Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,994 members, 7,835,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3006) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10967604 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3003) (3004) (3005) (3006) (3007) (3008) (3009) ... (7780) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 5:14pm On Jan 21, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

I don't have Dangsugar.

I only gave projections I think the price will hit based on their results.

I timed that stock then but it didn't get to the margin of safety zone based on the result then. I thought it I had bought, I will be paying a premium but I was wrong. When that earth shaking result showed, it took off.

I'm still in the market ooo but with smaller units of stocks here and there.

i forget to look id before the post. oracle don't buy stock with a price less than $1. he bought stock like seplat, nestle

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 5:15pm On Jan 21, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

The question is WHEN!!!

When the bull fire is gone out.

Yeah, the time of conclusion of the probe is really the question hence I too am not keen about acquiring a single unit for now.

However, if it survives SEC's probe and comes out really clean with its latest quarterly results found really genuine, I doubt it will need a general bull fire to break loose.
Only its outstanding 12bn units may be the opposing force to occasionally dampen its full scale return to above N200.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:18pm On Jan 21, 2018
DeRuggedProf:

My remote suspicion as well, but I have borrowed out my liver and will wait for the FIRST PULLBACK after it is removed from detention...... grin
For now, it is a NO NO NO for me, I can't swim in a swimming pool, not to talk of inside a lagoon.... grin

NB: on my watchlist, never owned a unit of it b4.. grin

Carry life jacket and hold Sam Loco leg grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 5:32pm On Jan 21, 2018
DeRuggedProf:

grin grin grin
You don't even want to enjoy the free Diamond and Fidelity gifts?
I am always extra careful with FCMB.
Their MM can set brimestone on fingers before you call Jack.... grin

fcmb circumstance is not far different from fbnh. moving forward we all expect better numbers especially now that crude oil price has improved much. people forget too soon questioning the rational behind fbn surge. they forgot that fbn was even a market leader back in the days. ahead or at par with gtb. I remember d days of Jacob odjekigbe it was a hot stock. and people look forward to their audited with euphoria. and mind u, when valuing a stock. it is not only d current book numbers that u value but also future expectations

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 5:33pm On Jan 21, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Carry life jacket and hold Sam Loco leg grin

Sam Loco that you won't know when he will swim and leave you submerged in the lagoon. You will be holding on to his leg not knowing say na artificial leg you hold. (Remember his FCMB moves of last year. LOL)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by safepaulooo(m): 5:37pm On Jan 21, 2018
mendes911:

Sam Loco that you won't know when he will swim and leave you submerged in the lagoon. You will be holding on to his leg not knowing say na artificial leg you hold. (Remember his FCMB moves of last year. LOL)

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chunkuli: 6:09pm On Jan 21, 2018
haaa.. oga agba this ur prices get as e be o!
Agbalowomeri:

Guaranty just opened new race lane for the banks sef: headed above 60
Zenith will move to the 40s
Access, Fbnh, Uba will move to the 20s
Diamond Fcmb Fidelity will move above 5 towards 10

Hold tight if you are still in the market

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
Parisfran:
I wonder why we can hold a losing stock for 4 years but a winning stock after 3 weeks will be doing us to sell.

I got my FCMB stock at the average cost of N 1.11 last year, when it made 100%, it took every fiber of my being for me not to sell it. We want to be value investors and read Benjamin Graham but to actually live the rules and methods is such a big challenge.

I'm an active reader of this thread and I don't comment much but I digest everything here. One of the most beautiful stories I have read here is about the guy that bought FO at N10 and sold at N200. There is no telling which stock will be my 2015 FO, but I don't even pretend to guess which of my 10 stocks will do that but I know that its only if I sit tight and follow my thought out system that I can possibly achieve that. I also know of a Company that got ACCESS bank shares for about N2 in 2006 and sold for N19 in 2007. We don't underestimate a Bear era in this forum (which is a good thing), lets not also underestimate a Bull era. The rules for both are different. If MMM could hold our attention as Nigerians for 1 yr before it finally ended, there is no telling when this mad bull of ours would end. It could be tomorrow and it could also be in 9 months.

I know the trading week might start tomorrow and throw all my analysis inside gutter, but I only live once grin

you took those words right out of my mouth ! ma'am.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 6:16pm On Jan 21, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

EGX30 gained over 50% in 6weeks between October 20 20016 - January 12 2017 (Less than 2 months)

I guess that is more than a burst. It is expect at the repricing phase

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:47pm On Jan 21, 2018
yom2:
fcmb circumstance is not far different from fbnh. moving forward we all expect better numbers especially now that crude oil price has improved much. people forget too soon questioning the rational behind fbn surge. they forgot that fbn was even a market leader back in the days. ahead or at par with gtb. I remember d days of Jacob odjekigbe it was a hot stock. and people look forward to their audited with euphoria. and mind u, when valuing a stock. it is not only d current book numbers that u value but also future expectations

That was during the time of Jacob Ajekigbe ,. He is now the chairman. of Friesland wamco
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 8:18pm On Jan 21, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

That was during the time of Jacob Ajekigbe ,. He is now the chairman. of Friesland wamco
oga emmanuelewumi how can I grab copies of Friesland wamco? as it appears they are not listed, thanks in advance
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 8:25pm On Jan 21, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Yeah, the time of conclusion of the probe is really the question hence I too am not keen about acquiring a single unit for now.

However, if it survives SEC's probe and comes out really clean with its latest quarterly results found really genuine, I doubt it will need a general bull fire to break loose.
Only its outstanding 12bn units may be the opposing force to occasionally dampen its full scale return to above N200.

Oando needs to produce good results consistently before it can return to its glory days. However, I'll advise we lower our expectation of seeing this stock trade in the #100 or greater region.
What was the market capitalization of this stock before the company's misadventure? Do we really think Oando can have a market capitalization in Trillions (in the league of Dangcem and GTB) without a sound management and consistently good results?It's a long journey ahead for this company. The company needs to recover from it's aquisition of Conoco Philips'assets first, become profitable and pay down debts.

Disclaimer: The Market has its own mind and there might certainly be profit to be made from trading Oando. This is not a BUY or SELL recommendation.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 21, 2018
Manonamission:

Oando needs to produce good results consistently before it can return to its glory days. However, I'll advise we lower our expectation of seeing this stock trade in the #100 or greater region.
What was the market capitalization of this stock before the company's misadventure? Do we really think Oando can have a market capitalization in Trillions (in the league of Dangcem and GTB) without a sound management and consistently good results?It's a long journey ahead for this company. The company needs to recover from it's aquisition of Conoco Philips'assets first, become profitable and pay down debts.

Disclaimer: The Market has its own mind and there might certainly be profit to be made from trading Oando. This is not a BUY or SELL recommendation.

Gbam!

CoP really sold a huge bait to them. They are now hung dry!

Then oil was above $120.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2018
currentprice:

i forget to look id before the post. oracle don't buy stock with a price less than $1. he bought stock like seplat, nestle

grin grin grin

With my minimum wage salary. Bros na NRC I dey work oo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:46pm On Jan 21, 2018
soloniger:
oga emmanuelewumi how can I grab copies of Friesland wamco? as it appears they are not listed, thanks in advance

First Registrars is the Registrars of the company. You can get the annual report from the company's website.

The company is the Nestle of NASD, if your stockbroker is registered on NASD he can assist you to buy. The price of the stock is between N140 and N160, I bought additional units for N155 last week.

The bull on NSE is affecting the following companies on NASD, Friesland wamco, Afriland properties and CSCS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:50pm On Jan 21, 2018
Check the annual report of CSCS, this is a company sitting on huge cash and highly liquid investments.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by valentinenwoko: 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2018
Update on CILEASING share reconstruction.
When Fidelity bank board will met to discuss audited financial statements and Dividend.
Transcorp board meeting
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by valentinenwoko: 9:04pm On Jan 21, 2018
From now Jan to may, I. Want to buy the following stocks in order
1. Oando based on speculation while wanting for audit
2. CILEASING based on higher Dividend
3.Fidelity based on Dividend and bull run
4.Transcorp based on bull run and increased power generation and NBET increased payment to Gencos.
5.Npf mcrbank based on Dividend and bull run.

I already have shares in All the. Firms only topping up
Advice needed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 21, 2018
emmanuelewumi:
Check the annual report of CSCS, this is a company sitting on huge cash and highly liquid investments.

They should have a falling revenue because of stockbrokers migration to the online platform. Now people will not renew their subscription anymore because they can view their portfolio from their broker's online account. Hence there should be fall in their revenue from when the online access for stock started.

This year, revenue will grow because of the increased participation of people and the frequency of trading.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:14pm On Jan 21, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

They should have a falling revenue because of stockbrokers migration to the online platform. Now people will not renew their subscription anymore because they can view their portfolio from their broker's online account. Hence there should be fall in their revenue from when the online access for stock started.

This year, revenue will grow because of the increased participation of people and the frequency of trading.

From a revenue of N6.1 billion. Investment income generated over N3 billion. Transaction income was over N2 billion

Income from cscs online is negligible just N32 Million

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:22pm On Jan 21, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

From a revenue of N6.1 billion. Investment income generated over N3 billion. Transaction income was over N2 billion

Income from cscs online is negligible just N32 Million

The company has over N17 billion in FG bond, state bonds and corporate bonds.

N5 billion in Treasury Bills, N800 million in cash , unfortunately the company didn't invest in stocks in 2016.
Looking forward to what 2017 result will look like.

Note this is a company with just 106 workers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 9:32pm On Jan 21, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

N5 billion in Treasury Bills, N800 million in cash , unfortunately the company didn't invest in stocks in 2016.

Oga Emma, i know this might be a tough call: Can FBN justify it if it gets to N25?? If yes, why?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 9:32pm On Jan 21, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Oga Emma, i know this might be a tough call: Can FBN justify it if it gets to N25?? If yes, why? Because i am thinking of picking some tasere units tomorrow.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 9:33pm On Jan 21, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

This is where UCAP and Afriprud may hammer this 2017 results. Both have stock investments
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jinnyz: 9:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
Please what is the difference between NSE & NASD? How can I access all stocks listed under NASD?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
shigidi:

This is where UCAP and Afriprud may hammer this 2017 results. Both have stock investments

I quoted figures from 2016 report, cscs must have invested in stocks in 2017.

No be cscs get the market? They have the data of where the money is going.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 9:40pm On Jan 21, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Oga Emma, i know this might be a tough call: Can FBN justify it if it gets to N25?? If yes, why? Because i am thinking of picking some tasere units tomorrow.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:42pm On Jan 21, 2018
Investnow2017:

Anything can happen in the market, but if nothing happens what will you do.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:46pm On Jan 21, 2018
Investnow2017:

Oga Emma, i know this might be a tough call: Can FBN justify it if it gets to N25?? If yes, why?

I think N20 is achievable.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:50pm On Jan 21, 2018
jinnyz:
Please what is the difference between NSE & NASD? How can I access all stocks listed under NASD?

Google NASD, the marker of Indomie is on NASD but I think the company is expensive at N9 and I have my reservations for public companies owned and managed by Indians.

I apologise for my biased and maybe xenophobic opinion
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 9:53pm On Jan 21, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

I think N20 is achievable.

Thank you sir. Appreciated. Sadly i dont seem to look forward to a robust dividend from fbnh. Might i be right in my lowered expectations?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bestidafa(m): 10:07pm On Jan 21, 2018
Pls ogas in the house, which stocks does vetiva called 10 High Conviction Stocks” for 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (3003) (3004) (3005) (3006) (3007) (3008) (3009) ... (7780) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hedgefunds, TradeSunMoore, dapix, dammybrite, otomatic(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.