Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,572 members, 7,847,396 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:49 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2504) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11015830 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2501) (2502) (2503) (2504) (2505) (2506) (2507) ... (7798) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 5:34am On Jul 31, 2017
MONTH OF AUGUST BEGS FOR CAUTION
I have shown the table below many times and I will show it again today. It shows the number of times (in percentage) NSE ASI was bullish (rise) compared to when it was bearish (fall) in critical months May - August between 2002 and 2016. As we know NSE is just recovering from the 2008 stock market crunches, but before that from 2002 to 2007 was the prosperous period for the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

In the month of August between 2002 and 2016, NSE ASI rises just 4 times equivalent to 27% and falls for the remaining 11 times. During the bullish period of 2002 - 2007 (6 years), NSE rises in August 3 times. However, during the crisis witnessed between 2008 - 2016 NSE rises just once (11%) in the same month!

Statistically, from the available data, month of August by and large favours bear more than bull. However, this doesn't mean some stocks will not rise, but most stocks decline in the month of August.

What we can draw from this is that if there is any stock out there we plan to buy, we should be cautious with our investment/trading.

PLAN YOUR TRADE AND TRADE YOUR PLAN
grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:47am On Jul 31, 2017
BullBearMkt IS BACK . Thanks for your Analysis

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 7:20am On Jul 31, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Can you please share some of the lessons you learnt. Hope you didn't lose money?
Very simple. I didn't sell my stocks when the current recession (now coming to an end) was imminent.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 7:26am On Jul 31, 2017
holm:
Pluto,

Do you find this acceptable (in accounting at least), that a company will not state, the tax paid in Q1-Q3 2016 and disclose such in full at FY2016?
I noticed this in NPF.

Ah ah, may be it is because they are police. lol.
Honestly, I dont know if that is acceptable or not in accounting as I am not an accountant. The accountants in the house can help us out.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 7:30am On Jul 31, 2017
BullBearMkt:
MONTH OF AUGUST BEGS FOR CAUTION
I have shown the table below many times and I will show it again today. It shows the number of times (in percentage) NSE ASI was bullish (rise) compared to when it was bearish (fall) in critical months May - August between 2002 and 2016. As we know NSE is just recovering from the 2008 stock market crunches, but before that from 2002 to 2007 was the prosperous period for the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

In the month of August between 2002 and 2016, NSE ASI rises just 4 times equivalent to 27% and falls for the remaining 11 times. During the bullish period of 2002 - 2007 (6 years), NSE rises in August 3 times. However, during the crisis witnessed between 2008 - 2016 NSE rises just once (11%) in the same month!

Statistically, from the available data, month of August by and large favours bear more than bull. However, this doesn't mean some stocks will not rise, but most stocks decline in the month of August.

What we can draw from this is that if there is any stock out there we plan to buy, we should be cautious with our investment/trading.

PLAN YOUR TRADE AND TRADE YOUR PLAN
grin grin grin grin grin

Please can you help with me with the NSE WINNING PERCENTAGE of September, October, November and December, from 2008 to Date.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 7:35am On Jul 31, 2017
@ Zendi, Really? I go try restructure my analysis business be that grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 7:45am On Jul 31, 2017
@ Prof, these are my findings on dangote flour and the noddle bussiness;

.The noodles bussiness has not been sold as at june 2017
.It represents a small fraction of the DF group with a contribution of about 1.4% to the turnover
.The operation of the noodles section resulted in a loss of about N400m as at q2

My conclusion,
the management will be happy to give out the noodles bussiness for free just to plug the hole and as such i am not expecting any major windfall in term of cash from disposing off the noodles segment.
You will do well to discount this in your evaluation of what you expect from the company.It is better to have a positive suprise than a negative one.

Wish you a very bullish week! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 7:46am On Jul 31, 2017
pluto09:

Ah ah, may be it is because they are police. lol.
Honestly, I dont know if that is acceptable or not in accounting as I am not an accountant. The accountants in the house can help us out.

If I could hazard a guess, I'd say it is acceptable though not ideal. Companies may chose to defer payable tax. In this case, NPFMFB chooses to defer it's tax obligations till the final quarter. Also, tax quoted in unaudited quarterly results may not correlate to year end tax payable. There may be over-payment or under-payment in the quarterlies. In fact, a company may underpay tax in the quarter to make margins look good until the result is audited.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 7:51am On Jul 31, 2017
Manonamission:

If I could hazard a guess, I'd say it is acceptable though not ideal. Companies may chose to defer payable tax. In this case, NPFMFB chooses to defer it's tax obligations till the final quarter. Also, tax quoted in unaudited quarterly results may not correlate to year end tax payable. There may be over-payment or under-payment in the quarterlies. In fact, a company may underpay tax in the quarter to make margins look good until the result is audited.

You explanation makes sense. Thanks!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nennin(m): 8:33am On Jul 31, 2017
good morning sir, @BullBearMKT pls if i study PRICE ACTIONS very well and make my analysis in any particular forex pairs out of five (5) attempt can three (3) come out positive?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 8:34am On Jul 31, 2017
pluto09:

.It represents a small fraction of the DF group with a contribution of about 1.4% to the turnover
.The operation of the noodles section resulted in a loss of about N400m as at q2

My conclusion,
the management will be happy to give out the noodles bussiness for free just to plug the hole and as such i am not expecting any major windfall in term of cash from disposing off the noodles segment.
You will do well to discount this in your evaluation of what you expect from the company.It is better to have a positive suprise than a negative one.

I thot Dangote Noddles have been sold to those Indomie guys as at April 2017....Dufil

http://www.financialnigeria.com/dangote-sells-noodles-business-to-maker-of-indomie-news-1247.html
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 8:39am On Jul 31, 2017
BullBearMkt:

...@mercylicious234 I want to take exception at your statement above. All my potential entry plans were posted here ahead of taking the trades. When I joined the forum, I even posted my exit points, but I later tot different people have different profit or loss targets, that is why I stopped given profit or loss target. My philosophy of life is that "the sky is too wide for birds to freely fly without hindering one another" - which may be different from your own perspective of things.

As posted earlier today on Dangote Sugar, if price comes to the highlighted area, on Monday or Tuesday this week, by His grace, I'll be in except my order is not triggered.

#PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH
grin grin grin grin grin

Broda u nailed it perfectly

abt 7b pple in the world. if we are all propelled up to touch the sky at the same time we would all leave our ten fingers as a print on the sky and there would still be the size of the Pacific ocean left untouched.

what drive humans are base thinking (which u term as perspective). our decision and actions are derivatives of our perspective.

i believe the opportunities out there is so vast (and inexhaustible) that i dont need to pull anybody down (or deny them of their share) to achieve mine.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 8:41am On Jul 31, 2017
For those in haste to make money.

Remember School resumption is just 6wks away and September marks the beginning of academic year which often put stock market under intense pressure dues to school fees payment etc.

So DONT be in HASTE to LOSE your HARD EARN MONEY wait till 3rd and 4th week of Sept when the coast is clear to get a BETTER BARGAIN.

*ThE OcToPuS*

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 8:45am On Jul 31, 2017
PETERiCHY:

Remember School resumption is just 6wks away and September marks the beginning of academic year which often put stock market under intense pressure dues to school fees payment etc.

So DONT be in HASTE to LOSE your HARD EARN MONEY wait till 3rd and 4th week of Sept when the coast is clear to get a BETTER BARGAIN.

*ThE OcToPuS*
Great wisdom

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 9:02am On Jul 31, 2017
Nigeria’s Mutual Fund Assets Hit N300b Mark First Time Ever
www.businesspost.ng/2017/07/31/nigerias-mutual-fund-assets-hit-n300b-mark-first-time-ever/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 9:08am On Jul 31, 2017
nennin:
good morning sir, @BullBearMKT pls if i study PRICE ACTIONS very well and make my analysis in any particular forex pairs out of five (5) attempt can three (3) come out positive?
...good morning sir. It is possible, however, what will make the difference (or the most important thing) is your risk mgt and ability to put your emotions under control
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 9:09am On Jul 31, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 9:24am On Jul 31, 2017
Chibuking81:

Please can you help with me with the NSE WINNING PERCENTAGE of September, October, November and December, from 2008 to Date.
Thanks in anticipation.
...I wish I could, but will not be chanced immediately. If you don't mind at my own time. Cheers.
grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 9:38am On Jul 31, 2017
PETERiCHY:

*ThE OcToPuS*
Note that this advice is only for short-term investors and those urgently in need of money.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:55am On Jul 31, 2017
Fidelity bank did extremely well this time last year, just as fcmb. As we await their H1 2017 result, what are ur expectations. Would they do well or would their result be like that of fcmb. In other words should one sell or hold until the result shows up.
Fellow newbies, answers to this, is not a buy or sell recommendation, just a sampling of opinions.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 31, 2017
Mpeace:
Fidelity bank did extremely well this time last year, just as fcmb. As we await their H1 2017 result, what are ur expectations. Would they do well or would their result be like that of fcmb. In other words should one sell or hold until the result shows up.
Fellow newbies, answers to this, is not a buy or sell recommendation, just a sampling of opinions.

Most bank did well last year due to devaluation of the naira or FX..But this year nothing as such...So the different should be clear.my opinion
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nennin(m): 10:01am On Jul 31, 2017
BullBearMkt:

...good morning sir. It is possible, however, what will make the difference (or the most important thing) is your risk mgt and ability to put your emotions under control
grin grin grin grin grin
ok thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:04am On Jul 31, 2017
Tritri:

Most bank did well last year due to devaluation of the naira or FX..But this year nothing as such...So the different should be clear.my opinion
I doubt if that would affect all. Some might still record improvements. Diamond bank for instance recorded a 3% growth in Profit despite the FX issue.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 10:06am On Jul 31, 2017
ANy update on pre-mkt from those with access
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:06am On Jul 31, 2017
FCMB offer loading grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by STNWAUME(m): 10:13am On Jul 31, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

FCMB FAIR VALUE =78kobo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:16am On Jul 31, 2017
pluto09:

My conclusion,

THANKS A MILLION!
I deeply appreciate.
It is well decoded.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:19am On Jul 31, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

same thing happened after Q1 !
Will it break N1 like d other time
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:19am On Jul 31, 2017
FIRST ALUMINIUM NIGERIA PLC UNAUDITED FINANCIAL STATEMENTS FOR THE PERIOD ENDED JUNE 30, 2017 JUNE 2017 JUNE 2016 N'000 N'000 REVENUE:3,278,960 4,473,400 COST OF SALESsad2,868,565) (3,977,640) PROFIT BEFORE TAX:75,005 80,165 PROFIT FOR THE PERIOD: 75,005 80,165 EARNINGS PER SHARE (K)2.4 2.6
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:20am On Jul 31, 2017
fxuser:

Hope it breaks N1
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:21am On Jul 31, 2017
fxuser:

You guys are forgetting that they (FCMB) have got a very active MM....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:22am On Jul 31, 2017
JAIZ BANK PLC UNAUDITED FINANCIAL STATEMENT FOR HALF YEAR PERIOD ENDED 30 JUNE, 2017 JUN 2017 JUNE 2016 N'000 N'000 REVENUE: 3,836,974 2,748,910 COST OF SALES : (586,456) (571,155) PROFIT BEFORE TAX: 470,193 114,040 TAXATION NIL NIL PROFIT FOR THE YEAR: 470,193 114,040 EARNINGS PER SHARE (K) 0.03 0.01 PROPOSED DIVIDEND (K) NIL NIL CLOSURE OF REGISTER: MAY 12 2017 23-27 MAY 2016 AGM DATE: MAY 24 2017 31 MAY 2016 PAYMENT DATE: NIL NIL

(1) (2) (3) ... (2501) (2502) (2503) (2504) (2505) (2506) (2507) ... (7798) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: megawealth01, ositadima1(m), Babynerd, Bimmms, Mills55, ndept and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.