Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1983) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10887818 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1980) (1981) (1982) (1983) (1984) (1985) (1986) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:06am On Jan 07, 2017
DeRuggedProf:

If you are interested in joining the party early, do it cos irts not late yet and find out reasons later why the drums are beating hard and fast. The trend is on..... grin grin grin.
FXUSER has always pointed the way.
NOTE: FXUSER never recommends. He only weighs the scales.... grin grin grin.
I leave us with quote below:

nice one
Its human nature to want to rationalise why shares go up and down !
A waste of energy and time. Mr market cannot be rationalised

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:13am On Jan 07, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nevee: 2:40am On Jan 07, 2017

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nevee: 2:44am On Jan 07, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 5:28am On Jan 07, 2017
Vincent5231:
2500$ bitcoin for sale. At 490/$

What'sap 08145492860

I have been following the BITCOIN trend since early 2014 now that it's trending for Nigerians watch it CRASH BELOW 70% before year end. cc:B2BR

The 2 safest investments for 2017 are the FIXED INCOME MARKET and GOLD.

Even USD is not far from peak, it will only consolidate on it previous gains.

*ThE OcToPuS*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stokfrick: 6:37am On Jan 07, 2017
fxuser:

Zenith board meeting to hold on the 24th
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/16116_ZENITH_BANK_PLC_BOARD_ANNOUNCEMENT_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_JANUARY_2017.pdf

I believe this trend of early board meetings is in response to the renewed enforcement of the NSE guidelines on publishing of results. And with d banks setting d pace as usual, others r most likely to follow. Meaning that we r most likely to see results earlier than normal on the NSE!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 07, 2017
stokfrick:

I believe this trend of early board meetings is in response to the renewed enforcement of the NSE guidelines on publishing of results. And with d banks setting d pace as usual, others r most likely to follow. Meaning that we r most likely to see results earlier than normal on the NSE!

Adore:adore

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 07, 2017
Godisfaithful:

I greet all my NSEMPAs' family. I hope everyone enjoy there Christmas and New Year holiday. Certainly, this year must remains favor to us and our household. Back to business, Concerning stock market, everyone (Including me) opinion is neither right nor wrong when emotions, fate, fear, and fortune are involved. My only simple advise is that let's thread carefully with all this companies especially the banks before making our BUY decision. The coast is not that clear when it comes to our(NIGERIA) economic policy. Remember, there's always a BULL market somewhere when your entry price is right so you don't have to be worry. "DON'T RUSH A BUY DECISION THAT MIGHT COST YOU...WE STILL HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO"

Once again, I'm wishing us all blessed and favorably 2017!!!

i am not ready to drag fcmb price with market bidders at 1.50-2.00 by the time the coast is cleared.it is better i buy mine now.........even now,it is not easy to get.........1.22 come monday.....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 8:45am On Jan 07, 2017
Godisfaithful:

I greet all my NSEMPAs' family. I hope everyone enjoy there Christmas and New Year holiday. Certainly, this year must remains favor to us and our household. Back to business, Concerning stock market, everyone (Including me) opinion is neither right nor wrong when emotions, fate, fear, and fortune are involved. My only simple advise is that let's thread carefully with all this companies especially the banks before making our BUY decision. The coast is not that clear when it comes to our(NIGERIA) economic policy. Remember, there's always a BULL market somewhere when your entry price is right so you don't have to be worry. "DON'T RUSH A BUY DECISION THAT MIGHT COST YOU...WE STILL HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO"

Once again, I'm wishing us all blessed and favorably 2017!!!

I stand to be corrected by the FY2016 results as they trickle in. While I believe there is need to cherry-pick amongst the bank and financial institution, this year belongs to the banks. 2016FY will be positive for most banks. For clue, take a look at the 2016Q3 for UBA, FX gains were carefully stated under special income but not included in the overall profit. That will be captured in the FY16 profit.

Just imagine that bank do not need to create new credit/loans in 2017.
1). That means no new NPL's will be created as all retained earnings, new deposits, and new credit line will be channeled into FG's TB and Bonds at +/-20 rate(that is next to blood money, alas MMM). That is the miracle inherent in the stupidity of CBN governor (with the full backing of the Economic genius of our time/ Buhari).

#i-pity-fringe-players-in-all-sectors-of-our-economy.

2).Take a look at the rise in transcactional income of FCMB/FBN, and project for the 2017. That is becoming a new but huge like of profit for top banks with presence in the electronic business space.

3). For as long as we have crazy TB rates. You'll never get it wrong with UCAP. Just imagine buying FG TB with 9months profit. I guess the staff can as well take a year long vacation in idanre hill(buy-naija-to-grow-the-naira).
#Masterclass-in-Economic-policy-in-a-reccession(Buharinomics-101)

In 2017, there is no business for banks like FG-TB&Bonds, till CBN/FG stays clear of expired weed from Dauraland.

Take a look at NPL projection for Access Bank/UBA/Zenith & GTB in this piece: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-06/troubled-nigerian-loans-seen-spiking-before-economic-rebound

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 07, 2017
Good day fxuser.pls i will like you to display the technicals and bullish sentiments on these two banks.........sterling and Diamond bank.i am really in need of both.thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:40am On Jan 07, 2017
[quote author=holm post=52603297]

++++
That is the miracle inherent in the stupidity of CBN governor (with the full backing of the Economic genius of our time/ Buhari).
++++

lol

FGN has turned into MMM for banks & investment houses with liquidity.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 11:43am On Jan 07, 2017
@holms, impressive narrative as always and you never disappoint me...

I quite agree that the boisterous risk-free rate on guilt egde securities is adequate for deposit money banks in not creating credit...Its suffient for any bank to just turn it into ATM because of the guaranteed huge return. Although the objective of CBN coming up with such policy was to woo foreign portfolio investors, to me has been defeated..Thus, there is need for Emefiele to sit back and retrace his steps by changing the policy to a favourable and growth-induced one that aligns and support various fiscal measures of the government.

You said only banks will be profitable to invest in this year, this is wrong. Not all of them are healthy for Investment because some are down and only drastic Strategic measure in form of M&A, share reconstruction, etc can revive them...Don't forget also that cetris paribus, cement manufacturing, oil and gas including agric would IMMENSELY be profitable... Thus, I see them as game changers too.

Again, i say nice post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:52am On Jan 07, 2017
locodemy:
Good day fxuser.pls i will like you to display the technicals and bullish sentiments on these two banks.........sterling and Diamond bank.i am really in need of both.thanks.

Sterln & Diamond

both are bearish
both are trading below below 200 dma (long term trend)
both are trading below below 50 dma (short term trend)

both show a positive divergence
- sp is making lower lows but RSI / Macd is not. (This may take days or weeks or months to fully materialise

Set up
-diamond has a better set up
- RSI is sloping upwards, coming from an oversold region but still below 50

Charts
- charts may clog up the screens here oh.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:56am On Jan 07, 2017
Coolcash1:

I quite agree that the boisterous risk-free rate on guilt egde securities is adequate for deposit money banks in not creating credit...Its suffient for any bank to just turn it into ATM because of the guaranteed huge return. Although the objective of CBN coming up with such policy was to woo foreign portfolio investors, to me has been defeated..Thus, there is need for Emefiele to sit back and retrace his steps by changing the policy to a favourable and growth-induced one that aligns and support various fiscal measures of the government.

You said only banks will be profitable to invest in this year, this is wrong. Not all of them are healthy for Investment because some are down and only drastic Strategic measure in form of M&A, share reconstruction, etc can revive them...Don't forget also that cetris paribus, cement manufacturing, oil and gas including agric would IMMENSELY be profitable... Thus, I see them as game changers too.

Again, i say nice post.

the elephant in the room remains the fx policy !

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2017
fxuser:

Sterln & Diamond

both are bearish
both are trading below below 200 dma (long term trend)
both are trading below below 50 dma (short term trend)

both show a positive divergence
- sp is making lower lows but RSI / Macd is not. (This may take days or weeks or months to fully materialise

Set up
-diamond has a better set up
- RSI is sloping upwards, coming from an oversold region but still below 50

Charts
- charts may clog up the screens here oh.

tnx
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
Access
nice bullish breakout this past week
its been trading between 5.14 low - 5.86 for months (pre & post interim dividend)
kept testing the upper range but sellers pushed back
this week the bulls pushed thru that resistance
next test is N6.50 (prev high in may & june last year) , expect pull back ard here
those who are long , just hold & ride on
those who are looking to enter , u can either buy the breakout or wait for the pull back

#Just observing , not a recommendation

note:
SP is > 200dma & 50dma +ve
50dma >200dma (golden cross) +ve
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 12:27pm On Jan 07, 2017
locodemy:

To fully understand whats happening to Sterling and Diamond, you have to consider their fundamentals and not even technicals, though both are required on the long run.

Sterling's TCI (Total Comprehensive Income) is in a loss position while Diamond is feared to produce a bad result, maybe even a loss in their FY2016. I'm of the opinion that any rally there can easily result in a trap, so until insider news filters in of their results, one may not expect a true change in their SP position. I also expect them to be among the banks that would delay their result this year. Lastly there are fears that there may be mergers or restructuring in the banking sector this year so...traders should tread carefully...

Since banks results (good ones) are going to come in much earlier this year going by the trend being set by Access, GTB, Zenith et al, I guess then that FCMB would rally much much earlier than I previously anticipated, hence time to reload.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 07, 2017
ExLaidback:

To fully understand whats happening to Sterling and Diamond, you have to consider their fundamentals and not even technicals, though both are required on the long run.

Sterling's TCI (Total Comprehensive Income) is in a loss position while Diamond is feared to produce a bad result, maybe even a loss in their FY2016. I'm of the opinion that any rally there can easily result in a trap, so until insider news filters in of their results, one may not expect a true change in their SP position. I also expect them to be among the banks that would delay their result this year. Lastly there are fears that there may be mergers or restructuring in the banking sector this year so...traders should tread carefully...

Since banks results (good ones) are going to come in much earlier this year going by the trend being set by Access, GTB, Zenith et al, I guess then that FCMB would rally much much earlier than I previously anticipated, hence time to reload.

Hm! This is nice article.i think i have to stay clear from some of these tier2 banks until the coast is cleared.For fcmb,everyone is aware of its recent fortunes and thats why the volume and price actions speaks for it.thanks sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2017
locodemy:

Hm! This is nice article.i think i have to stay clear from some of these tier2 banks until the coast is cleared.For fcmb,everyone is aware of its recent fortunes and thats why the volume and price actions speaks for it.thanks sir.

I think you should stay away from Diamond but sterling just don't buy more than 1M units and you could make 100% on it.That stock is a solo/juju stock.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 07, 2017
angelo82:

I think you should stay away from Diamond but sterling just don't buy more than 1M units and you could make 100% on it.That stock is a solo/juju stock.

observed but what of if it doesnt respond as you supposed?
secondly,what of the illiquidity of the stock?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 1:55pm On Jan 07, 2017
locodemy:

observed but what of if it doesnt respond as you supposed?
secondly,what of the illiquidity of the stock?

Illiquidity is not the problem but market maker has created a margin that you can sell because is very hard to sell at a prevailing rate.The good thing is to buy it low and sell in the medium term higher.The fundamentals of the stock is not as bad as that of Diamond but don't expect the level of activity of fcmb in Sterling.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 07, 2017
angelo82:

Illiquidity is not the problem but market maker has created a margin that you can sell because is very hard to sell at a prevailing rate.The good thing is to buy it low and sell in the medium term higher.The fundamentals of the stock is not as bad as that of Diamond but don't expect the level of activity of fcmb in Sterling.

You speak my mind.i dont know that some people are technically good in reading stocks.i see sterling bank among the tier2 banks that will come up to something in this year either by acquisation or merger.............Has sterling bank the capacity of acquiring Keystone bank?

My spirit tells me that something is cooking in sterling........pls this is just a mere discussions between both of us and i also welcome any opinion....

i will further like to know who the present management is and who are their market makers?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 3:26pm On Jan 07, 2017
[quote author=Coolcash1 post=52607786]@holms, impressive narrative as always and you never disappoint me...

Again, i say nice post.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 3:27pm On Jan 07, 2017
Coolcash1:

Again, i say nice post.

Thanks for the compliment, My Oga,

My bad, the bolded is what i summarized in this hashtag ( #i-pity-fringe-players-in-all-sectors-of-our-economy ) I should have explained. Big players in individual sectors will devour all fringe players, please watch Access bank director say they have gotten more corporate accounts from fringe banks in 2016. Will MTN, Cocacola, Dangote babies keep account in the likes of Skye bank and be rewarded with maybe 50,000 cash back if the bank goes under; D grin ( I laugh in CAPSLOCK grin cheesy)

Market leaders such as Flourmill gained market share as alluded to by the CEO in 2016. Dangote Flour/Sugar is big players in the North. With BH decimated, and, Buhari/CBN/Osinbajo in the "President to the President & Governor to the Governor" pocket (Dangote). If they don't play, Dangote will just announce that the refinery will not be ready till after election in 2019 (as they say, the rest is history: D cheesy cheesy).

My Oga, the list goes on and on. Total Petroleum will win in 2017, it will wipe out all fringe guys in due time( Ayo petroleum, Aruna petroleum and Uche petroleum). Our laws are great for entrenching monopoly.

To be clear, only FCMB, amongst the tier 2 names, is where i'll place my bet for the FY16 result.

http://www.cnbcafrica.com/video/?bctid=5215929981001
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 4:57pm On Jan 07, 2017
holm:

Thanks for the compliment, My Oga,

My bad, the bolded is what i summarized in this hashtag ( #i-pity-fringe-players-in-all-sectors-of-our-economy ) I should have explained. Big players in individual sectors will devour all fringe players, please watch Access bank director say they have gotten more corporate accounts from fringe banks in 2016. Will MTN, Cocacola, Dangote babies keep account in the likes of Skye bank and be rewarded with maybe 50,000 cash back if the bank goes under; D grin ( I laugh in CAPSLOCK grin cheesy)

Market leaders such as Flourmill gained market share as alluded to by the CEO in 2016. Dangote Flour/Sugar is big players in the North. With BH decimated, and, Buhari/CBN/Osinbajo in the "President to the President & Governor to the Governor" pocket (Dangote). If they don't play, Dangote will just announce that the refinery will not be ready till after election in 2019 (as they say, the rest is history: D cheesy cheesy).

My Oga, the list goes on and on. Total Petroleum will win in 2017, it will wipe out all fringe guys in due time( Ayo petroleum, Aruna petroleum and Uche petroleum). Our laws are great for entrenching monopoly.

To be clear, only FCMB, amongst the tier 2 names, is where i'll place my bet for the FY16 result.

I welcome your perspective. Honestly, most of the things you alluded to may never happen. Most of the tier2 banks are going to post higher margin in their 2016FY result. Watch Sterling bank closely and see what happens in the days ahead.

Union Bank has never had any favourable review recently. Even the right issue Union bank offered was so criticized but gradually that stock has made some leaps.
The thing I see about most Nigerians companies is the sentiment investors have towards them. Our darling Mobil is now so difficult to sell. Once market movers move out of an investment, the stock begins to suffer. Who knows who the market movers will favour tomorrow.

As for 2017, I see things shaping up a bit. If the new found optimism is sustained further, it is going to be good for investors most especially if govt start rolling in deliverables.
Manufacturing/ndustrial goods sector should get some boost this year.

Let's just watch and wait.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 07, 2017
i have made up my mind to buy a particular stock on monday after 3 hours proper due diligence.......it is a tier2 bank.........it is not as risky as skye bank.....my stock broker has also recommend it .........if i perish i perish..........my people i wont hide anything..........it is STERLING BANK or nothing.

i nominate fcmb,sterling bank as winners come 2016 fye results for tier2 banks and juju bank stocks for 2017.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 6:54pm On Jan 07, 2017
locodemy:
i have made up my mind to buy a particular stock on monday after 3 hours proper due diligence.......it is a tier2 bank.........it is not as risky as skye bank.....my stock broker has also recommend it .........if i perish i perish..........my people i wont hide anything..........it is STERLING BANK or nothing.

i nominate fcmb,sterling bank as winners come 2016 fye results for tier2 banks and juju bank stocks for 2017.

Your broker will make you go broke.... grin grin grin

NB: Just joking. I have no idea here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 07, 2017
DeRuggedProf:

Your broker will make you go broke.... grin grin grin
NB: Just joking. I have no idea here.
No,they dont deceive.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 8:44pm On Jan 07, 2017
locodemy:

No,they dont deceive.

Are you sure your broker is not trying to use your funds to bail out a trapped client.... grin..Coz I discount whatever advice they give me.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2017
locodemy:

I bought a few units about two weeks ago and sold it with little profit i.e. JIJO. Almost bought some again on Friday but decided to just wait a little and observe the market more. I'm still in waiting mode.

Good luck with your purchase though

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:18pm On Jan 07, 2017
holm:

#
+++

Fav: '' The strong will get stronger in times of crises ''

#WOW
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 1:07am On Jan 08, 2017
fxuser:

+++

Fav: '' The strong will get stronger in times of crises ''

#WOW

Hey Chairman, are you @ogus on twitter?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1980) (1981) (1982) (1983) (1984) (1985) (1986) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: funkyprof, Locotrader(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.