Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,228 members, 7,860,450 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:11 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7781) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11066863 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7778) (7779) (7780) (7781) (7782) (7783) (7784) ... (7815) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 8:55am On May 21
Streetinvestor2:
Oga leave all this French you are speaking. Total is a French company simply. Nigeria and Africa can only be developed by Africans.This you so called investors that come with thr dollars does not have your country at heart. We know the mess your so called ioc has left concerning the environment in this region they operated. They come to Africa and operate with a standard they can not try in thr parent counties. They take home a larger bulk of money made in those countries and turn the people to slaves. When they go it gives opening for locals. Our survival is not tired to them
We should not politicise everything. Anyone that wants to go can go.Every country has its own security challenge. I still prefer my naija to thr perfect country.

You're the only one that seems to believe Nigeria can be competitive without investments. Even the government you're defending is going out of its way to court investors. Not everything is politics. Engage in arguments without looking for a cheap off-ramp.

So, since locals have been taking over, how have they been treating the environment and how much of the money they make do they share with citizens? Protection of the environment and local interests have to be insured through policies and policy enforcements. If not, even if you give an Ogoni man an oilfield in Ogoniland, you're likely to have the same results. Bro, you need to understand that investments have to be win-win. Why will investors invest if not for the "dividends" they expect from their investments? On our part, our government is to ensure that Nigeria and Nigerians are also benefitting through taxes, jobs, CSR, infrastructure, etc.

Let me break this down for you: Angola, a competing oil producer, is $6 billion (over N6 Trillion) better positioned than Nigeria, in terms of investments. So, your locals need to pull over N6 Trillion of investments to maintain competitive parity. And Total is not the only one. The earlier you understand that the world we live in is highly competitive, the better. And, whether we like it or not, capital usually dictates the tune, even in our little NGX. grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:41am On May 21
handsomebolanle:

Since the passing of the PIB, how well has the local improved the Standards? Instead they pay peanuts and fund their families lifestyle abroad . Some even don’t have a functional company but get contract which is re-contracted up to the 4th party that actually executes it.
As a matter of fact, safety standards have dropped significantly. Everyone wants to cash out quick not investing

Seem you don’t know so much about oil and gas and how this affect us in a country like ours.
And with what you wrote here.You know so much about oil and gas but could not mention the locals in the crude business that are performing bad.It is total that has been pushing the out put presently to 1.3 million and heading to 1.7 Million abi.You can't see the one seplet oando is doing. And what make you think the likes of transcorp can not equally do it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 9:44am On May 21
chillykelly86:

You're the only one that seems to believe Nigeria can be competitive without investments. Even the government you're defending is going out of its way to court investors. Not everything is politics. Engage in arguments without looking for a cheap off-ramp.

So, since locals have been taking over, how have they been treating the environment and how much of the money they make do they share with citizens? Protection of the environment and local interests have to be insured through policies and policy enforcements. If not, even if you give an Ogoni man an oilfield in Ogoniland, you're likely to have the same results. Bro, you need to understand that investments have to be win-win. Why will investors invest if not for the "dividends" they expect from their investments? On our part, our government is to ensure that Nigeria and Nigerians are also benefitting through taxes, jobs, CSR, infrastructure, etc.

Let me break this down for you: Angola, a competing oil producer, is $6 billion (over N6 Trillion) better positioned than Nigeria, in terms of investments. So, your locals need to pull over N6 Trillion of investments to maintain competitive parity. And Total is not the only one. The earlier you understand that the world we live in is highly competitive, the better. And, whether we like it or not, capital usually dictates the tune, even in our little NGX. grin
Interesting discussions!

Both sides have valid points about Total Energies leaving Nigeria. International companies often prioritise profits over local benefits. While Total's departure might seem to be negative, similar situations in Niger and Mali show how foreign exploitation can leave countries in poverty. Local companies, if well-managed, could fill the gap left by international firms, though we all know our own track records in this aspect.
grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 9:51am On May 21
ELLAHLAKES

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:52am On May 21
chillykelly86:

Oga if you are seeing nothing good in the country. You can believe what ever you like.All I know is the reason the so called total is giving is rubbish to me.Every country is facing various security challenges and no policy is permanent. Policies are always work in progress. Or you didn't read the link you shared.
Is it not with the two things total mentioned that seplet is still making huge investment in that sector. Africans are getting wiser with all this white men foreign investors thing that is another form of Modern slavery. Go see what this white investors have turned smaller African countries to.How much is taken back to thr country and what is pushed back to the country with the solid minerals in the arrangements.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:02am On May 21
Ding! wink grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 10:20am On May 21
Streetinvestor2:
Oga if you are seeing nothing good in the country. You can believe what ever you like.All I know is the reason the so called total is giving is rubbish to me.Every country is facing various security challenges and no policy is permanent. Policies are always work in progress. Or you didn't read the link you shared.
Is it not with the two things total mentioned that seplet is still making huge investment in that sector. Africans are getting wiser with all this white men foreign investors thing that is another form of Modern slavery. Go see what this white investors have turned smaller African countries to.How much is taken back to thr country and what is pushed back to the country with the solid minerals in the arrangements.

My arguments for better investment climate doesn't mean I don't see good things about the country. Nigeria's security situation can only be fine to those who are benefitting from the status quo. Every other objective person wants it better. Here you are equating discontent with insecurity to some form of unpatriotism. cheesy

And, policy consistency is not just good for foreign investors but even local investors. Ever wondered why Dangote chose to build his refinery in a free trade zone? That's a local investor, yet wary of Nigeria's policy inconsistencies. Seplat may be doing well in this condition. But I believe they will do better if these impediments weren't there. Nothing stops the government from bringing technocrats together and involving representatives from civil societies, labour, professionals and major political parties and crafting 50-year plans for each sector of importance so that there will be something majority of Nigerians agree on, regardless of the party in power.
I am also in Nigeria and heavily invested here. So, please, put away this your patriotism cloak like patriots must submit to every dung rained on them by their leaders.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 10:52am On May 21
chillykelly86:

My arguments for better investment climate doesn't mean I don't see good things about the country. Nigeria's security situation can only be fine to those who are benefitting from the status quo. Every other objective person wants it better. Here you are equating discontent with insecurity to some form of unpatriotism. cheesy

And, policy consistency is not just good for foreign investors but even local investors. Ever wondered why Dangote chose to build his refinery in a free trade zone? That's a local investor, yet wary of Nigeria's policy inconsistencies. Seplat may be doing well in this condition. But I believe they will do better if these impediments weren't there. Nothing stops the government from bringing technocrats together and involving representatives from civil societies, labour, professionals and major political parties and crafting 50-year plans for each sector of importance so that there will be something majority of Nigerians agree on, regardless of the party in power.
I am also in Nigeria and heavily invested here. So, please, put away this your patriotism cloak like patriots must submit to every dung rained on them by their leaders.
You are right on all you said. I still stand on my very first opinion. That the two reasons from total for thr decisions does not hold water.Even in Ukraine war country. Thr are still foreign investments happening. We have our security challenges and yes we can still do better in that regards. The latest policy for oil and gas is the one just passed. And if any investor sees it as inconsistencies. He can leave

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 1:10pm On May 21
Pifebhor:

Please did ARDOVA pay dividend in 2021? What date was the qualification date?

I was not paid dividend before they delisted

I am unable to confirm if Ardova paid dividend in 2021.
But Oando's case has been very unpleasant...not paying dividend for about 10 years at a stretch.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 1:31pm On May 21
Looking for a firm that cares about the growth of your investment?
Investment One Financial Services does.
Click the third link on my signature to start.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 2:07pm On May 21
MPR Rate now 26.25%
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 2:13pm On May 21
Amaa2019:
Good morning guys,

Please I need information on FGN Savings Bond and if it is presently a good investment option.

Thank you all.

They are available first or second week of each month. Ask your stockbroker. The interest rates are clearly stated so you have to decide if its a good investment option for you.

I am sure more information is available in the TBills thread.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 2:18pm On May 21
Princkez:
ELLAHLAKES

Ellah Lakes needs to get serious. They are yet to generate a single naira of revenue 6 months into the financial year. Ditto for previous years.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 2:19pm On May 21
dapix:
MPR Rate now 26.25%

Na wao
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 2:26pm On May 21
dapix:
MPR Rate now 26.25%

What da f*ck...my best decision was taking profits from this market to invest in real estate!

Treasury bills and stanbic IBTC money market fund to the rescue. Also added FBNH, hoping they can bring some profit! Else na to face TB fully till Q1 2025!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 2:49pm On May 21
dapix:
MPR Rate now 26.25%

This is a terrible time to borrow money...especially consumer loans.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 4:33pm On May 21
dapix:
MPR Rate now 26.25%
...yes, this is both good news and bad news depending on the side you are.

Good news in the sense that:
-CBN uses it to control inflation and stabilise the economy
-common man should see this as positive to combact rising inflation
-it makes government bonds more attractive to local and foreign investors who are looking for better returns.

Bad news for:
-Borrowers from financial institutions because of higher interest rates
-Stock market likely to be affected as many will move money into bonds for higher yields etc

Generally positive for stock traders/investors, as stocks will be cheaper in the long run...
grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Quitmast: 7:42pm On May 21
Mfunkynation:

I don't think there's a need for this question !
what do you want to use it for?
I believe the moment he decided to sell, his parameters for taking profits must have been confirmed and subsequently taking action on whatever that reason may be.

No strategy is 100% perfect, they all have their own cons and pros but persistently, patiently, stubbornly sticking to them for the long haul, they are sure to deliver awesomely.

This is a probabilistic field, no one knows what this or that stock will do next. In all probabilistic fields, those who tends to do well such as investors, football coaches, professional gamblers are usually those that are PROCESS FOCUSED instead of OUTCOME FOCUSED. They find and stick to a process, no matter the disappointment.

Now if he purchase the stock at 1 Naira and sold all back at 1 Naira then the story is totally different.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 7:53pm On May 21

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 9:51pm On May 21
emmasoft:

Looking for a firm that cares about the growth of your investment?
Investment One Financial Services does.
Click the third link on my signature to start.

Why are you placing a hold recommendation on UBA ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 10:32pm On May 21
Manufacturers wail as unsold goods pile up in warehouses – Vanguard
Manufacturers of fast-moving consumer goods, FMCG are in dire agony over the continued rise in unsold goods in their warehouses, a development which would lead to a further significant decline in output level in the sector. The continued rise in unsold goods is caused by two factors namely the rising cost of living and the declining purchasing power of the citizens. Financial Vanguard’s findings show that due to the downturn in the consumers’ disposable income, the stock of unsold goods for manufacturers in the fast-moving consumer good, FMCG, sector of the economy.

This looks like bad news for the stock market.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 10:00am On May 22
Ding grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:03am On May 22
Ding! smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 10:15am On May 22
Transcorp Power dividend just landed grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Pifebhor(f): 10:39am On May 22
Good morning,

Please how did you mandate this transpower stock for Dividend.

I wanted to fill the e-mandate form through the NIBSS portal but TRANSPOWER stock name was not there .

Meristem broker said Transpower name has not been updated yet because they just listed on the stock market.

Now that they have paid Dividend what do I do to get mine?

Raider76:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 10:53am On May 22
Pifebhor:
Good morning,

Please how did you mandate this transpower stock for Dividend.

I wanted to fill the e-mandate form through the NIBSS portal but TRANSPOWER stock name was not there .

Meristem broker said Transpower name has not been updated yet because they just listed on the stock market.

Now that they have paid Dividend what do I do to get mine?

You need to contact Africa Prudential Registrars
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Pifebhor(f): 10:54am On May 22
Please who is their registrar?

Raider76:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 11:35am On May 22
Africa Prudential Registrars...

NB: My friend who uses ARM Securities, got his dividend this morning and he did not fill any e-mandate form. Same with his GTCO dividend.
I think dividend payment is becoming automated with some brokers... wink

Pifebhor:

Please who is their registrar?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 11:41am On May 22
Raider76:

I just got mine too. Shortpaid by N30.40. I've requested for the shortfall grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 11:41am On May 22
Japaul
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 11:42am On May 22
KarlTom:
Ding! smiley

We heard you the first time grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 11:42am On May 22
Big man... grin grin

SonofElElyonRet:

I just got mine too. Shortpaid by N30.40. I've requested for the shortfall grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7778) (7779) (7780) (7781) (7782) (7783) (7784) ... (7815) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 222Martins(m), Agbalowomeri, Princkez, Rori(m), megawealth01, lebuhsi(m), Mpeace(m), Whytehandy, IYGEAL(m) and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.