Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,679 members, 7,851,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:15 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3703) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11032406 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3700) (3701) (3702) (3703) (3704) (3705) (3706) ... (7804) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 02, 2018
onegentleguy:

In simple terms, this means that a stock does not necessarily have to open at the previous days closing price, and does not also need to close at the last trading price in a given market day. (...irrespective of whether the last trade fulfilled the rule of a block volume, based on the given stock category)
Unlike before, these are no longer pre determined factors.
...that's basically what the NOOP/NOCP rule entails.
This is bound to encourage a wide but better volatility, increased market participation from both the retail and domestic portfolio investors.
Overall, the entirety of the new rule is very healthy, and would surely drive up a lot of liquidity in the market.

Though complicated, but any smart investor should know how to benefit from this rule.

...there is more to come !!

In other words only NSE can decide at what price a stock should open or close Yes or No ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 1:39pm On Jul 02, 2018
FO

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:42pm On Jul 02, 2018
Yayira:

In other words only NSE can decide at what price a stock should open or close Yes or No ?

Pls refer to the rule, then try and read thru the post with calm, to understand it better.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:57pm On Jul 02, 2018
fxuser:

please share more
also think it a necessary step towards other products such as short selling et al . .

The new rule will also possibly ensure that there is a LIKELY QUICKER OR SHORTER TRANSITION PERIOD/TIME between a BEAR market and a BULL market.
There is something to make of that, if u can interpret it well.

...it sure will make for some interesting times ahead !!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 02, 2018
onegentleguy:

Pls refer to the rule, then try and read thru the post with calm, to understand it better.

I made a comment, which means I’ve read the ruleS and UNDERSTOOD each and everyone of them but you quote me with your usual long epistle and I reply back asking you a question in simple terms then you say I should go and read the your post with Calm. WTF you mean by calm ?
Please Please Please just stay your lane

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 02, 2018
currentprice:
hmmm, that means if zenith enter full over today price go reach N22.50

i no pray so because of yeriya grin

shocked shocked shocked

Nothing dey happen..
I dey here
Let it reach 22
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2018
Yayira:

I made a comment, which means I’ve read the ruleS and UNDERSTOOD each and everyone of them but you quote me with your usual long epistle and I reply back asking you a question in simple terms then you say I should go and read the your post with Calm. WTF you mean by calm ?
Please Please Please just stay your line

Surely u took my post out of context.
...u should've been a bit more MATURE not to escalate it to this line.
However, I shall do well to abide by the part of ur post in bold.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cornwall: 2:16pm On Jul 02, 2018
fxuser:

please share more
also think it a necessary step towards other products such as short selling et al . .

Interesting times ahead
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by oyesola: 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2018
Few minutes to the end of session and all offers are being mopped

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2018
seems d last 15 mins is a mid point bid vs offer
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:21pm On Jul 02, 2018
fxuser:
seems d last 15 mins is a mid point bid vs offer

No my dear.
...it's actually the highest bid versus the lowest offer.
I stated that here in the past.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 2:23pm On Jul 02, 2018
onegentleguy:

No my dear.

umm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2018
onegentleguy:

No my dear.

lol seems to reduce or eliminate d impact of ''hidden'' / last min order books somewhat . .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 2:36pm On Jul 02, 2018
at last mkt begin re-pricing cileasing and caverton. then no be mate

cp still stand on this, cileasing will likely be one of the best performing stock of the year. time will tell

let see how Q2 result will be

cc NoMoney

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2018
onegentleguy:

The new rule will also possibly ensure that there is a LIKELY QUICKER OR SHORTER TRANSITION PERIOD/TIME between a BEAR market and a BULL market.
There is something to make of that, if u can interpret it well.

...it sure will make for some interesting times ahead !!

People may trap losses faster than they think now. Within a week one can easily lose 50% of his portfolio... Gamblers' paradise!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 2:50pm On Jul 02, 2018
Is the new rule in force?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:04pm On Jul 02, 2018
otokx:
Is the new rule in force?
Yes sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zhirinovsky: 3:19pm On Jul 02, 2018
So now, what determines the opening price of a stock?
onegentleguy:

In simple terms, this means that a stock does not necessarily have to open at the previous days closing price, and does not also need to close at the last trading price in a given market day. (...irrespective of whether the last trade fulfilled the rule of a block volume, based on the given stock category)
Unlike before, these are no longer pre determined factors.
...that's basically what the NOOP/NOCP rule entails.
This is bound to encourage a wide but better volatility, increased market participation from both the retail and domestic portfolio investors.
Overall, the entirety of the new rule is very healthy, and would surely drive up a lot of liquidity in the market.

Though complicated, but any smart investor should know how to benefit from this rule.

...there is more to come !!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 3:57pm On Jul 02, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 4:15pm On Jul 02, 2018
Abeg make una dey inform us una experience after una don trade this new rule for some months
Me no go grammar school therefore, make I hide for my village
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 4:15pm On Jul 02, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2018
Reading thru certain post here, Its clear to see and also believe that most Nigerians are BAD people.
A few from amongst us here have a very ill disposed attitude and are ungrateful !!
Heaven knows that all my post (including the revelations), was NEVER with an intent to deceive. ...not even a single one of them.
Having some strong market/in-house contacts, I try to reveal what I hear or know and also guide with the necessary insider information ahead of time, so everyone can benefit from them.
I wasn't doing them in expectation of any kind of reward in return. (don't need any from anyone)
...I was doing them because I sincerely wouldn't wish for any investor to experience what I went thru between 2008 and 2014. ...especially the not-so-knowledgeable ones.
I still remember losing nearly 74M (over 40% of which, were funds that was put under my control to manage as at the time) from the share price fall of OCEANIC BANK and many moribund INSURANCE COYS and over 9M from the Govts ill decision to nationalize AFRIBANK. ...including other heavy and very painful losses.
My quest on NOT to wish those bitter experiences to any human, informed my decision and resolve to improve my financial know-how and also help with guiding as many as I could.
Those who know me and who have in one way or the other benefited from the many advise I gave them, can testify that I NEVER accept to receive any gift or money from anyone. ...not even when they plead with me to accept one.
...I simply tell them to try and extend unto others what I have done to them. (pay it forward)
However, I can now see that some bad eggs here are very UNGRATEFUL, ILL-HEARTED and of a BAD DISPOSITION.
It just downed on me that I should've taken the advise of 2 or 3 friends here before now.
...my good deeds have now turned against me !!

I shall do well to learn from this going forward.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by deepsuk(f): 4:40pm On Jul 02, 2018
Yayira:

Please Please Please just stay your lane

very correct....

alot of jokers here men...

forming mature na when small boy dem be

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:40pm On Jul 02, 2018
...It's indeed a funny world we live in !!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by deepsuk(f): 4:41pm On Jul 02, 2018
onegentleguy:

No my dear.

wetin b your offer sef...

mpthewww can u afford d toto with 22 naira

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 4:43pm On Jul 02, 2018
onegentleguy:
Reading thru certain post here, Its clear too see why most Nigerians are BAD people.
A few from amongst us here have a very ill disposed attitude and are ungrateful !!
Heaven knows that all my post (including the revelations), was NEVER with an intent to deceive. ...not even a single one of them.
Having some strong market/in-house contacts, I try to reveal what I hear or know and also guide with the necessary insider information ahead of time, so everyone can benefit from them.
I wasn't doing them in expectation of any kind of reward in return. (don't need any from anyone)
...I was doing them because I sincerely wouldn't wish for any investor to experience what I went thru between 2008 and 2014. ...especially the not-so-knowledgeable ones.
I still remember losing nearly 74M ( over 40% of which, were funds that was put under my control to manage) from the share price fall of OCEANIC BANK and many moribund INSURANCE COYS and over 9M from the Govts ill decision to nationalize AFRIBANK. ...including other heavy and very painful losses.
My quest on NOT to wish those bitter experiences to any human, informed my decision and resolve to improve my financial know-how and also help with guiding as many as I could.
Those who know me and who have in one way or the other benefited from the many advise I gave them, can testify that I NEVER accept to receive any gift or money from anyone.
...I simply tell them to try and extend unto others what I have done to them. (pay it forward)
However, I can now see that some bad eggs here are very UNGRATEFUL, ILL-HEARTED and of a BAD DISPOSITION.
I now also realise I should've taken the advise of 2 or 3 friends here before now.

Chairman all these grammar no clear me
You fit speak am for vernacular?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 4:45pm On Jul 02, 2018
deepsuk:

wetin b your offer sef...

mpthewww can u afford d toto with 22 naira

Please return to where you are coming from
We are still mourning Nigerians that were killed last week
Leave us in peace
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbuego: 4:50pm On Jul 02, 2018
onegentleguy:
Reading thru certain post here, Its clear too see why most Nigerians are BAD people.
I still remember losing nearly 74M ( over 40% of which, were funds that was put under my control to manage) from the share price fall of OCEANIC BANK and many moribund INSURANCE COYS and over 9M from the Govts ill decision to nationalize AFRIBANK. ...including other heavy and very painful losses.
Those who know me and who have in one way or the other benefited from the many advise I gave them, can testify that I NEVER accept to receive any gift or money from anyone.
I now also realise I should've taken the advise of 2 or 3 friends here before now.

Pls bro, don't worry about some of these temper tantrums being displayed intermittently, it might be as a result of some follows losing substantial size of their portfolio, many are very bad in being in control of emotion especially when money is involved; pls I want to understand it and never lose focus.we shall get there.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 5:05pm On Jul 02, 2018
onegentleguy:
Reading thru certain post here, Its clear to see and also believe that most Nigerians are BAD people.
I still remember losing nearly 74M ( over 40% of which, were funds that was put under my control to manage as at the time) from the share price fall of OCEANIC BANK and many moribund INSURANCE COYS and over 9M from the Govts ill decision to nationalize AFRIBANK. ...including other heavy and very painful losses.

Nothing do you brother, the only thing I don't like about some of your posts is your " oversabiness "
You need to put that into consideration going forward as there is nothing like certainty but possibilities in this game

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 5:10pm On Jul 02, 2018
pluto09:

Nothing do you brother, the only thing I don't like about some of your posts is your " oversabiness "
You need to put that into consideration going forward as there is nothing like certainty but possibilities in this game

chai! when i thot you going to settle matter... see the style you take throw the biggest stones. God day o

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 5:14pm On Jul 02, 2018
pluto09:

Lol,

Peperepe peperepe no go dey do pass your sef.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owoblow77: 5:27pm On Jul 02, 2018
@onegentleguy "jeè burę, awő olu'gbébé". Bros, na faceless forum na, yabbing is normal. FYI, I bought(based on YOUR analysis, and hoping that the capacity upgrade affects top & bottom line) units of HWF today @ an avg price of 2.15. But if it goes south, I go still yab u, even if u ignore me.���

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3700) (3701) (3702) (3703) (3704) (3705) (3706) ... (7804) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Redoil, yeddy99, easysunny(m), KarlTom, dammybrite, Cation(m), IamR and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.