Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,984 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:16 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2538) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11069807 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2535) (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) (2540) (2541) ... (7816) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:33pm On Aug 10, 2017
2zona:

Agreed, the dividend is not juicy may be cos its called interim but i think the whole H1 result is impressive.
Mr Market over to you.

The higher your volume of shares the juicier the dividend earned, UBA should pay an interim dividend higher than the 20k paid last year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 2zona(m): 5:35pm On Aug 10, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Jim Ovia will earn N736.5 million from this 25k dividend.

hhahaha, and u forgot to put ONLY after the million. My brother when you are big, you are big. We will get there one day by His grace.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 2zona(m): 5:39pm On Aug 10, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

The higher your volume of shares the juicier the dividend earned, UBA should pay an interim dividend higher than the 20k paid last year.
True, but at the same time, the higher the volume of shares and the higher the dividend, the juiciest. I pray UBA pays more than 20k.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:40pm On Aug 10, 2017
2zona:

hhahaha, and u forgot to put ONLY after the million. My brother when you are big, you are big. We will get there one day by His grace.

Amen, the guy increased his holdings when Zenith was between N11 and N15
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vivie01(f): 5:41pm On Aug 10, 2017
stcool:

Stock on Offer - more sellers than buyers = Price goes down

Stock on Bid - more buyers than sellers = Price goes up

Think I'll disagree a bit with you here:

Offer = sales (number of units available for sale)
Bid = purchases (number of units buyers are willing to purchase)

More sellers than buyers or more buyers than sellers does not necessarily translate to prices going down or up at all times and in all cases.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vivie01(f): 5:45pm On Aug 10, 2017
Investnow2017:

What is OP
What is FTC

on Nairaland?

OP - Original Poster
FTC - First To Comment
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 5:52pm On Aug 10, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

And this will feel like N736,500.00 to him considering he earrned over N5bn in 2p16 FY final dividend declared!

When you are made, you are made. cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:56pm On Aug 10, 2017
2zona:

True, but at the same time, the higher the volume of shares and the higher the dividend, the juiciest. I pray UBA pays more than 20k.

The highest dividend I earned in 2016 financial year in a decreasing order were from UBA, United Capital, Zenith, Access, Afriprud, First Bank, Red star Express, UACN, CSCS, Friesland WAMCO. Dangote Sugar, Flour Mills Nigeria and NASCON.

Others like Lafarge WAPCO, PZ, Vitaform, C and I, Custodian and Allied paid but were not substantial.

While Afriland Property, UAC property, Dangote flour and WAPIC did not pay dividends.

Skye Bank shares were sold to increase my Lafarge WAPCO holdings.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 5:57pm On Aug 10, 2017
25k/N25 = ?
25k/N10.25 = ?
25k/9.5 = ?
25k/N40.5 = ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:03pm On Aug 10, 2017
OakPearl:

And this will feel like N736,500.00 to him considering he earrned over N5bn in 2p16 FY final dividend declared!

When you are made, you are made. cool

He should remember to pay his tithe if he believes in it, or better still he should establish a Foundation.

Baba Nla Aliko Dangote earned a dividend of N118 billion from Dangote Cement for 2016 financial year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vivie01(f): 6:04pm On Aug 10, 2017
DeRuggedProf:
25k/N25 = ?
25k/N10.25 = ?
25k/9.5 = ?
25k/N40.5 = ?

25k/N10.25 = very good + more value for money in future
25k/N9.5 = the best among the trio + keep your hopes up
25k/N40.5 = better + investors sentiment + seeing beyond current value

I get am? cheesy Make you award mark oooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:08pm On Aug 10, 2017
Cadillac15:

Upon the dumping, the price still stabilized at 7.03 until the last minute sale that i guess came from a fearful NSEMPA member which brought the closing price to 7.00. Wether you like it or not, DF is breaking 10 and you can only feel bad becos you dont have it.

Still heavily loaded and not selling this week except the factory burns down. Willing to place a bet with you that it will close on bid tomorrow, and friday. Pm me if interested. tongue
I for just chop ur money today if only I had cash. I have invested all my cash in some good bargains on NSE. NSE is betting. You must time it and kw when to run away. Lets just hope the analog pple dont push it lower tomorrow, I can already see them going to their brokers place to fill sell mandate form.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 6:16pm On Aug 10, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Amen, the guy increased his holdings when Zenith was between N11 and N15

Guess this is why the spread btw GTB had widened over the last 12 - 18 month
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2017
Mpeace:
I for just chop ur money today if only I had cash. I have invested all my cash in some good bargains on NSE. NSE is betting. You must time it and kw when to run away. Lets just hope the analog pple dont push it lower tomorrow, I can already see them going to their brokers place to fill sell mandate form.

good bargain why cant i find any today?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 7:14pm On Aug 10, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Did you know the time he start it ? just as you are doing it now . if he is one of the jijo masters he cant earn #736.5 million now . one love .

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 7:36pm On Aug 10, 2017
@ Intendy, i sight you o grin
where art though been
we really miss you angry
Hope all is well grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 10, 2017
@emmanuelewumi

You mean you've bought dangflour since last year ? and u never sold yet even at almost 70% increase ? if i may ask WHY? how do u deal with lose of paper profit ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:59pm On Aug 10, 2017
Tritri:
@emmanuelewumi

You mean you've bought dangflour since last year ? and u never sold yet even at almost 70% increase ? if i may ask WHY?

I bought for the first time in July 2016 for between N4 and N4.60.

After the AGM in May 2017 a friend who is a member of the audit committee advised me to increase my holdings because of what was cooking in the company. That was why I bought additional 100k units in June 2017.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 10, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

I bought for the first time in July 2016 for between N4 and N4.60.

After the AGM in May 2017 a friend who is a member of the audit committee advised me to increase my holdings because of what was cooking in the company. That was why I bought additional 100k units in June 2017.

I see ! Wish I could be dis patience
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 8:17pm On Aug 10, 2017
Tritri:

The patient ones in Skye are not smiling... grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 8:19pm On Aug 10, 2017
vivie01:

25k/N10.25 = very good + more value for money in future
25k/N9.5 = the best among the trio + keep your hopes up
25k/N40.5 = better + investors sentiment + seeing beyond current value

I get am? cheesy Make you award mark oooo

Lol,,,,, grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:22pm On Aug 10, 2017
DeRuggedProf:

I sold Skye after waiting for 2 years, you can't be right all the time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:27pm On Aug 10, 2017
Tritri:

That means you can't take a loan to take position in the market.

Make you no go develop high blood pressure over a game that ought to give you prosperity and a of mind at old age.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 8:34pm On Aug 10, 2017
DeRuggedProf:

grin..Nse

Just rembrn ,,Habib, oceanic, daar com , intercont, Fin bank...all gone

Skye

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:41pm On Aug 10, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

I sold Skye after waiting for 2 years, you can't be right all the time.
Yes but if you are with that your stocks that pay dividend no problem . It is only the time you sell you make profit or not, oga tritri one thing that make me like NSE is your unit is your unit if the stock like let it go up or down .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 9:24pm On Aug 10, 2017
Mpeace:

You won. But still not selling cos i entered for long term. Nse is a very funny place. Noticed the bids were static at 10m and nobody was doing anything about it. Then just to wake the MM, I donated 4m units at the highest offer price to increase the bid to 14m. The MM woke up immediately grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 9:45pm On Aug 10, 2017
pluto09:
@ Intendy, i sight you o grin where art though been we really miss you angry Hope all is well grin grin grin
I have some issues that need focused intervention and i'll be done soon. Thank you all.I appreciate.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 9:48pm On Aug 10, 2017
Intendy:

I have some issues that need focused intervention and i'll be done soon. Thank you all.I appreciate.
ONE LOVE .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2017
vivie01:

OP - Original Poster
FTC - First To Comment

Thanks. My questions have served their purpose cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2017
rebekah2011:
The results is poor compared to last year. Impairment up.

Above 100% increase in PAT is poor. Locodemy Bank's result will have to be described as a disaster, if Zenith has a poor result.

On a second look, by annualising the H1 to FY, the increase in PAT is 17%.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2017
holm:

Above 100% increase in PAT is poor. Locodemy Bank's result will have to be described as a disaster, if Zenith has a poor result.
In my own opinion, zenith result is more than good. It is excellent. I think they can pay up to 4 naira dividend at year end. Their EPS of 240k which more than doubles last years 113k appears too good for the current price. They could well do 500k by year end, all things being equal. Zenith is good at even 40naira per share. My fear is GTB. Can they justify their own current price?
With this result one would ordinarilly expect zenith to be on full bid tomorrow, but market get him own mind.
Disclaimer: I have no Zenith in my portfolio and do not intend to buy. My pocket can only afford penny shares like FBNH.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by davide470(m): 11:40pm On Aug 10, 2017
Mpeace:
In my own opinion, zenith result is more than good. It is excellent. I think they can pay up to 4 naira dividend at year end. Their EPS of 240k which more than doubles last years 113k appears too good for the current price. They could well do 500k by year end, all things being equal. Zenith is good at even 40naira per share. My fear is GTB. Can they justify their own current price?
With this result one would ordinarilly expect zenith to be on full bid tomorrow, but market get him own mind.
Disclaimer: I have no Zenith in my portfolio and do not intend to buy. My pocket can only afford penny shares like FBNH.
Funny when i see people trying to stipulate a company's dividend trend based on their EPS.

Even if Zenith makes 500bn profit FY 17, nothing would change in the 1.75/1.77 Final Div.

If you don't want, sell, someone will always buy.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2535) (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) (2540) (2541) ... (7816) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ojeysky(m), eziokwunwoko(m), teejay1334(m), gare2510(m), Streetinvestor2, jideflash(m), BigBashiru and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.