Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,214 members, 7,839,132 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1788) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10984810 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1785) (1786) (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) (1791) ... (7786) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 1:25pm On Aug 19, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 1:37pm On Aug 19, 2016
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 1:39pm On Aug 19, 2016
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 1:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 1:52pm On Aug 19, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogoo4real: 2:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
What's access current price please
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 2:23pm On Aug 19, 2016
ogoo4real:
What's access current price please
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogoo4real: 2:35pm On Aug 19, 2016
debeey87:

Thanks, I hope these access can do 10% at least for once.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
stocks with new 52 weeks low
Union bank #3.90k
aiico #0.63k
Wema #0.62k
stock with new 52 weeks high
GTB #25.25k

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by webizone(m): 3:17pm On Aug 19, 2016
omoharry:
Guys please i need advise on the best penny stock with good fundamentals..i am looking at[b] Diamond, Transcorp or FCMB[/b]..i wish to invest in just only one stock..which of these stocks should i invest in now?
I have a serious affinity towards skyebank. I could be wrong though, but can't tell.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by tonero4urch(m): 4:37pm On Aug 19, 2016
Hi Stoke brokers in the house,

I have the following shares for sale;

1) Zenith Bank- 500 shares

2) Access Bank - 300 shares

3)Dangote Flour Mills - 1000 shares

Please contact me for details.

Thank you.

My email is tonero4urch@yahoo.com or call or WhatsApp me with 07033455570 or 08185593310
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
tonero4urch:

Thank you.

My email is tonero4urch@yahoo.com or call or WhatsApp me with 07033455570 or 08185593310

All these your holdings.............are they available on the floor or certificates?

if available on the floor,pls at what price are you ready to sell each of them?who is your broker?
i will like to cross the stocks to my account at a bergain price.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cadno(m): 4:55pm On Aug 19, 2016
tonero4urch:

Thank you.

The total amount you will get is N14,600 as at todays prices. That is if u already have them in CSCS account. If Not get a stock broker to verify them for U before selling. Those are very good stocks though. But too small a quantity
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by tonero4urch(m): 5:08pm On Aug 19, 2016
cadno:

The total amount you will get is N14,600 as at todays prices. That is if u already have them in CSCS account. If Not get a stock broker to verify them for U before selling. Those are very good stocks though. But too small a quantity

I have them as certificates and I don't think they are in CSCS account yet . How can I do that? Can you help me?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by tonero4urch(m): 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
locodemy:

All these your holdings.............are they available on the floor or certificates?

if available on the floor,pls at what price are you ready to sell each of them?who is your broker?

They are still on certificates . How can I have them on the floor. I don't have any broker , I bought this stocks when I know nothing about stocks.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by tonero4urch(m): 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
locodemy:

They are still on certificates . How can I have them on the floor. I don't have any broker , I bought this stocks when I know nothing about stocks. Can you help me?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by tonero4urch(m): 5:35pm On Aug 19, 2016
How much are you bargaining for them?
locodemy:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 5:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cadno(m): 6:16pm On Aug 19, 2016
@Megainvest...this is a good read. Though only one stock for now comes to my mind...Guinness Nigeria plc.
Disclosure: I dont have any of this....looking at it closely though
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 6:34pm On Aug 19, 2016
The main key is to know how to calculate the intrinsic value of a stock,it will aid your medium term trade.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 19, 2016
megainvest:
Worth reading:

http://www.investopedia.com/advisor-network/articles/081216/four-key-principles-investing-stock/

This is good but it is a looooooong thing at NSE...........here in naija manipulators of dead stocks plenty.......so i will follow our own pattern here than investing based on those four guidelines and remain perpectually poor.thank you sir.......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 6:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
CC
megainvest
locodemy
Intendy
lancee
fxuser

My Ogas in the house can you give me the EPS for
Zenith
Access
GTB
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 7:47pm On Aug 19, 2016
From Access result,the intrinsic value of the stock is 8.99 which perfectly makes sense.Do your own calculation! grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OptimistGenius: 8:38pm On Aug 19, 2016
angelo82:
From Access result,the intrinsic value of the stock is 8.99 which perfectly makes sense.

Bros the small problem is NSE doesn't really care about intrinsic value. If it did Access, UBA, Transcorp, etc will be much higher than their current prices. I remember when I started. I finished reading countless write ups of Warren Buffet and his value investing mantra and put most of my money in stocks that were selling at far below their intrinsic value thinking I was going to "make money this year".

Most of those stocks have lost over 50% of their value. I thank God I was able to average down on some and with others I just cut my losses and moved on to fight another day. A lot of stocks I thought I was buying madly cheap in 2014 are half their price today and even considered expensive at that half-price level.

Today you find some worthless stocks selling high and some valuable stocks selling low. And if you're unlucky you get burnt very easily. Everything is just madness.

Morale of the story is: Investopedia fit teach u stock, but nobody fit teach u NSE. If you're investing, make sure you're ready to stand by your decisions even on the long term.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 9:00pm On Aug 19, 2016
OptimistGenius:

Bros the small problem is NSE doesn't really care about intrinsic value. If it did Access, UBA, Transcorp, etc will be much higher than their current prices. I remember when I started. I finished reading countless write ups of Warren Buffet and his value investing mantra and put most of my money in stocks that were selling at far below their intrinsic value thinking I was going to "make money this year".

Most of those stocks have lost over 50% of their value. I thank God I was able to average down on some and with others I just cut my losses and moved on to fight another day. A lot of stocks I thought I was buying madly cheap in 2014 are half their price today and even considered expensive at that half-price level.

Today you find some worthless stocks selling high and some valuable stocks selling low. And if you're unlucky you get burnt very easily. Everything is just madness.

Morale of the story is: Investopedia fit teach u stock, but nobody fit teach u NSE. If you're investing, make sure you're ready to stand by your decisions even on the long term.

The problem with NSE is the small dividends they pay shareholders,if they can pay more then the intrinsic value of stocks will reflect in the share price of most stocks.Imagine Glaxosmith hiding the 0.60k dividend which they will pay first week of september so that their people can mop cheap and take most of the dividend.But still its good to know intrinsic value of a fundamentally sound stock like Access as the fundamentals of the stock is still intact.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 12:50am On Aug 20, 2016
Pls wen is Zee closure or qualifyin date. Thanks
Intendy:

Closure of Register
Half-Year Ended 30 June 2016

Proposed Dividend 25 Kobo per share (Interim)

Proposed Bonus Nil

Closure Date 6th September 2016

AGM Date N/A

Payment Date 13th September 2016

AGM Venue N/A
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:24am On Aug 20, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:
CC
megainvest
locodemy
Intendy
lancee
fxuser

My Ogas in the house can you give me the EPS for
Zenith
Access
GTB

I think
Access- 161k
Zenith -1.43k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 7:58am On Aug 20, 2016
lancee:

I think
Access- 161k
Zenith -1.43k

Thanks

Wow Access got better EPS than Zenith?

It shows Access is seriously undervalued.

I have a feeling that GTB is overpriced

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 8:23am On Aug 20, 2016
Just got GTB EPS

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:48am On Aug 20, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Well, you will be required to do your e-dividend before through your your registers.

My broker periodically send me e-dividend forms incase i need to update them.
brother who is ecobank registrars?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 9:38am On Aug 20, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Thanks

Wow Access got better EPS than Zenith?

It shows Access is seriously undervalued.

I have a feeling that GTB is overpriced

All this your cheering of Access, nobody can tell me you're not comfortably smiling in the bus. grin
(to avoid calling it by that other name, the mh name, you understand grin).
Which is not disagreeing that Access, like many others, is seriously undervalued.
But regarding all the bolded, there is another extra thing called prestige.
Prestige, or whatever other name you want to call it, makes some stocks
sell at premium to their valuations, and to their peers.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:29am On Aug 20, 2016
ihedioramma:
brother who is ecobank registrars?

GTL registrars

(1) (2) (3) ... (1785) (1786) (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) (1791) ... (7786) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: floydmayweather, KarlTom, Zagee, Adinije(f), Mfunkynation(m), IPO2002, EDUECO(m), GORRET(f), Picky1, readerschairman, Amaa2019(m), Choiceguy, Mpeace(m), FreeStuffsNG, W0t0w0toman and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.