Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,218 members, 7,860,387 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:17 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3007) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11066473 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3004) (3005) (3006) (3007) (3008) (3009) (3010) ... (7815) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chipa: 10:19pm On Jan 21, 2018
Investnow2017:

Thank you sir. Appreciated. Sadly i don't seem to look forward to a robust dividend from fbnh. Might i be right in my lowered expectations?
People who are buying FBNH are not buying because of anticipated wonderful Dividend this year.But rather to take position in anticipation of recovery because of increase pricing of crude oil and possible better dividend in future.In all a lot had been factored into the price so if all this factors materializes and price does not increase don't be surprise.
Concerning Oando, Will money be made in future capital yes, Time horizon I don't know. I had a substantial quantity here prior to now and I sold them last week and 2 weeks ago and invested in Transcorp and sterling bank. I am presently sitting on 32% profit and counting. Any investment without time frame work should be reviewed. I know that some people holding Oando now will get tired along the way and sell I pray it will still be on bid then and eventually would have missed out from present rally and missed out from future rally in oando when TS is lifted.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ZikkyChops(m): 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2018
Guru in the house, how far this Transcorpse can go..... In term of price
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chipa: 10:47pm On Jan 21, 2018
ZikkyChops:
Guru in the house, how far this Transcorpse can go..... In term of price
If you are still in Transcop hold tight. There will be a repratition of what happened in 2014. When it rose from N3.00 to N7.00, it won't be impossible to see Transcop at N5.00 in 1 month time.
This is not a recommendation to buy or sell.
Disciosure have some units.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 11:06pm On Jan 21, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

That was during the time of Jacob Ajekigbe ,. He is now the chairman. of Friesland wamco
wao, excellent company attracting excellent people.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 11:17pm On Jan 21, 2018
Investnow2017:

Thank you sir. Appreciated. Sadly i dont seem to look forward to a robust dividend from fbnh. Might i be right in my lowered expectations?

I think they might want to compensate their investors for the loyalty shown over the past few stormy years. Remember that they have been retaining most of their earnings for the last 5 years or so, that's why they have been paying meager dividends. Now that they have become somehow healthier we can only hope they show some appreciation. I was practically stuck in this bus for the past 3 years but I'm now in super profit.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 1:26am On Jan 22, 2018
MSCI ADDITION FOR 19TH JANUARY 2018

The fund have started firing, still campaigning more in the banking sector, Diamond seems to be new bride with the usual dose of Transcorp, Fidelity FBNH and others as per the schedule below.

If you need further clarification on my posting, just e-mail via the forum.

Caution: Investing is a risky venture. This is just my opinion and I cannot be liable for any loss suffered as a result of following this recommendation All data used are assumed to be correct, but you may need to verify some of the figures independently.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by courage89(m): 1:41am On Jan 22, 2018
Investnow2017:

Oga Emma, i know this might be a tough call: Can FBN justify it if it gets to N25?? If yes, why? Because i am thinking of picking some tasere units tomorrow.

I think a lot of people buying FBNH right now are doing so because of the perception that, the company should be trading at par somehow, or at a 20% discount with Zenith bank based on market capitalization. For a very long time, FBNH was the biggest bank in Nigeria based on asset, banking brand and was trading at par with zenith bank in those days. The biggest banking position was recently lost to Zenith bank, because of mark-to-market asset reprising and other non-performing loans caused by crude oil prices fluctuations.

The expectation is that rising crude oil prices should address FBNH's balance sheet problems, cost inefficiencies, branding challenges and bring the company back to its glory days where FBNH market cap ranked higher, at par or within 20% band with Zenith Bank.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shina88: 3:25am On Jan 22, 2018
The NSE All Share Index continued its upside rally for the third consecutive week. Technical indicators on the short terms indicate a possible pullback in trend while medium trend remain bullish. What do we expect in the coming trading day?

Watch this week’s trend analysis and expectations for stocks traded on the Nigerian Stock Exchange

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaMpIVlzRhk

Your comments and reviews is highly apppreciated

Happy Investing
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bianco1: 4:28am On Jan 22, 2018
https://trwstockbrokers./2018/01/22/six-firms-face-compulsory-delisting-for-poor-governance/

The companies include Aso Savings & Loans Plc; African Paints (Nigeria) Plc; Deap Capital Management Plc; Afrik Pharmaceuticals Plc; Evans Medical Plc and Union Homes Savings & Loans Plc.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kokobaba: 5:23am On Jan 22, 2018
what is really driving Skye bank? is it just market sentiment or there is something cooking we don't know? if it is just sentiment, could it drive it to the range of N4? House, what is your opinion?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 6:03am On Jan 22, 2018
yok:

The fund have started firing, still campaigning more in the banking sector, Diamond seems to be new bride with the usual dose of Transcorp, Fidelity FBNH and others as per the schedule below.

Caution: Investing is a risky venture. This is just my opinion and I cannot be liable for any loss suffered as a result of following this recommendation All data used are assumed to be correct, but you may need to verify some of the figures independently.

Thanks oga
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 7:00am On Jan 22, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 7:43am On Jan 22, 2018
Deadlytruth:

As for OANDO, my mind is divided as to its possibility of repeating the FO story.
One one hand, the percentage crash of its price from its all time high of nearly 300 during the crazy 2007/2008 bull to the current 5.99 after touching as low as 2.9 in Feb. 2016 leaves enough reasons to believe it could return to at least N200 after the TS is lifted and the company comes out clean or "clean" of SEC's investigation especially considering that its figures have somewhat returned to green like it was with FO after about 2 to 3 years on the crashed price range.
But on the other hand I feel that FO was able to return to N300 status quo ante in a non-bullish atmosphere on the strength of its very low outstanding shares of just above 1b unlike OANDO which now has a total of about 12 bn outstanding as against the just 0.6bn they had before the reforms.
Well, as Onegentleguy says, Mr. Time holds the final verdict.

Time is the period allowed for the market to respond to the fundamentals of a company. That must always happen. As time tends towards infinity, the share price will reflect the underlying value of the company.

Yes OandO was once very high. What has happened since then?

1) Dilution. Check the current outstanding shares. At N200, what will be the capitalisation of OandO? Are there assets to justify this?

2) Poor Management : If you need evidence of a badly managed company, just look at OandO. It is a company whose management are expert in destroying value. I am sure many are not aware of the 'Technical Fees' that Ocean and OIl use to charge OandO for doing nothing. Many can't remember the story about listing on JSE to raise capital. The story about the refinery that never saw the light of the day. They venture into a territory that they have ZERO clue about. They overpaid for upstream assets. They started selling midstream and downstream assets which is their area of competency. Who did they sold to? Anyone know 'undertaker' Jimoh Ibrahim?

3) Debt: The creditors seems to own OandO now. The current suspension is due to creditors trying to take over OandO. The shareholders may wake up to discover that they own only 1% of OandO. So if the price gets to N200, the minority shareholders may find out that they only own 1% of the N200

4) Corporate Governance: A company built on deceit must collapse. OandO's problem is not really due to crash in oil price! It is due to corrupt tendencies. Everything about OandO is deceit. Who remembers the claim of oversubscription of private placement. I doubt there is any company with such flagrant abuse of ethics and compliance. They were experts in manipulating their share price!

I think people should realise that when they buy shares, they are actually 'buying' a company. So ask yourself, what is 'good' about the company you are buying. Was the account not qualified? Is OandO a going concern?

Time will tell! Only a GAMBLER will even consider OandO.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 8:15am On Jan 22, 2018
Bianco1:
https://trwstockbrokers./2018/01/22/six-firms-face-compulsory-delisting-for-poor-governance/

The companies include Aso Savings & Loans Plc; African Paints (Nigeria) Plc; Deap Capital Management Plc; Afrik Pharmaceuticals Plc; Evans Medical Plc and Union Homes Savings & Loans Plc.

What is the effect of this on the ordinary shareholders?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 8:37am On Jan 22, 2018
freeman67:

What is the effect of this on the ordinary shareholders?

Implication is that your company is no longer a publicly quoted company. You can no longer trade the shares on the NSE
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 8:40am On Jan 22, 2018
wanaj0:

Implication is that your company is no longer a publicly quoted company. You can no longer trade the shares on the NSE

I think what he wants to know is: "what happens to my money" cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 8:54am On Jan 22, 2018

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 9:04am On Jan 22, 2018
Investnow2017:

I think what he wants to know is: "what happens to my money" cheesy

He still own the shares of the company so in principle 'nothing'. Reality is that the shares will be difficult to sell and the company is no longer publicly quoted so not regulated by SEC and have no business with NSE.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 9:24am On Jan 22, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 22, 2018
yok:

You are doing a wonderful job Sir Yok. To imagine that this info paid for is being shared publicly to help our investing decisions. We appreciate you.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 9:45am On Jan 22, 2018
Sterling Bank Seeks Licence to Operate as Non-Interest Bank
https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/01/22/cbn-keeps-rates-14-absence-mpc-meeting/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 9:48am On Jan 22, 2018
valacious:

You are doing a wonderful job Sir Yok. To imagine that this info paid for is being shared publicly to help our investing decisions. We appreciate you.

I share your appreciative comments. Same compliments go to all selfless, selfsacrificing folks on this forum. Thanks to the bull too for the vigour and invigorating spirit cheesy YOU ARE ALL APPRECIATED.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 10:02am On Jan 22, 2018
wanaj0:

He still own the shares of the company so in principle 'nothing'. Reality is that the shares will be difficult to sell and the company is no longer publicly quoted so not regulated by SEC and have no business with NSE.

Na shareholders for life be that... undecided no b small thing oooo. The money seem to be as good as gone then.. . I have small units of Evan Medical that's why I asked. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bolabiyi: 10:04am On Jan 22, 2018
freeman67:

Na shareholders for life be that... undecided no b small thing oooo. The money seem to be as good as gone then.. . I have small units of Evan Medical that's why I asked. Thanks
my broda, God dey....my 7m still stranded in Goldlink insurance...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 10:15am On Jan 22, 2018
wanaj0:

Na so my money inside Union Homes take enter Air? Consequences of bad investment decisions made in 2008.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:20am On Jan 22, 2018
bolabiyi:

I think your school fees is on the high side, but I am sure you got a quality and functional education from the Nigerian stock market.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 10:27am On Jan 22, 2018
bolabiyi:

You must be an international Student. They are the one paying such high tuition fee.

Is Goldlink still in operation?

Anyway, you are still a SHAREHOLDER.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:31am On Jan 22, 2018
RabbiDoracle:
When reversal comes, the door will be too narrow ooo.

Shed weight if you can.

There is news of militants wanting to start blowing pipelines again. If this isn't checked by the government, it won't go well in the market.

Control your greed. I have gone lean in this market.

Safe trip guys. I have alighted at Sokoto, you guys can continue to Libya grin

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bolabiyi: 10:31am On Jan 22, 2018
wanaj0:

You must be an international Student. They are the one paying such high tuition fee.

Is Goldlink still in operation?

Anyway, you are still a SHAREHOLDER.

DAT investment decision was before d meltdown in 2008...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:33am On Jan 22, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
All experts are experts on what was
There is no expert on what will be grin

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:34am On Jan 22, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

If you have made like over 200% gain and you are ok with it knowing that your target was 150% gain, sell in tranches....60% of your holdings.
Watch the market if the herds are still bidding high, dash them another 20%

Continue watching, if it goes high again....dash them 19% ...and just keep between 200k too 1m units of that stock just to use and answer PRESENT SIR during roll call.

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3004) (3005) (3006) (3007) (3008) (3009) (3010) ... (7815) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: EDUECO(m), 4willer, ogoo4real, jaybee3(m), Ginalex(f), dapix, ekkywolex(m), Mpeace(m), NL1960, Boshins, bisiki2, lasisi(m), chillykelly86(m) and 20 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.