Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,934 members, 7,828,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10942590 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2348) (2349) (2350) (2351) (2352) (2353) (2354) ... (7772) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 2:27pm On Jun 06, 2017
Zhirinovsky:
Can't wait to get off this shitty Morgan capital.

Why this complain always with Morgan? To get the correct bid and offer sizes and prices. Beside each stock symbol. there is a drop down symbol like trainagle. if you click it it will give you the following options: Buy, Sell, Market orders: by order, Market orders: by price. Remember to always refresh Market order: by price before you take any decision.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 2:40pm On Jun 06, 2017
BullBearMkt:
Human emotion that is beyond any Analysis is GREED wink
grin grin grin grin grin

You took it out of my mouth.
OVERBOUGHT!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 06, 2017
mendes911:

What exactly is your issue? I know a lot of folks using Morgan and they are not having issue. For bid/offer, do not double-click on the stock symbol; rather click on the drop down and select "market order by price". That's gives accurate representation of the bid/offer status.

not working.. NOT WORKING AT ALL.. i've done all that but STILL. are you a staff there ? if yes, DO SOMETHING!.. Christ!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 2:44pm On Jun 06, 2017
stock with new 52 week lows

jaiz bank #0.85k

stocks with new 52 week highs

m & b #2.15k

dangote sugar #8.21k

Union bank #6.08k

flour mills #26.72k

learn Africa #0.92k

STANBIC IBTC #28.00k

Nestlé #965.00k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 2:48pm On Jun 06, 2017
Intendy:

jaiz bank #0.85k

m & b #2.15k

dangote sugar #8.21k

Union bank #6.08k

flour mills #26.72k

learn Africa #0.92k

STANBIC IBTC #28.00k

Jazz Bank(Jaiz Bank) will soon discover oil(50k). grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 2:51pm On Jun 06, 2017
FOR NEWBIES.

OVERBOUGHT:

What does 'Overbought' mean
Overbought refers to a situation in which the demand for a certain asset or security unjustifiably pushes the price of that asset or underlying asset to levels that are not justified by fundamentals. Overbought is often a term used in technical analysis to describe a situation in which the price of a security has risen to such a degree - usually on high volume - that an oscillator has reached its upper bounds.

BREAKING DOWN 'Overbought'
An asset being overbought can be explained by an almost constant upward trend in the price of an asset that exhausts all the buyers for the asset. As a result, the asset becomes vulnerable to a price reversal because all those who wanted to buy it likely already have it and supply forces may start to outweigh demand forces leading to selling pressure on the asset. On the fundamental level, an asset may be overbought if demand for it has made its future cash flows discounted back to the present not justify the asset's current price.

Overbought Indicators
When an oscillator reaches its upper bound, it is generally interpreted as a sign that the price of the asset is becoming overvalued and may experience a pullback. An asset that has experienced sharp upward movements over a very short period of time is often deemed to be overbought. Determining the degree to which an asset is overbought is very subjective and can differ between investors. Technicians, practitioners of technical analysis, use indicators such as the relative strength index (RSI), the stochastic oscillator or the money flow index to identify securities that are becoming overbought. An overbought security is the opposite of one that is oversold.

The RSI compares prior trading sessions' average gains versus average losses. Like other statistical measures, as the number of sessions used in the calculation increases - the more accurate the RSI measure becomes. An RSI value of 80 or above indicates that an asset is overbought, showing that the asset in question has sustained higher and higher prices for a long period of time. Contrarily, an RSI value of 30 or below indicates that an asset is oversold.

The stochastic oscillator compares the current price of an asset to its price range in prior trading sessions. When a stock frequently closes near its highs, it is considered to be in an uptrend; when it frequently closes near its lows, it is considered to be in a downtrend. If the stock's price starts closing away from either its highs or lows, it is considered a weakening of either an up- or downtrend. Like RSI, a stochastic oscillator value of 80 or above indicates that an asset is overbought, while levels of 20 or lower indicate that an asset is oversold. The money flow index also evaluates whether an asset is overbought or oversold by analyzing the selling or buying pressure on the asset; it does this by considering the price volatility of and volume of trading in the asset.

Read more: Overbought http://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/overbought.asp#ixzz4jEJB1PWD
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 2:53pm On Jun 06, 2017
Intendy:

jaiz bank #0.85k

m & b #2.15k

dangote sugar #8.21k

Union bank #6.08k

flour mills #26.72k

learn Africa #0.92k

STANBIC IBTC #28.00k

I thought jaiz hit N1.20 some months ago.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 2:57pm On Jun 06, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

I thought jaiz hit N1.20 some months ago.

It only raised its arms to pick a digging implement... grin

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mercylicious234: 3:01pm On Jun 06, 2017
Yayira:

not working.. NOT WORKING AT ALL.. i've done all that but STILL. are you a staff there ? if yes, DO SOMETHING!.. Christ!
I used I trade throughout the day and encountered no issue. 2 things maybe responsible for what you experience.
1 .browser
2. Your link/network

Use Mozilla Firefox browser for I trade. Also make sure ur link is okay in your location. I use both airtel and mtn network. I switch them depending on link strength in different locations.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 3:11pm On Jun 06, 2017
Please can somebody confirm that Diamon touched N1.33 today. My broker is giving me that price.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelaaG: 3:13pm On Jun 06, 2017
sellydion:
Please can somebody confirm that Diamon touched N1.33 today. My broker is giving me that price.

Thanks

yes,.. it traded at that high earlier today!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 3:15pm On Jun 06, 2017
sellydion:

Thanks

Yes, it was on full bid at 1.33 with some millions of units b/4 s...t happened. undecided
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 3:16pm On Jun 06, 2017
Yayira:

Staff kee. Where did you get that one from?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 06, 2017
Abeg make una leave all these OVERBOUGHT analysis.Apart from forex policy by cbn which is favouring investors now,another BIG news is coming out this week.The BULL has decided to use today to drink water.People who has sighted the BIG news just used the opportunity to reload today.

I am having a feeling Deruggedman has refrain from the market all these while we have making money as he is seeing stocks as OVERBOUGHT.All i can see is a virgin land.......the land is green.......is green......

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 3:36pm On Jun 06, 2017
The market can keep you waiting being overbought until all the people that are making money

have made all the millions
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 3:36pm On Jun 06, 2017
DeRuggedProf:

You took it out of my mouth.
OVERBOUGHT!!!
...@DeRuggedProf, GREED is completely different from overbought. It is powerful! When there is greed, overbought can continue "FOREVER!" Unlike FEAR that is short-lived, GREED is one human emotion that can last for a long time.
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ekpoma25: 3:38pm On Jun 06, 2017
Intendy:

jaiz bank #0.85k

m & b #2.15k

dangote sugar #8.21k

Union bank #6.08k

flour mills #26.72k

learn Africa #0.92k

STANBIC IBTC #28.00k

Nestle should be among 52 week highs?.. closed 965 today...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawax8: 3:43pm On Jun 06, 2017
Good day house.

Please does anyone have a working contact(phone number) for molten trust limited as the numbers on their website is not connecting.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 3:44pm On Jun 06, 2017
Ekpoma25:

thanks for the notification, was error due to pullback.
thanks sir

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 3:45pm On Jun 06, 2017
BullBearMkt:

...@DeRuggedProf, GREED is completely different from overbought. It is powerful! When there is greed, overbought can continue "FOREVER!" Unlike FEAR that is short-lived, GREED is one human emotion that can last for a long time.
grin grin grin grin grin

It is the great grand father abi?

Lol... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Parisfran(f): 3:46pm On Jun 06, 2017
Intendy:
LEARN AFRICA PLC

Closure of Register for Year Ended 31 December 2016

Proposed Dividend 10 Kobo per share

Proposed Bonus Nil

Closure Date 12th - 16h June 2017

AGM Date 5th July 2017

Payment Date 7th July 2017

AGM Venue Company Premises, 52 Oba Akran Avenue, Ikeja Lagos

This company looks like sink to me. Their building on Oba Akran is a write off, the company's website is also a write off. Always reminds me of the company I heard that didn't have physical address yet was flying in NSE during 2007 era.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 3:46pm On Jun 06, 2017
locodemy:
Abeg make una leave all these OVERBOUGHT analysis.Apart from forex policy by cbn which is favouring investors now,another BIG news is coming out this week.The BULL has decided to use today to drink water.People who has sighted the BIG news just used the opportunity to reload today.

I am having a feeling Deruggedman has refrain from the market all these while we have making money as he is seeing stocks as OVERBOUGHT.All i can see is a virgin land.......the land is green.......is green......

No matter how green the land is, we should still trade with caution. Thats what Deruggedman is trying to pass across to newbies.

Newbies should know when to take their profit. You have made 50% increase on a stock as an investor and you are still waiting for it to do 200%... thats greed.

Sell some part of your holdings to recover your capital & sizeable profit to your bank account first with good champagne. You can now wait and see if the rally want to go on and ride with it with the remaining holdings. Kudos to BullBearMkt ....Plan your trade and trade your plan.... it is central to money mgt in stock trading.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
Ekpoma25:

If not the pullback today,fidelity would have join them in 52 wks high.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 3:48pm On Jun 06, 2017
locodemy:

My brother,
I save my money in stocks and not in the bank as a policy.
I dont even know how to buy forex.
I am buying Mobil now to sell to NIPCO as a part time job since the law forces me to be a middle man... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ekpoma25: 3:53pm On Jun 06, 2017
locodemy:

If not the pullback today,fidelity would have join them in 52 wks high.

Access Bank still make the list of 52wks hi shaa..... grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mercylicious234: 3:55pm On Jun 06, 2017
DeRuggedProf:

My brother,
I am buying Mobil now to sell to NIPCO as a part time job since the law forces me to be a middle man... grin

Please how would it be sold to nipco? What is the procedure since it won't be sold on the floor?
Also, how and when will they make the payment. Let it not be like right issue refund of some coys that took over 1 year to be paid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ekpoma25: 4:00pm On Jun 06, 2017
DeRuggedProf:

My brother,

Are you sure you are not late in this transaction.... do your DD well o wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 4:01pm On Jun 06, 2017
Parisfran:

This company looks like sink to me. Their building on Oba Akran is a write off, the company's website is also a write off. Always reminds me of the company I heard that didn't have physical address yet was flying in NSE during 2007 era.

Afroil grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 06, 2017
Willie2015:

No matter how green the land is, we should still trade with caution. Thats what Deruggedman is trying to pass across to newbies.

Newbies should know when to take their profit. You have made 50% increase on a stock as an investor and you are still waiting for it to do 200%... thats greed.

Sell some part of your holdings to recover your capital & sizeable profit to your bank account first with good champagne. You can now wait and see if the rally want to go on and ride with it with the remaining holdings. Kudos to BullBearMkt ....Plan your trade and trade your plan.... it is central to money mgt in stock trading.

Just take a look at what bullbear is saying and also look at what deruggedman is also saying.Both of them are saying different things of which the one from bulbear is accepted.Somebody who bought a stock at 50k and the worth now is #5.00 has a reason of keeping it.It is true one can say it is greed but i tell you it is an investment decision.Greed comes when one buys a stock at 50kobo and set his exit target at 70kobo.if the stock crosses that benchmark and the person refuses to sell,it is now greed.

Where is OVERBOUGHT coming from our present market when most of the companies OS is in billions yet no stock has even traded above 200m units a day for the past weeks ?In a recovering economy,this is how people respond to shares.They accumulate enough units as a result of policies which will have positive effect in the market just like what is happening now.I am an eye witness of how it happened in 2007/2008.As at then,it was overbought that crashed the market. Almost all the stocks were trading above their 52 weeks high.

How many stocks do we have today trading at new 52 wks high?very few.......if our 52wks high becomes uncountable or takes pages,know that our market is OVERBOUGHT.

Those who want to sell because of overbought can do so for me and my household,i wait to see plenty stocks at 52 wks high before i can sell.

Yes,there may be pullback but not because stocks are overbought but to create another entry window for fresh investors.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 4:07pm On Jun 06, 2017
mercylicious234:

Please how would it be sold to nipco? What is the procedure since it won't be sold on the floor?

There should be a form to be completed and forwarded to your broker to complete the transaction for you.
I am yet to discuss the details with my brokers but I know there is a form to be completed and submitted just like Ashaka/Lafarge MTO.
My plan1 is to accumulate and sell at any price above N400.
Plan2 if it does not get there a week to the closure of the MTO, I will complete the form and sell to NIPCO.
I avoid greed.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 4:08pm On Jun 06, 2017
Ekpoma25:

Are you sure you are not late in this transaction.... do your DD well o wink

How?
The MTO bid opened May 30 and is closing on June 29.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2348) (2349) (2350) (2351) (2352) (2353) (2354) ... (7772) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: meholo, dangle and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.