Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10843029 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1481) (1482) (1483) (1484) (1485) (1486) (1487) ... (7740) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 5:06pm On Apr 04, 2016
FCMB doing great today.

FCMB should try hit 1N tomorrow, one big advantage of Penny stocks.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 5:18pm On Apr 04, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 5:44pm On Apr 04, 2016
Mfunkynation:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/13164_AIICO_INSURANCE_-_2015_AUDITED_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_APRIL_2016.pdf
5 kobo dividend
why NSE behaving like this
aiico,m$b with contisure were with them on Friday.
and just uploading aiico now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 5:47pm On Apr 04, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 5:53pm On Apr 04, 2016
Fidelity Bank Plc dividend 16 Kobo
bonus Nil
closure 18 th – 22 nd April 2016
agm date 5 th May, 2016
payment date 5 th May, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kaboninc(m): 6:06pm On Apr 04, 2016
Hi Guys,

I'm in need of Equity Assurance Plc shares in very large quantity - from 1 million units and above.

If you have below 1 million units, depending on the location of the shares and the logistics, then we might deal.

Take this offer and opportunity of a life time to offload and cash in.

Please call me on 08166621418.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 6:30pm On Apr 04, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 7:02pm On Apr 04, 2016
The banks ought to have done due diligence with regards to loan issue.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kaboninc(m): 7:40pm On Apr 04, 2016
Intendy:

http://nairametrics.com/fidelity-bank-confirms-its-113-million-to-oando-is-about-to-go-bad/

Now this is a very bad news and capable of sending shivers across the banking sector, across the oil sector and across the economy at large.

3.7% of total loans and about 15% of Energy Sector loans? Well we just know about Oando. What of other companies? What's the exposure?

These are the fundamental issues we should be talking about. The banks are readily available to give out loan to the oil companies even when the uncertainty is just very high. Is it that they failed to do their due diligence?

Results like these dampen the minds and moods of investors. So we invest, the bankers use our money to fly first class and wear designer suits and live in posh homes, yet still put our money into very risky ventures?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 8:15pm On Apr 04, 2016
kaboninc:
Hi Guys,

I'm in need of Equity Assurance Plc shares in very large quantity - from 1 million units and above.

If you have below 1 million units, depending on the location of the shares and the logistics, then we might deal.

https://www.nairaland.com/3026003/500000-units-equity-assurance-sales

I'm having over 500,000 units of Equity Assurance in my cscs acct for sales. Any interested person can reach me on this number. 07061385206.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 8:21pm On Apr 04, 2016
kaboninc:

Now this is a very bad news and capable of sending shivers across the banking sector, across the oil sector and across the economy at large.

3.7% of total loans and about 15% of Energy Sector loans? Well we just know about Oando. What of other companies? What's the exposure?

These are the fundamental issues we should be talking about. The banks are readily available to give out loan to the oil companies even when the uncertainty is just very high. Is it that they failed to do their due diligence?

Results like these dampen the minds and moods of investors. So we invest, the bankers use our money to fly first class and wear designer suits and live in posh homes, yet still put our money into very risky ventures?

This is not news to those who have been following developments right from when the crude oil price shock. Yours truly have also raised awareness on this forum to prepare the minds of people of what lies ahead.

This is my fear also for FBNH. I expect the value of loans in such similar category to be far higher than what fidelity has reported. This is because judging by the deep involvement of the former in oil and gas deals as lender with the biggest tickets in most of the financing arrangement, earnings is expected to go south and a swelling NPL dotting the landscape of its SFP..I can count like minimum of 3 big deals it participated in and had the highest exposure.

We are watching.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 8:35pm On Apr 04, 2016
Coolcash1:

This is not news to those who have been following developments right from when the crude oil price shock. Yours truly have also raised awareness on this forum to prepare the minds of people of what lies ahead.

This is my fear also for FBNH. I expect the value of loans in such similar category to be far higher than what fidelity has reported. This is because judging by the deep involvement of the former in oil and gas deals as lender with the biggest tickets in most of the financing arrangement, earnings is expected to go south and a swelling NPL dotting the landscape of its SFP..I can count like minimum of 3 big deals it participated in and had the highest exposure.

We are watching.

Thanks for the insight, it is not enough to keep on praying or singing " we are making money this year", we need to be informed about the fundamentals behind the stocks we are investing in and be knowledgeable about the relevant news and information about our companies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 8:53pm On Apr 04, 2016
Intendy:
Fidelity Bank Plc
dividend 16 Kobo

bonus Nil

closure 18 th – 22 nd April 2016

agm date 5 th May, 2016

payment date 5 th May, 2016
thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 8:55pm On Apr 04, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:
FCMB doing great today.

FCMB should try hit 1N tomorrow, one big advantage of Penny stocks.
penny stock is the best stock to trade on.. It is always possible for u to gain up to 100% return.. When d good news comes
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by funkymeky: 9:01pm On Apr 04, 2016
ExLaidback:

Bro, Ordinarily no problem BUT grin if I keep answering these questions on this forum it will ultimately reduce the value of the forum. Why? I'm more or less a starter who's learned a lot from the forum (I actually came to learn). I will be deceiving you if I posture as one who's learned. @Megainvest & Intendy are in a much better position to help

cry I hope you're not offended by my response though
thanks ....but its a step by step process I guess..I can still hold a little from d few u have learned ...since I can't contact megainvest... hoping for ur response
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:26pm On Apr 04, 2016
ufotty2001:
penny stock is the best stock to trade on.. It is always possible for u to gain up to 100% return.. When d good news comes

Yes o.

Penny stocks is the real deal now. And it's safer than the price stock, cos the risks is low.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:34pm On Apr 04, 2016
ufotty2001:

Yes o.

Penny stocks are the real deal now. And the are safer than the priced stock, cos the risks are low.

Imagine Nestle losing as much as 10N on floor
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 9:54pm On Apr 04, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Yes o.

Penny stocks are the real deal now. And the are safer than the priced stock, cos the risks are low.

Imagine Nestle losing as much as 10N on floor

You look at the loss in terms of percentage Nestle losing N35 is about 5% loss, but a N5.00 stock losing just 50k is a 10% loss. That means the N5 stock lost more in terms of value and percentage.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 10:06pm On Apr 04, 2016
kaboninc:
Hi Guys,

Abeg, look the way of Prestige. Abeg ...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by betcindy: 10:11pm On Apr 04, 2016
what was the closing price of ucap and number of their bid ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:18pm On Apr 04, 2016
manie:

You look at the loss in terms of percentage Nestle losing N35 is about 5% loss, buy a N5.00 stock losing just 50k is a 10% loss. That means the N5 stock lost more in terms of value and percentage.

I understand your point

Nestle (-1.43%) 10N
NB (-3.6%) 3.8N

The percentage loss in NB is more than NESTLE. But the volume loss in NESTLE will hurt any portfolio.

A 5% loss in FCMB and FBNH won't move me much. But 2.5% loss in Seplat or NESTLE will drive me crazy.

Just check the price decline in NESTLE vs FBNH from last year.

You will understand why most penny stocks are better
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kaboninc(m): 10:21pm On Apr 04, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kaboninc(m): 10:26pm On Apr 04, 2016
chillykelly86:

Abeg, look the way of Prestige. Abeg ...

Its like you were scheming to become a majority shareholder.

Lol.

I'll let you know if something comes up
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kaboninc(m): 10:31pm On Apr 04, 2016
manie:

Thanks for the insight, it is not enough to keep on praying or singing " we are making money this year", we need to be informed about the fundamentals behind the stocks we are investing in and be knowledgeable about the relevant news and information about our companies.

That has always been my position.

Not about how much was lost of gained but what led to such gains or losses.

What's their business model? These things matter.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 11:00pm On Apr 04, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

I understand your point

Nestle (-1.43%) 10N
NB (-3.6%) 3.8N

The percentage loss in NB is more than NESTLE. But the volume loss in NESTLE will hurt any portfolio.

A 5% loss in FCMB and FBNH won't move me much. But 2.5% loss in Seplat or NESTLE will drive me crazy.

why compare them from just 365days ago.
Why not 5-10 years horizon?
you go see elephant dey take Milo to gather strength

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 11:09pm On Apr 04, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

I understand your point

Nestle (-1.43%) 10N
NB (-3.6%) 3.8N

if you use the same amount to invest or trade, whether, 50 kobo or 700 naira stock, the one with the highest percentage of loss, losses much. For instance you buy first Bank at #15 * 100,000 unit of share = #1,500,000. Then with the same amount you buy Nestle #1,500 * 1,000 unit of share = #1,500,000. For the period of one year if first bank losses 80%, it's price will come down to #3 * 100,000 unit of share = #300,000, compare it with Nestle when it's losses 60% for the period of one year, it's price will go down to #600 * 1000 unit of share = #600,000.(if Nestle losses the same 80% like first Bank for the period of one year, it's price will go down to #300 * 1000 unit of share = #300,000) in conclusion percentage are all the same and matters a lot. Thanks for your understanding.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:20pm On Apr 04, 2016
ORAGBON:
Pls can you help with step by step guide how to do a dd on a particular company?
As @ExLaidback mentioned, DD basically comprises fundamental analysis, technical analysis, and sentimental analysis (if you like) which are basically what you need to be successful in stock investing. If you don't have basic knowledge on these analyses you can use Google to find materials on them. You can start from here:

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/stocks/08/due-diligence.asp

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:30pm On Apr 04, 2016
PETERiCHY:
http://www.punchng.com/fg-returns-petrol-subsidy-retains-official-pump-prices/
What a confused government angry

dragonking2:
A confused and useless govt. they say one thing today, and say another tomorow. No wonder the economy is in a shambles.

Expect the same approach for currency devaluation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:38pm On Apr 04, 2016
ufotty2001:

When the bad news come unko?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:45pm On Apr 04, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:
Yes o.

Penny stocks is the real deal now. And it's safer than the price stock, cos the risks is low.

If you invest in penny stocks expect volatility and failure. The risk is actually higher with penny stocks.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 1:52am On Apr 05, 2016
stocks hitting new 52 weeks low lafarge wapco #75,Wema bank 0.74,uac prop #4.17
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 4:03am On Apr 05, 2016
feelamong:

Brent Currently 38.77

where is the big dive?

http://www.euroinvestor.com/exchanges/gtis-energy/brent-oil/2327059

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/oil-prices-under-pressure-as-hopes-dim-for-production-cuts-2016-04-04

Oil futures ended lower in a choppy trading session Monday, dragged down by skepticism that a global agreement to freeze output levels would be reached later this month.

Major global oil producers, including both members and nonmembers of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, are scheduled to meet in Doha on April 17 to discuss a potential freezing of oil output.

West Texas Intermediate crude for May delivery CLK6, -0.64% fell for a second day, dropping $1.09, or 3%, to settle at $35.70 a barrel—its lowest level since March 3. On Friday, the U.S. benchmark fell 4%.

June Brent crude LCOM6, -0.40% the global benchmark, dropped 98 cents, or 2.5%, to end at $37.69 a barrel.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1481) (1482) (1483) (1484) (1485) (1486) (1487) ... (7740) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mills55, Utalinmou and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.