons will also graduate next year!

Some persons dropped out last year,some people will drop out next year!

NSE is just like barracks, soldiers go and soldiers come;barracks can never be empty!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 1:03pm On Mar 30, 2016
Fire for fire on FBNH! now N3 grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 1:09pm On Mar 30, 2016
FCMB GROUP PLC AUDITED FINANCIAL STATEMENTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2015
GROSS EARNINGS: N152.5BILLION
PROFIT BEFORE TAX: N7.8BILLION
TAXATION: (N3.0BILLION)
PROFIT AFTER TAX: N4.8BILLION
PROPOSED DIVIDEND:10 kobo PER SHARE”
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 1:11pm On Mar 30, 2016
Nascon Allied Industries Plc 2015 audited financial statements as at 31 December 2015
Revenue N16.178b
Cost of sales (N11.819b)
Gross profit N4.359b
Other income N0.170b
Expenses (N1.511b)
Profit Before Tax N3.018b
Tax (N0.912b)
Profit after Tax N2.106b
Proposed dividend: 55k per share
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 30, 2016
Godisfaithful:

People should trade with caution for now grin

Fidelity doest want to crash so DT I can enter.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 30, 2016
Fcmb currently retracing.
Hehehe.

Uba finally taking a bow.
Heheheheh.
embarassed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by peptola: 1:17pm On Mar 30, 2016
Please by Friday if not tomorrow we will see an abrupt turn around in some stocks like Zenith, and others. like @Megainvest has rightfully said opportunity is presenting itself wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 1:23pm On Mar 30, 2016
peptola:
Please by Friday if not tomorrow we will see an abrupt turn around in some stocks like Zenith, and others. like @Megainvest has rightfully said opportunity is presenting itself wink

... Not a buy or sell recommendation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by tunene66: 1:33pm On Mar 30, 2016
[quote author=spinoff post=44241521][/quote]

Wonderful and inspiring
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 1:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
megainvest:

... Not a buy or sell recommendation.

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 1:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
ufotty2001:
what is wrong with morgan..please can someone tell me the price of energy insurance , tantalizer and costain...

cheesy
Bros, I hope you're joking sha
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tjohn1(m): 1:44pm On Mar 30, 2016
chillykelly86:

cheesy
Bros, I hope you're joking sha

No he is not. Morgan is not working for me too. angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 1:44pm On Mar 30, 2016
peptola:

You're not going to see any significant turn around in Zenith bank YET. At least not this week. FBNH can still go either way. I suspect there'll be brief respite for both stocks, yes, but they are still going DOWN. I remember stating the path UCAP was going to take in it's last trading days before it's Ex-div, which it did. The market needs more than just new 52 week lows to stage an effective turn around. Emphasis on 'effective'

But this is just my call (more of speculation). We will see what the market has to say. wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) (1469) (1470) ... (7817) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: IamR, David6956, owolabi5, Streetinvestor2 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.