Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,723 members, 7,851,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:16 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11033143 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) ... (7804) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:08am On Apr 01, 2016
zenith inverted hammer
possible reversal
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 1:49am On Apr 01, 2016
fxuser:
zenith inverted hammer
possible reversal

Zenith is one of the stock to watch out for grin. Zenith, Zenith... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 3:26am On Apr 01, 2016
soloniger:
abeg how de track dem

Good question.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 6:08am On Apr 01, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 6:09am On Apr 01, 2016
otokx:

Good question.
please answer him.. We are here to learn and also help each other...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 6:28am On Apr 01, 2016
mercylicious:
We just de do kalo kalo for NSE.
Most of the results we see are not true. The board and d mgt decides how much they want to declare. Some can make hug money and declare less, some can make small and declare big, then reduce the payout. Don't forget the financial engineering by cots.
It is only a gullible person that will doubt this! Everything is possible in this country! Most of the loan impairments and profit warnings may be fake,they are just means to take advantage of the shareholders.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 6:35am On Apr 01, 2016
manie:

That is why what I use in authenticating any result is the dividend declared and paid, mind you some companies used to take bank loans in order to pay dividend.
That's the reason I always follow the dividend!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 6:48am On Apr 01, 2016
mercylicious:
We just de do kalo kalo for NSE.
Most of the results we see are not true. The board and d mgt decides how much they want to declare. Some can make hug money and declare less, some can make small and declare big, then reduce the payout. Don't forget the financial engineering by coys.

Nah... If you do it right, there is no kalo kalo (Ex Big 4 Auditor here - so I'm not unfamiliar with some coys results)

The most important thing to bear in mind is to have a HUGE margin of safety (MOS)... such that even if the worst happens (Bankruptcy), you should get something at a shareholder.

One of my Margin of Safety Criteria is that except a company has good management (e.g. GT Bank) I do not buy & hold their stock if it trades at more than 2x book value (Only AFRIPRUD is this criteria for now because of their business model and balance sheet).

This makes sense to me when Coys like Diamon Bank (1 million mobile app users) are trading at 0.1x and FCMB at 0.09x book value.

You will only run into problems when you buy inflated valuations. (PS: I am an income investor - every other methodology na counterfeit)

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 7:19am On Apr 01, 2016
Banking business is very lucrative in Nigeria! From my own perspective,banks that don't give at least 10% dividend yield have bad management!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 7:37am On Apr 01, 2016
Happy new month and key payment month
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 8:02am On Apr 01, 2016
PETERiCHY:
https://www.nairaland.com/3021850/power-generation-crumbles-0mw-hours

Lets keep enjoying the CHANGE smiley

There has been a great improvement of light despite the above, lots of people in Port Harcourt can testify.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 01, 2016
NuttyChoky:

I bought in A LOT at N0.77K cum div ... so my holding period is FOREVER!!! grin grin grin grin

Don't forget the downgrade in their risk asset projections from 9% to 5%... I'm selling soon after I grab the divx
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 8:29am On Apr 01, 2016
otokx:

There has been a great improvement of light despite the above, lots of people in Port Harcourt can testify.
am in port Harcourt I can't join you to testify any thing... U are on your own.. No light in the entire port Harcourt.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by willyede(m): 9:06am On Apr 01, 2016
ufotty2001:
am in port Harcourt I can't join you to testify any thing... U are on your own.. No light in the entire port Harcourt.
Same here in Abuja no light no fuel to even buy...... Things aint working but God will help us and it is well with nigeria#Godblessnigeria
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 9:19am On Apr 01, 2016
pls someone tell me, did fbnh issue profit warning?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RedCapChief(m): 9:23am On Apr 01, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sirflav: 9:24am On Apr 01, 2016
willyede:

Same here in Abuja no light no fuel to even buy...... Things aint working but God will help us and it is well with nigeria#Godblessnigeria
Sir may God also bless you for your patience and positive attitude with Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by alajimeche: 9:30am On Apr 01, 2016
RedCapChief:

Yes
Something doesn't seem right with FBNH.that bank is currently under the spell of cowboys and manipulator . It's high time the CBN shine it's touch light on this hyatus.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 9:31am On Apr 01, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:51am On Apr 01, 2016
From FBN
Accounts for the year ended 32 December 2015, it is expected that earnings will be materially below that of the prior year. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:58am On Apr 01, 2016
FBN Holdings boosts profit by 17.3% in 2014, proposes 10k dividend, 1 for 10 bonus

What will FBNH pay as dividend for 2015
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 10:03am On Apr 01, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:
From FBN
Accounts for the year ended 32 December 2015, it is expected that earnings will be materially below that of the prior year. grin grin grin

december 32... na wahalloooooooooooooo grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:09am On Apr 01, 2016
ufotty2001:
december 32... na wahalloooooooooooooo grin grin grin

Sorry jare, i Just dey vex for this banks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 10:11am On Apr 01, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 10:15am On Apr 01, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Sorry jare, i Just dey vex for this banks.

FBHN not done anything wrong now... they will issue both dividend and bonus.. just watch and see grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 10:22am On Apr 01, 2016
please when will diamond bank release their results sad sad sad
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 10:23am On Apr 01, 2016
FBNH currently have a net bid of ~12m.
Just maybe have woken up from their deep aslumber (my opinion though)

No explicit/implicit recommendation intended
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 10:29am On Apr 01, 2016
ufotty2001:

Uniport has light, Choba has light, Aluu has light, Alakahia has light, Mgbuoba has light, Mercyland area has light,

Do you want more reference suburbs?

It appears there is some grand design to paint Nigeria black but there is hope. Gradually things will get better and it starts from you and me.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 10:29am On Apr 01, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 10:30am On Apr 01, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 10:35am On Apr 01, 2016
ufotty2001:
FBHN not done anything wrong now... they will issue both dividend and bonus.. just watch and see grin grin grin

There was a time, I guess in 2001 after the Nitel acquisition debacle by IILLtd investors that GTBank was scheming to buy into First Bank. Fastrack to 2016, in terms of sound management and profitability, GTBank is a class apart from First bank. An analysis of the two banks over the period should point a serious investor to where one should put in his hard earned money. Not a recommendation to buy. I hold both stocks

(1) (2) (3) ... (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) ... (7804) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Willie2015, Heishere, chillykelly86(m), Palomadove, SonofElElyonRet and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.