Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,150 members, 7,860,122 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:10 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2603) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11065268 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2600) (2601) (2602) (2603) (2604) (2605) (2606) ... (7815) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 6:27pm On Sep 19, 2017
swilo:
NSE gurus,

Please, what does it mean when a company closes its register.

If a company is set to close register from 21st to 25th, can I sell my shares on the 21st and still get its dividends or must I wait till after 25th?

Thanks.

If your name enters the company register between 21st to 25th, you will be paid dividend, but after that date you will not get dividend from the company.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 19, 2017
currentprice:

of course he go nowhere. he just added to the number of guest grin
Una no go kill person with laughter here o...
After reading the beautiful report on oando by nairametrics, I came to the conclusion that anyone buying oando has just been sold a lemon as the yanks will say.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 6:33pm On Sep 19, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

If your name enters the company register between 21st to 25th, you will be paid dividend, but after that date you will not get dividend from the company.

Thanks for your response, OBA. Please, can I sell my shares on the 22nd and still have my name in the register?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 6:44pm On Sep 19, 2017
Direct Cash Settlement Will Boost Investors’ Confidence—NSE
https://www.businesspost.ng/2017/09/19/direct-cash-settlement-will-boost-investors-confidence-nse/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 19, 2017
Coolcash1:

Let me sharpen my cutlass then... grin That means FBNH is on end of year sales... grin
No one has come out to tell us about the financial crisis in fbnh.The debt profile of fbnh is rising in geometrical progression while the asset is rising in overvalued arithmetical progression.
The stock is a big disappointment. It is going yo face massive dumping from November /DEC
Value in d region of 2.50 to 3.50
Objective analysis shows dt d bank is now on the rope of asking the federal govt of the north for a bail out on acct of non performing loans

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 6:57pm On Sep 19, 2017
Nairaruky:

No one has come out to tell us about the financial crisis in fbnh.The debt profile of fbnh is rising in geometrical progression while the asset is rising in overvalued arithmetical progression.
The stock is a big disappointment. It is going yo face massive dumping from November /DEC
Objective analysis shows dt d bank is now on the rope of asking the federal govt of the north for a bail out on acct of non performing loans
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 7:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
currentprice:

he deleted his ID yesterday when oando move below N6 grin

But why the deleting, I wonder.
Nsempa has nothing to do with it.
I just hope he does'nt concretise his paper loss by selling off.
Oando remains a magical stock, a crude oil producer after all.
Anything can happen anytime, talking of price spike.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 7:22pm On Sep 19, 2017
Nairaruky:

From where did u get this info. FBNH is not that bad. It has been releasing result, and with not so bad revenue and profit after tax. Some of its NPL should start performing sooner than later. Aitoe for instance which is one of its key oil and gas debtor has recovered greatly, giving hope that its loan would soon be removed from NPLs(same with oando) When these loans are removed, impairments(which has been taking much of the banks profit) will equally reduce, there by increasing the banks profit ratio.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 19, 2017
zendi:

But why the deleting, I wonder.
Nsempa has nothing to do with it.
I just hope he does'nt concretise his paper loss by selling off.
Oando remains a magical stock, a crude oil producer after all.
Anything can happen anytime, talking of price spike.
Pursuing loss in oando is an exercise in futility.
Bad management + politics = bad biz
Oando is heading down to N3.00
U w only be hopeful once a new mgt is in place
The rich and the poor investors in oando are crying no one seems to be listening
Oct 15 to 30th ,oando will be traded at 3.50
Nov. wil witness moderate dumping
Dec will see the highest rate of dumping at 2.5
Buying for the future.. Risky but good

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 7:58pm On Sep 19, 2017
Nairaruky:

Pursuing loss in oando is an exercise in futility.
Bad management + politics = bad biz
Oando is heading down to N3.00
U w only be hopeful once a new mgt is in place
The rich and the poor investors in oando are crying no one seems to be listening
Oct 15 to 30th ,oando will be traded at 3.50
Nov. wil witness moderate dumping
Dec will see the highest rate of dumping at 2.5
Buying for the future.. Risky but good'

Difficult to trust this mgt with their multitude of shell subsediaries and complicated ownership structure.
But Oando price can still spike anytime.
People are stubbornly optimistic on Oando.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 8:22pm On Sep 19, 2017
zendi:

Difficult to trust this mgt with their multitude of shell subsediaries and complicated ownership structure.
But Oando price can still spike anytime.
People are stubbornly optimistic on Oando.

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 8:41pm On Sep 19, 2017
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 9:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bianco1: 9:14pm On Sep 19, 2017
valacious:
https://nairametrics.com/a-corporate-story-on-oando-plc/
I would watch this debacle in the cinemas if it were made into a story. A must read.

If you are in this forum and have not read his article I suggest you do immediately.....it's a must read!!!

Investing is not for the faint hearten...Thank you this forum and Morgan (online trading on NSE)....people be careful investing in the stock market especially the "NSE" if you don't have the time to monitor frequently your investment.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:20pm On Sep 19, 2017
swilo:

Thanks for your response, OBA. Please, can I sell my shares on the 22nd and still have my name in the register?

If you sell all your shares 100% your name will be removed from the register and you won't get dividend.

If you sell part of your shares 50%, your name will remain on the register but, you will only get dividend payment for the 50%.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 11:22pm On Sep 19, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 11:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 11:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Fear catch me, now.

grin

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 3:39am On Sep 20, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 9:09am On Sep 20, 2017
Bianco1:

If you are in this forum and have not read his article I suggest you do immediately.....it's a must read!!!

Investing is not for the faint hearten...Thank you this forum and Morgan (online trading on NSE)....people be careful investing in the stock market especially the "NSE" if you don't have the time to monitor frequently your investment.
What a story!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 9:15am On Sep 20, 2017
kolaish:
What a story!

chai! the story from day one of JAT,,,,,,i enjoy from beginning to d end grin grin....Tritri need to read the story too grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 9:59am On Sep 20, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Your name can't enter a register that is closed. So if it's closed between those dates, it means your name can't enter and leave between those dates.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 10:02am On Sep 20, 2017
swilo:

You can sell on the 22nd. You will get the dividend. Register update won't happen until the end of the closed period i.e 26th when whatever trades that happened while the register was closed would be updated.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:12am On Sep 20, 2017
NSE Banking
- longest pull back since rallly in Q1
- looks like a falling wedge on d daily & weekly
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:19am On Sep 20, 2017
Manonamission:

Your name can't enter a register that is closed. So if it's closed between those dates, it means your name can't enter and leave between those dates.

Well, some registers got just single day closing date i.e 21st, while others got a window days of closing dates i.e 21st to 25th.

For single dates the register is updated the day after closure, i.e 22nd

For multiple the register is updated after the last day i.e 26th

Meaning if you enter within those closing date 21st to 25th you will get dividend payment.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 10:21am On Sep 20, 2017
I thought FCMB will crossover today but it ain't happening. Could it be Sterling supporting it? grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:23am On Sep 20, 2017
Manonamission:
I thought FCMB will crossover today but it ain't happening. Could it be Sterling supporting it? grin grin

cross below N1??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 10:24am On Sep 20, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Well, some registers got just single day closing date i.e 21st, while others got a window days of closing dates i.e 21st to 25th.

For single dates the register is updated the day after closure, i.e 22nd

For multiple the register is updated after the last day i.e 26th

Meaning if you enter within those closing date 21st to 25th you will get dividend payment .

Your deduction is the problem. You won't get dividend payment because you can't even enter a register when it is closed. Imagine submitting an application after a closure date and expecting to be considered.

For corporate action purposes, there's a Qualification date which the day preceding the closure date. You can enter on that date if you wish to be a beneficiary of the dividend or bonus. Example: for the single day closure, you must enter on the 20th.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 10:24am On Sep 20, 2017
fxuser:

cross below N1??

Yes nah. Lol

Lowest trade possible today is N1.01, YET AGAIN....arrgh!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:28am On Sep 20, 2017
Manonamission:

Yes nah. Lol
Lowest trade possible today is N1.01, YET AGAIN....arrgh!

loll
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 10:43am On Sep 20, 2017
Please be informed that Union Bank Plc subscription for its N50 billion right issue which commences on Wednesday, September 20 and closes on October 30, 2017.

Union Banks seeks to offer 12.1 billion new ordinary shares of 50 kobo each @ N4.10 per share and on the basis of five new shares for every seven shares held as at August 21, 2017.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 10:43am On Sep 20, 2017
What is stopping Conoil from paying dividend?
Is there any date in view?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2600) (2601) (2602) (2603) (2604) (2605) (2606) ... (7815) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Agbalowomeri, tijany130(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.