Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,993 members, 7,848,995 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:09 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11021789 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3157) (3158) (3159) (3160) (3161) (3162) (3163) ... (7801) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zhirinovsky: 1:36am On Feb 17, 2018
Tnkz Boss, God Bless!
phemmie06:

You never loss unless you sell. You can convert your holding to long term.
A lot of people have Dáar comms, staco, Union Diagnostics, Chams etc but converted to long time. Even transcorp that become toast of most investors taught me a lot, their paper is still with me, even when I tried to average down I bought at either 4 or 3. But other stocks make me happy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 1:53am On Feb 17, 2018
phemmie06:

You never loss unless you sell. You can convert your holding to long term.
A lot of people have Dáar comms, staco, Union Diagnostics, Chams etc but converted to long time. Even transcorp that become toast of most investors taught me a lot, their paper is still with me, even when I tried to average down I bought at either 4 or 3. But other stocks make me happy

Actually one will be worse off by converting useless stocks into LONG TERM portfolio. It is like keeping a corpse in the house waiting for it to come alive! Once you realise the mistake (not out of emotions), just get out and put your money in fundamentally sound stocks.

A lot of people buy out of hype or sentiments. They don't even understand how the company they are buying their stocks create value. Emotional investing is nothing but gambling.

We are currently FAR from a market crash. Oil price is robust enough. The PE's of most stocks is still less than 10. The economy is recovering with growth expected in 2018. The election risk is overrated.

Flee the market if oil price drops below the budget benchmark and 'pipeline engineers' in the ND start to tamper with the oil pipelines.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 2:19am On Feb 17, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:52am On Feb 17, 2018
UACN right had dropped, how come Lafarge Africa right which was concluded a week earlier is yet to be listed? Or can I say the delay was caused by the size of the right offer.

I expect Flour Mills of Nigeria right offer to be listed by the second week in April.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 5:55am On Feb 17, 2018
wanaj0:

Actually one will be worse off by converting useless stocks into LONG TERM portfolio. It is like keeping a corpse in the house waiting for it to come alive! Once you realise the mistake (not out of emotions), just get out and put your money in fundamentally sound stocks.

A lot of people buy out of hype or sentiments. They don't even understand how the company they are buying their stocks create value. Emotional investing is nothing but gambling.

We are currently FAR from a market crash. Oil price is robust enough. The PE's of most stocks is still less than 10. The economy is recovering with growth expected in 2018. The election risk is overrated.

Flee the market if oil price drops below the budget benchmark and 'pipeline engineers' in the ND start to tamper with the oil pipelines.

Thank you Sir Wanaj0.....one of the elders i respect his comments......only that he infrequently comments in this forum.......i appreciates your comments Sir.....Regards to your family.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 5:57am On Feb 17, 2018
Some people just love the
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 5:59am On Feb 17, 2018
emmanuelewumi:
UACN right had dropped, how come Lafarge Africa right which was concluded a week earlier is yet to be listed? Or can I say the delay was caused by the size of the right offer.

I expect Flour Mills of Nigeria right offer to be listed by the second week in April.

I missed UACN right....I have told my broker to prchase my FMN plc right issue...also to buy the premium rights issue(@ N2.50) in the floor of NSE....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 6:03am On Feb 17, 2018
IchimokuPilot:

Which book?

101 investment lessons from the wizards of wall street...by michael sincere

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 6:15am On Feb 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Some people just love the bear to ravage NSE. Im not among ooo.

Because when you have mastered your art, you do it freely. They aren't the best. But they have a strategy that works. Every bull comes with a roaring noise. People get carried away. Master your strategy.

I remembered when I was buying stocks, my colleagues told me not to buy because stocks don't make sense; That it is an old man's investment; That they always get dividend of N2,000. Find a way to prove them wrong.

When NSE was listed amongst the 3 best exchanges in 2017, they all wanted to come in. I begged them not to. Because I will be selling to them. grin

People tend to want to hear good news. If they had entered around January ending, they would have been carrying the cans by now.

Entry price is key. People bid and buy. At a certain price, they stop buying. This is their philosophy. People continue to buy. That is their philosophy. Try and know what works for you and stick to it.

I don't think it is ever too late to get into the market.
The most important thing is that someone must understand what he is buying and have an exit strategy.
I picked some stocks when the market was already bullish this year and I am out already with some decent profit. One of them is CNNN.
I am currently buying two stocks, FMN and one other stock that I will not like to mention now because of liquidity.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:18am On Feb 17, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

April not too long?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:23am On Feb 17, 2018
pluto09:

The most important thing is that someone must understand what he is buying and have an exit strategy.
I picked some stocks when the market was already bullish this year and I am out already with some decent profit. One of them is CNNN.
I am currently buying two stocks, FMN and one other stock that I will not like to mention now because of liquidity.
grin You dey look face .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 6:24am On Feb 17, 2018
wanaj0:

You don't talk too much but when you talk your post cannot be ignored.
You might have forgotten now, your words in SMN on presco when it was selling for N10 has helped in a great way to shape my investment philosophy.
Respect sir!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 6:44am On Feb 17, 2018
IchimokuPilot:

Many are trapped and waiting to use result euphoria as a parachute to quietly say 'BYE JANET'... grin
We are still cruising close to ground level, but many are still thinking of parachute.
Wait until we reach 33K Feet above sea level, then you will envy your previous levels..... grin

....A lesson acquired through regrets is ever more cherished in markets... grin

Bros, speak English. I no understand you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by safepaulooo(m): 6:57am On Feb 17, 2018
IchimokuPilot:

Transcorp is a GENCO.
The loan is meant for DISCOS.

I hope I am not missing something.

That's why I said Transcorp AGENTS. Currently the profitability of GENCOS is limited by the DISCOS. If DISCOS operations are enhanced and facilitated, GENCOS will smile because their generation capacity will be fully utilized and load generated discharged resulting to higher profitability

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:08am On Feb 17, 2018
pluto09:

The colleagues don't understand the market. They just want to enter because they heard that NSE is the 3rd best performing exchange in the world. They want fast money. These were the same guys that did mmm, Get help and other Ponzi.

Are you monkey hunting FMN? grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 7:11am On Feb 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

You sound like KOD or Dr.Abraham

I may be wrong sha.

Its not hard to investigate.

THIS IS RUGGEDPROF
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 7:12am On Feb 17, 2018
Zhirinovsky:
Not really. Just that I didn't make anything last week and this week too and that can be discouraging. I don't trade and leave a stock. I stay on a good stock riding the wave up and down. Buy at support, sell at resistance and repeat. But sometimes it goes against me though. Staying long in a stock frustrates me.

Thanks a lot for the advice. Really appreciate.
You're not the only one . Me too. But authoritatively speaking, this is the nature of this business. There must be fluctuations. Are you a newbie? You must be strong, patient and mature in the game. 2weeks is nothing. 2 months at times self. You don't need to care. Stick to your potfolio please
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 7:14am On Feb 17, 2018
soloniger:
32 likes grin
Hahahaha (laugh)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 7:15am On Feb 17, 2018
Zhirinovsky:
Couldn't buy cos I couldn't sell my holdings and gat no free cash.
Patience. Which stock are you not able to sell?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 7:23am On Feb 17, 2018
wanaj0:

This is my contention sir. Which I've always expressed in this forum.
The problem here is too many professors, analysis paralysis and over sensationalism
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 7:27am On Feb 17, 2018
Cadillac15:

Bros, speak English. I no understand you
I think the guy is a poet
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 17, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

FMN will not pay dividends in their year ending this 2018. The cashflow is negative and they are needing capital. Paying will mean borrowing from the bank just to satisfy shareholders.

This may depress share price in a short term.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 7:50am On Feb 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

FMN will not pay dividends in their year ending this 2018. The cashflow is negative and they are needing capital. Paying will mean borrowing from the bank just to satisfy shareholders.

Experience talking. I have looked at their financials over and over again. Nothing impressive compared to their peers in the short term.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Can i bookmark this rabbi?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 7:54am On Feb 17, 2018
Toluway:

This is my contention sir. Which I've always expressed in this forum.
The problem here is too many professors, analysis paralysis and over sensationalism

My apologies sir. Wetin small pikin like me sabi?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 17, 2018
Cadillac15:

Experience talking. I have looked at their financials over and over again. Nothing impressive compared to their peers in the short term.
But they are doing a right now?do they intend to swallow the proceeds too.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 8:06am On Feb 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

The colleagues don't understand the market. They just want to enter because they heard that NSE is the 3rd best performing exchange in the world. They want fast money. These were the same guys that did mmm, Get help and other Ponzi.

Are you monkey hunting FMN? grin

You could have helped them in picking the right stocks. There is still money to be made on NSE.

Monkey hunting ke?
FMN is too big for our rambling here to have any effect on the share price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 8:10am On Feb 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Don't be too sure my brother. No matter how little, I think they will pay dividend.
That aside, i don't think people should buy FMN because of dividend. Investors patience will be tested here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 8:12am On Feb 17, 2018
DOLLARTEX:

Right proceeds are not to be used for dividend payment. If they do that, I will reconsider my position.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 17, 2018
DOLLARTEX:

The proceeds will be used for offsetting their loans and then part used for working capital.

If they pay dividends, I will sell my holdings.

I expect the stock to drop to N22 once the result is released

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 17, 2018
pluto09:

Don't be too sure my brother. No matter how little, I think they will pay dividend.
That aside, i don't think people should buy FMN because of dividend. Investors patience will be tested here.

Paying means borrowing to finance dividends.

Anyway, Pa Emma will be there. He should just nod in agreement till he gets the microphone. Then he will tell them to scrap the dividend. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 17, 2018
pluto09:

Right proceeds are not to be used for dividend payment. If they do that, I will reconsider my position.
Offcourse,they cannot use the right for dividend.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3157) (3158) (3159) (3160) (3161) (3162) (3163) ... (7801) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BabsO2(m), crownprince2017, handsomebolanle, Zagee, bolagabriella, lancee(m), Agbalowomeri, kdaddy, drotba(m), sterlingD(m), naturalflow, Kreos44, SonofElElyonRet and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.