Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10972502 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (7781) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 9:23am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy New Year to all my teachers,lecturers,guadians on this platform,i say a big thank you to you all.May this 2014 be more rewarding than ever for all of us on our nija bourse.
Mercylicious please how is service efficiency of morgancapital cos i want to swap to morgancapital soonest and how fast is their trade execution and do they reply mails or mandates promptly.Also,are they good in getting a stock cheaper for clients than others as compared to investment one that i currently use,even though investment one is very good by all parameters but they are not super for me interms of getting stock bought for me at my baba-ijebu price limit as being a proud value hunter.Advice is also needed from all my ogas in the house to contribute in helping your SON.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by excellence13: 9:47am On Jan 01, 2014
Morgan capital is really good and I have enjoyed the 0% brokerage fee in the past week. I just started using them since November and I am satisfied with their service. Their online platform is also robust and alot detailed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by millo: 9:52am On Jan 01, 2014
immanuello: Happy New Year to all my teachers,lecturers,guadians on this platform,i say a big thank you to you all.May this 2014 be more rewarding than ever for all of us on our nija bourse.
Mercylicious please how is service efficiency of morgancapital cos i want to swap to morgancapital soonest and how fast is their trade execution and do they reply mails or mandates promptly.Also,are they good in getting a stock cheaper for clients than others as compared to investment one that i currently use,even though investment one is very good by all parameters but they are not super for me interms of getting stock bought for me at my baba-ijebu price limit as being a proud value hunter.Advice is also needed from all my ogas in the house to contribute in helping your SON.

Stanbic IBTC stockbrokers are also very good, they execute mandates promptly, few days ago, they managed to sell my transcorp @4.69 on a day it closed at 4.50.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mrcali1: 10:04am On Jan 01, 2014
GTBank will Gain 30% in the next 10 days
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 10:33am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy new year @ all, may your progress be evident to all by the grace of almighty GOD
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 10:36am On Jan 01, 2014
mr-cali:
how are you so sure? what of First bank
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mrcali1: 10:39am On Jan 01, 2014
Aks:
how are you so sure? what of First bank

firstbank has alot of issues to deal with currently not investors delight
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 11:04am On Jan 01, 2014
mr-cali:

ok, but what is your basis for GTB projection of 30% in 10 days
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ugo41babe(m): 11:26am On Jan 01, 2014
mercylicious: @Ugo41babe, are u sure u paid in on time b4 d hols? It culd be d hols. With morgan, they update themselves.I don't need to contact them except I paid in same day and need to trade same day. I use internet banking for my transfer. In the narration, I write my morgan acnt no b4 writing my name so dt it will be easy for them to pick.

Happy new year house. May God expand and enlarge our coasts from everyside.
pls can u post link for morgan capital.tnx
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mrcali1: 11:41am On Jan 01, 2014
Aks: ok, but what is your basis for GTB projection of 30% in 10 days
gut feelings
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mrcali1: 11:41am On Jan 01, 2014
ugo41babe: pls can u post link for morgan capital.tnx

Google is your friend
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 11:50am On Jan 01, 2014
Lol @mr-call
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 12:07pm On Jan 01, 2014
www.morgancapitalgroup.com
Here is the link oga.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sobrit(m): 2:24pm On Jan 01, 2014
mr-cali:

gut feelings
lolzzz. But where is stockbull na?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 2:49pm On Jan 01, 2014
a bad earning
season
Posted by: The Citizen in Company Review December
23, 2013
Airline Services & Logistics may post the lowest profit in
six years if its third quarter performance fails to
improve considerably at full year. A big drop in profit
happened in the third quarter and full year prospects
indicate a possible profit crash from the peak figure the
company recorded in 2012. Profit is under attack from
both declining revenue and rising cost.
The company’s turnover declined by 10.2% to N2.66
billion in the third quarter over the corresponding
period last year. The full year outlook is indicating that
revenue growth may step up in the final quarter due to
seasonal boost in economic activity. However a decline
in revenue still looks likely for the company at the end
of the year.
Based on the third quarter growth rate, turnover is
projected at N3.76 billion for the company in 2013.
That will be a slight decline from the turnover of N3.83
billion the company reported in 2012. The company
has not been able to achieve a reasonable growth in
revenue since 2010 when its turnover declined from
the 2009 peak of N3.84 billion. Its competitor, NAHCO
has not achieved a strong growth in turnover either but
has maintained a continuing growth over the past five
years.
Inability to grow revenue is undermining the profit
performance of the company. After tax profit fell by
82.6% in the third quarter to N79.3 million from N456
million in the corresponding quarter last year. The poor
performance isn’t expected to be remedied at full year.
After tax profit is projected at N112 million for the
company at full year. This is indicating that profit could
fall by more than 77% at the end of this year.
The company had grown after tax profit by about
105% to a peak of N492 million in 2012. It has had a
comparatively more stable profit performance than
NAHCO over the past five years but its stable earnings
record is very likely to be broken this year.
The big fall in the company’s profit follows both the
decline in revenue and inability to cut costs in line with
the revenue weakness. The main offensive cost element
is administrative cost, which grew by about 13% against
the 10.2% drop in turnover. It therefore had the
biggest adverse impact on the company’s bottom line
during the review period.
The company was able to keep cost of sales under
control, as it went down at equal pace with revenue.
Two other income lines declined during the period,
which also affected profit capacity. These are interest
income and other gains both of which declined in the
third quarter. Interest cost also declined during the
period.
The company has paid off its short-term borrowings of
about N65 million at the end of last year and has taken
a long-term loan of N530 million in the course of this
year. The company isn’t suffering the high interest
burden that is undermining the profit performance of
many companies this year.
Profit margin dropped significantly from 15.4% in the
corresponding period last year to 3.0% in the third
quarter. A net profit margin of 15.8% was recorded at
the end of last year. NAHCO recorded a far higher net
profit margin at 10% in the third quarter, which was
equally a decline from 13.3% in the corresponding
quarter last year.
The company earned 12 kobo per share at the end of
the third quarter, which is a drop from 72 kobo in the
corresponding period in 2012. Based on the full year
profit projection, the company is expected to earn 18
kobo per share at the end of this year. This will be a
major drop from the 78 kobo per share it posted at the
end of last year.
The company paid a dividend of 25 kobo per share at
the end of last year, which is above the earnings per
share it is expected to generate at the end of this year.
Either there will be a drop in dividend per share or the
company will declare a dividend holiday.
A drop in dividend looks more likely for the company as
it has a record of regular dividend payment. The
company has retained earnings of about N1.5 billion
that can be applied to support a higher dividend
payment than current earnings.
The company’s cash flow has come under pressure
from both operating and investing activities. Net cash
flow generated from operating activities dropped from
N734 million in the corresponding period last year to
N224 million at the end of September. Net cash flow
used for investing activities rose from N25 million to
N308 million over the same period. The company had
to raise new money from borrowing to cover the
financing gap.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 5:40pm On Jan 01, 2014
Hello My My People, Wish You Happy, prosperous and glorious new year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 8:24pm On Jan 01, 2014
mr-cali:

Is this news a sign of potential share price gain for FBNH?: FBNH Plc reports 11.4% rise in Gross Earnings to N290.8b for the Nine Months Ended 30 Sept. 2013

http://www.proshareng.com/news/21879
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by princemolak(m): 8:59pm On Jan 01, 2014
megainvest:

Is this news a sign of potential share price gain for FBNH?: FBNH Plc reports 11.4% rise in Gross Earnings to N290.8b for the Nine Months Ended 30 Sept. 2013

It wil surely hav an effect on the share price,lets wait til 2mao
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:34pm On Jan 01, 2014
megainvest:

But FBNH ended with an 8% fall in profit after tax compared to he previous year. An very much interested in seeing how the market reacts to all these.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 12:13am On Jan 02, 2014
Nigerian STock Exchange:

1. FBNH Plc reports 11.4% rise in Gross Earnings to N290.8b for the Nine Months Ended 30 Sept. 2013

2. Sell Pressure hits Forte Oil, ends the year below 7wks low

3. President Jonathan offers a review of 2013 and 2014 outlook in New Year Address

4. STDINSURE declares N2.02b loss in '12 Audited result,(SP:N0.50k) angry

5. NSE ASI Records +47.19% Gain in 2013; Closes Above 41,000bpts

6. AFROMEDIA declares N852.4m loss in '13 Audited result,(SP:N0.50k)

7. NEM releases Q1, Q2 & Q3 '13 results with N2.05b PAT in Q3(SP:N0.69k)

8. AFROMEDIA Appoints Patrick Osita Nwabunie As Acting Chairman

9. Oando Plc hits new 52-week high, gains +136.06% in 3months

10. Opportunities in Construction/Real Estate Sector Looks Untapped smiley

11. LINKASSURE declares N179.8m PAT in '12 Audited results,(SP:N0.50k)

12. GUINEAINS Appoints Mr Polycarp Osee Didam as Managing Director

13. AIRSERVICE expands business into Oil & Gas and provision of in-flight catering

14. TRANSCORP outperforms its peers in the conglomerates sector; records +14.56% Ave. in '13

15. NSE hits new landmark; Long Lasting rally lies ahead- Proshare

16. Agriculture Records +39.21% Contribution to GDP in 2012; Witnesses +54.41% Average Return on NSE

Source: @proshare

Enjoy all and Happy New year. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:36am On Jan 02, 2014
presiade:
Oga 9free, I'm just a learner ooo... Na u, B2BR, etc be oga na We dey follow your step...
I wish all my investing family a prosperous new year 2014. May stocks in our portfolios appreciate exponentially in value and yield tremendous dividends & bonuses.

AMEN OOOO

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by princemolak(m): 6:40am On Jan 02, 2014
Born 2be Rich: Nigerian STock Exchange:

7. NEM releases Q1, Q2 & Q3 '13 results with N2.05b PAT in Q3(SP:N0.69k)

Enjoy all and Happy New year. smiley
I see NEM bulln to One Naira or More before the end of the Month with its excellent Result

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sobrit(m): 7:36am On Jan 02, 2014
Good mornin and a greenish week to all in this house. Pls where can one view price history?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mrcali1: 8:30am On Jan 02, 2014
So-brit:
Good mornin and a greenish week to all in this house. Pls where can one view price history?

go to bloomberg and search for any stock

eg http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/OANDO:NL
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 9:24am On Jan 02, 2014
I have a question for the experts in the house:

Assuming somebody has 1 unit each of every stock in the NSE 30 as at 1 January 2013, what is the percentage total gain or loss (in share price, bonuses and dividends) as at December 31, 2013?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 02, 2014
mr-cali:

Abeg don't start. Don't assert wat u r not sure of. This is d kind of thing wey jamace do me as a newbie, as a result, I have over 500k tied up in ftncocoa. Dt is why I don't talk wen am not so sure cos u don't know who will be taking action on ur post.
megainvest: I have a question for the experts in the house:
Assuming somebody has 1 unit each of every stock in the NSE 30 as at 1 January 2013, what is the percentage total gain or loss (in share price, bonuses and dividends) as at December 31, 2013?

Abeg don't start, u don pass waec and jamb tey tey, so no set jamb exam for us. But d answer will be the percentage in indices nse increased last year which is in the news. I think its btw 20 and 30%
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mrcali1: 10:01am On Jan 02, 2014
mercylicious:

Abeg don't start. Don't assert wat u r not sure of. This is d kind of thing wey jamace do me as a newbie, as a result, I have over 500k tied up in ftncocoa. Dt is why I don't talk wen am not so sure cos u don't know who will be taking action on ur post.

Abeg don't start, u don pass waec and jamb tey tey, so no set jamb exam for us. But d answer will be the percentage in indices nse increased last year which is in the news. I think its btw 20 and 30%

no mind am o. since the market gained 47% then you don gain 47%. e pass dat one?
and na strategy o make person buy 1 units in all stocks, dead active moribound etc because this year na 60% the market go gain o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 10:04am On Jan 02, 2014
mercylicious:

Lol. I can c u are not in the mood for complex things today. Carry on joor.

Actually, your answer is exactly what I had in mind but I wanted to know if by using that approach, I can directly calculate the net gain from the NSE 30 Index. This is a useful model for someone who might want to invest in the market based on the overall performance figures. U feel me?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 02, 2014
princemolak:
I see NEM bulln to One Naira or More before the end of the Month with its excellent Result

Closed at 75k last trading day. Thank God I didn't sell. Changed my mind after listening to d various arguments by d ogas.
Anyway, I've just learnt few lessons, wen a coy releases a bad delayed result, don't rush to sell( except u r sure of better offer elsewhere), wait for them to release their results to date b4 u make a decision. This happened in nem as well as eterna.

When a coy goes for right issue, it doesn't mean d share price will fall. Afriprud, vitafoam, ubcap taught me these. Even if it will fall it shld be close to and post listing.

I placed order for more skye bank this morning. It was a hard decision btw uba and skye considering skye has taken off.
Waiting for more cash today to increase my stake in d mkt.

This bull is making me so stingy. I planned to set up biz for my uncle and a secondary sch friend dis jan but as d tin be now, na april things. I go just give them feeding money and money to run arnd.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mrcali1: 10:25am On Jan 02, 2014
mercylicious:
Closed at 75k last trading day. Thank God I didn't sell. Changed my mind after listening to d various arguments by d ogas.
Anyway, I've just learnt few lessons, wen a coy releases a bad delayed result, don't rush to sell( except u r sure of better offer elsewhere), wait for them to release their results to date b4 u make a decision. This happened in nem as well as eterna.
When a coy goes for right issue, it doesn't mean d share price will fall. Afriprud, vitafoam, ubcap taught me these. Even if it will fall it shld be close to and post listing.
I placed order for more skye bank this morning. It was a hard decision btw uba and skye considering skye has taken off.
Waiting for more cash today to increase my stake in d mkt.
This bull is making me so stingy. I planned to set up biz for my uncle and a secondary sch friend dis jan but as d tin be now, na april things. I go just give them feeding money and money to run arnd.

you be cash madam oo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 02, 2014
Oando on a high today

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (7781) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BullBearMkt(m), realking(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.