Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,454 members, 7,826,743 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10932228 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) (2319) (2320) (2321) ... (7770) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 9:05pm On May 26, 2017
Mpeace:
Bank stocks are too risky for such long term investments. I remember Intercontinental, Oceanic, Finbank etc and even skye that held lots of promise had good fundamentals anf paid good dividend, the only took a short while to deteriorate. Bad management is something that can easily happen and destroy a company in less than a year(if you doubt me ask FBNH) banks are too volatile. As for oil stocks, no one knows whether oil will still be relevant in 18yrs. So if u want long term, just buy land.

how are you sure the other family of the family family that sold the land to you will not ask you to re-purchase the land or lose it in long term grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 26, 2017
Mpeace:
Bank stocks are too risky for such long term investments. I remember Intercontinental, Oceanic, Finbank etc and even skye that held lots of promise had good fundamentals anf paid good dividend, the only took a short while to deteriorate. Bad management is something that can easily happen and destroy a company in less than a year(if you doubt me ask FBNH) banks are too volatile. As for oil stocks, no one knows whether oil will still be relevant in 18yrs. So if u want long term, just buy land.

Are you talking of UACN PROP?

Dem self dey do land biz kwa...........laughs
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 26, 2017
OakPearl:

Let me begin by stating that you have got the right mindset for your plan as you sound futuristic.
The best investments for your temperament and expectations are in stocks with sound fundamentals and that pay interim and final dividends.

The idea is to not just depend on capital appreciation alone for the growth of your investment, but to earn regular dividends for reinvestment which will give your investment portfolio an assured but aggressive growth.

The following 5 stocks are my recommendation in no specific order of preference:
1. UBA - (Consistent interim & final dividend. Great room for capital appreciation)
2. FBNH - (Fundamentals being worked on by management. Dividend paying with serious room for capital appreciation)
3. ZENITH BANK - (Consistent interim & final dividend. Lots of catching up to do with GTB hence more room for capital appreciation)
4. UCAP - (Their recent success in listing Eurobond & Wealth For Women Fund comes to mind. Very substantial dividend paying culture)
5. DANGOTE FLOUR - (Verifiable progress recorded in turn around project. Huge capital appreciation expected as a consequence of consistent handsome dividend payout in the nearest future)

If you invested N50,000 to buy 10,000 shares of GTB during the public offer in 2004 when it sold for N5.00 per share, your bonus shares would have added and increased your shares from 10,000 to 59,181 shares without spending any more money!
Your N50,000 investested 13 years ago is worth N2,087,905 as at closing price of GTB today - N35.28!
This is without adding all the dividends received in the 13 years period.
You can never go wrong investing as planned sir.
Just keep the focus and you can be sure of a far better tomorrow.

I wish to bookmark this page, for a review of the performance of these stocks in 2-5yrs.
May u be a blessing in dz generation. Ur analysis was cogent with my futuristic expectation. I am buying into your analysis.
You v made my night.I am very optimistic dt our country will be great again.Thanks bra,one love
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 26, 2017
Interesting ... Learning a lot!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 26, 2017
Onward4eva:

May u be a blessing in dz generation. Ur analysis was cogent with my futuristic expectation. I am buying into your analysis.
You v made my night.I am very optimistic dt our country will be great again.Thanks bra,one love

Bro,as he is making your night,i also want you to sleep with one eye while the other one is open.My own contribution to what that oga said is to let you know that after sunshine,there must be rain........Watch out for those mentioned stocks that has huge OS and also planning now to raise money thru right issue.While you are for loooooooooooong term,remember they can use cutlass on you o(reconstructions)

If they come by then,them go first ask you whether you want long sleeve or short sleeve.if you say short sleeve,your hand will be like this one below:

so bro you can make it 6months,1yr and maximum18m and you review them again...........I think i have made your night too............sleep well bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EduC(m): 9:31pm On May 26, 2017
Cutting losses is a major task of a speculator. Do not try to make profit from a bad trade.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 9:39pm On May 26, 2017
My advise is that we should not allow our profits to turn to a loss. For example on FBN, I was able to get in at NGN3.61 (purchase price including commission and other charges, I pay fairly high commission with my Stockbroker, but this is like 1.73% on the average, this doesn’t worry me as they do a good job by getting me the best prices both in and out), if anything happens and the prices retraces to below 4.70, I will exit halve of my holding with about NGN1.00 per share. I will not allow a profit to turn to a loss.

If there is a retracement, I will buy more shares/look for new purchases as long as there is no breakdown in the supply point/support. A breakdown of the support means, it is time to slow down on new investments.

The above sound interesting and logical. The days of the big losses will be over with this supply and demand point strategy. I will be posting more of this, but may not necessarily be explaining what is supply and demand all the time.

Caution: This is my personal opinion. Use at your own risk. If you need supply/demand point on any stock, you can contact me. I am enjoying this market good time.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by godlyguy(m): 12:40am On May 27, 2017
Tritri:
pls bros..am currently deppressed right now....I sold all of my holdings ..nestle...uac.zenith...sold everything and left FCMB alone..Thank god for locodemy i might have sold my FCMB long time ago...am just sad and mad at myself...I hope i dont make dis silly mistake next time.where is that THE BIG FOOLISH GUY...THUNDER FIRE HIIM.

GROW UP... STOCKS TRADING ISN'T FOR THE EMOTIONAL!!!

THE BIG SMART GUY
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 1:40am On May 27, 2017
locodemy:

Are you really the chief fundamentalist when oando is a technical stock?
Do you know what combination of fbn & oando is called?

Bro you still believe FBNH is messed up, don't you?
Fundamentals change and your analysis of any company can change. In fact, the key to breakthroughs in stocks trading is listening and watching for changes in fundamentals of battered stocks.
I don't understand Oando very well, neither am I putting eyes in it but Fbnh that I understand, I have taken a bet on with over 95% of my portfolio. I am not out to convince you because it may or may not be too late to even enter now. But in a year or two, you'll get a clearer picture of where FBNH is headed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 1:50am On May 27, 2017
feelamong:

when we were seeing the MIB bidding for FBN asking people to buy up FBN..they didnt take us seriously..

anyway...make una still try to get in..

This stock is destined for N10 by year end

Truth is FBNH is destined for higher than #10. I don't want to hunt any monkeys here but then truth be told, as NPL subsides, the real earnings power of the Elephant will become glaring.

Again, I am not expecting this to happen in months but if it happens in months, glory be to God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 2:02am On May 27, 2017
lancee:
My thots ..I think most of us still look at these stocks that they may go down , cos we are used to uba @ 3 , zeniht @ 13 , fbnh @ 3 , gtb @ 21 etc ..but seem these stocks are trying to go back to their original prices they were 2014 before election

We may not see these cheap prices for a while , as long as the economy is improving

@bolded, and also as Foreign investors are coming back into the market.

It may not be in a straight line but just try and identify a good horse and ride.

NB:- The foreign investors used to account for circa 50% of investments in the market. What are we talking about here?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 2:49am On May 27, 2017
[quote author=yok post=56911603]My advise is that we should not allow our profits to turn to a loss. For example on FBN, I was able to get in at NGN3.61 (purchase price including commission and other charges, I pay fairly high commission with my Stockbroker, but this is like 1.73% on the average, this doesn’t worry me as they do a good job by getting me the best prices both in and out), if anything happens and the prices retraces to below 4.70, I will exit halve of my holding with about NGN1.00 per share. I will not allow a profit to turn to a loss.

If there is a retracement, I will buy more shares/look for new purchases as long as there is no breakdown in the supply point/support. A breakdown of the support means, it is time to slow down on new investments.

The above sound interesting and logical. The days of the big losses will be over with this supply and demand point strategy. I will be posting more of this, but may not necessarily be explaining what is supply and . OK, uac prop, and livestock ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 2:56am On May 27, 2017
Kaduna State government has signed agreement with a Chinese company to build a refinery in the state, which will use crude oil from Niger Republic via a 400- kilometre pipeline from Niger to Kaduna. Governor Nasir el-Rufai disclosed this when he returned from the Asian country, where he led a business delegation to. A statement by the governor’s spokesman, Samuel Aruwan, said the proposed refinery is a 50,000 barrels per day capacity one and that representatives of the Kaduna Refinery Consortium and the China Machinery Engineering Corporation, CMEC, signed the agreement on the project this week in China. While the governor signed for the Kaduna consortium, Li Mingqiang signed for CMEC. Aruwan noted that during the trip, the Kaduna State team also signed a tripartite memorandum with the government of Hebei province and the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation, CCECC. Signed on May 22, the agreement commits the three parties to facilitate exchanges and cooperation .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 5:57am On May 27, 2017
Princkez:
bros GT bank public offer of 2004 was sold at 10.60k...GT bank has neva fallen below #8.00 since it was listed...one love

You are very correct Princkez.
My error in price.
At N10.60 per share then, initial investment of N106, 000 (N50,000) becomes over N2m.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 6:02am On May 27, 2017
OakPearl:

My error in price.
At N10.60 per share then, initial investment of N106, 000 (N50,000) becomes over N2m.
luv ur analysis...dividend alone in GT bank has covered intial investment,you keep records

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 6:15am On May 27, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:44am On May 27, 2017
Princkez:
bros GT bank public offer of 2004 was sold at 10.60k...GT bank has neva fallen below #8.00 since it was listed...one love

The first public offer was in 2001 and it sold for N5
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:11am On May 27, 2017
chillykelly86:

Bro you still believe FBNH is messed up, don't you?
Fundamentals change and your analysis of any company can change. In fact, the key to breakthroughs in stocks trading is listening and watching for changes in fundamentals of battered stocks.
I don't understand Oando very well, neither am I putting eyes in it but Fbnh that I understand, I have taken a bet on with over 95% of my portfolio. I am not out to convince you because it may or may not be too late to even enter now. But in a year or two, you'll get a clearer picture of where FBNH is headed.

oga i am only trying to tell the guy to remove oando .fbn is where we are.pls understand post before commenting.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:22am On May 27, 2017
OakPearl:

My error in price.

He is not correct check page 329 of the current annual report. The initial public offer was in 2001 and it sold for N5.00, I bought during the offer.

The one sold in 2004 was the second coming of GT and Zenith bank to the market just before the N25 billion bank consolidation by Soiudo.

Between the IPO of GTB in 2001 and public offer in 2004.

Gtb gave bonuses thrice.

2002 1 for 4

2003 1 for 5

Just before the public offer in 2004 another bonus of 1 for 3 was given to existing shareholders.

Read more about the share capitalisation history of GT Bank on pg 329.

As a matter of fact 10000 units of GT shares in 2001 would have grown to 71610 units in 2017.

I hope this helps.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 8:17am On May 27, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

He is not correct check page 329 of the current annual report. The initial public offer was in 2001 and it sold for N5.00, I bought during the offer.

The one sold in 2004 was the second coming of GT and Zenith bank to the market just before the N25 billion bank consolidation by Soiudo.

Gtb gave bonuses thrice.

2002 1 for 4

2003 1 for 5

Just before the public offer in 2004 another bonus of 1 for 3 was given to existing shareholders.

As a matter of fact 10000 units of GT shares in 2001 would have grown to 71610 units in 2017.

I hope this helps.
yea ,u are right just confirmed dey were listed in 1996, and 2004 ipo was d second time dey came 2 raise funds.thanks bros.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 8:25am On May 27, 2017
Mpeace:

I am also of the opinion that 18yrs is too long for any stock in Nigeria to go bad. 10/15 yes ago, fbn was the poster boy of the bank stocks. Where are they today? Just hope someone will do the analysis on fbn and Union bank for those that bought about 5/10/15 years ago and what will be the worth of their investment today. Gtb and zenith are doing well today but who knows what will happen to them 1/2/5/15 years down the line..
My own advice be say buy good stocks at good price and review your holdings every six month(if you cannot do it quarterly) and if you notice a change in the fundamentals of any of the companies in which you have an interest then you adjust and realigned your portfolio accordingly.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 8:26am On May 27, 2017
OakPearl:

My error in price.
bros im wrong ,u are d one that is correct...i hav found out dey came to d market 2001 to raise fund at #5 and came d second time in 2004 which was sold for #10.60.im sorry for the mix up..thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 8:29am On May 27, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:29am On May 27, 2017
Princkez:
i think what u are refaring is private placement not IPO
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:32am On May 27, 2017
Fundamentals and
analysis see food o, let's look into this stocks c&i leasing,livestock,trancorp and neimeth what's the best to go in next week ? .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 8:33am On May 27, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

I stand to be corrected the Initial Public Offer of GT was in 2001, they later had a public offer in 2004.
The company was listed in 2001.

Kindly do a google search or grab and read the annual report.
bros u are right, i tried 2 delete dis message but didnt know it has been posted.i hav made reserch ,u are very correct infact dey were listed in 1996 which i did not know,pls im sorry for d mix up..thanks for clearification. One love

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 8:37am On May 27, 2017
GT bank.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ekele99(m): 9:12am On May 27, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:33am On May 27, 2017
ekele99:
Simple ways to stay out of recession http://www.wealth9ja.com.ng/2017/04/how-to-stay-out-of-recession-in-this.html?m=1

Ekele my brother,this will be good if you addressed it to mr president.Lovely one.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 11:42am On May 27, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Gtb gave bonuses thrice.

2002 1 for 4

2003 1 for 5

I hope this helps.

@Emmanuelewumi,
Your data presented above are very correct no doubt, but I mistakenly thought of 2001 offer price of N5 while errornuosly quoting it as 2004 price which was N10.60.
Therefore Princkez is correct based on the year (2004) I quoted.
Easy to miss key details at times and am happy with very informed scrutiny such as that.
Bottom line is how wealth creation can be so exponential if we can imbibe that rare quality of patience after a strong DD.
Well done to you both for your spirited performance in clearing the air.
Big ups.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 4:05pm On May 27, 2017
I see FBNH sprinting ahead to take its rightful place.

My assessment anyway.

Happy weekend my bnsitl.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) (2319) (2320) (2321) ... (7770) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ades1, Basilekeh, Mopiket(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.