Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3876) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10904017 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3873) (3874) (3875) (3876) (3877) (3878) (3879) ... (7758) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:27am On Sep 01, 2018
Weekend meditation

(know dis)
One of the principal reasons so many successful people have failed miserably at trading is that their success is partly attributable to their superior ability to manipulate and control the social environment, to respond to what they want. To some degree, all of us have learned or
developed techniques to make the external environment conform to our mental (interior) environment. The problem is that none of these techniques work with the market.
– Mark Douglas

(understand this)
The typical trader doesn’t predefine his risk, cut his losses, or systematically take profits because the typical trader doesn’t believe it’s necessary. The only reason why he would believe it isn’t necessary is that he believes he already knows what’s going to happen next, based on what he perceives is happening in any given “now moment.”
– Mark Douglas

(do this)
Trading rule 1: Predefine what a loss is in every potential trade.
Trading rule 2: Execute your losing trades immediately upon perception that they exist.
By predefining and cutting your losses short, you are making yourself available to learn the best possible way to let your profits grow.
– Mark Douglas

but my people wont read sha ! #sigh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:30am On Sep 01, 2018
Mcy56:

Shuuu! shocked shocked
Boss no do this na, you wan pursue me from this class be this na. undecided
Sir, abeg allow make I graduate in peace. grin

hehehe
deriz no graduation in d school , those who claim to hv graduated hv come back

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:35am On Sep 01, 2018
Two elephants are in a long-term fight in NSE at the moment
If you be grass and u go chuk head..........
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:36am On Sep 01, 2018
fxuser:
hehehe
deriz no graduation in d school , those who claim to hv graduated hv come back
Correct Sir. Its a school where learning is continuous. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:37am On Sep 01, 2018
@fxuser sir,
We go read am. Mpeace, weekend assignment don land o.
If to say I know the date for the impromptu test, na day before that day I go just read am so I wouldn't forget what to write down. tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:50am On Sep 01, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

lollx
u see stanbic reply .. enuf board meeting up and dan all weekend

#GrabPopCorn
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:51am On Sep 01, 2018
Mcy56:
@fxuser sir,
We go read am. Mpeace, weekend assignment don land o.
If to say I know the date for the impromptu test, na day before that day I go just read am so I wouldn't forget what to write down. tongue

dis aunty lollx

quote summary for those wey book to long
http://famousquotefrom.com/mark-douglas/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:07pm On Sep 01, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Ha, all the way from 15
Just keep for long term, and as a lesson
Always assess your risk of potential loss first, before thinking of potential profits

Great advise @ Agba.

@ STOjo pls look NO further. ...for herein is the best advise to implement given ur case.
That said, I'll also ask that u concentrate on working on the part in bold.

In the stock market, what u LEARN from failing is even MORE IMPORTANT than the failures themselves !!

...I wish u the best.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:09pm On Sep 01, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

agbaaa
how the monthly charts looking ..
plenty lower monthly closures oh but some monthly hammers wh supports ur sept outlook
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:11pm On Sep 01, 2018
onegentleguy:

Great advise @ Agba.

@ STOjo pls look NO further. ...for herein is the best advise to implement given ur case.
That said, I'll also ask that u concentrate on working on the part in bold.

In the stock market, what u LEARN from failing is even MORE IMPORTANT than the failures themselves !!

...I wish u the best.

was waiting to hear this: '' Just keep for long term '' grin grin
#Hopeville

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2018
STOjo:
WHAT DO I DO WITH FBNH

I bought FBNH at 15.50 saw it closed at N8+ yesterday. I don't know what to do. Sell, wait. I have no fund to average down now.
Please advise me.

Thank you

Cc: Agba, Yayira, Myc56

90% of Nsempa members and Nse investors are having this problem right now.Dont ever think you are alone.
My question to you now is ARE YOU IN NEED OF URGENT MONEY?
If NO,check the company you invested your money properly for the following:

1.How is the last two quarters result.
2.Do they pay investors dividend annually.
3.What type of business they do,do people like their business model.Do people patronize their services.
4.Who are the management team.Do they have investors in mind.
5.Do they have a good corporate governance with Nse.

If you are not sure of these few outlines,pls do fast and sell off and bear the loss but if you are sure of them you dont need to panic.The general market mode is bearish now and likely to continue.

I AM NOT PANICKING NOW BECAUSE I SAW THIS EARLIER THIS YEAR AND TOOK OUT SOME MONEY FOR OTHER EXTERNAL INVESTMENT.I AM SATISFIED WITH WHAT I AM DOING NOW AND ALSO BELIEVE TO RECOVER MY LOSSES @ STOCK MARKET IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

PLS LET THOSE OUTLINES ABOVE GUIDE YOU ACCORDINGLY.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:17pm On Sep 01, 2018
Monthly performance

Index -5.86%
Banking -8.64% (tough)
Insurance -5.99%
Consumer -6.84%
Oil/Gas -5.69%
Industrial -6.35%
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:32pm On Sep 01, 2018
[quote author=locodemy post=70805452]

'' I AM NOT PANICKING NOW'' - This is d state of mind that d ''90%'' are struggling with ! Not all people hv d stomach for drawdowns over a long period or hv a plan as u outlined
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:34pm On Sep 01, 2018
DeRuggedProf:
Dangcem volume!

just saw 5 bln traded
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 12:46pm On Sep 01, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

why not write your own instead of joining yourself with someone else
Boss wetin you take throw this stone? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 12:49pm On Sep 01, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Ha, all the way from 15
Just keep for long term, and as a lesson
Always assess your risk of potential loss first, before thinking of potential profits
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 1:07pm On Sep 01, 2018
locodemy:

90% of Nsempa members and Nse investors are having this problem right now.Dont ever think you are alone.
My question to you now is ARE YOU IN NEED OF URGENT MONEY?
If NO,check the company you invested your money properly for the following:

1.How is the last two quarters result.
2.Do they pay investors dividend annually.
3.What type of business they do,do people like their business model.Do people patronize their services.
4.Who are the management team.Do they have investors in mind.
5.Do they have a good corporate governance with Nse.

If you are not sure of these few outlines,pls do fast and sell off and bear the loss but if you are sure of them you dont need to panic.The general market mode is bearish now and likely to continue.

I AM NOT PANICKING NOW BECAUSE I SAW THIS EARLIER THIS YEAR AND TOOK OUT SOME MONEY FOR OTHER EXTERNAL INVESTMENT.I AM SATISFIED WITH WHAT I AM DOING NOW AND ALSO BELIEVE TO RECOVER MY LOSSES @ STOCK MARKET IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

PLS LET THOSE OUTLINES ABOVE GUIDE YOU ACCORDINGLY.

This is to encourage you. Tough time never last but tough people do. In this market there are many ways to win.

You have to know that you have not lost until you sell. No panic.

One of the guide that a lot of people fail to understand is that all these companies are going concerns ( Very Important).

FBNH is a good company, collect your dividend and wait for this bear market to end. Stop looking at the market

everyday. Be strongly focus. Probably play the volume game. Some call it average down. However I see it as increasing your

stake and future divided. Market will correct very soon. Then you will understand the power of volume game in a bear market.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Onuokwu: 1:16pm On Sep 01, 2018
STOjo:
WHAT DO I DO WITH FBNH

I bought FBNH at 15.50 saw it closed at N8+ yesterday. I don't know what to do. Sell, wait. I have no fund to average down now.
Please advise me.

Thank you

Truth is that the right decision may be the most difficult for you.

Speaking for my self and practicing somethings I leant only this year, I have sold a stock at 35% loss only to see it plunge further. When it passed my 10% stop loss target I held on with hope only to see it continue dropping till that 35% mark when I decided to do the right thing. I shall be back to fight another day.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:26pm On Sep 01, 2018
fxuser:
'' I AM NOT PANICKING NOW'' - This is d state of mind that d ''90%'' are struggling with ! Not all people hv d stomach for drawdowns over a long period or hv a plan as u outlined

True, but NOT all persons can also stand to sell at losses. ...especially when such losses are huge.
Dont forget that the said person is already sitting on a near 50% loss, so it's IMPERATIVE for one to weigh things IN BALANCE before given any advise. ...for nothing is certain !!
U may advice him to sell now, and the price of the said coy (First bank) may later move up in the short term.
Again u may also advice him to hold, and the price could drop further. ...so it's best not to be 'blunt'.
Using the said coy as a guage, I have just done a mathematical computation (using my own risk-adjusted formula), with a method that also considered;
- The likely cashflow return(dividends) from an invested capital over a marked timeframe.
- The current fundamental heartbeat of the said coy.
- The current state of the market.
...and with that I think I'll personally prefer to align with the idea of selling than holding. ...but that's just me.
Maybe the approach would've been different if it were to be another coy than First bank.
The POINT is that everything should be RELATIVELY but PROPERLY weighed before any decision-making.
@STOjo should look to consider and weigh his present circumstance, personality and Investment objective before taking any decision.
...but more than anything else, is to LEARN from it !!

I wish him well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Onuokwu: 1:31pm On Sep 01, 2018
fxuser:

lollx
u see stanbic reply .. enuf board meeting up and dan all weekend

#GrabPopCorn

Conventional thinking says fear of the regulator is the beginning of wisdom. I will however like to see a Bank take on the CBN on matters of policy if it's hands are really clean. The CBN itself is an "Augean Stable" with a top hierarchy steeped in unprintable allegations of bribery, extortion, blackmail, etc.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Onuokwu: 1:45pm On Sep 01, 2018
STOP LOSS: Regardless of if you buy or sell a security based on Technical Analysis or Fundamental Analysis, a stop loss price is very important. For those who act on fundamental analysis, the presence of information assymetry makes a stop loss very important.

A stop-loss order is an order placed with a broker to sell a security when it reaches a certain price. Stop-loss orders are designed to limit an investor’s loss on a position in a security. Although most investors associate a stop-loss order with a long position, it can also protect a short position, in which case the security gets bought if it trades above a defined price - INVESTOPEDIA
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hyness: 2:25pm On Sep 01, 2018
Onuokwu:

Conventional thinking says fear of the regulator is the beginning of wisdom. I will however like to see a Bank take on the CBN on matters of policy if it's hands are really clean. The CBN itself is an "Augean Stable" with a top hierarchy steeped in unprintable allegations of bribery, extortion, blackmail, etc.
I agree. Pretty much so, and how unfortunate.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hyness: 2:36pm On Sep 01, 2018
Bezzle:
A very Good afternoon to Everyone in the house. I would like to commend every contributor on this forum....
Happy new Month Sir, and also to everyone!
Please do post more often, contribute, ask questions and seek for investment advise as you already know there are many intelligent ogas here to give their diverse opinions upon which you could base your investment decisions on what best suits you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hyness: 2:40pm On Sep 01, 2018
TradeInvestGal:
@ Sir Fxuser and bullbearmarket, a big thank u to u two. I always enjoy reading ur post on technicals from the side line.
My shout out to other ogas like Sir wanajo, ogg, agba, cp, rebekah, rationalmind and to my fellow ladies like yayira, parisfran, hyness etc. I truly appreciate u all!!!
All other protocols are duly observed and also respected.

Welcome Sis, happy to have you here. I actually wish for more ladies to the Forum.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hyness: 2:54pm On Sep 01, 2018
I see @Agba is back, welcome from the land of the mute according to @yayira grin.
Its like you are on Dominique's (don't know who that is) watch-list, so tread carefully Sir grin.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by STOjo: 3:06pm On Sep 01, 2018
Re: WHAT TO DO WITH FBNH
I appreciates all your responses. I think I will just sell some (40%) and hold the rest. No cause for alarm (Aye o ni pare, meaning heaven will not fall).
Once again, I am very grateful. You guys/ladies deserves red wine but for already lost fund.

Kind Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 3:12pm On Sep 01, 2018
maishai:

fo has more than 90% of their assets as "awaiting to be sold"......OK if its sold are they going to do what gsk did by distributing the proceeds to investors

most likely not, investors would be cajoled and the rest is story......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NobodyKnows(m): 3:15pm On Sep 01, 2018
hyness:
I see @Agba is back, welcome from the land of the mute according to @yayira grin.
Its like you are on Dominique's (don't know who that is) watch-list, so tread carefully Sir grin.
When you enter investment section . Scroll down down down to where you’ll see moderators. You go see her name there gbagada gbagada.
Dem wicked wella
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hyness: 4:49pm On Sep 01, 2018
^^
grin cheesy I didn't see no Dominique.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 5:00pm On Sep 01, 2018
hyness:
^^

look well now

grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:29pm On Sep 01, 2018
hyness:
^^

Don't worry, she is no threat! You be my number 1 (as my school principal's daughter)

If she like let her ban me again grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by deepsuk(f): 5:37pm On Sep 01, 2018
STOjo:
WHAT DO I DO WITH FBNH

Please advise me.

Thank you

Very sorry abt your loss.

But make I warn you that under no cirmumstance should u listen to these financial criminals here giving you advise to hold on.

Agen go and dump the maga Monday morning that fat elephant will go to 5 Naira soon. Comot from that.

First bank Dey dead even sterling Dey show dem pepe inside witin dem call bank wars.

Buy something else ride the Aiico scam if u like to recover d loss of fat elephant but all these yeye insurance stocks go chuk u day so better u don’t -‘d wait for D elephant to reach 5 and then enter am again.

Wetin b d current price

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3873) (3874) (3875) (3876) (3877) (3878) (3879) ... (7758) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mpeace(m), drotba(m), sky2891, handsomebolanle, emmaodet, Princkez, femu(m), Bagwa, lancee(m), Heishere, sterlingD(m), talktofemi, Kingsfranklyn(m), Excellent7(m) and 17 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.