Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3881) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10906906 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3878) (3879) (3880) (3881) (3882) (3883) (3884) ... (7759) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:26am On Sep 03, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Can you buy and do 18 months with Diamond it this current state of it?

Has to be good dividend-paying coy
My intention wouldn't be for dividend though but to wait for my 100-200% target Lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 12:35am On Sep 03, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Has to be good dividend-paying coy
My intention wouldn't be for dividend though but to wait for my 100-200% target Lol

For a coy to give you 100-200% capital appreciation based on fundamentals improvement alone could take up to two years. Coys which give such percentages within a few weeks to 3 months mostly do so on news of buy over by a foreign or local investor, or some other news eg. DF from 78Kobo to N6 between February 2016 and May same year; M & B from N1.30 to N 6+ within 7 weeks early last year, etc.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:43am On Sep 03, 2018
fxuser:
Bonds Watch

- ''Yields on the 5yr, 7yr and 10yr benchmark bond rose by 8bps, 10bps and 7bps to close at 14.65%,15.08% and 15.13% ''
#news

- debt mkt also feeling the sell off heat , 7 yr breaking above 15%. one wud think d expected sept hike already priced in !

#random

Fed Hike Wahala:

Debt mkt last week:
CBN raised stop rates across the 3 tenors offered at the auction, d 364-day maturity closing at 13.045% vs 11.22% at the last auction. FX outflows taking a toll on reserve levels, now below $46 billion mark, the first time since Q1 2018.

Outlook:
More volatility in d debt mkt, wt rates expected to trend higher in the short term.

#King$

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:47am On Sep 03, 2018
FBN
- weekly and monthly charts remain very bearish
- friday was a lowest monthly and weekly closure dis yr (same for gt, zenith, uba etc )
- caution

#RandomCharts
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 6:46am On Sep 03, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Blame experience.
I once bought and longtermed AFRIBANK and BANK PHB only to wake up one day to see them nationalized by SLS 33 days to the deadline which he himself earlier on set for them to recapitalize.
When asked why he didn't wait for his own deadline the guy claimed he discovered they wouldn't be able to meet up with it the date even if he waited it out. See answer? Meanwhile they had already found someone interested foreign investors.
The aggrieved share holders went to court but SLS never showed up for any hearing. They called on GEJ for executive intervention but that one just dey flex for one corner for Aso Rock. Him no even send them. Last last the matter just end and all shareholders' funds enter voicemail till today. My saving grace was that my units of shares in those two banks were such that I could afford to give as a gift without shaking.
Wetin eye never see for inside this long term matter? Long term is long throat in Nigeria.

That was too bad!

I remember that fiasco undecided

Why are we as a people like this in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 7:00am On Sep 03, 2018
Ugosample:

That was too bad!

I remember that fiasco undecided

Why are we as a people like this in Nigeria?

So bad indeed. The level of impunity and irresponsibility on the part of those in power in Nigeria is just too high. They are too insensitive.
I heard there were retiree and pensioner share holders who invested all their life savings in those two nationalized banks. It was a very harrowing moment for them. Young as I am, I put myself in their shoes and I started weeping.
It was from that moment I realized the truth in one of Lord Luggard's statements that the average Nigerian craves for power and position without knowing the responsibility attached to it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 7:18am On Sep 03, 2018
Deadlytruth:

So bad indeed. The level of impunity and irresponsibility on the part of those in power in Nigeria is just too high. They are too insensitive.
I heard there were retiree and pensioner share holders who invested all their life savings in those two nationalized banks. It was a very harrowing moment for them. Young as I am, I put myself in their shoes and I started weeping.
It was from that moment I realized the truth in one of Lord Luggard's statements that the average Nigerian craves for power and position without knowing the responsibility attached to it.

That's just how it is o

Craving for power, but abhoring the responsibility the comes with it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 9:03am On Sep 03, 2018
Deadlytruth:

For a coy to give you 100-200% capital appreciation based on fundamentals improvement alone could take up to two years. Coys which give such percentages within a few weeks to 3 months mostly do so on news of buy over by a foreign or local investor, or some other news eg. DF from 78Kobo to N6 between February 2016 and May same year; M & B from N1.30 to N 6+ within 7 weeks early last year, etc.

You are right. However many people jump about looking for 15%, 20% and 10% all over the places. It is okay when the going get bad they start to make a lot of awful comments.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:19am On Sep 03, 2018
"Between uncertainties, difficulties and failures is the many 'gift packs' from the stock market.
...and inside those 'gifts' are smaller 'packs' with obstacles but which are sealed with CRAFT.
Yet, down inside are even more 'packs' of OPPORTUNITY."
~Sinclair

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:20am On Sep 03, 2018
A very Good Morning to u all.
May this new month of September FULFIL our hearts desires !!

Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:31am On Sep 03, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Not so true. Companies do 100% and more in less than 1yr. Many companies did it last year, fbnh, eterna oil, fcmb, fidelity, etc.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:36am On Sep 03, 2018
Mpeace:
Not so true. Companies do 100% and more in less than 1yr. Many companies did it last year, fbnh, eterna oil, fcmb, fidelity, etc.

And they are all warming up again to do same
Meanwhile 100% is a stock moving from 50kobo to N1
Like diamond moving from 50kobo to N1.50k is 200% which is achievable grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:51am On Sep 03, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

And they are all warming up again to do same
Meanwhile 100% is a stock moving from 50kobo to N1
Like diamond moving from 50kobo to N1.50k is 200% which is achievable grin
Lol. Talking diamond, it was N1.00 by 1st Nov 2017, but move to N3.17 by jan. 2018. You do the calculation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:53am On Sep 03, 2018
Mpeace:
Lol. Talking diamond, it was N1.00 by 1st Nov 2017, but move to [b]N3.17 [/b]by jan. 2018. You do the calculation.

It got to the 3.60s
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneywoman74: 10:03am On Sep 03, 2018
Good morning House.

Please i need contact person of United Securities or any of their extension number has been emailing and calling their numbers i got from their websites no response from them.

Cheers

House please I am still waiting for your answer on my above request.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 10:11am On Sep 03, 2018
Who noticed what is happening in ETERNA OIL? Flying high o.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:11am On Sep 03, 2018
Dangcem bera tet tym. Which one be 210.60.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 10:12am On Sep 03, 2018
Northeastern:

Story story, hindsight bias.

There is no system that works.

When was the fundamentals of FO ever right?

Warren Buffet was only lucky that what he loved doing became a banger.

And the fact that serendipity smiled his way. For example, if Harvard had accepted him, there was no way he would have met Graham at Columbia to learn under his tutelage.

Experience is the best teacher. You'll learn the ropes by doing it.

Please, don't say this outside! Buffet was lucky? Lucky for how many years? when will the luck end smiley You attribute years of implementing a strategy with tremendous result to luck? Ok ooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 10:15am On Sep 03, 2018
austinkenneth:

This AIICO thing tire me. Let's all remember that these guys raised N11.9bn in 2007. What have they done with it?

I remember Zenth Bank rights issue taking place around 2007/2008 at N35. UBA did a public offer at N37. Ten years down the line we are not anywhere near breaking even on those losses. Not to talk about Intercontinental, Bank PHB etc Oceanic were the shares wen to ZILCH, ZERO.

Let's not forget Oando.

Now, what happened to all that money (In a supposedly tightly regulated banking industry).

Investors have been had by these shenanigans and they have all gone scot free.

Anybody thinking long term should check out Pa Ewumi calculations around 2009 about the long term returns of First Bank. The calcuations looked wonderful then .......But look at it now, all those returns have been heavily truncated in just the last few years.

Long term is a bad strategy in the NSE.

That's the major issue I have with AIICO. That money they raised in disappeared cheesy It could not be traced. I avoid such companies irrespective of what the figures are saying! I don't dine with the devil NOT even with the proverbial long spoon.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:16am On Sep 03, 2018
wanaj0:

Please, don't say this outside! Buffet was lucky? Lucky for how many years? when will the luck end smiley You attribute years of implementing a strategy with tremendous result to luck? Ok ooo

Buffet strategy will likely not give the same outcome in NSE; guess that is what he is saying

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 10:17am On Sep 03, 2018
DeRuggedProf:

Wanaj0, what is your opinion?

AIICO does not meet my investment criteria. The corporate governance is WEAK. After the shenanigan that took place at their last capital raising I concluded that they cannot be trusted. The figures is screaming BUY but when I consider other things I will just 'waka' pass!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 10:26am On Sep 03, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Buffet strategy will likely not give the same outcome in NSE; guess that is what he is saying

Maybe BUT to say that Warren Buffet is lucky................................

That alone is a grave offence.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 10:40am On Sep 03, 2018
wanaj0:

AIICO does not meet my investment criteria. The corporate governance is WEAK. After the shenanigan that took place at their last capital raising I concluded that they cannot be trusted. The figures is screaming BUY but when I consider other things I will just 'waka' pass!
been in Aiico for long without any movement. that moment i sold just to recover my invested fund, it price began to go up..... i know it must surely come back and meet me
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 10:48am On Sep 03, 2018
Mpeace:

Was it really due to fundamentals or due to foreign hot monies in OGG's language?
If it was due to fundamentals, then how come the same stocks are back to nearly their Dec. 2017 prices right now?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:53am On Sep 03, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Was it really due to fundamentals or due to foreign hot monies in OGG's language?
If it was due to fundamentals, then how come the same stocks are back to nearly their Dec. 2017 prices right now?
fbnh, eterna etc are not back. Eterna is even going higher. If not for current bear, I wonder where it would have been.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:55am On Sep 03, 2018
Mfunkynation:
been in Aiico for long without any movement. that moment i sold just to recover my invested fund, it price began to go up..... i know it must surely come back and meet me
Its coming down, sure. Before weekend.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:20am On Sep 03, 2018
Sometimes when it gets to one's target price instead of buying, he shifts the target to a new lower price. Uniindac, sorry but I will wait at 0.20 no longer 0.25
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:06pm On Sep 03, 2018
Mfunkynation:

Your village people came knocking, why did you open the door?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:17pm On Sep 03, 2018
onegentleguy:
A very Good Morning to u all.
May this new month of September FULFIL our hearts desires !!

Cheers.

grin grin

AIICO
- breaking it out further or pumping harder

a blessed and fruitful month
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BMZK: 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2018
moneywoman74:
Good morning House.

Please i need contact person of United Securities or any of their extension number has been emailing and calling their numbers i got from their websites no response from them.

Cheers

House please I am still waiting for your answer on my above request.
They will never answer you. Their customer service is terrible.
I can relate with your frustration because i went through hell for months before i got my issue sorted out even with the help of my broker visiting their office several times to disturb them for follow up.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 12:20pm On Sep 03, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

NSE could be better grin The Guy further comment is something else

(1) (2) (3) ... (3878) (3879) (3880) (3881) (3882) (3883) (3884) ... (7759) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mpeace(m), freeman67, Payunsin, Pesuzok(m), Emumakpo, Babynerd, Curiouscity(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.