Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,807 members, 7,862,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:31 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7787) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11077670 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7784) (7785) (7786) (7787) (7788) (7789) (7790) ... (7818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 8:38pm On May 24
Agbalowomeri:

Na wa o
Chopping alone😂
With the kind red wey person see this week, I deserve am abeg grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:42pm On May 24
Ginalex:

Na menstruation
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 9:01pm On May 24
Enjoy. You need it... grin
Ginalex:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 9:22pm On May 24
CORPORATE ANNOUNCEMENTS

FBNH
40k dividend for each 50k share held.
Qualification date: August 13, 2024
Payment date: August 23, 2024

SMART PRODUCTS
8 kobo dividend for each 50k share held.
Qualification date: 21 June, 2024
Payment date: 31 July, 2024
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 11:07pm On May 24
This FBn guys are not serious .So with this rubbish div you will still collect in almost 3 months time.
I can't believe this stock touched #40 this yr .it is well.I reinvested my uba and okomu div back in uba today at #19.
JB is making me happy BE of #24 plus. Thr won't be emotionally attachments to any stock again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAkpa(m): 11:20pm On May 24
mikeapollo:

What FBNH paid as dividend is too small, but I think it is because they want to conserve funds for recapitalization.

FIrst bank has always being known to pay low dividends, you guys shouldn't be surprised. I gladly divested all my holdings when it rose to 34naira

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 6:19am On May 25
Streetinvestor2:
This FBn guys are not serious .So with this rubbish div you will still collect in almost 3 months time.
I can't believe this stock touched #40 this yr .it is well.I reinvested my uba and okomu div back in uba today at #19.
JB is making me happy BE of #24 plus. Thr won't be emotionally attachments to any stock again

"You may want to reinvest in UBA or some other FUGAZ stocks. Remember that they may start offering rights issues, so keep some of your money available for that, as it may be cheaper to purchase shares through the rights issue.

Although buying more shares now will also increase the number of rights available to you, it's still advisable to keep funds reserved. UBA's rights issue is likely coming soon."

https://nairametrics.com/2024/05/24/i-will-reinvest-100-of-my-dividends-in-right-issues-elumelu-tells-uba-shareholders/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 7:15am On May 25
ositadima1:

"You may want to reinvest in UBA or some other FUGAZ stocks. Remember that they may start offering rights issues, so keep some of your money available for that, as it may be cheaper to purchase shares through the rights issue.

Although buying more shares now will also increase the number of rights available to you, it's still advisable to keep funds reserved. UBA's rights issue is likely coming soon."

https://nairametrics.com/2024/05/24/i-will-reinvest-100-of-my-dividends-in-right-issues-elumelu-tells-uba-shareholders/

Smart move.
Since CBN doesn't want to recognize retained earnings in new recapitalization policy, banks pay them out as dividends while encouraging shareholders to use it to buy more shares through rights issues. A reasonable percentage would come back as 'new capital'.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adinije(f): 8:14am On May 25
ositadima1:

What if buying at RI becomes more expensive than it is at the moment?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 9:05am On May 25
Adinije:
What if buying at RI becomes more expensive than it is at the moment?

May I ask, what is the purpose of this question?

It is common sense that rights issues should be cheaper than the market price at the time of issuance. It is also common sense that the controlling power and therefore the value of a share is automatically reduced by the rights issue, which is reflected in the price. The author of that link estimated a price of 15 naira.

What is your own estimate, sister Adinije?

undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adinije(f): 9:22am On May 25
ositadima1:

May I ask, what is the purpose of this question?

It is common sense that rights issues should be cheaper than the market price at the time of issuance. It is also common sense that the controlling power and therefore the value of a share is automatically reduced by the rights issue, which is reflected in the price. The author of that link estimated a price of 15 naira.

What is your own estimate, sister Adinije?

undecided
What I am asking is "what if the stock price appreciate to maybe 25 for instance. And RI is let say #23. Wouldn't buying now at #19 be better?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:45am On May 25
ositadima1:

Yes I am selling JB for that purpose. I am expecting the RI to come in the range of 1 new for 3 old shares in the first phase of recapitalisation process. I am increasingly to have more RI.I will take up all my rights believing uba can maintain a div of #3 next year .I will equally do same with zenith in anticipation of #4 dividend. I want zenith to come down to #25.If it goes this way,dividend + capital appreciation. It will beat the percentage in the present government long time bond of 20% and inflation if it drops to 25% and below

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 10:33am On May 25
Streetinvestor2:

Dear
Companies especially are in the market trying to raise capital, so most stock prices are inflated ezpecially banks that are trying to match d coupon yield in bonds

When all dis dust settles, I sabi UBA wella for dividend stinginess

Fbnh right now is extremely over priced but its not up to 5 years ago that fbnh begged peopme to enter their bus at sub #4...........If u bought substantial unit during dat period make u sit tight, u just hammered ur first benefit of withering d storm

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 11:24am On May 25
Adinije:
What I am asking is "what if the stock price appreciate to maybe 25 for instance. And RI is let say #23. Wouldn't buying now at #19 be better?

What if the stock price falls to that 15 naira level? Is that not possible in this market?

You are asking me with a bias (aka emotions), while I am conversing with you with an open mind. If you think that the stock will appreciate or follow your projected scenario, by all means, stock up now.

Go back and read my previous post; I simply suggested taking the rights issue into consideration while buying shares. It was not even a buy alert. undecided

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by linecrosser: 11:26am On May 25
Good day everyone. I'm a young girl, a little over 30. I want to start investing in stocks but I don't even know how to start. Pls is there any book, platform where I can learn from. Please help your sister o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 11:44am On May 25
linecrosser:
Good day everyone. I'm a young girl, a little over 30. I want to start investing in stocks but I don't even know how to start. Pls is there any book, platform where I can learn from. Please help your sister o

Get in touch with the contact on my signature for baby steps on how to start.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 11:57am On May 25
linecrosser:

Here's an outline of what I think is required to start successfully investing in stocks:

I. Develop a Basic Understanding of the Stock Market
A. Learn about different types of financial instruments (stocks, treasury bills, FGN savings bonds, Sukuk, etc.)
B. Understand how the stock market works (buying, selling, trading)
C. Learn about stock exchanges (NGX)

II. Open a Brokerage Account
A. Choose between the various online brokerage platforms (Morgan Capital Securities Limited, Investment One, Meristem, United Capital, Stanbic IBTC Stock Brokers, etc.)
B. Complete the account opening process (provide personal information, fund the account)
C. Familiarize yourself with the trading platform and tools

III. Set Investment Goals
A. Determine your investment horizon (short-term, long-term)
B. Establish your risk tolerance (conservative, moderate, aggressive)
C. Define your investment objectives (income, growth, speculation, etc.)

IV. Conduct Research and Analysis
A. Learn about fundamental analysis (studying a company's financials)
B. Understand technical analysis (studying price trends and patterns)
C. Identify industries and sectors of interest

V. Develop an Investment Strategy
A. Decide on an investment style (value investing, growth investing, etc.)
B. Determine asset allocation (stocks, bonds, cash, etc.)
C. Decide on portfolio diversification (across sectors, industries, instruments, etc.)

VI. Practice and Gain Experience
A. Start with a small amount of capital
B. Monitor and adjust your strategy as needed

VII. Manage and Monitor Your Portfolio
A. Regularly review and rebalance your portfolio
B. Stay updated on market news and company developments

VIII. Continuous Learning and Improvement
A. Read financial publications, books, and online resources
B. Follow this thread
C. Learn from experienced investors and mentors

This outline is presented in no particular order, and use it to post specific questions on this thread. Good luck on your investment journey. wink

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Stan2330(m): 12:10pm On May 25
linecrosser:

Read Warren buffet and interpretation of financial statements
2 Intelligent investor
3 Security analysis by Benjamin graham

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 12:21pm On May 25
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 12:38pm On May 25
ositadima1:

What if the stock price falls to that 15 naira level? Is that not possible in this market?

You are asking me with a bias (aka emotions), while I am conversing with you with an open mind. If you think that the stock will appreciate or follow your projected scenario, by all means, stock up now.

Go back and read my previous post; I simply suggested taking the rights issue into consideration while buying shares. It was not even a buy alert. undecided
Any thing #20 and below is buy alert for me for a company that can sustain #3 div.At #15 will be accumulate. I have been long enough in the market to never make some mistakes or pay unnecessary school fees.
The emotional attachments to any stock is what I have to let go.Hence once I see the opportunity I rebalance my portfolio to whr I stand to gain more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:07pm On May 25
Streetinvestor2:
Any thing #20 and below is buy alert for me for a company that can sustain #3 div.At #15 will be accumulate. I have been long enough in the market to never make some mistakes or pay unnecessary school fees.
The emotional attachments to any stock is what I have to let go.Hence once I see the opportunity I rebalance my portfolio to whr I stand to gain more

Very soon, right issues will be flying here and there. If they price them well, it will be a good opportunity to increase shares, hopefully at a cheaper price. Based on my earlier analysis, I think some banks will maintain their dividends even after the upcoming share dilution. Here is the one from FCMB.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SetrakusRa(m): 1:45pm On May 25
ositadima1:

Very soon, right issues will be flying here and there. If they price them well, it will be a good opportunity to increase shares, hopefully at a cheaper price. Based on my earlier analysis, I think some banks will maintain their dividends even after the upcoming share dilution. Here is the one from FCMB.

Very smart move. Other banks should emulate this.

CBN better allow banks to pay massive dividends this period, or even approve a special dividend from banks grin

Would rebalance my portfolio to overweight in tier-1 banks (Access, UBA & GTCO?). The next 12-18 months would be interesting.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 3:32pm On May 25
IB closing price and RI is the same.The management will know that shareholders are not fools.They should use thr money to buy all the RI.A company I have never benefited a kobo since I bought it want me to take up RI of over 40M.When village people no dey my case

If anyone is interested let me know.i am not taking mine

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 5:30pm On May 25
SetrakusRa:

Very smart move. Other banks should emulate this.

CBN better allow banks to pay massive dividends this period, or even approve a special dividend from banks grin

Would rebalance my portfolio to overweight in tier-1 banks (Access, UBA & GTCO?). The next 12-18 months would be interesting.

Zenith wa nko ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 6:01pm On May 25
Papamrs:
I am new to this stock thing, I will like to buy , have downloaded Bamboo app,
which stock can I invest ?
Is 20k ok to invest?
...since you are new to "stock thing", you don't need any broker or any app for now. What is needed first is education. Equip yourself with neccesary knowledge to succed.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 6:12pm On May 25
linecrosser:
Brilliant question?
In addition to other contributors, find time to read this thread. Check which of these 2 methods suite your personality? Is it:

1. Fundamental analysis
2. Technical analysis

These 2 are commongly discussed here. After making the decision, you could ask the question which book or platform could be recommended for you.

Best of luck.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SetrakusRa(m): 6:30pm On May 25
SonofElElyonRet:

Zenith wa nko ?

I don't like their 63B OS. Don't know how they can sustain 4 naira dividend with such.

Even though they might cancel any unissued shares after the capital programme thereby reducing the OS, but DS/Nascon has taught me to invest with information I know for a fact & not hope for. grin

I might jump in at 26 & below.

For now, I'll concentrate on Access & UBA, and prepare some funds to take up my rights, rather than water it down on all banks.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jadyclem(m): 7:06pm On May 25
Please chairmen in the house, I'm trying to switch from trove app to a real stock broker (Morgan capital), but they're asking for one document I don't understand...

Please, which document is called signature document?

Am I suppose to sign my signature on a piece of paper, snap and upload?

Please, can someone that has successfully registered with Morgan capital let me know the type of document that's signature document?

Thanks in anticipation of your response
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 9:04pm On May 25
Firstly, I suggest you reply the email you received and ask for more clarification.

Their explanation will shed some light.. wink
jadyclem:
Please chairmen in the house, I'm trying to switch from trove app to a real stock broker (Morgan capital), but they're asking for one document I don't understand...

Please, can someone that has successfully registered with Morgan capital let me know the type of document that's signature document?

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:33pm On May 25
jadyclem:

I don't know why they are asking for it.You get that from your bank and you pay for it.It is confirmation of your signature
It is called signature specimen

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jerekre(m): 10:53pm On May 25
Stan2330:

Read Warren buffet and interpretation of financial statements
2 Intelligent investor
3 Security analysis by Benjamin graham
Don't you think a book of over 700 pages written in a dry academic style is a bit too much especially for a beginner?
I've not been able to finish the book for over 10 years grin. Just imagine a book with over 200 pages of bond analysis shocked

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7784) (7785) (7786) (7787) (7788) (7789) (7790) ... (7818) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Babynerd, Mpeace(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.