Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,407 members, 7,861,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:31 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11071415 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3158) (3159) (3160) (3161) (3162) (3163) (3164) ... (7816) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 17, 2018
pluto09:

You could have helped them in picking the right stocks. There is still money to be made on NSE.

Monkey hunting ke?
FMN is too big for our rambling here to have any effect on the share price.

Helping them picking a stock is insuring their funds.

I no wan make person hold my trouser at work. Imagine they had bought Fidelity at N4.33 and now they will be looking at me that I scammed them.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Parisfran(f): 8:25am On Feb 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

The proceeds will be used for offsetting their loans and then part used for working capital.

If they pay dividends, I will sell my holdings.

I expect the stock to drop to N22 once the result is released

Pls clarify, if you expect it to drop so much why are you still holding it.

I don't have any unit of FMN, I'm asking for knowledge sake.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 8:28am On Feb 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Helping them picking a stock is insuring their funds.

I no wan make person hold my trouser at work. Imagine they had bought Fidelity at N4.33 and now they will be looking at me that I scammed them.

Why would anybody buy fidelity at N4.33
I am sure you wouldn't have recommended fidelity to them at that price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

The proceeds will be used for offsetting their loans and then part used for working capital.

If they pay dividends, I will sell my holdings.

I expect the stock to drop to N22 once the result is released
This is serious o!you that asked companies to share their retained earnings,running away from dividend.na wa o!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 8:36am On Feb 17, 2018
Cadillac15:

Experience talking. I have looked at their financials over and over again. Nothing impressive compared to their peers in the short term.

Nothing really too impressive.
Two/three months ago, I wouldn't have bought FMN. There are many options then. However, the market is a dynamic one and most other good stocks are selling close to their fair value.
Me I no get the kind of oracle patience where you hold cash for a long time and you just be hoping and praying for bear to show up.
Either bull or bear,we must make money.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 17, 2018
Parisfran:

Pls clarify, if you expect it to drop so much why are you still holding it.

I don't have any unit of FMN, I'm asking for knowledge sake.

Holding small units which I can sell off depending on the market sentiments. Some herds no dey look notes to financials. They just look at P & L account. Get carried away by PAT. If they bidding it recklessly, I hand over to them grin

If it falls to N22, I still buy more and wait for the ultimate gain.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 17, 2018
pluto09:

People on this forum may have bought at N4.33

They believed it will rise further. It can rise though grin impossible is nothing.

I only told them my purchase price for fidelity and my average price, they used their tongues to count their teeth grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 17, 2018
pluto09:

Two/three months ago, I wouldn't have bought FMN. There are many options then. However, the market is a dynamic one and most other good stocks are selling close to their fair value.
Me I no get the kind of oracle patience where you hold cash for a long time and you just be hoping and praying for bear to show up.
The thing is to do what works for you.

I don jump out from Danfo before jump into Molue. Just for the Molue to carry us enter Lagoon. Now if I alight from Danfo, na straight home ooo. Rest first and watch the next bus!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 17, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
This is serious o!you that asked companies to share their retained earnings,running away from dividend.na wa o!

Check their cashflow. They have a huge retained earnings but the cashflow is negative. How dem wan take pay?

Bette channel the money into payment of loans so that people can alight the bus and let price crash more.

Once they release a wonderful year end result, people will rush in. I go just give them the Kaya to carry small knowing that if they don't pay dividends, the bus will come and meet me at Ojota!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 17, 2018
wanaj0:

My apologies sir. Wetin small pikin like me sabi?

I think you misunderstood him sir.. I think what he meant was the way some professors dey talk here e be like say NSE go crash tomorrow tomorrow.
Brent and DOW have been closing on green for some days now but those "Professors" are yet to alarm it the way they did when is was on red..
I think their attention now has been shifted to dividend.. lol nice

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 9:06am On Feb 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

They believed it will rise further. It can rise though grin impossible is nothing.

I only told them my purchase price for fidelity and my average price, they used their tongues to count their teeth grin

I am sure the head of TA in the house (fxuser) would not have bought fidelity at N4.33.
When the same stock was selling below N2 some months ago they didn't buy, they could only buy when it was already overhyped. Sure, the smart ones made cool money on it why some are only holding the can.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 9:07am On Feb 17, 2018
pluto09:

Remember that was when we assumed fidelity was on the way to #5
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 9:09am On Feb 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Check their cashflow. They have a huge retained earnings but the cashflow is negative. How dem wan take pay?

Bette channel the money into payment of loans so that people can alight the bus and let price crash more.

Once they release a wonderful year end result, people will rush in. I go just give them the Kaya to carry small knowing that if they don't pay dividends, the bus will come and meet me at Ojota!

No matter what happens, I don't think the price will go below the right issue price in the short to medium term.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 9:09am On Feb 17, 2018
pluto09:

I prefer honeyflour because of price/p.e. comparison
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 9:13am On Feb 17, 2018
Toluway:

You assumed it would get to N5 in a straight line based on what ?
TA/FA/agba/onegentl postulations

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 17, 2018
Toluway:

I prefer honeyflour because of price/eps comparison

Check structure of the management o

Someone there was on a bank and we know the story.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 17, 2018
pluto09:

I am sure the head of TA in the house (fxuser) would not have bought fidelity at N4.33.
When the same stock was selling below N2 some months ago they didn't buy, they could only buy when it was already overhyped. Sure, the smart ones made cool money on it why some are only holding the can.

grin This was the same question I ask.when people were buying at less than N1, why didn't they see it. When you see that there is to reason for pricing a stock this high, just hand it over. However, you may be wrong after handing it over. Because prices may still rise.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 17, 2018
wanaj0:

Actually one will be worse off by converting useless stocks into LONG TERM portfolio. It is like keeping a corpse in the house waiting for it to come alive! Once you realise the mistake (not out of emotions), just get out and put your money in fundamentally sound stocks.

A lot of people buy out of hype or sentiments. They don't even understand how the company they are buying their stocks create value. Emotional investing is nothing but gambling.

We are currently FAR from a market crash. Oil price is robust enough. The PE's of most stocks is still less than 10. The economy is recovering with growth expected in 2018. The election risk is overrated.

Flee the market if oil price drops below the budget benchmark and 'pipeline engineers' in the ND start to tamper with the oil pipelines.

Thank for this.. For those of us who are not Nigerians or living there and are still learning this has helped to put our mind at ease.. With the things I read here, I was planning to withdraw all my found from Nigeria completely before the election.. I'm not there and reading what the citizens are saying about the country during election would make you not to forget even 1naira in their banks not to talk of NSE.

Thank you once again

Both eye on "Pipeline Engineers" , Oil Price and Budget benchmark.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 17, 2018
Toluway:

When driving on a road, don't always look through the windscreen, also look through the rearview mirror.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 9:19am On Feb 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

The tongue is the best device to count the teath Rabbi grin
The only thing that is required is patience. Fidelity is a good stock and anyone who picked it has no reason to regret. Though if there is money, the faithfuls should laod more at the lowest low support or thereabout. Sorry for talking in the company of the gurus. This is my only trajectory to grow in the game grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 17, 2018
Yayira:

Thank for this.. For those of us who are not Nigerians or living there and are still learning this has helped to put our mind as ease.. With the things I read here, I was planning to withdraw all my found from Nigeria completely before the election.. I'm not there and reading what the citizens are saying about the country during election would make you not to forget eveven 1naira in their banks not to talk of NSE.

Thank you once again

Both eye on "Pipeline Engineers" , Oil Price and Budget benchmark.

And don't forget news on policy somersaults.

See the CBN news now...see what it will do to some banks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

rabbi,fmn got an award recently for consistent dividend payment.do you think they will dent that record come FY 2018?they will borrow
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 9:22am On Feb 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Check structure of the management o

Someone there was on a bank and we know the story.
I meant price/p.e. comparison. That means there was wuruwuru somewhere. God help us.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 17, 2018
Toluway:

The tongue is the best device to count the teath Rabbi grin
The only thing that is required is patience. Fidelity is a good stock and anyone who picked it has no reason to regret. Sorry for talking in the company of the gurus. This is my only trajectory to grow in the game grin

Pricing is key my brother. If you understand this, you will never lose money.

We bought fidelity when "he that is down fears no fall".

Only the market will prove that those who sold at N4.33 made a mistake. So we will wait for that.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 9:25am On Feb 17, 2018
pluto09:

Don't be too sure my brother. No matter how little, I think they will pay dividend.
That aside, i don't think people should buy FMN because of dividend. Investors patience will be tested here.
It will not be right for them to pay dividend this time. Just one month after raising money via right issue, if the go ahead to pay dividend, then I will go ahead to conclude that they have bad management

I know that, not paying dividend by the end of this q4 will slow the movement of their share price, but it will contribute tremendously in their 2018 q4. Dangote flour as case study, last year no dividend, but their stock move positively as a result of good operating capital. Stanbic deed the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 17, 2018
Toluway:

I meant price/p.e. comparison. That means there was wuruwuru somewhere. God help us.

Looking at just indices took me to the gutters in Japaul. Some stocks, you will have to check the management. Pa Emma and Wanaj taught us this.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 17, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
rabbi,fmn got an award recently for consistent dividend payment.do you think they will dent that record come FY 2018?they will borrow

There is always a first time. They can do it.

Even if they pay,.it will be so meaningless. Maybe 5 to 10 kobo.

They need to save up more.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 9:30am On Feb 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

And don't forget news on policy somersaults.

See the CBN news now...see what it will do to some banks.

Your pessisim is just too much.
You are getting some folks confused.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 9:31am On Feb 17, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

There is always a first time. They can do it.

Even if they pay,.it will be so meaningless. Maybe 5 to 10 kobo.

They need to save up more.

N1 is my projection
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 17, 2018
pluto09:

No matter what happens, I don't think the price will go below the right issue price in the short to medium term.

Low dividend or non payment of dividend will depress the price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 17, 2018
pluto09:

N1 is my projection

If rights are included, N1 will translate to N4b.

Just like raising money and paying dividends from it.

Ok oo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 17, 2018
pluto09:

Your pessisim is just too much.
You are getting some folks confused.

A pessimist is an ex-optimist. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3158) (3159) (3160) (3161) (3162) (3163) (3164) ... (7816) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dominic17 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.