Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,187 members, 7,835,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10970307 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3290) (3291) (3292) (3293) (3294) (3295) (3296) ... (7781) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 14, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Some transgender dey here

Lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ZikkyChops(m): 7:46pm On Mar 14, 2018
shocked cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 8:40pm On Mar 14, 2018
stocks with new 52 week lows
unity Kapital assurance #0.30k
sovereign #0.30k
ftn cocoa #0.28k
Africa alliance #0.28k
Thomas Wyatt #0.44k
Tantalizers #0.44k
regency alliance #0.30k
capital oil #0.40k
Stocks with new 52 week highs
NEM #2.75k
fidson #5.14k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gbengus50: 8:59pm On Mar 14, 2018
Dear brothers and sisters, don't let the this forum become a slanging match and be like SMN. That was a great forum until politics and personal attacks took over.Let's focus on how to make the dough and let bygone be bygone.I sight Nosa2 NEM incredible run.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 14, 2018
vivie01:

@tritritri
How are you?
Are you still sulking or on the look out for another opportunity?

My sister i don't know if i can survive dis bear ooh..didnt even recognize my portfolio again with the losses.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nio68(m): 9:16pm On Mar 14, 2018
Nem gradually strolling towards N3..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vivie01(f): 9:18pm On Mar 14, 2018
tritritri:

My sister i don't know if i can survive dis bear ooh..didnt even recognize my portfolio again with the losses.

Oh, sorry for that.
As it is, dont sell in panic, if you must sell dont sell at loss. More patience is required at this time as the bear wouldnt be here for long; it's a cycle, it's a phase.
Hope you have not re-purchased flourmill? Allow the dust to settle first.
All shall surely be well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 9:44pm On Mar 14, 2018
vivie01:

Oh, sorry for that.
As it is, dont sell in panic, if you must sell dont sell at loss. More patience is required at this time as the bear wouldnt be here for long; it's a cycle, it's a phase.
Hope you have not re-purchased flourmill? Allow the dust to settle first.
All shall surely be well.

If he bought on speculative purpose might need to visit his barber (cut his loss), but if the said stock was bought with Methuselah in mind, then it can be carried over to next semester no wahala

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by godlyguy(m): 9:44pm On Mar 14, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
This mendes of a guy your were not like this before.we know people that talks too much eg rabbi,loco and...abi buhari don show for your area?

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:46pm On Mar 14, 2018
GTB -240K EPS - 603

ZENITH- 245K EPS- 566
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vivie01(f): 9:50pm On Mar 14, 2018
Intendy:

If he bought on speculative purpose might need to visit his barber (cut his loss), but if the said stock was bought with Methuselah in mind, then it can be carried over to next semester no wahala
Yeah, cutting his loss too might be an option especially if he bought at or close to 52 weeks high. If the loss is much however, he could opt to average down when relative stability is perceived to be in view. Also if he's not in urgent need of fund.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 14, 2018
Intendy:

@vivie01 Thanks did not purchase yet.
@Intendy long time boss. missing the great nsempa of 2016/2017.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 10:10pm On Mar 14, 2018
My ci leasing bid yesterday @1.70 was not filled.
Today it gained over 7%.
My hair cut has grown back. grin
Waiting for dangsuga and dangflour, they must deliver.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 10:12pm On Mar 14, 2018
Nosa2 is always sighted here without opening upbor is he reading from page one, lol

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nosa2(m): 10:57pm On Mar 14, 2018
soloniger:
Nosa2 is always sighted here without opening upbor is he reading from page one, lol

grin

Conversations are difficult to follow here. Plus I am still bearish on the Naira so I'm not touching Nigerian assets yet. Let the currency bloodbath finish then I'll be back
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 11:29pm On Mar 14, 2018
Cadillac15:
SINCE YOU GUYS HAVE DECIDED TO KILL THIS PROFITABLE FORUM DUE TO UNNECESSARY SELFISHNESS AND INSULTS, I WILL TROLL ANY COMMENT HERE THAT I DEEM FIT FROM NOW ONWARDS.

LETS SEE WHO GETS TIRED FIRST.
Don't sin because others are into sin, be example to others any were you are . ONE LOVE .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:55pm On Mar 14, 2018
Cadillac15:
SINCE YOU GUYS HAVE DECIDED TO KILL THIS PROFITABLE FORUM DUE TO UNNECESSARY SELFISHNESS AND INSULTS, I WILL TROLL ANY COMMENT HERE THAT I DEEM FIT FROM NOW ONWARDS.

LETS SEE WHO GETS TIRED FIRST.
So unnecessary. That's what they want. Don't let them have their way. Be yourself and guard your portfolio.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:20am On Mar 15, 2018
Mpeace:
So unnecessary. That's what they want. Don't let them have their way. Be yourself and guard your portfolio.

Are you really serious about averaging down on diamond or u just giving the house something to talk about ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 12:31am On Mar 15, 2018
nosa2:

Conversations are difficult to follow here. Plus I am still bearish on the Naira so I'm not touching Nigerian assets yet. Let the currency bloodbath finish then I'll be back

With the oil price, forex reserve level, peace in the ND, there is some 'comfort' for the Naira smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chunkuli: 12:49am On Mar 15, 2018
and we know yours and ur ass licking boys too grin
RabbiDoracle:

The guy wants the gidigbo to continue.

Then in Aba, when people fight after a traffic accident, crowd will encircle you and watch and jeer. When the tempo had reduced, someone from the crowd(just like chunkuli) will chip in and say this light that is broken will cost you guys like N100,000. Hmmm.....the fight continues again. grin

We know his type grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:20am On Mar 15, 2018
Random

"I’m always thinking about losing money as opposed to making money. Don’t focus on making money, focus on protecting what you have.”

– #PaulTudorJones

#tough #mindset

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:58am On Mar 15, 2018
fxuser:
Random

"I’m always thinking about losing money as opposed to making money. Don’t focus on making money, focus on protecting what you have.”

– #PaulTudorJones

#tough #mindset

Gbam
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:10am On Mar 15, 2018
fxuser:
Random

– #PaulTudorJones

#tough #mindset

That is my new mantra now
What do I stand to lose if I invest HERE and NOW?
A first question before I think about profit

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 6:49am On Mar 15, 2018
nosa2:

yes conversations here are concentrated in one thread unlike smn were they are in different threads. It is unfortunate smn which is a whole platform dedicated to stock discussions was left to go down.

embarassed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 7:09am On Mar 15, 2018
Good morning to all forumites, please before trading of shares or words today let us find a good time to say a prayer in support of Chibugo Onwekwe. May she be reunited to her parents safely.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 7:20am On Mar 15, 2018
tritritri:

Are you really serious about averaging down on diamond or u just giving the house something to talk about ?
I am not averaging down. I bought most of my diamond between 1 & 1.05. My average purchase price so far is about 1.50. I am still buying because I believe many things will happen between now and q2 2018.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbuego: 7:38am On Mar 15, 2018
Mpeace:
I am not averaging down. I bought most of my diamond between 1 & 1.05. My average purchase price so far is about 1.50. I am still buying because I believe many things will happen between now and q2 2018.

Is it better you should wait until after election if you intended for long-term as I know most stocks will be cheaper because of election uncertainty?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 7:40am On Mar 15, 2018
stockbuego:

Is it better you should wait until after election if you intended for long-term as I know most stocks will be cheaper because of election uncertainty?
l am selling after q2 2018 result. That is more than six months before election.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 7:41am On Mar 15, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DonDiego(m): 8:06am On Mar 15, 2018
Japaul slides 8.3% after BusinessDay report questions Milost offer….

By Lolade Akinmurele – BusinessDay

"Japaul Oil & Maritime Services Plc, a Nigerian oil-services company, has gone from best to worst performing stock on the Nigerian Stock Exchange in almost a blink, after questions were raised over a deal with private equity firm, Milost.

The company’s share price fell 8.3 percent to N0.88 (88 kobo) Tuesday, according to Bloomberg data, making it the worst performing stock of the day. The price decline wiped off some N570 million from the company’s market capitalisation which hit N6.07 billion Friday, March 9.

“Momentum is fizzling out for Japaul,” a source said on condition of anonymity given the sensitivity of the matter. “The price has peaked and it is downhill from here,” the source added.

Two calls made to a phone number on Japaul’s website went unanswered. In what appears a typical pump and dump scenario, Japaul’s shares had rallied some 177 percent since disclosing a $350 million financing deal with US-based private equity firm, Milost, only to retreat after questions trailed the ingenuity of the deal.

The February 20 announcement of the deal set the tone for the oil and gas services company to rally for two straight weeks, jumping 53.9 per cent in the week ended March 9 to emerge the best performing stock. It was reported that Milost will invest $250 million in equity and add another $100 million in convertible loans.

But the numbers for the deal do not add up.

The company reported total assets of N27 billion, total liabilities of N51 billion and a net loss of N2billion in the 3rd quarter of 2017. A $350 million (N126 billion) investment in the same Japaul would amount to acquiring the firm 100 percent, which does not make any sense.

“Rather than invest over N100 billion in Japaul why didn’t they (Milost) just set up a new oil and gas servicing company that will be free of any liabilities,” a market source familiar with the matter asked rhetorically. “This has every appearance of a typical pump and dump scenario,” the source said. “Pump and dump” (P&grin) is a form of securities fraud that involves artificially inflating the price of an owned stock through false and misleading positive statements, in order to sell the cheaply purchased stock at a higher price. Once the operators of the scheme “dump” sell their overvalued shares, the price falls and investors lose their money.

As stated in a report March 12, BusinessDay called a New-York phone number available on Milost’s website, but after being asked for comment, the lady who answered the phone disconnected the call and two subsequent calls to the same number went unanswered. Calls made on Tuesday also went unanswered.

Milost has also made other questionable investments since the turn of the New Year, from its $250 million promised investment in Resort Savings and Loans to the $1.1 billion acquisition of real estate firm, PrimeWaterview.

Resort savings and Loans has a market capitalisation of N5.6 billion, according to data on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE). The mortgage provider has not published a financial statement since the 3rd quarter of 2015 when it reported net profits of N34.2 million on revenues of N1 billion and shareholder funds of N2.92 billion.Its total assets for the period came in at N10.1 billion, but Milost is prepared to invest N90 billion in the company. “The unfounded nature of the Resort deal suggests there is zero possibility of the transaction happening,” one source familiar with the matter told BusinessDay.

“The Japaul deal is no different and it leaves the door open to question the financial standing of the company (Milost),” the source said.

Private Equity firms rarely go for control deals in Nigeria- deals where they acquire over 50% of a company. “In cases where they do, they are reluctant to go as high as 95 percent but Milost is doing deals that are even above 100 percent,” another market source speaking anonymously due to the sensitivity of the matter told BusinessDay.

Resort was not readily available for comment.

Milost’s biggest announced deal yet is the $1.1 billion (N360 billion) acquisition of real-estate firm, Primewaterview holdings. But even that deal has its faults, sources claim, as the said firm lacks the requisite assets to command an acquisition of that size. A phone call made by BusinessDay to the number found on Primewaterview’s website was not answered when contacted at around 6:30pm on Friday. It was more of the same on Tuesday, with the company unable to comment.

The real estate company has completed about 741 housing projects, predominantly three-bedroom apartments across Lekki and Oniru, as deduced from its website. For all its swashbuckling outlay which come to around $1.7 billion (N612 billion at N360/$), Milost is relatively unheard of among private equity players who question the ingenuity of some of these investments.

BusinessDay sources at the Central bank couldn’t immediately confirm if Milost obtained a Certificate of Capital Importation (CCI) for its announced investments. A phone call and text message to CBN spokesperson, Isaac Okorafor went unanswered Tuesday. A CCI provides statutory evidence of capital inflow into a Nigerian company. CCI’s are Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) certificates issued by banks.

As deduced from its website, Milost Global was founded by Mandla J Gwandiso in 2015 and is headquartered in New York City, with more than $25 billion in committed capital. Gwadiso also serves as the Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Precise Acquisition, Inc. Between February 2009 and February 2013, he was an independent consultant to Sichuan Hanlong Group Co., Ltd where he was the Lead Advisor. From March 2013 to November 2015, he served as the President & Chief Executive Officer of Sigur Capital Inc."

MILOST GLOBAL IS A FRAUDULENT ORGANISATION OBVIOUSLY.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 15, 2018
DonDiego:

The company reported total assets of N27 billion, total liabilities of N51 billion and a net loss of N2billion in the 3rd quarter of 2017. A $350 million (N126 billion) investment in the same Japaul would amount to acquiring the firm 100 percent, which does not make any sense.

Rather than invest over N100 billion in Japaul why didn’t they (Milost) just set up a new oil and gas servicing company that will be free of any liabilities,” a market source familiar with the matter asked rhetorically

Lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 8:22am On Mar 15, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

For a high stock price:

It is very simple. Laymen compare the dividend declared with gain they made and calculate how many years their gain will cover the dividend assuming they pay the same amount.

Example:

Dayo buys bank A shares at N24. He hold the shares for 2 years and price hits N50. He assumes that if they pay slightly higher than the previous year dividend, he could get like N2.6 per share.

Now he tries to compare difference between N50 and N24. This is N26 per share.

With simple BODMAS, he divides the gain per share by the dividend per share. This gives him 10 years assuming they pay this amount continuously.

This mean that he compares the 10 years cash out (N26)or hold the dividend (N2.6)

The laymen will quickly apply 'Nkemjika".
Yes, good point. But, I want to add that upward and downward movement of stock is largely determined by traders on a daily basis who opt in and out of stocks after getting some capital appreciation to position themselves in another stock. Some crude investor cares less and are not ready to sell even if the stock price double or not, what they are after is reasonable dividend, you can see this people mostly in companies like nestle, unilever, CAP etc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3290) (3291) (3292) (3293) (3294) (3295) (3296) ... (7781) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: edwardaigb, bubykay01, bolton08(m), Streetinvestor2, sterlingD(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.