Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,089 members, 7,867,145 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:17 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3701) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11095143 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3698) (3699) (3700) (3701) (3702) (3703) (3704) ... (7824) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:54am On Jul 02, 2018
Mcy56:

You don dey go? shocked shocked I think say you don reach self. cheesy

As you never leave bus-stop you better come down from the bus abi you no see bullbearmrk post?
He talk say index don find bottom. Na OYO you dey if you go last last. tongue

Peter don jack his shirt already. He's not going anywhere.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 11:05am On Jul 02, 2018
Mcy56:
Anyone with the link to the new rule please.
I know it must have been posted here. No vex, na now the rule start I wan read am.
cheesy

Modified: Morgan sent a mail as to that effect. That it would be posted on NSE today. Thank you all.

Let's see how the price range for stocks will impact positively or negatively on the share prices........ observing tongue

A stock can now return 20% in a day. Very very interesting.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:09am On Jul 02, 2018
mendes911:
Peter don jack his shirt already. He's not going anywhere.....
LOL. grin grin
We are all in it together. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:10am On Jul 02, 2018
mendes911:
....and can shed 20% in a day? shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 11:11am On Jul 02, 2018
Mcy56:

I no wan talk that one before I will be called names. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:13am On Jul 02, 2018
Mcy56:

Na this one bad pass. One can lose everthing in 5days.
Time to separate nse money from others, make person no pack go village.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:13am On Jul 02, 2018
mendes911:
I no wan talk that one before I will be called names. grin
Chai! shocked I can now see why Agba went to the park today. Village things on point. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 02, 2018
mendes911:

Which part of the rule say this one ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:15am On Jul 02, 2018
Mpeace:
Na this one bad pass. One can lose everthing in 5days.
Time to separate nse money from others, make person no pack go village.
Let's wait for them to roll out the rules first.
I dont expect shedding to be 20% sha, it could be 10% shedding, 20% increase.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by oyesola: 11:15am On Jul 02, 2018
...Honeywell on full bid: One of the few lessons I have learnt is to trade fundamentals not news. Why you asked me? I see no reason why HW should not declare more dividend than they did. The only reason is because of the greed of the majority owners. However, I will buy their greed as I have learnt. They make good companies look bad and profit from the market when prices go down. I have learnt!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by webizone(m): 11:15am On Jul 02, 2018
Guys in the house, I want to open an account with meristem but when I encountered account type, I came across two options: Cash Account and Direct Cash Settlement. Guys, in your opinion, which should I go for and why?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 11:17am On Jul 02, 2018
Yayira:

Which part of the rule say this one ?

-/+ 10% during trading (from previous day close).

You could make a purchase at -10% during trading and MM's can drive it to +10% at market close. That's a whooping 20% (before fees).

I don't want to analyse the other side of it before you stone me to death. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:17am On Jul 02, 2018
oyesola:
...Honeywell on full bid: I have learnt!
Honeywell is on full offer not on full bid.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 11:19am On Jul 02, 2018
oyesola:
... Honeywell on full bid : One of the few lessons I have learnt is to trade fundamentals not news. Why you asked me? I see no reason why HW should not declare more dividend than they did. The only reason is because of the greed of the majority owners. However, I will buy their greed as I have learnt. They make good companies look bad and profit from the market when prices go down. I have learnt!

How HIGH can you be this early morning sir?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:23am On Jul 02, 2018
Mcy56:

Honeywell is on full offer not on full bid.

lollx was waiting for dat

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:26am On Jul 02, 2018
FCMB
- very wide day range to d start of the month . .
- another retest of N2 again ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:27am On Jul 02, 2018
mendes911:
I don't want to analyse the other side of it before you stone me to death. grin
Better dont! No come cause HBP for people here.
Na Peter we go beg to help us order the stone we go take stone you. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 11:30am On Jul 02, 2018
fxuser:
FCMB
- very wide day range to d start of the month . .
- another retest of N2 again ?

FCMB should do and join his brother Diamond at sub N2.00. If not for the activities of MM lately, they would have settled down there.

Meanwhile, maga fit pay here today.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by oyesola: 11:37am On Jul 02, 2018
...Yes I meant full offer. Thanks for the correction

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 11:38am On Jul 02, 2018
Mcy56:
I thought the band was 10% in either direction
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 11:38am On Jul 02, 2018
Mcy56:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:42am On Jul 02, 2018
Ugosample:
Na mendes911 talk say na 20% for the new rule o. I never read am myself. cheesy
....but I've seen it reflected on trading portal for some stocks sha.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 11:44am On Jul 02, 2018
Mcy56:

Na mendes911 talk say na 20% for the new rule o. I never read am myself. cheesy

Re-read my post and analysis. On entry, you can make or lose 20% in a day but you can't keep making/losing same 20% daily on same stock going forward.

You can buy honyflour presently at N2.07 and it can close the day at N2.51. That's 20%.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 11:44am On Jul 02, 2018
oyesola:
...Honeywell on full bid: One of the few lessons I have learnt is to trade fundamentals not news. Why you asked me? I see no reason why HW should not declare more dividend than they did. The only reason is because of the greed of the majority owners. However, I will buy their greed as I have learnt. They make good companies look bad and profit from the market when prices go down. I have learnt!

Interesting

but looking at the price of HW now is nauseating
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:47am On Jul 02, 2018
Ugosample:

u wud note that the day range is wider
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:50am On Jul 02, 2018
mendes911:

Re-read my post and analysis. On entry, you can make or lose 20% in a day but you can't keep making/losing same 20% daily on same stock going forward.

You can buy honyflour presently at N2.07 and it can close the day at N2.51. That's 20%.

lolxx nbst ... Day Traders will be happy .
Was looking at zenith day range .. a whole N5 lolx
anything dat encourages volatility , is good for transparency and enhanced liquidity

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:51am On Jul 02, 2018
fxuser:
u wud note that the day range is wider
Yes boss. Japaul for example closed at 36k; today the lowest bid is 33k and the highest offer is 39k.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 11:52am On Jul 02, 2018
fxuser:

anything dat encourages volatility , is good for transparency and enhanced liquidity

Am a day trader but this one is scary ooo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:57am On Jul 02, 2018
mendes911:
No be same thing we dey talk.
Mpeace, make we beware of this tisha o, he no sabi teach well well. Make person no go fail his subject grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:02pm On Jul 02, 2018
fxuser:
Chai! See Zenith! shocked
Lowest bid price 22.50, highest offer price 27.50. All is well o. sad
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:02pm On Jul 02, 2018
Ugosample:

Yes, there is the possibility of a 20% gain/loss in any stock within a given trading day.

To illustrate;
Assuming a stock Y closed @ N5 on a market day.
...then given the new rule for a maximum 10% gain or loss, the stock can trade at price bands of plus or minus 10% when it opens for trade the next market day.
This means that the coy can drop to as low as 4.50 (which is a minus 10% loss) or move up to as high as 5.50 (which is a plus 10% gain).
A person who manages to buy at the price band low of 4.50 and sells the same day at the price band high of 5.50 has made an over 20% gain. (5.5-4.5/4.5 x 100% = 22.22%).
...on the flip side, one can also lose up to 20% or more on the same day.

If ur using an online trading platform, u would've observed that there is a 10% price boundary both on the bid and offer side of trade.

I have since highlighted these rules long before now.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 12:04pm On Jul 02, 2018
Mcy56:

No be same thing we dey talk.
Mpeace, make we beware of this tisha o, he no sabi teach well well. Make person no go fail his subject grin

I never qualify to be Tudet, talkless of Tisha. Me na school cleaner wey dey try arrange night class for himself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3698) (3699) (3700) (3701) (3702) (3703) (3704) ... (7824) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: talk2me2, emmasoft(m), yMcy56(f), emmanuelewumi(m), ogoo4real, onegentleguy, Laso09, IamR, Babynerd, nosa2(m), megawealth01, Jonwest, bovali(f), Agbalowomeri and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.