Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10970014 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (7781) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 11:05am On Jan 04, 2014
Meanwhile,

E be like Maga go soon Pay,

I see new Money coming into the Market to Collect

grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1574391/oando-plc-stock-price-3
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 11:08am On Jan 04, 2014
I wonder why some people invest in stocks that dey are afraid of having..oando lost only 7kobo yesterday and some people are already selling due to panic..i hope every one also observed that ubcap, afripud and even costain slowed down yesterday after an initial high..always remember dat what goes up must surely come down a little...ENJOY
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 11:09am On Jan 04, 2014
What mercylocious says was rightly confirmed.Read ahead below.

PremiumTimes
Reuben Abati said Mrs. Alison-Madueke cannot
approve the sale of the refineries.
Despite the statements of various government officials
including the Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-
Madueke, President Goodluck Jonathan has no plans to
and has not approved the sale of Nigeria’s four
refineries, presidential aide, Reuben Abati, said on
Thursday.
Mr. Abati also claimed the federal government had no
plans to privatise the refineries.
Mrs. Alison-Madueke had while speaking in an interview
with Bloomberg TV Africa in London in November said
that the refineries would be sold.
About a week after Mrs. Alison-Madueke’s interview,
Nigeria’s privatisation agency, the Bureau for Public
Enterprises, BPE, said it was working with Mrs. Alison-
Madueke’s petroleum ministry to privatise the refineries.
“We are working with the NNPC and Ministry of
Petroleum Resources on the privatisation of the four
refineries. We are just in the preliminary discussion with
them and very soon, we will make public the work plan
for the privatisation processes, including the
engagement of advisers to advise us on the transaction,”
Chigbo Anichebe, the spokesperson of the BPE said in a
statement.
“Once the work plan is fine-tuned, hopefully by the end
of the year or early January next year, the work plan as
well as the schedule will be unveiled to all stakeholders,
including the media.”
The statement by the two government officials directly
related to the privatisation has now been faulted by Mr.
Abati, who claims the president has no plan to privatise
the refineries.
Mr. Abati said this in an interview with journalists at the
Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Thursday,
Mr. Abati was reacting to the proposed strike by oil
workers, NUPENG, who threatened to embark on a
nationwide strike if the refineries are privatised. Any
strike by NUPENG would lead to scarcity of petroleum
products, and could worsen the popularity of the
Jonathan administration, which has been getting some
knocks from Nigerians over its policies.
The spokesperson said if the alleged plan to sell the
country’s refineries was the basis on which NUPENG
plans to go on strike, then there will be no dialogue by
the federal government as it had no such plans.
“Government is not going to sell any refineries. There is
no such plan and there is no presidential approval for
such,” Mr. Abati said. “Nobody, not even the minister of
petroleum has powers to sell any government property”
He added that if the proposed strike by oil workers was
founded on the allegations that government plans to sell
refineries, then they should sheath their sword.
A presidential audit of the country’s refineries led by a
former Minister of Finance, Kalu Idika Kalu, had
recommended the sale of the refineries due to
inadequate funding by government for “sub-optimal
performance.”
The four refineries, located in Warri, Kaduna and Port
Harcourt have a combined capacity of 445,000 bpd.
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo had tried to sell
off the Kaduna and Warri refineries, but the sale had
been reversed by the government of late Umaru Musa
Yar’Adua.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 11:12am On Jan 04, 2014
bigx: Meanwhile,

E be like Maga go soon Pay,

I see new Money coming into the Market to Collect

grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1574391/oando-plc-stock-price-3

I dont knw why seun took dat thread to d front page...by the time every tom dick and harry start coming into the market, na then me i go make my exit..2008 go repeat imself very soon..SMH
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 11:13am On Jan 04, 2014
NewsRescue
Reversal: Jonathan Faults Diezani, BPE; says No
Plans to Sell Nigeria’s Refineries
110EmailShare
Jan. 3, 2013
PremiumTimes
Thursday.
About a week after Mrs. Alison-Madueke’s interview,
Nigeria’s privatisation agency, the Bureau for Public
Enterprises, BPE, said it was working with Mrs. Alison-
Madueke’s petroleum ministry to privatise the refineries.
“We are working with the NNPC and Ministry of
Petroleum Resources on the privatisation of the four
refineries. We are just in the preliminary discussion with
them and very soon, we will make public the work plan
for the privatisation processes, including the
engagement of advisers to advise us on the transaction,”
Chigbo Anichebe, the spokesperson of the BPE said in a
statement.
“Once the work plan is fine-tuned, hopefully by the end
of the year or early January next year, the work plan as
well as the schedule will be unveiled to all stakeholders,
including the media.”
The statement by the two government officials directly
related to the privatisation has now been faulted by Mr.
Abati, who claims the president has no plan to privatise
the refineries.
Mr. Abati said this in an interview with journalists at the
Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Thursday,
Mr. Abati was reacting to the proposed strike by oil
workers, NUPENG, who threatened to embark on a
nationwide strike if the refineries are privatised. Any
strike by NUPENG would lead to scarcity of petroleum
products, and could worsen the popularity of the
Jonathan administration, which has been getting some
knocks from Nigerians over its policies.
The spokesperson said if the alleged plan to sell the
country’s refineries was the basis on which NUPENG
plans to go on strike, then there will be no dialogue by
the federal government as it had no such plans.
“Government is not going to sell any refineries. There is
no such plan and there is no presidential approval for
such,” Mr. Abati said. “Nobody, not even the minister of
petroleum has powers to sell any government property”
He added that if the proposed strike by oil workers was
founded on the allegations that government plans to sell
refineries, then they should sheath their sword.
A presidential audit of the country’s refineries led by a
former Minister of Finance, Kalu Idika Kalu, had
recommended the sale of the refineries due to
inadequate funding by government for “sub-optimal
performance.”
The four refineries, located in Warri, Kaduna and Port
Harcourt have a combined capacity of 445,000 bpd.
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo had tried to sell
off the Kaduna and Warri refineries, but the sale had
been reversed by the government of late Umaru Musa
Yar’Adua.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by princemolak(m): 11:17am On Jan 04, 2014
immanuello:
What mercylocious says was rightly confirmed.Read ahead below.

PremiumTimes
Thursday.
In Summary, Japaul is going back to the Car Park Soon
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 11:18am On Jan 04, 2014
@Immanuelo...it was posted yesterday on smn but i dont really think dat the news will affect japaul rally all of a sudden as the rally wasnt really initiated by the privatization deal in the first place..I might be wrong though..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 11:38am On Jan 04, 2014
Born 2 to be rich,there is nothing that push japaul oil up than sentiment based on the privatization of refineries news because there is no any going concern that japaul earnings will be robust in near term to come.I think our mercylicious babe knows this.Hi,duxomega you hv made ur loot on this,u hv profited frm d news.Japaul has gone to sokoto and will now go to its old national park,oyo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by malontee(m): 11:47am On Jan 04, 2014
Elai147:

There is no need to rush into stock market if you don't have a good knowledge of how it works. This is very important to avoid being discouraged and disappointed. My advice is for you to go through the various posts on this thread. It looks very uneasy but it's worth it as you will find almost everything you need to know here. Read a lot of stock investment books and get yourself prepared first. Here is a thread by stockbull where you can download some e-books.

https://www.nairaland.com/1476501/business-investment-book-directory

You have to be able to do two things to have a successful investment: picking the right company and buying at the right price. These are the two most important parts to investing in the stock market. You also need to determine if you want to be a long term investor or a speculator. Long term is usually the best and safer and if you must do speculative trading, you need to do it with your eyes widely opened as there is high possibility of losing your money. This is why you must get absolute knowledge before you test drive. Lastly, don't trade with money you cannot afford to lose.

Thanks I do appreciate!

Business is all about risk bearing and as a business Student I know calculated risk is what it duh!

Once again thank you and God bless you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 12:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
grin grin
Born 2be Rich:
I dont knw why seun took dat thread to d front page...by the time every tom dick and harry start coming into the market, na then me i go make my exit..2008 go repeat imself very soon..SMH

Oga B2bR, u know I hv thought of d same thing. 2 things are involved:
(1) As oga Aks once posted, most coys in d nse LACK fundamentals; na only news & sentiments d big players dey use lure pple. So, Im not surprised at Oando appearing on d front page.

(2) There is massive market sentiments. The economy appears to b robust. Cash boku eferywhere. And even folks wt N6000 sef wan put head inti NSE. But as there's a limit to d rise of d NSEASI. VERY SOON, d pigs shall start getting slaughtered. Smart guyz will exit when d ovation is loudest & re-enter wen d newbies start biting their fingers.

#fingerscrossed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 12:21pm On Jan 04, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Born 2be Rich: @Immanuelo, i would advise you always post your source of information as the statement isnt your original post in order to avoid been accused of plagarism..i knw one of the post is by iharry on smn..cheers and enjoy.

LWKMD! Seems ur loyalty to smn is unflinching. Plagiarism maka gini Where is d magistrate court? Who shall constitute d jury? Abeg, oga immanuello, source is impt jare. But, thou shall not fear, sogbo? NLanders shall not charge u wth plagiarism.

Happy new yr...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 12:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
oga moneysage thank you for bailing me out.well B2BTR,my news source is from http://newsrescue.com.i know law naa.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 1:03pm On Jan 04, 2014
Woww, See How This News Lift The Of Airline Services & Logistics Plc.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 1:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
cool grin ;DNSE MPA Index has gained 195% in d last 1yr!!!! No one us talking about this #sober. As newbies flood d market dis yr, I see this forum (NSE MPA) making gains of 1000% by year end.

Yet, our chiefest Oga Stockbull has been hiding mostly. Come back, boss. Dont wait until u reap all ur Oando loot. Speak Sir, if u can!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 2:03pm On Jan 04, 2014
please oga what is all about this Dnse mpa index.please enlighten me or tell me more about it.Also,what do you oga think about courtville stock.Thanks as i await ur reply.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
princemolak:
In Summary, Japaul is going back to the Car Park Soon

In summary, keep your eyes open if you are on japaul train.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 3:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
Pls gurus in the house, I came up with this stocks after some analysis:
Fcmb
Access
Sky
Sterling

Pls which is better for capital gain on the short term (feb) at the recent price. U‘re free to call my attention to any other good coy i overlooked. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Audacius: 4:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
immanuello: Born 2 to be rich,there is nothing that push japaul oil up than sentiment based on the privatization of refineries news because there is no any going concern that japaul earnings will be robust in near term to come.I think our mercylicious babe knows this.Hi,duxomega you hv made ur loot on this,u hv profited frm d news.Japaul has gone to sokoto and will now go to its old national park,oyo.

I can't recall the actual time, but I recall Japaul came out in 2013 to say they just made some strategic investment and do not expect returns to come in early. Something about buying new tanker barges and they hinted at long term returns.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 04, 2014
Wats d house final take on oando...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 4:39pm On Jan 04, 2014
I believe the Oando news on frontpage is paid announcement by speculators.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by princemolak(m): 4:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
datovid :
if you are a longtermer,BUY,bt for Short Term,wait till the Mid of Next week
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 4:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
Audacious you are right on that because i knew he said he would use a huge sum to buy more vessels to boost his business but yet that does not mean a solid earning expectation that can improve the profitability of the coy is on the way with jegede-management style of running his coy.Action speak volume of words i mean good result speaks louder and eloquently than jegede words.History has show that jegede's pronouncement is quiet not relied upon.My friend jegede talks alot though i like him but he hasnt get it right in turning his coy to better runned coy in such a way that shareholders would be happy or benefit alots unlike CONOIL,NESTLE,GTB,JULIUS BERGER,UACN-PROP,UACN etc.But let wait and see maybe ............jegede has got mgt prowess this year to turn d coy around.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 5:25pm On Jan 04, 2014
Remember that banking stocks are not that reliable stocks to hold on for a long time unlike defensive stocks but if you want to buy banking stocks try to get in at good entry price and you must have set you realistic comfortable exit price before mr market eat up ur gains.Note,frm d look of things my investing period this year is btw jan-june becos anything frm june when sanusi leaves office then the direction of the market will be clueless with these facts:
1.)Inflation might move up as a result big political spending becos there is nobody to stop them as sanusi is doing now with crr raising to 50% frm 12% in other to curb politicians frm sudden withdrawal of public funds that they keep with different banks for political spending for the upcoming election next year.if sanusi had not done that,polithief would have put liquidity of banks at the interbank operations in mess especially at OMO and this would have put the country economic indexes down.i cant say all i know.......

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 5:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
2.)Naira may face some problems by dropping value against major powerful currencies of the world when big political spending start after sanusi exits.you should agree with that as stronger opposition party facing the incumbent goverment so will the spending be because the incumbent govt i mean PDP govt would want to do everything within their power to win election against this strong opposition i mean APC even at the detriment of our economy.That means,more mad politicospending even with current weak ECA $3bn that cant accomodate all those reckless spending.
3.)FED TAPERING would wipe off cheap easy fund inflow into frontier & emerging mrkts and this imply too much money chasing a stock/stocks will go and prices would fall and those sentimentaly buoyed stocks would be striped naked.
Take this little frm me for now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Audacius: 6:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
immanuello: Audacious you are right on that because i knew he said he would use a huge sum to buy more vessels to boost his business but yet that does not mean a solid earning expectation that can improve the profitability of the coy is on the way with jegede-management style of running his coy.Action speak volume of words i mean good result speaks louder and eloquently than jegede words.History has show that jegede's pronouncement is quiet not relied upon.My friend jegede talks alot though i like him but he hasnt get it right in turning his coy to better runned coy in such a way that shareholders would be happy or benefit alots unlike CONOIL,NESTLE,GTB,JULIUS BERGER,UACN-PROP,UACN etc.But let wait and see maybe ............jegede has got mgt prowess this year to turn d coy around.

Same gut feelings about fruits Japaul produce but what with the many offshore subsidiaries. Don't those companies in other countries count for the growth and status of the mother company at home? I think they've even got a subsidiary in the middle east.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 6:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
Guide For investing on banking stocks this year H1 2014.
I see this thread as a way to help my fellows on d bourse and please note my words are always blunt truth so take me for that.For banking stocks,remember that btw this time till june 2014 as much as sanusi remained in cbn position,Mpc could raise Crr on public funds to 75% to mild the spending on political electn and this will puncture a big hole in banks profitability and also create huge loan losses by 2013 year end thereby reducing possiblity of increased dividend pay out by most banks.From facts,most of the banks will only retained what they paid out as dividend last year end 2012 becos of effect of CRR and shot out of major banks earning spots,i think you know it already.Its better to bet with big banks because frm fact,they can defend profit made last year end and thereby maintained their good dividend pay out though it may not be an increased dividend as one would have expect becos of tight regulatory policy that shrivel their profitability this year end i mean 2013fye.so be very careful of banking stocks so as not to be too optimistic about them,so that fingers would not be burnt.sterling bank made a huge profit by H1 2013 which was d bank with d highest profit margin then followed by stanbic bank while gtb,zenith were producing results with marginal profit margins but by third quarter 2013 when result came out effect of crr was seen hitting up all profit made by sterlingbank with higher operating expenses and loan losses but nonetheless sterling bank is a good trading stock if anyone can get it cheaper than it is currently on nse bourse maybe around #2.14-#2.20 during a correction anytime from now and take d oppotunity that will be created by bulls to exit at #2.47-#2.60.More to come.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
SWG 1: Pls gurus in the house, I came up with this stocks after some analysis:
Fcmb
Access
Sky
Sterling
Pls which is better for capital gain on the short term (feb) at the recent price. U‘re free to call my attention to any other good coy i overlooked. Thanks
I can only vouch for sterling bank and if you want comfort, I have the feeling that if you buy 1st bank now, u can gain 20-25% in the short term on or b4 feb ending. FCMB already trading @ N4 'overvalued' while the prob of skye getting to N5 is not likely within short term. Access-Ive got no clue.
I'll advice my fellow investors to always cultivate the habit of buying sunday Thisday newspaper to gain insight into stocks by BGL analysis, I've been ffg this for the past 6mths, most of their predictions always come true. 1 last thing, u can place ur money on Transcorp, it'll get to N7 in no time by the time they announce their end of year report (note, they will dividend this year)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 7:42pm On Jan 04, 2014
@Aks:were u reading my mind before,infact you have said all i am about saying on sterling,fcmb,skye, and fbnh,big thumbs up to u.But i heard that transcorp will do reconstruction,please hw true is this.Any one in d house,can u help me out.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 7:51pm On Jan 04, 2014
@immanuelo- if @ all Transcorp is going to do reconstruction, it'll be @ d peak of price surge (my thinking though) I also butrss this pt by what a friend who works in a big finance house told me during the last Rally on Transcorp that b4 reconstruction can take place, the price will b very near to N7 which was the price of the IPO in 2007 or so.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 8:05pm On Jan 04, 2014
@aks:pls what do see on the robustness of these stocks uacn-prop,courville,dangote sugars,cap, thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
datovid :
keep on buying oando as your money can, oando all get to #30+ befor the end of new week .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 9:27pm On Jan 04, 2014
Aks: @immanuelo- if @ all Transcorp is going to do reconstruction, it'll be @ d peak of price surge (my thinking though) I also butrss this pt by what a friend who works in a big finance house told me during the last Rally on Transcorp that b4 reconstruction can take place, the price will b very near to N7 which was the price of the IPO in 2007 or so.

There has not been any official news on Transcorp doing share reconstruction. Nobody is talking about share buy back. Is this not possible in the future? And even if there will be reconstruction, sometimes share reconstruction can turn out positive for investors.

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (7781) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ONPASSIVEAJ(m), 1jboi, robobo, SetrakusRa(m), SonofElElyonRet, ehay(f), NL1960, Willie2015 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.