Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,367 members, 7,829,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1848) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10948532 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) (1851) ... (7776) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chunkuli: 12:58am On Oct 09, 2016
abeg let me know when the pull back is strong enough
Willie2015:

This is what I was waiting for initially... just need strong pull back for tier one banks
Access
GTB
Zenith

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mimi2015(f): 6:35am On Oct 09, 2016
zendi:

prospectiveclient@morgancapitalgroup.com

thanks for the info... i sent them a mail since yesterday but they are yet to reply me.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mimi2015(f): 6:37am On Oct 09, 2016
please is there anyone here that is based in benin city? i would have love to meet the person one on one because i stay in benin city too....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by myjoy085: 10:02am On Oct 09, 2016
mimi2015:
please is there anyone here that is based in benin city? i would have love to meet the person one on one because i stay in benin city too....

Mimi my sister, I will advise you to be very mindful of how you make your online social request because this forum is anonymous and some dubious character among us will like to take an advantage of your naivety to manipulate and dupe you of your hard earned currency. Pls exercise extremely caution in the way u conduct yourself, so to avoid telling us the stories that touch the heart.
You have written to Morgan capital? I will advise you to wait patiently for their reply and follow all their instructions. Being a young lady, I will advise you to shun any physical contact with characters you barely know too well.

It is well..

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mimi2015(f): 10:34am On Oct 09, 2016
myjoy085:

Mimi my sister, I will advise you to be very mindful of how you make your online social request because this forum is anonymous and some dubious character among us will like to take an advantage of your naivety to manipulate and dupe you of your hard earned currency. Pls exercise extremely caution in the way u conduct yourself, so to avoid telling us the stories that touch the heart.
You have written to Morgan capital? I will advise you to wait patiently for their reply and follow all their instructions. Being a young lady, I will advise you to shun any physical contact with characters you barely know too well.

It is well..

thank you so much for the advice!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 12:25pm On Oct 09, 2016
myjoy085:

It is well..
nice advice

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cadno(m): 12:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
myjoy085:

It is well..
Bros U took this from my mouth.
The way she was excited abt investing and this forum almost made me to call her attention...Nice advice Bro

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 3:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
An attempt to establish a connection between human stature and investment decision making.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-fat-and-short-investors-struggle-in-the-stock-market-2016-10-07?link=sfmw_fb
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 5:33pm On Oct 09, 2016
I really hop n prayed dat dis week wil bring gud returns to us in d haus. Hapi investi n trading 2 u
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogoo4real: 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2016
I wonder what this week holds for Oando faithfuls!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by alexo68(m): 10:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
The fundamentals for OANDO are not good, but you never know what they might spring up.Not a recommedation to buy or sell.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sirflav: 6:15am On Oct 10, 2016
NSE gives 142 companies Oct. 31 deadline on earnings report
http://thenationonlineng.net/nse-gives-142-companies-oct-31-deadline-earnings-report/

The Nation’s investigation at the weekend showed that of the 144 companies that are expected to submit their reports, only two have done so. The early filers were United Capital Limited and Infinity Trust Mortgage Bank Plc.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sirflav: 6:18am On Oct 10, 2016
cadno:

See how United capital Ucap take rush out their good Q3 result...lol
OBAGADAFFI:

Skye bank is the Oando of the banking industry. Until they settle their bad loans, noting good will come from Skye bank
Sirs you are on point
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dwizeone: 7:59am On Oct 10, 2016
mimi2015:

thanks for the info... i sent them a mail since yesterday but they are yet to reply me.
Hopefully you will get a reply today, you hardly get replies on weekends generally.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:23am On Oct 10, 2016
Proj Q3 pbt

- GTB >100bn
- Zenith >100bn
- Access > 50bn
- UBA <40bn

#imo #safeHaven
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 10:49am On Oct 10, 2016
fxuser:
Proj Q3 pbt
- GTB >100bn
- Zenith >100bn
- Access > 50bn
- UBA <40bn

#imo #safeHaven

hello chief

what informed ur opinion that UBA wld ve <40b for q3 result when it already has 32.6b PAT and 88.78b total comprehensive income as at q2?

wld appr8 if u share so i wld not be blind sided
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 10:52am On Oct 10, 2016
fxuser:
Proj Q3 pbt

- GTB >100bn
- Zenith >100bn
- Access > 50bn
- UBA <40bn

#imo #safeHaven

is this what you see the time you are sleeping? zenith and gtb are not upto 80bn .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 11:36am On Oct 10, 2016
Oga @FXUSER perhaps you're envisaging high net gain through FX transactions? But if that's the case why you go put UBA at less than N40B, they have good net FX Asset like the rest.

$$$
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:17pm On Oct 10, 2016
ExLaidback:
Oga @FXUSER perhaps you're envisaging high net gain through FX transactions? But if that's the case why you go put UBA at less than N40B, they have good net FX Asset like the rest.

$$$

- yes ur right on fx gain. if we rank fx gains, UBA will be 4th
- also with fx gains comes NPL growth too.
- its just a conservative projection ! cud be very wrong
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 12:20pm On Oct 10, 2016
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-10/nigerian-banking-industry-seen-in-full-blown-financial-crisis

I dont seem to get the full gist in this news. Is FBNH going kataput? Or it is just noisemaking as usual.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2016
rebekah2011:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-10/nigerian-banking-industry-seen-in-full-blown-financial-crisis

I dont seem to get the full gist in this news. Is FBNH going kataput? Or it is just noisemaking as usual.

Indeed, the banks are bleeding. No thanks to the harsh TSA policy of the FG. To avert looming financial and economic disaster, the CBN needs to bring back public deposits mopped away under TSA guise to strengthen the system. There is no sense in keeping the funds in JP morgan (yielding benefits to US economy) when our banks are on life-saving machine due to weak deposits. Besides, when the funds are returned it will enable the banks to play their role effectively as growth-engine and economic booster through credit mechanism. Thus, i will suggest the CBN (just like prof SOludo did) allocate at least 5-10% of our reserves to local banks for keep while the rest can be kept offshore.

My take.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 1:07pm On Oct 10, 2016
rebekah2011:

bro nothing strange in the report.my only issue is fbnh will hardly go bankrupt but it's possible.

I've been exiting most banks @ good profit.
better miss the dividend and capital appreciation than loose your cash.

when the coast isn't clear you either don't commence the journey or retract your step.

only gtb and zenith qualify now.but both are still expensive to me

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 1:09pm On Oct 10, 2016
Coolcash1:

Indeed, the banks are bleeding. No thanks to the harsh TSA policy of the FG. To avert looming financial and economic disaster, the CBN needs to bring back public deposits mopped away under TSA guise to strengthen the system. There is no sense in keeping the funds in JP morgan (yielding benefits to US economy) when our banks are on life-saving machine due to weak deposits. Besides, when the funds are returned it will enable the banks to play their role effectively as growth-engine and economic booster through credit mechanism. Thus, i will suggest the CBN (just like prof SOludo did) allocate at least 5-10% of our reserves to local banks for keep while the rest can be kept offshore.

My take.

CBN needs to do some tweaking like you've said.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:11pm On Oct 10, 2016
Moody's: Top five Nigerian banks face common credit challenges ahead

London, 10 October 2016 -- While Nigeria's five biggest banks share common credit challenges related to the slowdown in Nigeria's oil and gas dependent economy, their ability to withstand weak economic growth and volatile monetary conditions varies, Moody's Investors Service said in a report published today.

The banks -- Zenith Bank Plc (Zenith) (B1 stable, b1), Guaranty Trust Bank Plc (GTBank) (B1 stable, b1), Access Bank Plc (Access) (B1 stable, b2), United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) (B1 stable, b2) and First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FBN) (B2 negative, b3) -- have all been affected by the weakening domestic operating environment following the prolonged period of lower oil and gas prices.

The more challenging environment, coupled with Moody's view of the high likelihood of support from the Nigerian government (B1, stable), largely explains the narrow range of issuer ratings of the five banks.

"However, despite shared credit challenges, there are differences among the banks in terms of their respective abilities to withstand weak economic growth and volatile monetary conditions, which are reflected in their differing baseline credit assessments (BCAs) that range from b1 to b3," said Akin Majekodunmi, a Moody's Vice President -- Senior Analyst and co-author of the report. "Overall, Moody's views Zenith and GTBank as best placed to cope, followed by Access and UBA, and then FBN."

The publication of the peer comparison report follows Moody's announcement on 15 September that the ratings agency has assigned first-time ratings to Zenith, GTBank, UBA and FBN, which account for approximately 48% of Nigeria's banking assets.

Looking across the whole of the Nigerian banking sector, Moody's expects non-performing loans (NPLs) to increase to around 12% over the next 12 months, compared to the 5% as of December 2015 recorded in central bank data. The forecast rise in NPLs stems from lower oil prices, a weakening naira, slower GDP growth and rising inflation.

Likewise, the agency expects foreign currency deposits, which have fallen around 30% since the start of 2015, to stabilise over the next 12 to 18 months as the impact of lower oil prices and the central bank's adoption of a Treasury Single Account fades.

Moody's expects loss-absorbing capital buffers to hold steady on account of muted loan growth of around 5-10% over the next 12 to 18 months. However, as a result of this weak loan growth, net interest income and fee and commission income will remain depressed.

On the upside, Nigeria's economic potential remains strong and continues to attract investment. Depositor confidence and local currency buffers at the banks also remain robust.

The report, "Zenith, GTBank, Access, UBA and FBN -- Peer Comparison of First Tier Nigerian Banks -- Challenging Operating Conditions Ahead", is available on www.moodys.com. Moody's subscribers can access this report using the link at the end of this press release. The research is an update to the markets and does not constitute a rating action.

End Quote

Link:
https://www.moodys.com/research/Moodys-Top-five-Nigerian-banks-face-common-credit-challenges-ahead--PR_355842?WT.mc_id=AM~UmV1dGVyc05ld3NfU0JfUmF0aW5nIE5ld3NfQWxs~20161010_PR_355842

- #NothingNewHere
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 1:45pm On Oct 10, 2016
Putin Says Russia Ready to Freeze or Even Cut Output With OPEC

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-10/president-vladimir-putin-says-russia-ready-to-freeze-or-even-cut-oil-output?utm_content=business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cmpid%3D=socialflow-twitter-business

and the game continues... cheesy

Oando oya...

Brent Crude at 52.65

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 2:43pm On Oct 10, 2016
stocks with new 52 weeks low
paint and coating #0.88k
Vitafoam #2.65k
ccnn #5.70k
Guinness #79.83k
no new 52 weeks high
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 3:45pm On Oct 10, 2016
feelamong:
Putin Says Russia Ready to Freeze or Even Cut Output With OPEC

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-10/president-vladimir-putin-says-russia-ready-to-freeze-or-even-cut-oil-output?utm_content=business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cmpid%3D=socialflow-twitter-business

and the game continues... cheesy

Oando oya...

Brent Crude at 52.65

Now brent crude oil. ..$53,83

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:52pm On Oct 10, 2016
50 Customers own Nigerian bank's 5.23 Trillion, CBN . not only FBNH .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 3:56pm On Oct 10, 2016
On Thursday/Friday when UCAP may trade at it's lowest price for the next 2 months (at a likely price of N2.3x), you may want to buy. This is taking into consideration, the improving energy price situation worldwide and assuming Niger Delta Avengers will calm down at least for now.

Also most stocks that would produce good Q3 would not trade as low as they are trading now till late December or early next year i.e. you may be seeing their lowest prices for a full quarter.

This is a buy recommendation for UCAP. Yes. Please buy it let it swell. Thank you. grin grin grin
Short to mid-term traders kindly take note.

#ForecastofLife
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:20pm On Oct 10, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 4:48pm On Oct 10, 2016
Where's The $7billion Placed In 14 Banks By Soludo? Henry Boyo

https://www.nairaland.com/3398899/wheres-7billion-placed-14-banks

E Don be......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) (1851) ... (7776) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Agbalowomeri, Excellent7(m), Heishere, lasisi(m), dapix, KarlTom, aimaft, ndept, vacanci, ojesymsym, ogoo4real, ernie4life(m), faoogoke(m), emmanuelewumi(m), sterlingD(m), Emndy(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.