Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,915 members, 7,824,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10925134 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (7767) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 12:15am On Jan 03, 2014
Toluway: since last week meristem just couldn't get me Oando while I watch it appreciating at least 10% everyday. This is rather scary.

My last purchase was on 31 Dec and Meristem has always been able to execute all my madates on Oando the same day I placed them. So how come they could not get you Oando? Or are you trying to buy millions of unit like Dumexoga or 1% of Oando like oga Ucheson and co.? grin grin

Also, if you are using a limit order, it could be the cause of the delay. Remember Oando is doing Gap trading in the recent days so there is high possibility of the stock opening above your limit price. In a fast moving market like that of Oando, it is better to place market orders if you want to get the stock quickly.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 12:38am On Jan 03, 2014
immanuello: Great people on this thread,can any tell me from technical point of view the position of ubcap & afriprudential bulls as per its expensiveness whether its too late to join or move elsewhere with ubcap@2.20 do you think this can go up to #5 or #7 unlike livestock did last year from #1.48-7.45.

When there are too much appetite for a stock and the stock is doing gap trading, it can be very difficult to tell where the next resistance would be. But I don't think ubcap will get to N5 before it retraces to a new found support.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mrcali1: 12:48am On Jan 03, 2014
right now the marker is on what i call violent bull run. this defy all known market indices. the speculators are back and back big time. Guaranty is going to 40(gut feelings)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dumexoga: 1:41am On Jan 03, 2014
immanuello: Happy New year to all my ogas in d house.
oga dumexoga,do you still think japaul still has more places to go though u do say it but i turn deaf to it becos its is fundamentally weak by all parameters but well maybe fling sentiment is responsible for it movement.Though it has gone up by 8kobo please my oga dont you think joining now is already late maybe one should forget this and move to the next good stock like Dangote sugar at good entry.Goodnight oga.
It's not too late to enter now, that is, if you can see to buy. Japaul is a good stock, people were not interested in buying because it has been slow in price movement,and for the fact that the company is owing and have been declaring losses. With this privatization of refineries in the pipeline, I think japaul is not a bad one, considering the fact that they are into pipeline building and maintenance too.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by easyson: 5:31am On Jan 03, 2014
I greet una o... I have always looked for a place like dis and am glad am here... I am about to enter the market-new entry... My greatest regret was dat i didn't enter early 2013 cos i have always believed in transcorp-just dis inside feeling... Now i missed da days of 54k....i don't know if its gonna go as low as 3naira anymore... But i sincerely appreciate advise on wat to buy ve got less than half of my fg allowee-corper things
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by malontee(m): 7:25am On Jan 03, 2014
Elai147:

You can try Meristem securities. Register here www.meritrade.com. They are very good.

Thanks!

But how good Are they in NSE?
Or will you still help me with good companies in NsE with @least 50/50 percentage of lose and gain? Less will also be appericiated.

PLEASE VERYBODY IN THE HOUSE HELP ME.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 9:33am On Jan 03, 2014
Thanks Elai. I used limit order because of scandalous prices it buys stocks for me atimes. At times higher than the closing price.
That is why I started using limits o. And the limit order started it's own problems again as I also could not get Abctrans since last week.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mazumathe1st(m): 10:21am On Jan 03, 2014
mr-cali:

BY MORE OF ubcap , Skye bank
@mr call,y skye bank?Ubcap is alrdy on bid....wat do u tink abt NEm?or is it on bid too?any oga in d house can answer...tanx pals
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mrcali1: 10:35am On Jan 03, 2014
mazumathe1st:
@mr call,y skye bank?Ubcap is alrdy on bid....wat do u tink abt NEm?or is it on bid too?any oga in d house can answer...tanx pals

what do you mean by on bid?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by talk2me2: 11:26am On Jan 03, 2014
BID = DEMAND PASS SUPPLY &

OFFER = SUPPLY PASS DEMAND

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mashaun(m): 11:40am On Jan 03, 2014
mr-cali:

Oga you talk oo. You must continue to talk or Else............Abeeg Oga talk

somebody like me gave your prediction a trial,i am testifying that you are a guru.

You got it right.

But why must i buy more of unity bank shares with the stories of acquisition/merger/bail-out that is going around

Thank you Sirs/Mas
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 11:45am On Jan 03, 2014
10% today, 8% yesterday on my entire portfolio...

Why I buy only 2000 units? embarassed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 11:46am On Jan 03, 2014
immanuello: Those of you saying oando is going to #35/40/45/55/60/80 what conviction do you all have?
Personally I am not driven on emotion but on the faith that cop deal will be sealed. Besides that, after seeing the price appreciation of conoil and FO when compared wit what OANDO is set to achieve wit the sales of commercial cooking gas, cop deal etc. Rem their right issue was fully suscriped. Even if the price dances awilo b4 the copdeal il remain unwavering. The real action, analysis and projection starts after the COP deal. Pls lets push this coy to N35 it still has the strength wit all this gaps and bid. Remain blessed financially and spiritually this year. In Jesus Name
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 11:48am On Jan 03, 2014
In other news, added the public offers I bought in 2005 to 2008 to a Bloomberg Watchlist,

The RED for there no get Part 2

FCMB at 14, japaul at 3.95, fidelity at 8 FBNH at 33.... smh,

We learn everyday.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 12:00pm On Jan 03, 2014
Bloomberg really helps a lot. It changes the way you look at your portfolio cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mrcali1: 12:04pm On Jan 03, 2014
bigx: In other news, added the public offers I bought in 2005 to 2008 to a Bloomberg Watchlist,

The RED for there no get Part 2

FCMB at 14, japaul at 3.95, fidelity at 8 FBNH at 33.... smh,

We learn everyday.

HOW DID YOU ADD IT?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 12:11pm On Jan 03, 2014
mr-cali:

HOW DID YOU ADD IT?

Go to bloomberg.com, on a computer or tablet, click on watchlist,

Add all the stocks you have, buying price and quantity,

Everyday you see how much you've made at a glance,

Good for portfolio tracking
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 03, 2014
Oando on a drop..wats hapnin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 1:17pm On Jan 03, 2014
Though you are the MD of your portfolio, the basic principle is to know appropriate time to BUY and to SELL otherwise you'll burn your fingers
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 1:25pm On Jan 03, 2014
"Offloation" in progress...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 1:51pm On Jan 03, 2014
malon tee:

Thanks!

But how good Are they in NSE?
Or will you still help me with good companies in NsE with @least 50/50 percentage of lose and gain? Less will also be appericiated.

PLEASE VERYBODY IN THE HOUSE HELP ME.

There is no need to rush into stock market if you don't have a good knowledge of how it works. This is very important to avoid being discouraged and disappointed. My advice is for you to go through the various posts on this thread. It looks very uneasy but it's worth it as you will find almost everything you need to know here. Read a lot of stock investment books and get yourself prepared first. Here is a thread by stockbull where you can download some e-books.

https://www.nairaland.com/1476501/business-investment-book-directory

You have to be able to do two things to have a successful investment: picking the right company and buying at the right price. These are the two most important parts to investing in the stock market. You also need to determine if you want to be a long term investor or a speculator. Long term is usually the best and safer and if you must do speculative trading, you need to do it with your eyes widely opened as there is high possibility of losing your money. This is why you must get absolute knowledge before you test drive. Lastly, don't trade with money you cannot afford to lose.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 1:55pm On Jan 03, 2014
Toluway: Thanks Elai. I used limit order because of scandalous prices it buys stocks for me atimes. At times higher than the closing price. That is why I started using limits o. And the limit order started it's own problems again as I also could not get Abctrans since last week.

Yes, that's why I also started using limit orders but in the case of Oando's current trading system, you just have to use market order if you must get the stock to buy as quickly as you want.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Josh121(m): 2:01pm On Jan 03, 2014
Elai147:

Yes, that's why I also started using limit orders but in the case of Oando's current trading system, you just have to use market order if you must get the stock to buy as quickly as you want.

Oando retreating
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:09pm On Jan 03, 2014
LOL...Oando ,Hope Panic selling will not start ..seems some are taking profit ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 2:22pm On Jan 03, 2014
Josh121:

Oando retreating

lancee: LOL...Oando ,Hope Panic selling will not start ..seems some are taking profit ?

Okay na... Na now we wan know if na paper profit or real profit people make. Of course there will be panic selling. The stockbrokers go first sell their own first, followed by those of us with tashere units. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:34pm On Jan 03, 2014
Elai147:

Okay na... Na now we wan know if na paper profit or real profit people make. Of course there will be panic selling. The stockbrokers go first sell their own first, followed by those of us with tashere units. grin

Hmmm , have learnt not to buy high from the ogas
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 2:39pm On Jan 03, 2014
Elai147:

And time for those that missed the rally to enter for the next rally b4 a resistance prior to the copdeal consummation
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 2:44pm On Jan 03, 2014
SWG 1:
And time for those that missed the rally to enter for the next rally b4 a resistance prior to the copdeal consummation

Of course, last chance to take final positions prior to COP deal consummation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 2:49pm On Jan 03, 2014
unbelievable that www.nsepro.com domain is now suspended
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 2:51pm On Jan 03, 2014
ABCTRANS self don start gap trading. Na wa o... Already well positioned for this one. I suspect AIICO for gap trading soon. Jegede Paul self no wan hear- doing us proud. This 2014 must be a wonderful year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gosj(m): 2:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
Elai147:

Of course, last chance to take final positions prior to COP deal consummation.
Dont sell now if you truely believe in the COP deal because the next resistance/support level will always be better than your next re-entry price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mrcali1: 3:25pm On Jan 03, 2014
my broker couldnt get me UBA UBCAP GUARANTY NEM JAPAUL.........WETIN HAPPEN!

i miss cashcraft o they get my orders even when on full BID

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (7767) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sophy17(m), Whytehandy, WestPB, seyisanya(m), TradeSunMoore and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.