Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10970564 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) (2540) (2541) (2542) ... (7781) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 11:41pm On Aug 10, 2017
Tritri:

good bargain why cant i find any today?
So you didn't see UBA
Just wait till the result is out. grin
I might be wrong.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 11:52pm On Aug 10, 2017
Mpeace:
In my own opinion, zenith result is more than good. It is excellent. I think they can pay up to 4 naira dividend at year end. Their EPS of 240k which more than doubles last years 113k appears too good for the current price. They could well do 500k by year end, all things being equal. Zenith is good at even 40naira per share. My fear is GTB. Can they justify their own current price?
With this result one would ordinarilly expect zenith to be on full bid tomorrow, but market get him own mind.
Disclaimer: I have no Zenith in my portfolio and do not intend to buy. My pocket can only afford penny shares like FBNH.
You can afford any share you want if you stop looking at the number of units you will buy.
Someone that bought 1unit if nestle @1000 last week will be on over 200 profit while the person that bought 600 units of unity bank with the same amount will be on less than 50 profit. Always look at the potential increase in price and not the number of units you can buy. grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 11:57pm On Aug 10, 2017
leo1234:

You can afford any share you want if you stop looking at the number of units you will buy.
Someone that bought 1unit if nestle @1000 last week will be on over 200 profit while the person that bought 600 units of unity bank with the same amount will be on less than 50 profit. Always look at the potential increase in price and not the number of units you can buy. grin

I think Mpeace is just joking,,, he knows grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EchoLima262: 12:17am On Aug 11, 2017
leo1234:

I think its just psychological. One feels better with 100 units rather than 20 units of anything. Its only when the returns become apparent that you begin to feel hard done by. Could well have bought 3000 units Dangote Cement @ N160 two months ago but bought 100K units each @1.27 of FCMB, Diamond and Fidelity. See where I am now cry cry[color=#000000][/color]!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by flexshop(m): 12:20am On Aug 11, 2017
leo1234:

My brother, you are correct but no matter how hard some of us try and no matter the amount of money we have, we are wired to avoid those big priced stocks. Have always been a penny stock person because the moment I buy any stock worth more than 150, psychologically, to sell go hard.my investment genius locks out my profit taking greed.

Since I bought nestle and dang cement, I have not gotten myself to sell and I hate the feeling of entrapment tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 12:24am On Aug 11, 2017
Zenith had a good result... if they can maintain or improve on this kind of result N50 is not far to reach for them.
with current result,, investors that use to anticipate will start loading on d believe that zenith will repeat or improve on Q2 report and if mkt think same way price will start moving up from 2day and by the time the Q3 or Audited report comes out. Mkt already fully or partly factor in price grin grin

For those that use to buy base on what they see "current report" and if mkt feels the same price will just be in ranging ,, a move up or down but not too far from currentprice which is rightly value grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 2:05am On Aug 11, 2017
EchoLima262:

I think its just psychological. One feels better with 100 units rather than 20 units of anything. Its only when the returns become apparent that you begin to feel hard done by. Could well have bought 3000 units Dangote Cement @ N160 two months ago but bought 100K units each @1.27 of FCMB, Diamond and Fidelity. See where I am now cry cry[color=#000000][/color]!!

The important thing is to learn from our mistakes.
Why keep both fidelity and FCMB in your portfolio when you can sell one and buy UBA that has 90% chance of paying interim dividend. Even if the price of UBA falls you still have your dividend.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 2:08am On Aug 11, 2017
currentprice:

I think Mpeace is just joking,,, he knows grin

You never can tell. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 2:14am On Aug 11, 2017
leo1234:

The important thing is to learn from our mistakes.
Why keep both fidelity and FCMB in your portfolio when you can sell one and buy UBA that has 90% chance of paying interim dividend. Even if the price of UBA falls you still have your dividend.

If he must sell, please make sure it's Locodemy bank(FCMB). This is based on EPS,ROE and other metrics only.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:57am On Aug 11, 2017
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:27am On Aug 11, 2017
leo1234:

I am very serious. I actually look at percentage increase in price(capital appreciation) than actual increase, and that is why I go for penny stocks. For instance, I bought FBNH at 2.97 earlier this year and at that time Zenith was 15naira. FBNH has done 8naira today which is over 150% increase(its present price of 6.3 is even over 100%more than what I bought) Zenith has not done up to 30naira (100%)since then. So if I invested 1000 in both zenith and fbnh I would have over 2500 from fbnh and less than 1900 from zenith(even with dividend) . Other penny stocks like transcorp, Diamond bank, Fidelity, fidson etc have done similarly by increasing from below 70kobo to over 1.50naira giving excellent returns of over 100%. That is what penny stocks do. And its better to check in percentage return than actual amount. If Nestle and Fidelity both give similarly excellent results, the highest appreciation for nestle might be to go from current price (eg 1150) to 2000. Fidelity can easily go from current price(eg 1.3) to 3naira(like fidson) thereby giving a higher % return. So if you invested 1500 in both, nestle might give you 2000 while fidelity gives 3000.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vivie01(f): 6:30am On Aug 11, 2017
holm:

If he must sell, please make sure it's Locodemy bank(FCMB). This is based on EPS,ROE and other metrics only.
grin grin cheesy wink I laugh in Spanish. Ladi needs to hear this. You for say this wen Loco dey around and see whether 3 pages go dey enough for you to argue and explain yourself out. cheesy You no go injure person with laughter ....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:33am On Aug 11, 2017
That is why I used FBNH as an eg. If FBNH gives the kind of result Zenith just posted, it can move from its current price of 6 to as much as 12 or even 15 naira thereby giving 100% or more in return. But Zenith can hardly move from current 25naira to over 40naira ie about 60% increase. The same applies to Nestle.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vivie01(f): 6:52am On Aug 11, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vivie01(f): 6:53am On Aug 11, 2017
@Mpeace, both big and penny stocks are good but big ones are better placed and better advantaged over small ones depending on the perspective you are looking at it.

You said that because that's what is working for you and yes, you are right but penny stocks reversal could be disastrous. Wetin I know self. You just wait till the big boys with big stocks will give you analysis on this.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:04am On Aug 11, 2017
davide470:
Funny when i see people trying to stipulate a company's dividend trend based on their EPS.

Even if Zenith makes 500bn profit FY 17, nothing would change in the 1.75/1.77 Final Div.

If you don't want, sell, someone will always buy.

Same thing with GTB, as a matter of fact Zenith paid a higher dividend in 2016 compared to GTB.

GTB paid an interim dividend of 25k and a final dividend of N1.75k, while Zenith paid an interim dividend of 25k and a final dividend of N1.77k.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 8:15am On Aug 11, 2017
Intendy:

I have some issues that need focused intervention and i'll be done soon.
Thank you all.I appreciate.

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 8:22am On Aug 11, 2017
There is nothing to argue about whether penny or blue-chip stocks...Everybody should stick to what floats their boat, period!

As an investor, three factors are critical that you must know;

1. Objective- what is your investment objective? Why are you investing in either capital or money market. This will also influence your return objective.

2. Risk Identity- where do you stand when it comes to risk? Are you a risk seeker, risk averse or risk neutral. Any of this will influence your objective, investment strategy and horizon...Yours truly belongs to the first category grin

3. Exit Strategy- there is nothing like methuselah in investment. Set your harvest period regardless of your investment horizon and emotional attachment to a stock. Be ready to follow trends, analyse and evaluate economic conditions, and carryout top-down and bottom-up analysis as vital ingredients to taking sound decision on your portfolio.

TGIF.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bestidafa(m): 8:40am On Aug 11, 2017
Mpeace:
I am very serious. I actually look at percentage increase in price(capital appreciation) than actual increase, and that is why I go for penny stocks. For instance, I bought FBNH at 2.97 earlier this year and at that time Zenith was 15naira. FBNH has done 8naira today which is over 150% increase(its present price of 6.3 is even over 100%more than what I bought) Zenith has not done up to 30naira (100%)since then. So if I invested 1000 in both zenith and fbnh I would have over 2500 from fbnh and less than 1900 from zenith(even with dividend) . Other penny stocks like transcorp, Diamond bank, Fidelity, fidson etc have done similarly by increasing from below 70kobo to over 1.50naira giving excellent returns of over 100%. That is what penny stocks do. And its better to check in percentage return than actual amount. If Nestle and Fidelity both give similarly excellent results, the highest appreciation for nestle might be to go from current price (eg 1150) to 2000. Fidelity can easily go from current price(eg 1.3) to 3naira(like fidson) thereby giving a higher % return. So if you invested 1500 in both, nestle might give you 2000 while fidelity gives 3000.

Absolutely!!! Well said Mpeace.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbuego: 8:41am On Aug 11, 2017
Coolcash1:
There is nothing to argue about whether penny or blue-chip stocks...Everybody should stick to what floats their boat, period!

1. Objective- what is your investment objective? Why are you investing in either capital or money market. This will also influence your return objective.

2. Risk Identity- where do you stand when it comes to risk? Are you a risk seeker, risk averse or risk neutral. Any of this will influence your objective, investment strategy and horizon...Yours truly belongs to the first category grin

3. Exit Strategy- there is nothing like methuselah in investment. Set your harvest period regardless of your investment horizon and emotional attachment to a stock. Be ready to follow trends, analyse and evaluate economic conditions, and carryout top-down and bottom-up analysis as vital ingredients to taking sound decision on your portfolio.

TGIF.

Cadbury plc can be adduced as a good case study here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 8:43am On Aug 11, 2017
Mpeace:

We saying the same thing. grin
Don't buy because it looks cheap but look at the potential.
My major holding right now is ci leasing. I bought because I saw the potential increase and not because it was cheap.
I don't agree with you that blue chips can't give 100% returns. Last year when nestle was 600 people were shouting that the fair price is 200. grin Don't be surprised when you wake one day and see nestle selling for 3000.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bestidafa(m): 8:44am On Aug 11, 2017
Coolcash1:

TGIF.

Absolutely man. "Everybody should stick to what floats their boat, period!" That's one thing I have learnt in my few months of trading stocks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 10:00am On Aug 11, 2017
All well said, there are traders and there are investors, different methods of analyzing the market.

I learnt over the years that there is nothing as good as buying good companies at cheap price.

reinvestment of dividend and allow time to play itself out. In 2008 NB was as low as N25 after declaration of 1 for 1 i think

100,000 unit as at today is N18m + if you have been reinvesting the dividend you can imaging what that could be.

Dividend is the interest on your capital allow it and allow it compound. In the next few years many of us will be swimming in millions.

Same with OKOMU, GT, Zenith etc.

DangSugar is a stock that has always deliver around 50% every year, buy at 6 sell at 9. If you have been compounding the dividend

and buy more for the past years imaging what will be your worth today.

If things go wrong in Penny stock or sub optimal stocks, you have a bigger risk to contend with, you may lose your investment quickly.

but with optimal stocks, they always rebound or you lose a little.

As good as JIJO is, it brings a lot of headache, but for me I can only Jijo after good results or great news, dont trade rumour or imaginations.

eg OANDO, EVAN.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 10:18am On Aug 11, 2017
Be like say uba no wan come down again
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:18am On Aug 11, 2017
Sincerely impressed with zenith result. It should ordinarily go up today. But market get him own mind. If the market had my type of mind, no body will sell Zenith today. the result is good. But I still prefer Diamond bank.
In other news, Dang Flour on full offer. Not so good for a km10 dream by year end.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 10:23am On Aug 11, 2017
House

Has dangote sugar been adjusted for dividend?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nio68(m): 10:34am On Aug 11, 2017
Mr Market indifferent about Zenith's result ... Access and UBA over to you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nio68(m): 10:34am On Aug 11, 2017
shigidi:
House

Has dangote sugar been adjusted for dividend?

Yep
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 10:38am On Aug 11, 2017
nio68:

Yep

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 10:39am On Aug 11, 2017
Mpeace:
Sincerely impressed with zenith result. It should ordinarily go up today. But market get him own mind. If the market had my type of mind, no body will sell Zenith today. the result is good. But I still prefer Diamond bank.
In other news, Dang Flour on full offer. Not so good for a km10 dream by year end.

Go and look at it again. The journey to 10naira just started now. We dont need fake passengers again cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chunkuli: 11:18am On Aug 11, 2017
pls tell me what your projection for diamond bank is.
Mpeace:

(1) (2) (3) ... (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) (2540) (2541) (2542) ... (7781) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: handsomebolanle, kontrolbuoy(m), ogoo4real, edwardaigb and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.