Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,481 members, 7,830,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10950394 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (7777) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 2:11pm On Jul 18, 2014
Dragonking:
Are the feeds live?
I dont think so. This is from the site "Market data delayed at least 45 mins Updated 18/07/2014 02:10 WAT"
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2014
Dragonking:

Thnak you.. i like what am seeing on the site.

Are the feeds live?

Market data delayed at least 45 mins
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 2:13pm On Jul 18, 2014
Dragonking: Is dexterax gradually offering some of his Wapic monkeys for sale.

Wapic @ N0.9

Dem no dey tell blind man say market don close.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by AbidemiA: 2:13pm On Jul 18, 2014
currentprice:

how many insurance listed on nse left

Source : http://marketwatch.ng/Stock/Market.aspx

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bobfash(m): 2:14pm On Jul 18, 2014
Great room. Lively investors. My question is that which is the best to. Do analysis on the Nigeria stock mart. Technical or fundamental?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 2:15pm On Jul 18, 2014
Elai147:

Dem no dey tell blind man say market don close.

Actually, I'm still exposed to Wapic.

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 2:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
bobfash: Great room. Lively investors. My question is that which is the best to. Do analysis on the Nigeria stock mart. Technical or fundamental?

Combination of both.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 2:31pm On Jul 18, 2014
Dexterax: @Dragonking

grin

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 2:33pm On Jul 18, 2014
4dchairman:
Reference to page 4.3. Oando Plc made $1.2 billion available to OER at the rate of 4% when drawn and it also has a clause that the loan can be converted to equity,the losses incurred by OER is from such payment to OANDO Plc, why the astronomical nature of the exposure? I will say the Company has started incurring expenses without taking procession of the asset and possible revenue from the asset."On February 10, 2014, the Corporation signed a loan facility agreement with Oando PLC which included a financing fee of 4% of the amount covered by the $1.2 billion facility. The financing fee is due on repayment of the loan or conversion of the loan to equity; the Corporation also has the option to settle the financing fee in equity if the loan is converted to equity."
On loan repayment the the company negotiated favourable term of payment ,an increase of 1% in interest rate will increase payment by only $0.9m."Price risk: if the prices of crude oil decreased by 10% assuming all other variables remain constant, the impact on loss before tax from the changes in the fair value of derivative commodity contracts would be nil; and "
Most of the sales and loan deals are structured in a way it will not impact much on the company when prices of crude falls.
My question is that the loan given out by Oando Plc to OER now converted to shares belongs to whom? If the shares belong to Oando Plc ,expect some shares for every units held,the loan is from working capital of Oando Plc.

Well, all you just said up there are true, but one question is this? The loan from Oando plc converted to equity, where did Oando plc get the fund? 601m dollars?? that's huge....... meanwhile, financing fee on the 601m dollars will be paid by Oando plc, that will affect their bottom-line bigtime.

Please note that only $601m has been invariably made available by Oando plc for the COP deal, it still remains $599m, how will they get that? still loans from banks? which will definitely lead to more costs to be deducted from revenue.

By the way, them Oxygen boys, #respect.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tjohn1(m): 2:35pm On Jul 18, 2014
feelamong:

any way I will narrow to just 3

Wapic

AIICO

NEM.....

How abt Continental Reinsure with their 11k dividend?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2014
myjoy08: My good Family, I applaud you for your uncommon patient despite many things being said. For easy understanding, I don’t have any insurance stocks in my own portfolio presently, but I will add some of this stocks to it very very very soon. Please do your due diligence on every stock before you put your hard earned money to it because I might be wrong sometimes as human concerns. Below are the lists of Insurance sector you should take a look at…

Consolidated Hallmark Insurance
Nem
Wapic
Mutual benefit
Sovereign Insurance
Aiico
International Energy
Prestige
Continental Reinsurance.
UnityKapital Assurance

Watch them closely; they have some very important deal going on…Best of luck.
well done sir. More greese to your elbow.
I carried out analysis of most of the stocks at F.T. and discovered that in terms of entry point, the only one you can enter at present is Wapic.
Analysis of 1yr and 3yrs chart reveals that Wapic is currently bulish on short and medium tetm bases. It is also current in terms of quarterly results.
Sovereign Trust and Internegin are lying flat in the park, when will they rise?
I couldn't find Continental Hallmark and Unity Assurance Charts.
This is my own report.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 2:43pm On Jul 18, 2014

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nexth11: 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
I'm watching that Dexter dude. I must say he's doing an excellent job. I'm a fan wink
dsonofmaan:

You think Dexter is an ordinary somebody b4? grin grin

Dexter that was telling them on SMN that Unity bank fluctuates between N0.50 - N0.50003 trading sessions.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 3:04pm On Jul 18, 2014
Afriprud should move north... lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 3:12pm On Jul 18, 2014
presiade: Afriprud should move north... lipsrsealed

Are you monkey hunting too wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 3:18pm On Jul 18, 2014
Dragonking:

Are you monkey hunting too wink
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2014
nitrogen:

Well, all you just said up there are true, but one question is this? The loan from Oando plc converted to equity, where did Oando plc get the fund? 601m dollars?? that's huge....... meanwhile, financing fee on the 601m dollars will be paid by Oando plc, that will affect their bottom-line bigtime.

Please note that only $601m has been invariably made available by Oando plc for the COP deal, it still remains $599m, how will they get that? still loans from banks? which will definitely lead to more costs to be deducted from revenue.
By the way, them Oxygen boys, #respect.
One certain thing is that OER has what it takes to close COP deal ,"The Corporation has secured firm commitments for all of these facilities and expects to use the proceeds from these facilities to fund the COP Acquisition and repay certain existing loans"
Oando Plc converted some of it's working capital to finance the Cop deal,this would have hampered its operation in the downstream( the extent of this will be revealed by the FY 2013 result and H1 2014 result).
As I said earlier, some of the loan are linked to the eventual completion of the deal in terms of payment "
The loan will be repaid quarterly using the proceeds of sales of the Corporation’s share of crude oil, natural gas liquids and electric power from its various operations subsequent to the completion of the COP Acquisition. As at March 31, 2014, the loan had not been drawn. " page 18.
My conclusion is that Oando is highly exposed to borrowing . In the same vein ,they are in position to make huge profit from the cop deal, a revenue projection of $900m and gross profit of $540 m. It worth the while.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2014
Una weldone ooo.
I've been busy for a while.
As fo oando, darkness may last for a while but joy comes in d morning. I wuld have loaded more but my money don finish. I foresee a reversal on tues.
In all, its better to be in d bus b4 d deal deal is sealed.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dannywest: 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
Dexterax:

Since I'm in the business of bursting bubbles, I'll advise you based on information reaching me yesterday, it's not getting to NGN 25 sef.

Sorry mehn.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 4:25pm On Jul 18, 2014
4dchairman:
One certain thing is that OER has what it takes to close COP deal ,"The Corporation has secured firm commitments for all of these facilities and expects to use the proceeds from these facilities to fund the COP Acquisition and repay certain existing loans"
Oando Plc converted some of it's working capital to finance the Cop deal,this would have hampered its operation in the downstream( the extent of this will be revealed by the FY 2013 result and H1 2014 result).
As I said earlier, some of the loan are linked to the eventual completion of the deal in terms of payment "
The loan will be repaid quarterly using the proceeds of sales of the Corporation’s share of crude oil, natural gas liquids and electric power from its various operations subsequent to the completion of the COP Acquisition. As at March 31, 2014, the loan had not been drawn. " page 18.
My conclusion is that Oando is highly exposed to borrowing . In the same vein ,they are in position to make huge profit from the cop deal, a revenue projection of $900m and gross profit of $540 m. It worth the while.

While that bolded is a long term thing, we await the 2013 FY result to see whats up with/in Oando plc, just that some things might be concealed, trust the smart cowboys.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afo1k: 4:27pm On Jul 18, 2014
[quote author=dannywest][/quote]market badt gan....some stl loaded dis @24.98

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2014
dannywest: .

Dexterax have been busted grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2014
@dannywest

Should I really respond to your quote of my post?

Confirm you demand a response.

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2014
mercylicious: Una weldone ooo.
I've been busy for a while.
As fo oando, darkness may last for a while but joy comes in d morning. I wuld have loaded more but my money don finish. I foresee a reversal on tues.
In all, its better to be in d bus b4 d deal deal is sealed.
if they did not seal the deal on or before monday, Oando will still move further south, but once the completion of the deal take place, Oando will tremendously move toward north. I am already inside the bus, but thinking of offloading some unit, at current price only to enter later. If I can sale at #25 and enter back at #20, I know the risk involve that once the completion announcement of Cop deal take place, the price will move up, but if I enter immediately I will still gain. It is all about business.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 4:54pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nigerian Stock Exchange:

1. WEMABANK declares N1.45billion PAT in Q2 '14 result

2. BERGER declares N107.4million PAT in Q2 '14 result.

3. Wema Bank Plc records 266% growth in PBT in H1,2014

4. LIVESTOCK declares N85.4million PAT in Q2 '14 result

5. Jim OVIA returns to Zenith Bank Plc as Chairman

6. Apapa gridlock: Nigeria lost over N1.3bn in two weeks

7. Customs Rakes in N2.2bn Monthly from Import Supervision Scheme

8. Nigeria’s Real GDP Records 6.21% Growth in Q1 ’14; Higher Than 4.45% in Q1‘13

9. Capital Bancorp Plc unveils ‘e-trader’ platform at NSE

10. Stocks Halt 3days gaining streak, NSE-ASI retracts by -0.26%

11. MOBIL returns to 2011 price range with a break-away gap

12. Dangote targets 28.25mmtpa from Nigerian plants by year-end

13. Berger Paints pays N203m dividends

14. Lagos okays six-month maternity, 10-day paternity leave

15. We Are Not Selling Vehicles at Seme, Customs Warns

16. NNPC registers oil bunkering operators – Official

17. Microsoft Corp says it will slash up to 18,000 jobs

Source: @proshare
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 5:05pm On Jul 18, 2014
Come to think of it, before now, once they announce the final date of obtaining ministerial approval, the price will high, but once the deadline fail, the price will lower, but this time the price lower before the deadline to complete the deal, which is 20 july/ 30 july, that mean there is something going on we do not know.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 5:10pm On Jul 18, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 5:15pm On Jul 18, 2014
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 5:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afo1k: 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by janykute: 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2014
currentprice: grin grin
passwelle: grin grin grin
Dexterax: grin
Na Waoh for this so called new toothpaste advert.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stokfrick: 5:28pm On Jul 18, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (7777) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lexy2lexy, Adinije(f), Hedgefunds and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.