Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,213 members, 7,846,025 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3485) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11008226 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3482) (3483) (3484) (3485) (3486) (3487) (3488) ... (7796) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2018
Forget that Perfect Trade

When you’re risking your own money, do you feel the need to find that secret information that nobody yet knows or find the perfect forex trade setup?

Some traders are so obsessed with trying to find the “perfect trade” that they end up not trading enough to get experience and develop the trader mindset, which in turn decreases the odds of long term profitability. Trading is not the line of work you want to be in if you’re a perfectionist. You can plan a trade systematically only to end up losing money because an unforeseen event invalidates the trade setup that you thought was sooo perfect, slapping you in the face and asking if you’d like more in the process…that’s the markets!

While you don’t want to become a careless and impulsive currency trader, you don’t want to be an extreme perfectionist either. Remember there’s no such thing as a “perfect setup” or a guaranteed profit.

Instead of being perfect, try being average. For all you “A” students out there, I know this almost sounds blasphemous since I’m basically suggesting you strive for a “C” grade, but hear me out.

If you’re just starting, rather than looking for the “perfect” setup, find a setup with a good probability of success. Yes, you might make less profit per trade (or even lose that trade), but you’ll actually take risk and give yourself a chance to develop your skills, learn, and make a profit. You may find that you prefer a “less-than-perfect” trade since you’re more relaxed, which tends to be more supportive of high performance than being stressed (which a perfectionist mindset tends to bring).

Since the market is full of uncertainties, trading is all about probabilities. And as long as the setups are legitimate and you’re using sound money management and risk control to max out profits and cut losses, you’ll make enough trades to come out ahead. You’ll be able to get the losing trades “off your back” and focus on winning trades.

If you’re an uptight perfectionist, you’ll always be on edge and will hardly be able to execute any trades. This will be your downfall because you won’t be able to pull the trigger on forex trades that were “less than perfect” but had a good chance of profitability.

Dare to be average and see what happens. A student who makes straight “A’s” may be smarter but the “C” student sitting behind him may be richer.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 5:35pm On Apr 26, 2018
ww.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/21981_CAVERTON_OFFSHORE_SUPPORT_GROUP_PLC_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_APRIL_2018.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 5:41pm On Apr 26, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 5:54pm On Apr 26, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 26, 2018

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 6:17pm On Apr 26, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
are we still caving the skye,lol

Wow! Mixed sentiments!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by valentinenwoko: 6:39pm On Apr 26, 2018
Share reconstruction is awaiting Sec/ Nse approval. Abraaj 12.5 million dollars loan, 2.5 will be repaid,
while the rest converted to equity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:44pm On Apr 26, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
are we still caving the skye,lol

The result is clearly a positive one !!

But u probably need to read thru it, peruse the figures properly and interpret it well.
Am sure u would be able to draw up a better inference thereafter.
...and u wont be needing to ask that question again my dear.
Its clear u haven't even checked the result urself. wink cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 7:01pm On Apr 26, 2018
onegentleguy:

The result is very positive !!

But u probably need to read thru it, peruse the figures properly and interpret it well.

My Oga,

The numbers are impressive. The only thing I don't like is the revenue drop. Even though I know that the airplane/helicopter charter income is largely variable. There was also a drop in their basic airplane / helicopter contract income which one expects should increase with all the news of gaining more contracts, except those monies were not factored in. I see a huge operational efficiency, but CAVERTON should have cleared our doubts.

You can throw more light on the result so I get a better perspective.

IMO sir, the stock will pay for this a bit before soaring again.

#MYOPINION
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 7:16pm On Apr 26, 2018
valentinenwoko:
Share reconstruction is awaiting Sec/ Nse approval. Abraaj 12.5 million dollars loan, 2.5 will be repaid,

Oga, these four companies sell magic and confusion in NSE: (FO, OANDO, JAPAUL, CILEASING).

Please, what is the implication of this share reconstruction to a newbie? I believe money will come out of it but I dont know how.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 26, 2018
onegentleguy:

The result is clearly a positive one !!

You are intimidating me my dear.The numbers are out,if the result falls below expectation and all the hype,then we discuss it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2018
swilo:

Oga, these four companies sell magic and confusion in NSE: (FO, OANDO, JAPAUL, CILEASING).

Please, what is the implication of this share reconstruction to a newbie? I believe money will come out of it but I dont know how.

If the company has good fundamental and well managed it then means they will have less share outstanding and there will be price appreciation as in the case of stanbic ibtc.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 7:44pm On Apr 26, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 26, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
You are intimidating me my dear.The numbers are out,if the result falls below expectation and all the hype,then we discuss it.

The result has no comprehensive details.I think that result has to be questioned so that investors will know the way forward.The accountant/company sec should also be addressed for this kind of rubbish packaging.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 8:06pm On Apr 26, 2018

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 26, 2018
Teeonly:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/21985_JAIZ_BANK_PLC_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_APRIL_2018.pdf

Though this result is a poor one,it is stated in a professional way.I like this statement of result.
But come o...........Jaiz bank no know say their OS too much for market.make una try help una shareholders small o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 8:37pm On Apr 26, 2018
swilo:

My Oga,

The numbers are impressive. The only thing I don't like is the revenue drop. Even though I know that the airplane/helicopter charter income is largely variable. There was also a drop in their basic airplane / helicopter contract income which one expects should increase with all the news of gaining more contracts, except those monies were not factored in. I see a huge operational efficiency, but CAVERTON should have cleared our doubts.

You can throw more light on the result so I get a better perspective.

IMO sir, the stock will pay for this a bit before soaring again.

#MYOPINION

On the very slight drop in revenue (approx 11% y/y), am sure u read the CEOs statement on that so there's no point highlighting it further.
However, my findings is that the said contractual line they lost is the least from an income perspective.
That probably explains why it didn't really have any visible impact on their earnings.
Management should however be comended for growing their earnings and PAT Y/Y even when they had one less line of income on a contractual basis.
I also like the fact that they have consistently gone on a cost cutting measure within the last 9 quarters.

On the part of ur post in bold, the recent contracts actually started out on the 1st of Aprill, so it's only natural that the kick back/input will not be seen in Q1.
...the likely impact should be felt from Q2 2018.
They need to do better with their level of disclosure but that doesn't take much away from their good performance.
Overall, this is still an impressive result !!

In all, given what we know and continue to see, we believe that the future is here.
I've always said that somethings are better left unsaid. wink cheesy
For in due course, Mr TIME will put them in their right perspective !!
...our duty is just to ensure that 'we are friends with him'.
We remain unshakable on board the CAVERTON AIRLINE !! wink cheesy

Disclosure: CAVERTON constitutes a part of my investment portfolio.
Disclaimer: This shouldn't be interpreted to mean any kind of recommendation. ...DD still always advised pls.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:01pm On Apr 26, 2018
swilo:
shocked
Hilarious! grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:23am On Apr 27, 2018
dipoolowoo:
Our Digitisation Strategy Rapidly Yielding Results—Ecobank
**As Shareholders Laud Return to Profitability
https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/04/26/our-digitisation-strategy-rapidly-yielding-results-ecobank/

Diamond Bank Sells 100% Stake in UK Subsidiary
https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/04/26/diamond-bank-sells-100-stake-in-uk-subsidiary/

Nigerian Stocks Lose 0.12% as Market Corrections Persist
https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/04/25/nigerian-stocks-lose-0-12-as-market-corrections-persist/

Diamond shedding excess weight, they shud sell the MD join lolx

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:27am On Apr 27, 2018
FBN
- bears had the day and d week
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:45am On Apr 27, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:39am On Apr 27, 2018
valentinenwoko:

The MD appears to be a smooth talker, one of the directors Ikechukwu Duru is my stockbroker at FSDH Securities.

What is the conversion rate of Abraaj loan to C and I shares? Unfortunately the representative of Abraaj on the board hardly attend board meetings he was also absent at the AGM. There will be an EGM before the shares reconstruction and debt conversion to equity can occur.

I hope shareholders won't be short changed through this? I will call IK to give me his sincere opinion about the questions you raised.

Thank you very much for the feedback.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3482) (3483) (3484) (3485) (3486) (3487) (3488) ... (7796) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jerekre(m), SetrakusRa(m), Princkez, emmasoft(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.