Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,462 members, 7,840,017 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10988415 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2386) (2387) (2388) (2389) (2390) (2391) (2392) ... (7787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vivie01(f): 6:57pm On Jun 16, 2017
9free:

Multiverse, Jegede Oil&Gas and BecoPet, my prayers are with you.

grin cheesy grin grin grin this really got me laughing.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 6:59pm On Jun 16, 2017
NEGOTIATED CROSS DEAL OF NASD PLC

Dear All, This is to inform all NASD Brokers that a total value of N26,641,125.00 cross deal of 15,223,500 units of NASD PLC(SDNASDPLC) was executed today (16/06/2017) as a negotiated CROSS deal by GREENWICH SECURITIES LTD at N1.75K per share in one deal. Please be guided accordingly.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 7:36pm On Jun 16, 2017
I noticed something this bullish era, the moment I take my profit from a stock, the way the stock rises in price just amazes me, bailed out of transcop @ 35% and the stock has returned close to 100%, bailed out of fbnh @ 50% and the stock returned more than 120%(bought 3:12), now I have bailed out of CCNN @ 35% everyday is a new high for this stock..............@ times I now feel that stocks that are resistant to price change in my portfolio are just waiting for me to sell to start moving up

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EduC(m): 7:45pm On Jun 16, 2017
maishai:
I noticed something this bullish era, the moment I take my profit from a stock, the way the stock rises in price just amazes me, bailed out of transcop @ 35% and the stock has returned close to 100%, bailed out of fbnh @ 50% and the stock returned more than 120%(bought 3:12), now I have bailed out of CCNN @ 35% everyday is a new high for this stock..............@ times I now feel that stocks that are resistant to price change in my portfolio are just waiting for me to sell to start moving up

If you have Dangflour, abeg sell, I need more capital appreciation. Lol

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 7:50pm On Jun 16, 2017
maishai:

You are not alone in this situation. That is stock market for you and as long as you are not loosing your gain you are very much on the right track. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bestidafa(m): 7:57pm On Jun 16, 2017
pluto09:

You are not alone in this situation. That is stock market for you and as long as you are not loosing your gain you are very much on the right track. grin grin

Absolutely!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 9:02pm On Jun 16, 2017
jamace:
Ah, I have all of them including FTN COCOA and COURTVILLE grin grin
I been dey think sey na only me carry dry bones. So we plenty for here!?
Dead bones shall rise again

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:06pm On Jun 16, 2017
maishai:

That's why patient is need, until the stock gets to it ceiling.

If you rush-out of a stock, you might be using part of your profits to re-enter that stock if the price is higher.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 9:12pm On Jun 16, 2017
maishai:
Maybe village people still hold remote. Consult NSEMPA resident Bishop and Pastor in case you may need some form of deliverance.
Bros, na joke oh grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 9:32pm On Jun 16, 2017
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 9:45pm On Jun 16, 2017
CBN 11% Inflation Target in 2017 “Largely Optimistic”—Report
http://www.businesspost.ng/2017/06/16/cbn-11-inflation-target-2017-largely-optimistic-report/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 11:16pm On Jun 16, 2017
9free:

Maybe village people still hold remote. Consult NSEMPA resident Bishop and Pastor in case you may need some form of deliverance.
Bros, na joke oh grin

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 11:19pm On Jun 16, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

That's why patient is need, until the stock gets to it ceiling.

If you rush-out of a stock, you might be using part of your profits to re-enter that stock if the price is higher.

U re right , learnt my lesson from Access bank ..to catch it now i no fit .Sold all @ 7.80

Now i need access cos of consistent div..Well its part of the game
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 11:24pm On Jun 16, 2017
Transnational Corporation of Nigeria Plc - Improved Earnings Outlook

Stock & Analyst Updates694 VIEWS 

Friday, June 16, 2017 12:50 PM /CardinalStone Research

In light of recent developments in the power and hospitality sector, we update our outlook on Transnational Corporation of Nigeria. We revise our target price (TP) to N3.05 and place a BUY recommendation on the counter. Kindly find key highlights below;

CBN/ NBET Upstream Payment Assurance Program
Recently, the Federal Executive Council approved a payment assurance guarantee for the power sector, which is to be provided by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) as part of measures to address the protracted liquidity problems facing power generation and distribution companies in the power sector.

The Payment Assurance Facility is a N702 billion (US$2.3 billion) CBN loan to Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading Plc (NBET), guaranteed by the Ministry of Finance (FMoF), to support NBET electricity payments to GenCos and in turn, to gas suppliers. The Payment Assurance Guarantee is for a two-year period, beginning in January 2017 and will guarantee NBET’s payment obligations to GenCos up until December 2018.

According to the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry has been experiencing a shortfall as power distribution costs have increased by 40% between 2012 and 2016 whereas average electricity tariffs have not kept pace with this increase.

This shortfall has had a detrimental impact on the energy companies throughout the value chain as the distribution companies (DisCos) have accumulated large arrears due to the generation companies (GenCos) – N470 billion (US$1.5 billion) as at FY’16. The wider economic effects of the tariff deficits were also evident as the GENCOs had difficulty in meeting their payment obligations towards financial institutions and gas suppliers.

Figure 1: Power Assurance Guarantee Structure

Power reforms to serve as catalyst
According to NBET, payments have commenced and this was confirmed from our discussions with Transcorp’s Management. Under the arrangement, the Payment Assurance guarantees payment of 80% of the GenCos’ invoice which according to management is about N3.2 billion per month.  

Average monthly payments was about N1.1 billion before the new framework kicked-off. In our view, this will slow the pace of growth in outstanding receivables and reduce the negative impact on working capital. Also, with the stability in gas supply so far this year, management disclosed that capacity utilization has improved, hovering around the 60% level. 

Therefore, we revise our average capacity utilisation to 57% (Previous: 55%) well above the 48% and 50% observed in FY’16 and Q1’17, and raise our 2017 revenue projection for the Transcorp Ughelli Power Limited to N59 billion (Previous: N52 billion). 

Improved outlook for Transcorp Hilton Abuja on ABV re-opening
The closure of the Abuja International Airport (IATA: ABV) had negative implications for passenger traffic and consequently occupancy levels at Transcorp Hilton Hotel Abuja in Q1’17. 

According to management, average occupancy level in Q1’17 dropped to 52% (Q1’16: 64%) with a marked decline in March when average occupancy level printed at 41%. With the re-opening of the Abuja airport, traffic has improved and occupancy levels are back to normal. 

Management took advantage of the downturn to refurbish some of the facilities and these facilities have been re-priced accordingly. We retain our 2017 average occupancy level at 56% (FY’16: 59%) and our FY’17 revenue forecast at N13.7 billion.

Valuation 
We expect an improved performance from the power and hospitality subsidiaries and revise our FY’17 revenue projection to N73 billion (previous – N67 billion), 23% growth from FY’16 revenue. Costs surged last year due to the double impact of exchange rate and inflation. With some moderation expected in inflation this year, we expect gross margin to improve to 51% from 50% in FY’16.  

Barring a devaluation, net finance charges should reduce by about half and thus the company should return back to profitability. We project a net profit of N6.2 billion by FY’17 from a net loss of N1 billion in FY’16. 

We have revised our target price to N3.05 (Previous: N1.00) to reflect the impact of an increase in power generation as a result of better gas supply and increased hotel revenues from ongoing upgrade. Our revised target price presents a 65% upside to current price of N1.85 and revise our recommendation to a BUY (Previous: HOLD).

Credit: Proshare. I hope we find it revealing.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 1:00am On Jun 17, 2017
9free:

My brother, we have been praying silently for their resurrection o grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:17am On Jun 17, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vivie01(f): 7:18am On Jun 17, 2017
9free:

grin cheesy cheesy mine include tantalizer, deap capital, beco petroleum, japaul oil (as in oil matter now) and delisted afro oil (and few other delisted ones). I've even abandoned them with my analogue stock broker.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 8:27am On Jun 17, 2017
vivie01:

grin cheesy cheesy mine include tantalizer, deap capital, beco petroleum, japaul oil (as in oil matter now) and delisted afro oil (and few other delisted ones). I've even abandoned them with my analogue stock broker.
Vivie, e be like sey na you be chairman of NSE DRYBONES INDEX.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 8:28am On Jun 17, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 8:30am On Jun 17, 2017
Oga Dumex, I hail oh. Abeg no just enter observe mode, dey try comment from time to time
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GraceThomas4487: 8:37am On Jun 17, 2017
Please do you have FO? If yes, please sell so it can rally cos i notice you are the one holding the market down..

maishai:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GraceThomas4487: 8:41am On Jun 17, 2017
Received same report from CardinalStone. Most Analysts are aligned with this report. That backs my earlier comment that the God of Transcorp will arise next week..... grin grin grin grin

PharmAlfred:
Transnational Corporation of Nigeria Plc - Improved Earnings Outlook

Stock & Analyst Updates694 VIEWS 

Friday, June 16, 2017 12:50 PM /CardinalStone Research

In light of recent developments in the power and hospitality sector, we update our outlook on Transnational Corporation of Nigeria. We revise our target price (TP) to N3.05 and place a BUY recommendation on the counter. Kindly find key highlights below;

CBN/ NBET Upstream Payment Assurance Program
Recently, the Federal Executive Council approved a payment assurance guarantee for the power sector, which is to be provided by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) as part of measures to address the protracted liquidity problems facing power generation and distribution companies in the power sector.

The Payment Assurance Facility is a N702 billion (US$2.3 billion) CBN loan to Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading Plc (NBET), guaranteed by the Ministry of Finance (FMoF), to support NBET electricity payments to GenCos and in turn, to gas suppliers. The Payment Assurance Guarantee is for a two-year period, beginning in January 2017 and will guarantee NBET’s payment obligations to GenCos up until December 2018.

According to the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry has been experiencing a shortfall as power distribution costs have increased by 40% between 2012 and 2016 whereas average electricity tariffs have not kept pace with this increase.

This shortfall has had a detrimental impact on the energy companies throughout the value chain as the distribution companies (DisCos) have accumulated large arrears due to the generation companies (GenCos) – N470 billion (US$1.5 billion) as at FY’16. The wider economic effects of the tariff deficits were also evident as the GENCOs had difficulty in meeting their payment obligations towards financial institutions and gas suppliers.

Figure 1: Power Assurance Guarantee Structure

Power reforms to serve as catalyst
According to NBET, payments have commenced and this was confirmed from our discussions with Transcorp’s Management. Under the arrangement, the Payment Assurance guarantees payment of 80% of the GenCos’ invoice which according to management is about N3.2 billion per month.  

Average monthly payments was about N1.1 billion before the new framework kicked-off. In our view, this will slow the pace of growth in outstanding receivables and reduce the negative impact on working capital. Also, with the stability in gas supply so far this year, management disclosed that capacity utilization has improved, hovering around the 60% level. 

Therefore, we revise our average capacity utilisation to 57% (Previous: 55%) well above the 48% and 50% observed in FY’16 and Q1’17, and raise our 2017 revenue projection for the Transcorp Ughelli Power Limited to N59 billion (Previous: N52 billion). 

Improved outlook for Transcorp Hilton Abuja on ABV re-opening
The closure of the Abuja International Airport (IATA: ABV) had negative implications for passenger traffic and consequently occupancy levels at Transcorp Hilton Hotel Abuja in Q1’17. 

According to management, average occupancy level in Q1’17 dropped to 52% (Q1’16: 64%) with a marked decline in March when average occupancy level printed at 41%. With the re-opening of the Abuja airport, traffic has improved and occupancy levels are back to normal. 

Management took advantage of the downturn to refurbish some of the facilities and these facilities have been re-priced accordingly. We retain our 2017 average occupancy level at 56% (FY’16: 59%) and our FY’17 revenue forecast at N13.7 billion.

Valuation 
We expect an improved performance from the power and hospitality subsidiaries and revise our FY’17 revenue projection to N73 billion (previous – N67 billion), 23% growth from FY’16 revenue. Costs surged last year due to the double impact of exchange rate and inflation. With some moderation expected in inflation this year, we expect gross margin to improve to 51% from 50% in FY’16.  

Barring a devaluation, net finance charges should reduce by about half and thus the company should return back to profitability. We project a net profit of N6.2 billion by FY’17 from a net loss of N1 billion in FY’16. 

We have revised our target price to N3.05 (Previous: N1.00) to reflect the impact of an increase in power generation as a result of better gas supply and increased hotel revenues from ongoing upgrade. Our revised target price presents a 65% upside to current price of N1.85 and revise our recommendation to a BUY (Previous: HOLD).

Credit: Proshare. I hope we find it revealing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moseys2003(m): 8:45am On Jun 17, 2017
GraceThomas4487:
Received same report from CardinalStone. Most Analysts are aligned with this report. That backs my earlier comment that the God of Transcorp will arise next week..... grin grin grin grin

share the link where you got this post from. And do u know transcorp have been moving slowly recently by 0.01
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vivie01(f): 9:19am On Jun 17, 2017
9free:

Vivie, e be like sey na you be chairman of NSE DRYBONES INDEX.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy smiley my brother no be small thing o. During that boom period akl stocks listed in NSE was moving. The oil and gas sector was really booming then. Penny stocks were really making people rich. Japaul oil reached like N14, afroil around N12. Nahco was listed, i think around N5 and it reached around N70 b4 it started coming down ...... like that sha.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Audacius: 9:21am On Jun 17, 2017
jamace:
Some dry bones have risen today after about 8 years in the grave. grin grin

LASACO = N0.52k

CORNERSTONE INSURANCE = N0.51k

Happy investing.

I claim this for Japaul and Afromedia. I hereby solemnly promise not to make such mistake again. I entered when they were already dead thinking I was doing penny stocks hunting. Well, they were part of my lesson. I have been wary of so called penny stocks. Now that I have learnt, can my punishment stop.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by guruvillage: 10:41am On Jun 17, 2017
Statistical Analysis and Data Mining,
Qualitative & Quantitative Research
Training & Research Advisory (Thesis Structure, Dissertation and Research Publication)

Redfox Analytics-- redefining & standardizing the world of modeling, analytics and research with the use of solution engines: SAS, SPSS, Eviews, STATA, Python, R and Excel.
Statistical and Survey Analysis
Biostatistics (Medical Statistics)
Econometrics & Quantitative Risk*
Data Analytics Support*
Commodities Trading & Modeling*
MBA Research guide*
Financial Markets*

redfoxanalytics@yahoo.com
https://redfox3891./

Why me? I have more than 7years+ distinctive experience in data analytics, research methodologies, econometrics and statistical methods.

Landmark? I am a Bachelor's Degree holder in Banking and Quantitative Finance. An expert in the application of STATA, SAS, IBM SPSS, Eviews and Excel in providing solutions.

All supported by extensive skills in data modeling, statistical evaluation and monitoring with international organisations, hypothesis testing, time series and multivariate analysis, descriptive analytics, regression (linear, step-wise and back-ward), correlation and covariance matrix analysis and charting.

Regards,

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 10:59am On Jun 17, 2017
GraceThomas4487:

I have a strong feeling Transcorp will rally sooner than later. It might hit #4.0 if it has a favourable investors sentiment.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 11:13am On Jun 17, 2017
GraceThomas4487:
Please do you have FO? If yes, please sell so it can rally cos i notice you are the one holding the market down..

all d sales were to mop forte oil and guess what, it was the moment i placed order for forte oil about a week and half ago dat forte oil began its climb
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 11:36am On Jun 17, 2017
cool shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 11:56am On Jun 17, 2017
Chibuking81:
I believed that 3 months quite notice from the northern youth to all Igbo living in the north, with the support of their elders and Kano lawmaker,
Couple with Niger/Delter 3 months quite notice given to the northerns to vacate their region in response to the one that was given to the Igbo, are seriously disturbing the market.

This current development will discourage the foreign investors that just regain confidence in the NSEM, and were just coming back to the market.

The bull that was massively going on seem to be on break mode because of this development.

If these issue is not properly handled, I forsee a great disaster visiting the market in August/September this year.

Oga chibuking....No..... the agitation no go hold water....the bull just the drink water......

Transcorp na the stock to watch.....am already loaded here
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 12:28pm On Jun 17, 2017
Chibuking81:
I believed that 3 months quit notice from the northern youth to all Igbo living in the north, with the support of their elders and Kano lawmaker,
Couple with NigerDelter 3 months quit notice given to the northerns to vacate their region in response to the one that was given to the Igbo, are seriously disturbing the market.

This current development will discourage the foreign investors that just regain confidence in the NSEM, and were just coming back to the market.

The bull that was massively going on seem to be on break mode because of this development.

If these issue is not properly handled, I forsee a great disaster visiting the market in August/September this year.
oga this is what u did before d elections

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zhirinovsky: 12:28pm On Jun 17, 2017
Transcorp will rally but it will dip further first, maybe within 1.43 - 1.65.

My opinion though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2386) (2387) (2388) (2389) (2390) (2391) (2392) ... (7787) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bbduty, Streetinvestor2, ositadima1(m), SetrakusRa(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.