Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,775 members, 7,837,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10979386 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2117) (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) (2122) (2123) ... (7783) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 16, 2017
i think some investor r dumping total share...something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 2:14pm On Mar 16, 2017
Ucap
breaking higher
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 2:22pm On Mar 16, 2017
DeRuggedProf:
@LOCO, see your enemies here.... grin grin grin

is that fayose ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 2:22pm On Mar 16, 2017
Loco, I can see your handwork. FCMB now 1.23 and still going.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 2:24pm On Mar 16, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

If these stock disappoint investors, it will be selling for .60k by August.
Investors don't show mercy. grin
at that price can you buy it ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 2:34pm On Mar 16, 2017
OakPearl:

I can understand the fury over this and the disappointment.
But let's understand the difference between technical and fundamental analysis and use them to our advantage.
I have read many years back how Warren Buffet warned against making these mistakes.
Technical analysis works for day traders to make short term investment decisions on a stock. They don't need too much information on the book value and all of those details of a company before trading in them.
Conversely, fundamental analysis works better for value investors who are generally known as long term investors.
If you are a long term investor, why worry over the daily movement of the share price of a company you have researched well and invested long term in?
Daily gains and losses are all a part and parcel of a functional stock market.
Do not use fundamental analysis alone to decide on what stock to do day trading (what we refer to as jijo here).
It will back fire!
Same way you should not take a long term investment decision using technical analysis.
In the end, for fundamental analysts we all know that what ever goes down must come up as far as all the right fundamental boxes are ticked including corporate governance.
Remember, you are the master of your portfolio.

I totally agree with you on this.

Some are investors that aren't day traders they buy based on Fundamentals and keep for long term.

Most of the guys don't usually sell like we do here, they just keep buying, even when the stock isn't attractive, because they believe in the fundamental and future prospect .

And that is where NESTLE edge-out Total.

I remember when NESTLE was selling for N1000, and some were praying to get it for N7000.
They will rush to buy when they see it below N600 with dividend.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 2:46pm On Mar 16, 2017
fxuser:
Ucap
breaking higher

Opened above yesterday closing and closed higher !
neat
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 2:57pm On Mar 16, 2017
Fidelity
-
Fidelity Bank says has $56 mln exposure to Etisalat Nigeria

link
http://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFL5N1GT3BK
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 3:07pm On Mar 16, 2017
fxuser:

Fidelity
-

link

To them that are tied to the living, there is hope... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 3:15pm On Mar 16, 2017
fxuser:

Fidelity
-

link

I recall attending an interview with these guys some yrs back. Their HR told me money was not their problem when I was asked how much I was receiving from my former place and I tweaked the sum a bit.... grin

How could I have known that a little way down the path there were hundreds of banks lying in wait for them. Even banks we felt they were far below Etisalat standard.
They may even be owing some microfinance banks... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2017
UBA
- 52 week high
- nice breakout !
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 3:30pm On Mar 16, 2017
DeRuggedProf:

shocked shocked shocked

- ehn ehn
- we closed above that yeye 1.20 resistance ( well on below avg vol sha)
- this is the first higher close than prev day close in weeks !
- Houston we have lift off grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 3:39pm On Mar 16, 2017
fxuser:

- ehn ehn
- we closed above that yeye 1.20 resistance ( well on below avg vol sha)
- this is the first higher close than prev day close in weeks !
- Houston we have lift off grin

I will launch a manhunt for Loco.. grin
By the time we locate whose workshop he took the result to, for panel beating, the price will be around N1.5.... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by duni04(m): 3:52pm On Mar 16, 2017
There will be a time (sometime this year) when people will look back and ask themselves where they were when it was trading at N0.83
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 16, 2017
duni04:
There will be a time (sometime this year) when people will look back and ask themselves where they were when it was trading at N0.83

I know most of this kobo kobo stock will do better even 30-40 % this year and am sure either GTB OR ZENITH cant. I once made 45% on diamond 2-3mth ago bought at 0.80 and sold at 1.19/ 1.20 . but i later lost the gain on FO .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 4:24pm On Mar 16, 2017
I see Locodemy(m) amongst d list of those viewin dis page. Broda Loco mi. Pls say sometin. Where una hide d result? Just say some words to the house.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 4:36pm On Mar 16, 2017
@ bullbear @fxuser

wats d next resistance and support for UBA considering it just broke out of the last one (i.e. 5.20)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 4:44pm On Mar 16, 2017
robobo:
@ bullbear @fxuser

wats d next resistance and support for UBA considering it just broke out of the last one (i.e. 5.20)

UBA is making a giant stride. Passed 1 resistant yesterday @5.22, then another one today @ 5.36. If successfully make 5.36 as support, then it is gunning for 6!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 5:22pm On Mar 16, 2017
thank u appr8 ur response
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 5:35pm On Mar 16, 2017
When I was shouting yesterday, una dey laugh me.
See what the godlyguy has caused in FBNH...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 5:35pm On Mar 16, 2017
hw abt for zenith next resistance nd support?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 6:26pm On Mar 16, 2017
robobo:
hw abt for zenith next resistance nd support?

Zenith should be going for 15.40
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 16, 2017
DeRuggedProf:

lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 8:13pm On Mar 16, 2017
DeRuggedProf:

leo1234:

The problem is that any stock the guy recommends moves south.
Let's see what tomorrow will look like for FBN grin

I am not supprised.
Any stock that guy recommends moves south! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 8:44pm On Mar 16, 2017
FXUser/BullBearMkt,

What's the chart saying about NAHCO at the moment, the downtrend has been sustained for weeks backtoback. Your inputs are highly appreciated.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 10:30pm On Mar 16, 2017
Instead of always asking for what the chart says all the time dont you think you should tell them to post the charts and interpret how to read the chart for you.If you can master charts believe me you can trade anything and timing market will be much easier.Line chart is very simple to interpret and you can start from there.Just an advice.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 10:34pm On Mar 16, 2017
angelo82:
Instead of always asking for what the chart says all the time dont you think you should tell them to post the charts and interpret how to read the chart for you.If you can master charts believe me you can trade anything and timing market will be much easier.Line chart is very simple to interpret and you can start from there.Just an advice.

Quite true. ...

So ogas...angelo82...fxuser....bullbearMekt... ..PLEASE MAKE YOU GUYS TEACH US HOW TO READ STOCK CHART.....AM very eager to learn...

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:09am On Mar 17, 2017
7 UP
- new 52 week low
- break N80
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 1:29am On Mar 17, 2017
debeey87:
FXUser/BullBearMkt,

What's the chart saying about NAHCO at the moment, the downtrend has been sustained for weeks backtoback. Your inputs are highly appreciated.

NAHCO is currently being controlled by the bear and still struggling to find a bottom...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 1:33am On Mar 17, 2017
angelo82:

Your suggestion is great. Every good investor/trader should understand how to read a chart... this will give individual the power to have independent interpretation on the chart; since we all see the same thing differently...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 1:39am On Mar 17, 2017
ukay2:

Quite true. ...

So ogas...angelo82...fxuser....bullbearMekt... ..PLEASE MAKE YOU GUYS TEACH US HOW TO READ STOCK CHART.....AM very eager to learn...

Thanks.

As I stated in one of my earlier posts, a good place to start is to do personal study. Seriously every beginner of chartist should visit these websites http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school and babypips.com. Though, babypips is on forex, it provides you the foundation needed to reading chart. I will be posting learning stuff on chart reading once in a while...

BullBearMkt:

It is good to learn how to trade before jumping into it. I started by reading some good books, reading stuff on internet & attending seminars... after these, the real learning begins when you actually put your money at trading (risk). This forum also provide excellent learning; start reading excellent contributions from participants like:- stockbull, Born2beRich1, duni04, locodemy, fxuser, DeRuggedProf, Intendy and others I cannot mention due to limited time.

You can begin by reading this free basics on the Internet: http://www.investopedia.com/university/stocks/
Books
The New Trading for A Living - Alexander Elder
Long-Term Secrets to Short-term Trading - Larry Williams

...hope this helps

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (2117) (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) (2122) (2123) ... (7783) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: IPO2002, Excellent7(m), robobo, kalkah, doncafu(m), W0t0w0toman, BullBearMkt(m), Ginalex(f), FreeStuffsNG, BabsO2(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.