Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2635) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10881431 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2632) (2633) (2634) (2635) (2636) (2637) (2638) ... (7752) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 12:25pm On Oct 11, 2017
Million units per trade @ N0.50 have started raining in SKYEBANK o. What a gwang, my people? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 2:04pm On Oct 11, 2017
Manonamission:
On the Diamond brouhaha, I'm inclined to believe the post from Rebekah2011 about StanbicIBTC offloading 500m units of Diamond on behalf of a client. It is possible the seller has placed a 'Fill or Kill' sale order. In which case, if you don't bid for the exact order size the deal doesn't go through. Any other seller without this condition, will and can jump the queue in this case. Also note that the 500m volume is not placed in a single trade on the floor except via a crossed deal. Could it be that StanbicIBTC couldn't get a willing buyer to cross the volume with?

The bolded appeals to my reasoning.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 2:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 2:16pm On Oct 11, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 2:33pm On Oct 11, 2017
First Registrars finally paid all my outstanding dividend today after so much trouble.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 3:18pm On Oct 11, 2017
Manonamission:
On the Diamond brouhaha, I'm inclined to believe the post from Rebekah2011 about StanbicIBTC offloading 500m units of Diamond on behalf of a client. It is possible the seller has placed a 'Fill or Kill' sale order. In which case, if you don't bid for the exact order size the deal doesn't go through. Any other seller without this condition, will and can jump the queue in this case. Also note that the 500m volume is not placed in a single trade on the floor except via a crossed deal. Could it be that StanbicIBTC couldn't get a willing buyer to cross the volume with?
Over 2billion units of Diamond Bank sold in the past two weeks. If the Story is true then it is clear that it is more than one "investor" selling off. I hope its not a sign of bad result to be released. Moreso, the timing of the sale- it commenced just before the closed period, when results must have been done (and seen by a few)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ekpoma25: 3:32pm On Oct 11, 2017
Mpeace:
Over 2billion units of Diamond Bank sold in the past two weeks. If the Story is true then it is clear that it is more than one "investor" selling off. I hope its not a sign of bad result to be released. Moreso, the timing of the sale- it commenced just before the closed period, when results must have been done (and seen by a few)

shocked shocked shocked

2 billion units ke? How? please show workings. I doubt if its upto a billion in the last one month. Pls show data.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ZikkyChops(m): 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2017
tongue grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Catastrophe: 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2017
Guys please does anyone here trade US stocks from Nigeria? How do you do it and what broker do you use?
I have been learning and following US stock news $XPLR, $IZEA, $HMNY, but top US brokers just don't allow Nigerians open accounts why is this so? Even Ghanians and Zambians can open accounts with the brokers such as [url]tdameritrade.com[/url] and [url]robinhood.com[/url] but not Nigeria. Does anyone know how I can start trading on the US market?
Then again, I won't ask if anyone makes money trading Nigerian stocks, but I know it has to be long term. Trading on the American stock exchange you can day trade and bag a huge profit in a single day infact under an hour. But in terms of day trading, is it profitable? cause I can't see a stock at 20 Naira being profitable in anyway! the volume would have to be pretty large like lets say 10 million for you to make anything of it and that would even be like gambling. And I don't see anything moving Nigerian stocks up like news for example? no site to monitor stocks etc except them pump and dump guys. If it is then like how much do you make day trading minimum? So Am I wrong please is it profitable day trading?

Please the main questions are the ones bolded
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 4:33pm On Oct 11, 2017
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nio68(m): 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2017
Catastrophe:
Guys please does anyone here trade US stocks from Nigeria? How do you do it and what broker do you use?
I have been learning and following US stock news $XPLR, $IZEA, $HMNY, but top US brokers just don't allow Nigerians open accounts why is this so? Even Ghanians and Zambians can open accounts with the brokers such as [url]tdameritrade.com[/url] and [url]robinhood.com[/url] but not Nigeria. Does anyone know how I can start trading on the US market?
Then again, I won't ask if anyone makes money trading Nigerian stocks, but I know it has to be long term. Trading on the American stock exchange you can day trade and bag a huge profit in a single day infact under an hour. But in terms of day trading, is it profitable? cause I can't see a stock at 20 Naira being profitable in anyway! the volume would have to be pretty large like lets say 10 million for you to make anything of it and that would even be like gambling. And I don't see anything moving Nigerian stocks up like news for example? no site to monitor stocks etc except them pump and dump guys. If it is then like how much do you make day trading minimum? So Am I wrong please is it profitable day trading?

You have answered your questions already either rightly or wrongly. Your assumptions are quite untrue and you probably wouldn't learn the NSE with such bias... I used to trade US stocks via Sogotrade but stopped when they stopped accepting Nigerians ( though there are ways around this). I wasn't day trading - didn't have the time + enough TA knowledge to do this. While trade US stocks I still made more money in the NSE may be cos I understood the market better. I did get my fingers burnt a few times trading US stocks but it was money I could afford to loose at the time.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2017
Ekpoma25:

shocked shocked shocked

2 billion units ke? How? please show workings. I doubt if its upto a billion in the last one month. Pls show data.
I dont know how to upload those data but calculate by your sef. Monday they sold over 300mil, yesterday 205mill, today 232mill. Take a look at last week and see.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 4:59pm On Oct 11, 2017
Catastrophe:

How you go take speak action, na by name, this moniker self too much grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 5:27pm On Oct 11, 2017
Over 660m sold in the last 7 trading days
Mpeace:
I dont know how to upload those data but calculate by your sef. Monday they sold over 300mil, yesterday 205mill, today 232mill. Take a look at last week and see.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 5:27pm On Oct 11, 2017
stocks with new 52 week lows
Morrison #0.63k
UPL #2.45k
stocks with new 52 week highs
linkage assurance #0.80k
Nestlé #1233.12k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 5:37pm On Oct 11, 2017
Mpeace:

This is the data for the past one month (not to talk of 2 weeks). It is not up to 2B.

http://www.easykobo.com/HisPcp.aspx?s=diamondbnk

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fantasy7800: 6:27pm On Oct 11, 2017
Please I'd like to know the transaction costs for trading equities on the floor of the NSE. I intend to buy some shares and I'm trying to calculate total cost. Beside the brokerage fee, what other costs do I need to take into account?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 6:44pm On Oct 11, 2017
Intendy:
stocks with new 52 week lows

Morrison #0.63k

UPL #2.45k

stocks with new 52 week highs

linkage assurance #0.80k

Nestlé #1233.12k

NSEMPA don bombard linkage grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jossy26: 7:57pm On Oct 11, 2017
fantasy7800:
Please I'd like to know the transaction costs for trading equities on the floor of the NSE. I intend to buy some shares and I'm trying to calculate total cost. Beside the brokerage fee, what other costs do I need to take into account?
Sec fees - 0.3%
Stamp duty - 0.075%
Cscs alert fee - N4
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2017
FSDH Research:

Ø The current positive macroeconomic developments in the country have reduced the risk inherent in the Nigerian economy. Consequently, the yields on fixed income securities are dropping

Ø The recent efforts of the DMO to restructure the country’s debts is also contributing to the declining yields

Ø The declining yields should prompt the realignment of investors’ portfolios in favour of equity market in search of higher returns

Ø Investors with foreign exchange may also take advantage of the opportunities in some Euro Bonds in the market

Ø A review of the latest Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) report that the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) published for the month of September 2017 shows that economic activities in the manufacturing and non-manufacturing sector continue to strengthen

Ø The Composite Non-Manufacturing Index (CNMI) expanded to 55.3 points in September 2017, from 53.6 points in August 2017

Ø The total capital imported into the Nigerian economy increased to US$1.79bn in Q2, 2017 from US$908mn in Q1, 2017 and US$1.04bn in Q2, 2016

Ø We expect the inflation rate in Nigeria to drop marginally to 15.96% in September 2017 from 16.01% in August 2017

Ø The external reserves is at the highest level since February 2015

Ø The stability in the value of the Naira should attract additional foreign capital, which will increase the external reserves

Ø We expect the positive Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth rate and lower inflation rate to attract more investments to the fixed income securities. Consequently, yields should drop further

Ø We expect the equity market to rally in Q4 2017 especially in December, in line with the historical trend.

International Scene:

Ø The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) released a global growth forecast of 3.5% for 2017 in its monthly report for September 2017

Ø OPEC highlighted that the challenges remain for the global economic growth outlook, mainly related to global political developments and upcoming monetary policy decisions, particularly in the US and the Euro-zone.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fantasy7800: 9:01pm On Oct 11, 2017
jossy26:

Sec fees - 0.3%
Stamp duty - 0.075%
Cscs alert fee - N4
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Catastrophe: 10:00pm On Oct 11, 2017
nio68:

You have answered your questions already either rightly or wrongly. Your assumptions are quite untrue and you probably wouldn't learn the NSE with such bias... I used to trade US stocks via Sogotrade but stopped when they stopped accepting Nigerians ( though there are ways around this). I wasn't day trading - didn't have the time + enough TA knowledge to do this. While trade US stocks I still made more money in the NSE may be cos I understood the market better. I did get my fingers burnt a few times trading US stocks but it was money I could afford to loose at the time.
That's the problem they all stopped accepting Nigerians and I just haven't found any broker that accepts us! How do I go around it?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 10:02pm On Oct 11, 2017
To the charges add brokerage : 0.25% to 1.35% depending on stockbroker
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:06am On Oct 12, 2017
I have 3 Treasury Bills investment that will mature on 19th October, which stocks can one invest the fund on? I am looking at 4 to 6 months duration.

I have 3 stocks on my radar, just want to learn more from you guys.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Calebbold: 7:12am On Oct 12, 2017
Fidelity
Transcorp
Dangote Flour
emmanuelewumi:
I have 3 Treasury Bills investment that will mature on 19th October, which stocks can one invest the fund on? I am looking at 4 to 6 months duration.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 8:41am On Oct 12, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

this monica might have been hijacked grin

Short, medium or looong term?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kevostica(m): 8:43am On Oct 12, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Tell us the stocks u have in mind now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:58am On Oct 12, 2017
soloniger:
this monica might have been hijacked grin

Short, medium or looong term?

The matured treasury Bills were dividends invested in the money market last year.

I have my long term stocks I am just thinking of the possibility of having a repeat of what C and I did to me after the AGM. I bought 200000 additional units of C and I @ an average price of 55k less than 4 months ago.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:03am On Oct 12, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

The matured treasury Bills were dividends invested in the money market last year.

I have my long term stocks I am just thinking of the possibility of having a repeat of what C and I did to me after the AGM. I bought 200000 additional units of C and I @ an average price of 55k less than 4 months ago.

- Super play.

#WeyDonSir

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:03am On Oct 12, 2017
Calebbold:
Fidelity
Transcorp
Dangote Flour

Unfortunately, I only invest in the big 5 banks, Transcorp is a no no for me. I have quite a substantial unitd of Dangote flour, bought this year for about N4.00 and less.

I am looking at the manufacturing, food and beverages or building materials sectors .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:10am On Oct 12, 2017
As it is, the banking sector takes about 70% of my portfolio value.

One needs to be properly diversified.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Calebbold: 9:34am On Oct 12, 2017
Different strokes for different folks i guess.
If you ask my take on transcorp, i believe it would give close to a 100% price increase in less than 6 months time from the closing price of yesterday.
For fidelity, the price is surely going above 2 naira in the same time frame.
emmanuelewumi:

Unfortunately, I only invest in the big 5 banks, Transcorp is a no no for me. I have quite a substantial unitd of Dangote flour, bought this year for about N4.00 and less.

I am looking at the manufacturing, food and beverages or building materials sectors .

(1) (2) (3) ... (2632) (2633) (2634) (2635) (2636) (2637) (2638) ... (7752) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: drotba(m), meholo, Bagwa, lancee(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.