Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,591 members, 7,847,503 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:01 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3004) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11016264 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3001) (3002) (3003) (3004) (3005) (3006) (3007) ... (7798) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:55pm On Jan 20, 2018
yok:
MSCI ADDITIONS FOR THE WEEK ENDED 18 JANUARY 2018 (PART 1)

Below is the funds movement for the last one week on a Friday to Thursday basis. The data is very interesting as it clearly show what the dig money has done for the week.

We can see that the laggards in terms of index weight have suffered stagnation in their prices.

Thus, for our investment decision we can know where to focus. These 1st 4 equities especially when they are retracing look for good position to enter. The prices falling should be putting a smile on our faces as we should know that the good time to jump in will be at a good demand level. These, four equities looking at the expected results have good fundamental backing.

Below is our market map for FBNH for the coming week, as a review of buying one of the top equities based on catching a retracement.

Caution: Investing is a risky venture. This is just my opinion and I cannot be liable for any loss suffered as a result of following this recommendation All data used are assumed to be correct, but you may need to verify some of the figures independently.

If you are interested in further information or more in-dept analysis, you can send a request by sending me a mail via this forum.
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

...Great job ur doing Sir Yok !! ...We really do appreciate ur effort my dear.
Thank u.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:00am On Jan 21, 2018
Godisfaithful:

Oga Oracle, those guys needed some attention and they want to be partaker concerning the continuous increase in global crude oil price. I believe they will keep them quiet with some cash and not especially a year before the election...Let's just keep watching. In all, good advice sir.

#MyOpinion

...Yep. ...Ur opinion is just an inch away from the truth.
However, a lot will depend on how the government handles the call.

#GIVEUSSOMENESSESARYATTENTION
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:07am On Jan 21, 2018
fxuser:

yes its a buy ... but i hope u will see d bigger picture so u don't get shaken out ''IF'' it drops a lil more .

dis:
I'm learning to write more plainly this yr (very tough)
I will not be held responsible for ur trade
I also own dis and intend to buy more

...What more can I say !! ...For once again u have spoken well.
I cannot help but declare u as the MR TECHNICALITY 1 of Nsempa Kingdom !! grin grin
Nice Job ur doing here Sir Fxuser !!. ...Pls keep up the good work.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:55am On Jan 21, 2018
Coolcash1:
Which divestment style is better;
1. to sell one's entire unit of shares (capital +profit) or

2. sell only units equivalent to profit made on the stock whilst capital is retained....

@fxuser, current price, agbalowomeri, rabbidoracle, bbm, deruggedprof, loco, Godisfaithful, Cadillac, yok, onegentleguy et al please advice... grin

Well before I go ahead with given a suggestion, permit me to 1st add a 3rd and 4th option to ur list.
...And that would be;
3) sell only units equivalent to invested capital whilst profit is retained,
and
4) Do nothing.

Now I am of the opinion that there are no fixed rules to acheive any desired success rate. ...And so if that sinks, i'll go ahead to break things down a bit more;
Each of the 4 options can give relative success rating depending on these 4 key determinants;

1) The source as well as the target coys in question,
2) The prevailing circumstance,
3) The Target (...as a factor of return/yeild within a given duration)
and
4) The Timing (...as a factor of entry/exit).

Time may not allow me break these determinants down, but I trust that u my boss can decipher things urself.
Like I said ealier, there are no fixed workable rules to acheive any desired success rate but the truth is that at any given point, if u can honestly and clearly KEY IN these factors into ur decision-making, then u would surely be closer to taking the right investment decision as it relates to the best divestment approach.

However as a personal rule, I like to sell down 2/3rd of a coy in 2 parts of 1/3rd each after achieving a 50-75% and a 75-100% return/yeild band respectively.
...That said, I also like to DO NOTHING when I see a winning stock winning and with more prospect of winning.

Hope this helps. wink cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:05am On Jan 21, 2018
Coolcash1:

@fxuser, I don't know if you played this computer game back then called Mario...If you did, you know the sound track of the game was given local interpretation as[i] ibi ni ma ku si...boya lo ma dele [/i]... grin

Meaning; I am stuck to DF, I have resolved not to sell again for now...500% profit then I say bye bye... grin

...U my dear, are not stuck. ...As a matter of fact I dare say that u should consider urself lucky to be a part of the DF goldmine !!
...Wondering how? ...Dont worry my dear, Mr TIME will make u understand sooner than later. cheesy grin

#BELIEVE
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:19am On Jan 21, 2018
lmm4real:
Ok pls I have a question, I always receive one X-Alert when ever my Buy or sell oder is accomplished.

Recently I requested for a statement of account from my brokers, on it I saw the same stock I bought for 0.79k and received an x-Alert for, was purchased at a higher price 1.29 precisely.

I really Dont understand why its like that, in fact am suspecting foul play.

Is there a way I can investigate this or any independent body I can report to.

...If I have to assume that ur absolutely certain of everything u related here, then I have 3 reasons for what happened;
1) Fraud,
2) Fraud
and
3) More Fraud.

...I'll strongly advise u quickly do a strong mail of scrutiny to ur broker and copy the NSE and SEC accordingly.
...And when all of this is over, do urself a favour and get a new broker. ...It's in ur best interest.

I wish u GOODLUCK my dear !!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:23am On Jan 21, 2018
tritritri:

Oga No be only u...Buying flour-mill and df to hedge . 1 must pay.

...They sure will my dear. ...For ur PATIENCE shall surely reward u !! cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 21, 2018
currentprice:

with your Dangote sugar as well? grin

I don't have Dangsugar.

I only gave projections I think the price will hit based on their results.

I timed that stock then but it didn't get to the margin of safety zone based on the result then. I thought it I had bought, I will be paying a premium but I was wrong. When that earth shaking result showed, it took off.

I'm still in the market ooo but with smaller units of stocks here and there.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 21, 2018
mendes911:

Flaunt keee. On top kidnappers everywhere...

I think say Na only for PH kidnappers dey grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 21, 2018
Toluway:

Sir, kindly pray for those of us who came back to nsem recently , who have not made the kind of money that you major stakeholders have made and those who have not been that lucky, to also enjoy the kind of breakthrough that you are celebrating.
However, one great thing that I am thanking God about is that my nagative account arising from 2015 crash has been cancelled and my account is now comfortably positive and also making process.
Glory be to God Almighty. My unflinching gratitude to those of you here, who have been responding to my inquests and generally assisting me and improving my knowledge of the game.
God bless you all.

You shouldn't have stayed out longer. Mistakes do happen. You invested wrongly them and you should have gone to do your homework and strategize how to beat the market rather than taking a long recess. Hence making you join the party late.

Imagine if Thomas Edison had stopped working on the electric bulb just because of his numerous failures on the same project. Light for no dey!

if you make a mistake, you have simply discovered a way of not doing something right. Then find the next way to making it right. You are better than someone who didn't do anything at all.

You took the right path my man. Continue it but watch the basket!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 21, 2018
Coolcash1:
Which divestment style is better;
1. to sell one's entire unit of shares (capital +profit) or

2. sell only units equivalent to profit made on the stock whilst capital is retained....

@fxuser, current price, agbalowomeri, rabbidoracle, bbm, deruggedprof, loco, Godisfaithful, Cadillac, yok, onegentleguy et al please advice... grin

If you have made like over 200% gain and you are ok with it knowing that your target was 150% gain, sell in tranches....60% of your holdings.
Watch the market if the herds are still bidding high, dash them another 20%

Continue watching, if it goes high again....dash them 19% ...and just keep between 200k too 1m units of that stock just to use and answer PRESENT SIR during roll call.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 21, 2018
DaV8King:

Insurance business in Naija is bad business.
Apart from those policies made compulsory by laws, how many insurance policies does the average Nigerian hold?
Plus, corporate governance could be stronger across that entire sector(Insurance).
My own 0.02

Where people worship God too much, they hardly buy insurance.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:13am On Jan 21, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:25am On Jan 21, 2018
fxuser:
Position Sizing

Link:
http://www.newtraderu.com/2016/01/07/traders-quick-guide-position-sizing/

#WeekendReading

guess you can take more risk in a bull
You need big winners once in a while
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:34am On Jan 21, 2018
Index long term momentum near all time high
Long way to go
I found this to be a reliable indicator for market tops long before reversal

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 21, 2018
fxuser:
Position Sizing

Link:
http://www.newtraderu.com/2016/01/07/traders-quick-guide-position-sizing/

#WeekendReading

Nice one but it doesn't seem applicable to those of us who do one stock at a time since there can be price fluctuations over and below 1-5% of capital numerous times within a single day.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:51am On Jan 21, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

guess you can take more risk in a bull
You need big winners once in a while

absolutely sir with all manner of liquidity
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:53am On Jan 21, 2018
rationalmind:

Nice one but it doesn't seem applicable to those of us who do one stock at a time since there can be price fluctuations over and below 1-5% of capital numerous times within a single day.

umm
more liquidity fall on us all
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:00am On Jan 21, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
Index long term momentum near all time high
Long way to go
I found this to be a reliable indicator for market tops long before reversal

looks like we will test 60k earlier than expected !

also suspect dividend paying stocks will quickly overcome their markdowns much quicker
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:09am On Jan 21, 2018
Trends

Link:
http://www.newtraderu.com/2011/12/11/ed-seykotas-6-rules-from-the-whipsaw-song/

Fav is Number 2

'' When you catch a Trend, ride it to the end. ''

Your system must be able to jump on a trending market, but then also be able to ride that trend to the end. Most new traders will jump out of trades before they are finished trending because they are scared the market has gone too far and will take back their paper profits. Let a trailing stop take you out of a trade when the trend is over, and only exit once you are stopped out.

The trend is your friend except at the end where it bends. -Ed Seykota ''

End Quote

our work has been cut out for us above
cool

#weekendReading

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 10:32am On Jan 21, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

You shouldn't have stayed out longer. Mistakes do happen. You invested wrongly them and you should have gone to do your homework and strategize how to beat the market rather than taking a long recess. Hence making you join the party late.

Imagine if Thomas Edison had stopped working on the electric bulb just because of his numerous failures on the same project. Light for no dey!

if you make a mistake, you have simply discovered a way of not doing something right. Then find the next way to making it right. You are better than someone who didn't do anything at all.

You took the right path my man. Continue it but watch the basket!

You are absolutely right Sir. I really thank God for courageously taking the bull by the horn. And I am seriously thanking the Lord Almighty today. I can still do some jijo with my portfolio right now.

Please don't misunderstand me. I was only telling you that we're not on the same level, due to the stated circumstances. I have now learnt a fundamental lesson in this market. Never again, will I allow myself to be subdued. Thank God for this forum. Thank God for the eggheads that we are blessed with.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:45am On Jan 21, 2018
Cadillac15:
Fxuser

Please what's the chart saying about FBNH. Thinking of buying more on Monday.

Awaiting your reply. My good sir

FBN Update
Monthly RSI at all time highs , this is very explosive and we shud expect more 52 week highs (stay long with d trend)
Weekly RSI is also breaking to new highs, fully in support of the monthly (super stuff)
Therefore every pull back on d daily is just NOISE but more importantly an opportunity for re-entry or adding more
Some people wish they bought below N10 , they shud get over it and just get in, nothing like too high or too low

Dis:
very heavy here , looking to add more if liquidity permits

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:13am On Jan 21, 2018
Last Week
- Skye , Unity , Wema & Diamond all gained over +40%

this is good for FOMO

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bolabiyi: 11:21am On Jan 21, 2018
Skye bank....is der something cooking here?....Friday's trade on dis stock proved a point...could it b sentiment of d bull? I siddon dey look...happy new year friends...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 12:20pm On Jan 21, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

If you have made like over 200% gain and you are ok with it knowing that your target was 150% gain, sell in tranches....60% of your holdings.
Watch the market if the herds are still bidding high, dash them another 20%

Continue watching, if it goes high again....dash them 19% ...and just keep between 200k too 1m units of that stock just to use and answer PRESENT SIR during roll call.

Does this apply to stocks like nestle?
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:37pm On Jan 21, 2018
Still on market tops; Advance-decline ratio

For index, I notice that AD peaks and flattens at 9.0 several months before both 2008 and 2014 tops

AD presently is 4.0 still supporting that we are still a long way (confirmation bias?)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by safepaulooo(m): 12:51pm On Jan 21, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
Still on market tops; Advance-decline ratio

For index, I notice that AD peaks and flattens at 9.0 several months before both 2008 and 2014 tops

AD presently is 4.0 still supporting that we are still a long way (confirmation bias?)

Even if we are long way, irs Important to ask, is it a sprint to the finish line in one month dash or a year long marathon? Personally I think the latter applies. The growth in market indices to desired target will span the entire 2018. So be wise to discern it's temporary breaks. My opinion.....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:54pm On Jan 21, 2018
safepaulooo:

Even if we are long way, irs Important to ask, is it a sprint to the finish line in one month dash or a year long marathon? Personally I think the latter applies. The growth in market indices to desired target will span the entire 2018. So be wise to discern it's temporary breaks. My opinion.....

You can see from the chart that it was at least more than one year in both cases of market tops and the AD actually had diverged significantly for SEVERAL months before the crash. Just my discovery from personal research and will supply further charts from other markets just to be sure it is not coincidence

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:03pm On Jan 21, 2018
For the Dow 1987 crash;

AD got to 9 January, market topped March

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 1:05pm On Jan 21, 2018
safepaulooo:

When you first set out on a journey, even a bad vehicle may appear smooth until you have gone very far.... grin
Do some TBILLS within the market from your loot. Leave some units to keep running.... grin
Even some TBILLS in the market will return almost the same, without the associated uncertainties..... grin

E.g: Diamond may no longer (rare) reach N5.'WITHOUT' ACCESS moving to N18.... grin
You know I have both, but I have started shifting the scales HEAVILY for obvious reasons..... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:11pm On Jan 21, 2018
Still on tops;
Dow 2007 crash

AD also peaked at 9 and diverged some months before market top
Fuxer this may be good for your book

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:22pm On Jan 21, 2018
safepaulooo:

Most bulls come in bursts. I do not see much happening second half of the year

(1) (2) (3) ... (3001) (3002) (3003) (3004) (3005) (3006) (3007) ... (7798) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DUNKA(m), Bagwa, KarlTom, phadriz(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.