Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:57 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11071493 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3387) (3388) (3389) (3390) (3391) (3392) (3393) ... (7816) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:36pm On Apr 05, 2018
chunkuli:
the GAOTT! congrats grin

For simplicity, GOAT

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 3:41pm On Apr 05, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
this is not good.I think sec should investigate this rubbish.they stated in their report that they were not paying any dividend,only to turn back to pay 15k.there are people(myself included)that might have sold based on no dividend story.Is this a new trend?
I was wondering too shocked, they said they'll consider dividend during their next agm.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 05, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

For simplicity, GOAT

Liver dey cut the guy to write am grin grin grin

E good as you correct am for it tongue

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 05, 2018
gloriousdawn:

Congrats.

The Baba no even say na chief alarmist, e come be Grand loun loun. grin grin

Make una no kee me here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 05, 2018
sellydion:

WE rejoice with your on your coronation. Ade ape lori. grin grin

Amin.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:15pm On Apr 05, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
medicine after death.
DOLLARTEX:
this is not good.I think sec should investigate this rubbish.they stated in their report that they were not paying any dividend,only to turn back to pay 15k.there are people(myself included)that might have sold based on no dividend story.Is this a new trend?

The previous post to Sir Swilo should also serve ur purpose Sir Dollartex.
...pls kindly try to learn from it.

...and to the part of ur post in bold, I wonder why u would want to sell off a stock with that much impressive result because u felt it didn't pay a dividend.
In ur opinion, does it mean that CAVERTON shouldn't be of a good investment if indeed, it fails to pay a dividend?
Is it that there was really nothing in their result that could've very well made up for the non-payment of any dividend?

The truth is; looking at the impressive nature of their result, any wise investor would've looked beyond the payment of any minot dividend. ...for such investor the payment of any, if and when its given should only serve as a mere additional incentive and not a yardstick to judge the YE 2017 fantastic performance of the company.
Am sure u wouldn't have sold if u had this line of thought. ...but then again it was ur decision to make.

The lesson here is that we need to learn to see beyond the expectation of any dividend. ...because the performance of a coy supersedes everything !! ...same goes out for DANGOTE FLOUR and DANGOTE SUGAR. (like I said before, the future lies herein).
...for a coy can give out very little or even no dividend at all, but yet appreciate well enough in value/price and vise versa.
U can find out how true this is by looking thru the recent trading activities in the likes of SEPLAT, UNILEVER, CUSTODIAN, CCNN, NEM and ACCESS to mention just a few.

However, u do not need to regret any thing. ...u took that action to sell, and so that trade belongs to the past now.
Is time to look ahead. ...am sure there'll be other opportunities.
But try to learn from this.

I wish u well in ur next endeavour !!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 4:28pm On Apr 05, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:42pm On Apr 05, 2018
safepaulooo:

@Onegentleguy doing his thing. The guy SOLID ooh

Not me oo my oga !!
...na small person I be oo. wink cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:42pm On Apr 05, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 05, 2018
@ onegentleguy,thanks for the advice.I wish them goodluck.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 5:40pm On Apr 05, 2018
phemmie06:

How reliable is this statement with the notice of late filing of result released yesterday?

If V = X
and X tends to Y,
...then the probability that V tends to Y will be equivalent to 1.
...and the statement therefore becomes a tautology. (a logical statement in mathematics wherein the conclusion is usually equivalent to the premise. ...and which is often true).

Conclusion: there is usually no smoke without fire my dear !!

With the tier 2 banks (except for ETI and STANBIC), CAUTION should be the watchword.
However, 'some inhabitants in the NSE room' might also have other plans.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2018
onegentleguy:

The previous post to Sir Swilo should also serve ur purpose Sir Dollartex.
...pls kindly try to learn from it.

...and to the part of ur post in bold, I wonder why u would want to sell off a stock with that much impressive result because u felt it didn't pay a dividend.
In ur opinion, does it mean that CAVERTON shouldn't be of a good investment if indeed, it fails to pay a dividend?
Is it that there was really nothing in their result that could've very well made up for the non-payment of any dividend?

The truth is; looking at the impressive nature of their result, any wise investor would've looked beyond the payment of any minot dividend. ...for such investor the payment of any, if and when its given should only serve as a mere additional incentive and not a yardstick to judge the YE 2017 fantastic performance of the company.
Am sure u wouldn't have sold if u had this line of thought. ...but then again it was ur decision to make.

The lesson here is that we need to learn to see beyond the expectation of any dividend. ...because the performance of a coy supersedes everything !! ...same goes out for DANGOTE FLOUR and DANGOTE SUGAR. (like I said before, the future lies herein).
...for a coy can give out very little or even no dividend at all, but yet appreciate well enough in value/price and vise versa.
U can find out how true this is by looking thru the recent trading activities in the likes of SEPLAT, UNILEVER, CUSTODIAN, CCNN, NEM and ACCESS to mention just a few.

However, u do not need to regret any thing. ...u took that action to sell, and so that trade belongs to the past now.
Is time to look ahead. ...am sure there'll be other opportunities.
But try to learn from this.

I wish u well in ur next endeavour !!

Let me add sugar to the matter. grin

Are you saying that when an employee works, he should not be given anything and just relish on the performance of the company?

Will that put food on their table? grin cheesy

Should shareholders go empty handed? Fa bu Aaron?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 05, 2018
onegentleguy:

If V = X
and X tends to Y,
...and the statement therefore becomes a tautology. (a logical statement in mathematics wherein the conclusion is usually equivalent to the premise. ...and which is often true).

With the tier 2 banks (except for ETI and STANBIC), CAUTION should be the watchword.

Your head still dey work out maths ooo...

Me I don use electric wire earth my own comot so that space go dey for money matter. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:55pm On Apr 05, 2018
Was able to get some units of Caverton today, just got my contract note.

Can somebody help me with the current audited financial report of Eterna oil?

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:56pm On Apr 05, 2018
onegentleguy:

If V = X
and X tends to Y,

Further mathematics on top money matter. Abeg how much of this dangote sabi�

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 05, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Thank you.

You just dey buy everything. Soon you will have the index in your portfolio grin

Stocks count now 48. I'm counting
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 5:59pm On Apr 05, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
medicine after death.
They are trying to keep the company on a bullish trend
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 6:02pm On Apr 05, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Mogbe grin
Kí ni? Wetin you carry, for where you carry am, who you carry am give. O ti mó yè yí jẹ...
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:04pm On Apr 05, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

You just dey buy everything. Soon you will have the index in your portfolio grin

Stocks count now 48. I'm counting

Grand commander, e never reach 40 but very close to it.

When we go come celebrate with you as per your new title which was keenly contested.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 6:07pm On Apr 05, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

No mind the guy jare...he think say na only him fit use algebra confuse person...@onegentleguy God is watching you in 4D.... grin...Nice one dude
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 6:08pm On Apr 05, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Thank you.
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/21535_ETERNA_PLC._CORPORATE_ACTIONS_MARCH_2018.pdf
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/21517_ETERNA_PLC._FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_MARCH_2018.pdf
PA Emma Remember me in your kingdom

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Let me add sugar to the matter. grin

Are you saying that when an employee works, he should not be given anything and just relish on the performance of the company?

Will that put food on their table? grin cheesy

Should shareholders go empty handed? Fa bu Aaron?

Not at all my dear !!
...for if a proper perusal of a companies result shows that they do have more than enough cash in retained earnings, and there is no clear expectation for the need of it, then it would make good sense to question the non-payment of dividend(s) over time.

My point however is that such non-payment shouldn't be the only basis for judging the overall performance or likely direction of a company.
...for an Investor with foresight, its important to look beyond any dividend payment to the inherent potentials of the company.
The overall performance of a coy should always precede any such expectation.

Unfortunately, this was'nt the case with Sir Dollartex. ...which necessitated my revert then.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 6:10pm On Apr 05, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Enjoying this ride at the moment... grin grin grin

https://stocktwits.com/symbol/LFIN

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 6:11pm On Apr 05, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Grand commander, e never reach 40 but very close to it.

When we go come celebrate with you as per your new title which was keenly contested.
Chai out of our many active and lively stocks, we go make you president of NSE.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Thank you.

I should have mopped up all the units on offer today before the div news broke but wanted it down a little more before making the move.... grin Anyways, tomorrow is another day. I will try and get mine also.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:15pm On Apr 05, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 6:15pm On Apr 05, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:20pm On Apr 05, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Thank you.

To the part in bold, a very good one Pa Emma.
Permit me to officially welcome u on board the CAVERTON AIRLINE !!
...u my dear is one all-touching investor with plenty of foresight.

Fortunately, we have been here since the N1.2 to 1.3 price avenue !! wink cheesy grin

Congrats to u Sir !!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 6:20pm On Apr 05, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Thank you very much.
I remain loyal sir, even pass loyal milk
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:29pm On Apr 05, 2018
Coolcash1:

I should have mopped up all the units on offer today before the div news broke but wanted it down a little more before making the move.... grin Anyways, tomorrow is another day. I will try and get mine also.

Hear this my dear;
The CAVERTON AIRLINE is a sure place to 'reside in the NSE room'.
...it's either now or never !!
Q1 will be explosive.
Let me give u a small hint; the 2 recent very juicy contracts they were involved in is even yet to be inculcated in their earnings.
...their fantastic YE 2017 result didn't even include 'these 2 drivers'.
I could say more, but I wouldn't wish to smack off the impression of monkey hunting.

We would see how Mr TIME rides on the CAVERTON AIRLINE in the short to mid term !! wink cheesy

NOTE: DD still advised as always pls.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2018
phemmie06:

They are trying to keep the company on a bullish trend
You got the drift.After all this gragra,i will be surprised if they did not announce right issue at the next agm self.The result was good quite alright,but why the deceit?If i have been in this helicopter for months waiting for dividend and the dividend did not show,i have to mooove.They called us dividend hunters,and we say yes sir!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 6:41pm On Apr 05, 2018
Please where can I get the NASD stock financial statement. Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (3387) (3388) (3389) (3390) (3391) (3392) (3393) ... (7816) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.