Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,214 members, 7,853,140 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:44 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1501) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11041342 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) (1504) ... (7807) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DonBillah: 5:13pm On Apr 11, 2016
ufotty2001:
if I know d price u enter I will knw what next..!!!
I bought @ 19, 12,10 ,8 , 7 and 5.80. I stop bcus I was just buying base on sentiment. I am stuck and confused.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by willyede(m): 5:34pm On Apr 11, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:
TOP LOSERS
NB:109.9 <105<-4.9
ETI: 14.8<14.07<-0.73
UBN: 5.6<5.06<-0.54
ZENITHBANK: 10.96<10.5<-0.46
BERGER: 8.95<8.52<-0.43

TOP GAINERS
FLOURMILL:20.5>21.43>0.93 wink wink grin grin grin
NASCON:7.3>7.65>0.35
ETRANZACT: 3.39>3.55>0.16
CUSTODYINS:4.05>4.15>0.1
MANSARD: 1.86>1.95>0.09
Does anybody in the house have any info about Etranzact they have been on the high of late
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 5:52pm On Apr 11, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 6:00pm On Apr 11, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 6:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
edwardaigb:
My analog stock broker just informed me that they cannot trade or transfer my stock because they are on suspension. Please how do i know if they are not up to funny game, pardon my language just that they told me this after putting pressure on them.
Help with numbers or email address of necessary bodies for verification.
Cc.
Godisfaithful,
mercillicious,
manonamission and
b&sInDLord.

pls, good people help a brother out.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 6:36pm On Apr 11, 2016
edwardaigb:

pls, good people help a brother out.
your question have been responded to before. but to buttress things up,you can contact and complain to sec via this link http://sec.gov.ng/contact-us-2/ wait for reply first before we take the next step. thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by teeboy95: 6:39pm On Apr 11, 2016
fxuser:

Was there earlier today ! You may have to call or visit their office on Ozumba !

Their office is on Ajose adigun.. and not ozumba.
I was there today and you can pick up ur dividend right there if ur account is not requiring any updates like signature verification and all..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 7:18pm On Apr 11, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 7:20pm On Apr 11, 2016
https://www.proshareng.com/news/Regulators/SEC-Publishes-e-Dividend-Mandate-Activation-Forms-of-Various-Registrars/30637

Better late than never
no more questions about e dividend mandate form.
those in need should bookmark page 1500 for reference

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 7:34pm On Apr 11, 2016
teeboy95:

I was there today and you can pick up ur dividend right there if ur account is not requiring any updates like signature verification and all..

Are you saying if someone who qualified for say Zenith Bank dividend, should walk in there now, the cheque would be ready for pickup? So soon?

Otherwise is it still possible to process ediv mandate for them? Since they've already paid the bank transfers.

I sent them a mail since last week, yet no response.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 7:47pm On Apr 11, 2016
Intendy:

your question have been responded to before. but to buttress things up,you can contact and complain to sec via this link http://sec.gov.ng/contact-us-2/ wait for reply first before we take the next step. thanks
thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 8:02pm On Apr 11, 2016
ExLaidback:

Are you saying if someone who qualified for say Zenith Bank dividend, should walk in there now, the cheque would be ready for pickup? So soon?

Otherwise is it still possible to process ediv mandate for them? Since they've already paid the bank transfers.

If you were expecting your dividend electronically and you still haven't received it just proceed to Veritas Registrars at Ajose Adeogun street, VI for pick up. Dividend warrants above a certain amount (prolly 50k) are often not sent by post for security reasons. The registrar withdraws them and keeps at their office. Owners can come with identification to claim them.
If your expected dividend is not up to this amount, you might have to wait till it drops at your postal mail box.

Yes, warrants were available for pick up as early as after completion of AGM on payment date.

Lastly, your e-dividend application will not be processed if the registrars do not have your signature specimen submitted via transfer forms from your broker or via banker's confirmation of signature. It is immaterial whether the e-dividend was uploaded by your bank or not.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by teeboy95: 8:05pm On Apr 11, 2016
ExLaidback:

Yes.
Or you can complete the e-dividend mandate process.
Your choice.
I collected my own for Veritas since I have only one stock with them (zenith)
But am processing e-dividend for other registrars
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 8:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
Aks:

I do hope your complaint was promptly sorted out. Pls share if u think there is any info that can guide us

My dividend is still outstanding, i did a mail to them online and d response came in few mins ago where i was told there is no record of my e-dividend mandate with them. I have since scanned the acknowledged copy received by their office to them while i await further response.

Apparently they have not processed my previous submitted bank confirmation from last year. They said ''no signature mandate uploaded on CSCS platform''

A quick trip to the brokers to get one signed (signed some extras and kept with broker). Estimated processing time is 2 weeks.

So will visit Veritas in 2 weeks. Hopefully CSCS signature upload would have been done so registrars can process the bank confirmation and sort out dividend .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 8:26pm On Apr 11, 2016
teeboy95:

my error . Ajose

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 8:36pm On Apr 11, 2016
All these dividend things don taya me ..they keep adding and changing every time
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 8:53pm On Apr 11, 2016
Manonamission:

If you were expecting your dividend electronically and you still haven't received it just proceed to Veritas Registrars at Ajose Adeogun street, VI for pick up. Dividend warrants above a certain amount (prolly 50k) are often not sent by post for security reasons. The registrar withdraws them and keeps at their office. Owners can come with identification to claim them.
If your expected dividend is not up to this amount, you might have to wait till it drops at your postal mail box.

Yes, warrants were available for pick up as early as after completion of AGM on payment date.

Lastly, your e-dividend application will not be processed if the registrars do not have your signature specimen submitted via transfer forms from your broker or via banker's confirmation of signature. It is immaterial whether the e-dividend was uploaded by your bank or not.

Oooh! OK. No mind me jo. Before this year I hardly used to care about dividend. It's only now I started investing in that direction so I didn't know all this. Thanks bro.

I'll go collect it, only that I don't live in Lagos. I'm somewhere in the North central, very far from Lagos. But I guess I just got to make out time if there's no other way . Thanks again.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 8:56pm On Apr 11, 2016
teeboy95:

Yes.
Or you can complete the e-dividend mandate process.
Your choice.
I collected my own for Veritas since I have only one stock with them (zenith)
But am processing e-dividend for other registrars

OK. Thanks. I'll have to contact my broker first to know the next step since I don't live in Lagos. Someone said if the cheque is above a certain amount, they wouldn't even send it by regular post
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by courage89(m): 9:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
willyede:

Does anybody in the house have any info about Etranzact they have been on the high of late

Devil is in the volumes. The stock has been moving on volumes less than 100k per day. Today, it climbed 16 kobo on only 50k volumes.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by betcindy: 9:08pm On Apr 11, 2016
Intendy:
the stock market isn't a competition ground.
no need for fast fingers
you are a mere busy body.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tolakay: 9:36pm On Apr 11, 2016
pls won't I forfeit my dividend if I sell my bank(FCMB precisely) shares now?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 9:41pm On Apr 11, 2016
betcindy:
you are a mere busy body.
thanks for this.
any more derogatory remarks to add?

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by betcindy: 9:45pm On Apr 11, 2016
Pls good investors of this forum,what was the last year dividend and bonus if @all given by uba cos i was unable to receive that of last yr and could not give acct of what they gave cos i wasnt around last year and didn't get update in my box for the last year dividend. Pls help me out cos even a dime is still important so i knw how to fight for my right.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Justcul(m): 9:52pm On Apr 11, 2016
Intendy:
https://www.proshareng.com/news/Regulators/SEC-Publishes-e-Dividend-Mandate-Activation-Forms-of-Various-Registrars/30637

Better late than never
no more questions about e dividend mandate form.
those in need should bookmark page 1500 for reference

Good work Intendy. This shows that SEC is becoming sereous with business. the forms seem almost similar for all registrars
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 2cato: 9:56pm On Apr 11, 2016
As uba declare any dividend for the year 2015
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 10:42pm On Apr 11, 2016
Raider76:

Crazy! Insurance sector is so inconsistent it confuses me.

There is no way a responsible SEC should not probe this result!!!

How did they go from PAT of N2billion as at Q3 to N713m in just three months

Without any major event happening and without any warning to shareholders Kai
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nio68(m): 11:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
NuttyChoky:

Insurance stocks are to be avoided like a plague! i remember one Oga on SMN that learnt a bitter lesson too with NEM
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jarkbauer: 12:05am On Apr 12, 2016
On e dividend. 2015 I processed e dividend mandates for all my stocks. Do I need to process new mandates this year for all of them again because of this SEC drive?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:09am On Apr 12, 2016
jarkbauer:
On e dividend. 2015 I processed e dividend mandates for all my stocks. Do I need to process new mandates this year for all of them again because of this SEC drive?

No
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 2:13am On Apr 12, 2016
NuttyChoky:

Probe ke? I jumped into the marker 4 weeks ago when money I was expecting came and hurriedly bought NEM & Mansard. THEN I went and did my DD on insurance stocks after a while and seeing how some more profitable companies were performing after declaring dividend. I realized buying them was a mistake.

I promptly sold all insurance stocks ASAP. Had to take a loss on Mansard before the nonsense of a result and dividend the gave was released. Sold NEM for roughly the same amount less commission.

Anyway, you'll find that insurance companies usually have their highest figures in the 3rd Qtr. There's always a drastic reduction in the 4th Qtr results. Some always pay dividend but it isn't fantastic.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 4:06am On Apr 12, 2016
DonBillah:
I bought @ 19, 12,10 ,8 , 7 and 5.80. I stop bcus I was just buying base on sentiment. I am stuck and confused.

While somebody will want to dispute that stock market is not one of the most organised gambling platform with the slogan of buy a fundamental sound stock with good dividend history angry

Or Firstbank is no longer a good fundamental stock

Well for the newbies below are the lay down rules for the STOCK MARKET;

1) DON'T lose money.

2) DON'T forget rule no1.

3)DON'T EVER INVEST what you can't afford to lose.

4) Your chances of pulling a successful trade is less than 5% which makes it one of the easiest avenue to lose money.

*Honestly God bears me witness that if i had to share some lamentations inbox messages im getting from those that lost huge unbelievable funds in NSE infact some of you will stop visiting this forum let alone invest in NSE.

So neglect any of the above guidelines at your own peril

*ThE OcToPuS*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:33am On Apr 12, 2016
NuttyChoky:

We have been shouting it since! It's either the Q3 result is fake or the management embezzle money. The pattern has been the same for almost 5 years

(1) (2) (3) ... (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) (1504) ... (7807) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ginalex(f), yMcy56(f), cocolacec(m), Utalinmou, poxibility, Willie2015, Mpeace(m), Megapower, sterlingD(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.