Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,506 members, 7,865,129 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:48 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7783) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11086936 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7780) (7781) (7782) (7783) (7784) (7785) (7786) ... (7819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EmmyBen14(m): 5:56pm On May 22
Please can someone explain this to me, I bought some treasury bills through Stanbic IBTC bank although this is my first time, I discovered that the money was moved from my main balance but I did not receive the interest and the money that was moved did not reflect in my transaction details. As anyone experience this or is it how it works please.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Odunharry(m): 5:59pm On May 22
EmmyBen14:
Please can someone explain this to me, I bought some treasury bills through Stanbic IBTC bank although this is my first time, I discovered that the money was moved from my main balance but I did not receive the interest and the money that was moved did not reflect in my transaction details. As anyone experience this or is it how it works please.
Send a mail to stanbic. Hope you have your investment letter
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EmmyBen14(m): 6:04pm On May 22
I feel the form which my account officer collected but no certificate or document was given me in return.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 6:18pm On May 22
Ades1:

Regarding the quietness of this place, you never see anything lol.... This place go be like cemetery when the real bears take over.

I said it before, when e red, everybody go fly fence grin grin grin grin

Hopefully, things will improve a little bit from Monday when money from UBA & FCMB dividend enter the market except recipients divert am go TB & co.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 6:38pm On May 22
From my little knowledge, I believe that you will get an email giving details of the TB (face value, rate, interest, tenor etc).
This usually comes on the value date so check the advert for the value date... wink

EmmyBen14:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 6:40pm On May 22
It's 50-50.
I personally am divided over reinvesting the UBA dividend or holding on a little bit maybe the price will tank further... angry

KayOn1:

Hopefully, things will improve a little bit from Monday when money from UBA & FCMB dividend enter the market except recipients divert am go TB & co.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 7:08pm On May 22
KarlTom:
It's 50-50.
I personally am divided over reinvesting the UBA dividend or holding on a little bit maybe the price will tank further... angry

Do your DD but for some stocks here, the recovery will be very swift.
There's a reason BullBearMkt said that a lot of money will be made this year & next in the market.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 7:39pm On May 22
This week presented an opportunity for me to round up my FBNH to 1M units.

Na to wait for dividend now smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 7:57pm On May 22
stcool:
This week presented an opportunity for me to round up my FBNH to 1M units.

Na to wait for dividend now smiley
how much dividend are we expecting sir?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 8:03pm On May 22
Last year was 50k...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 9:39pm On May 22
KarlTom:
Last year was 50k...

This year should be x3 or x4 that.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:10pm On May 22
Princkez:

Maybe $2
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by toyeoye(m): 10:16pm On May 22
Patriots will still defend

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 10:39pm On May 22
Princkez:

I can't say honnestly, but maybe between N1.50 - N2.00 or more due to the Ote$ factor

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 11:03pm On May 22
toyeoye:
Let me try to summarize for the patriots grin
The "patriots" totally agree that the economy affects both foreign companies and indigineous companies..

But that for foreign companies..
We need to scrutinize whether they have hidden agenda inaddition to the economic effects..
Much like when the British were offering us free education and scholarships abroad in those days building schools for us, roads, etc..
And actually they were doing it and we benefited but but...
Unknowingly at the expense of our Oil and Artifacts much more valuable in monetary terms than what they offered us.. grin

Foreign companies may have genuine reasons to leave but but... Does it present a perfect opportunity for them to take sth illegal with them or abandon sth they shld do?(or should have done?)..
They are free to go but pay for any damages if found guilty. We shldnt just be easily cajoled into blaming our economy 100%(when foreign entities are involved) just because the indigenous companies are also affected
(is there an underneath ripoff? )
Their Exit shld be scrutinized further.

just butressing the "patriots" point grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 9:43am On May 23
toyeoye:
...not good to use media to judge; they have become politicised!
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 9:58am On May 23
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:07am On May 23
Diing grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Boshins: 10:08am On May 23
Where is our Ding o...Abi today na public holiday? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Laso09: 10:31am On May 23
BullBearMkt:

grin grin grin grin grin

We are attracting fpi instead of fdi.
This will not take us anywhere.
It is not a good thing when manufacturers are closing shops and all what a country enjoys is hot money which will become another problem in a short while when those investors are ready to repatriate their funds.
BAT has gotten to sit up and work.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 10:46am On May 23
Laso09:

We are attracting fpi instead of fdi.
This will not take us anywhere.
It is not a good thing when manufacturers are closing shops and all what a country enjoys is hot money which will become another problem in a short while when those investors are ready to repatriate their funds.
BAT has gotten to sit up and work.
I completely agree with your sentiment! But in a country with rampant corruption, minimal production, and an overdependence on imports. It's clear that these issues won't be resolved overnight. Attracting FPI instead of FDI is short-sighted and will not foster sustainable growth.

Agreed BAT needs to work harder! We critically need long-term investments to drive real growth. And, and, you! buy more of locally made gooodsss!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 11:23am On May 23
stcool:

I can't say honnestly, but maybe between N1.50 - N2.00 or more due to the Ote$ factor
AMEN OOOO!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 11:27am On May 23
BullBearMkt:

grin grin grin grin grin

Maybe Nigerians have infected them with the short term / trading bug !

Modified: I mean the foreign investors
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 11:34am On May 23
Interesting times ahead. Chams on full bid, Transcorp @10.50.
Ok

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 11:57am On May 23
Omo! This dip never dip reach? Na so discover crude oil remain at this point cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 12:00pm On May 23
Something funny is happening in TIP. Those in the bus can shed more light grin grin. A director in TIP, AFOLAYAN SAMUEL OLAJIDE bought 2,200,000 units of TIP at N2.03 on the 15th of May 2024, and equally sold 5,069,015 units at the same price on the same date. And i am wondering, what kind of play is this? grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:12pm On May 23
For those sending me mails/messages on INTBREW, I said I won't be talking about the coy since I already did enough in time past.

The problem is that most persons do not know why they invest or should invest in a company.
Still, some do not understand what a share capital reduction exercise entails.

For the newbies here (the one's I often feel sorry for), here's a simple brief;

The company's rights issue is actually part of a share capital reduction exercise (CS reorganization & BS restructuring) aimed at neutralizimg the recent impact of accumulated losses and birthing a healthier capital structure that can allow the coy perform more optimally going forward.
The 6 for 1 RI may seem bloated, but that approx 161.17B ordinary share issue is priced at a per value of 2k. At a per value of 50k, it's just about 6.45B shares. (if 2k >> 161.17, then 50k >> [161.17/50] x 2,= 161.17/25)
This is why a part of the circular reads in part;
"...to offer to the shareholders the proposed rights issue of 161,172,395, 100 ordinary shares of 2 kobo each..."

So essentially, the company's RI exercise is expected to raise N3.65 x approx 6.45B capital... which is about N23.55B
The proceeds will be credited to the coys share premium A/c before been utilized to neutralize her accumulated/retained loss position.
See the RI as a form of CAPITAL REORGANIZATION EXERCISE. (a key step in restructuring for T&GCs), which in addition to the aforementioned benefit, will also allow for a more robust and efficient CS and create the "fertile ground" for future cash flow reward to shareholders.

As I stated in a previous post, There are pros and cons with the expected share capital reduction exercise (ref: reduction in nominal value by a factor of 25x) in between the planned RI.
But I know most folks will focus on the cons and fail to efficiently benchmark it against the undisputably much better pros. Am hoping that more persons will sell off their holdings, so price can drop a bit more.

HOLD! ...it's a great midterm play.
That would be my candid advice, especially to the newbies.
But PLS do not hesitate to sell if you so desire.
...just do well to follow your instinct.

I know INTBREW will make us a lot of money! wink cheesy cool

CAVEAT: NOT to be inferred as any sought of investment advice. Due diligence still applies as always.

cc: @streetinvestor and all

Selah
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 12:15pm On May 23
222Martins:
Something funny is happening in TIP. Those in the bus can shed more light grin grin. A director in TIP, AFOLAYAN SAMUEL OLAJIDE bought 2,200,000 units of TIP at N2.03 on the 15th of May 2024, and equally sold 5,069,015 units at the same price on the same date. And i am wondering, what kind of play is this? grin grin grin
I will say the guy is simply providing liquidity to his company's share. He is a trader! Likely buying low again. Over 5.15m bought yesterday.
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:51pm On May 23
onegentleguy:
For those sending me mails/messages on INTBREW, I said I won't be talking about the coy since I already did enough in time past.

The problem is that most persons do not know why they invest or should invest in a company.
Still, some do not understand what a share capital reduction exercise entails.

For the naive fellows (the one's I often feel sorry for), here's a simple brief;

The company's rights issue is actually part of a share capital reduction exercise (CS reorganization & BS restructuring) aimed at neutralizimg the recent impact of accumulated losses and birthing a healthier capital structure that can allow the coy perform more optimally going forward.
The 6 for 1 RI may seem bloated, but that approx 161.17B ordinary share issue is priced at a per value of 2k. At a per value of 50k, it's just about 6.45B shares. (if 2k >> 161.17, then 50k >> [161.17/50] x 2,= 161.17/25)
This is why a part of the circular reads in part;
"...to offer to the shareholders the proposed rights issue of 161,172,395, 100 ordinary shares of 2 kobo each..."

So essentially, the company's RI exercise is expected to raise N3.65 x approx 6.45B capital... which is approx N23.55B
The proceeds will be credited to the coys share premium A/c before been utilized to neutralize her accumulated/retained loss position.
See the RI as a form of CAPITAL REORGANIZATION EXERCISE. (a key step in restructuring for T&GCs), which in addition to the aforementioned benefit, will also allow for a more robust and efficient CS and create the "fertile ground" for future cash flow reward to shareholders.

As I stated in a previous post, There are pros and cons with the expected share capital reduction exercise (ref: reduction in nominal value by a factor of 25x) in between the planned RI.
But I know most folks will focus on the cons and fail to efficiently benchmark it against the undisputably much better pros. Am hoping that more persons will sell off their holdings, so price can drop a bit more.

HOLD! ...it's a great midterm play.
That would be my candid advice, especially to the naive ones.
But PLS do not hesitate to sell if you so desire.
...just do well to follow your instinct.

I know INTBREW will make us a lot of money! wink cheesy cool

CAVEAT: NOT to be inferred as any sought an investment advice. Due diligence still applies as always.

cc: @streetinvestor and all

Selah

With all this grammar, na still loss dem go report

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FatherCHRISTMAS(f): 12:52pm On May 23
Agbalowomeri:

With all this grammar, na still loss dem go report

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:52pm On May 23
The way market dey play, if dangfood merger happens today and the new stock is listed at 350, this market will bring it down to 120.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:53pm On May 23
Ginalex:
Omo! This dip never dip reach? Na so discover crude oil remain at this point cry

You know I'm a bad boy
This statement just dey stimulate something like dipper, faster, harder

(1) (2) (3) ... (7780) (7781) (7782) (7783) (7784) (7785) (7786) ... (7819) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: perfectgen(m), Mpeace(m), dapix, UchihaRagnar(f), Perculiar, ololufemi, ojesymsym, Boshins, eziokwunwoko(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.