Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,014 members, 7,821,555 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3906) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10910556 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3903) (3904) (3905) (3906) (3907) (3908) (3909) ... (7761) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by deepsuk(f): 3:55pm On Sep 09, 2018
the long time investors know that scam..the way they took that useless stock to 300 was a legendary crime even by nse standards...even ppl in the sec got paid to keep kwaiet.....its only the new kids on the block who dont know and are likely to fall for that kind of yeye analysis that someone shared here saying the stock go double...thats why we must warn these kids here who are bringing their hard earned money not knowing the game is totally skewed against them....

so many scam analysts here...give them 2000 and they go print wonderful analysys.....we must go against their evil designs.

aremso:

What people don't know is that, the share price was pumped then for otedola to sell 50% of his holding and the transaction of that day fected him over 30billn. I told my friend then that the fundamental of the company does not even worth #100 let alone 300. After the sale, the shares started dropping so bye to #300

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NobodyKnows(m): 3:55pm On Sep 09, 2018
Mcy56:

Nobodyknows yet. It's good to take precaution and watch how events unfolds first.
Lol @nobodyknows, the moniker is funny to me. cheesy
grin
Only lord knows

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:58pm On Sep 09, 2018
deepsuk:
the long time investors know that scam..the way they took that useless stock to 300 was a legendary crime even by nse standards...even ppl in the sec got paid to keep kwaiet.....its only the new kids on the block who dont know and are likely to fall for that kind of yeye analysis that someone shared here saying the stock go double...thats why we must warn these kids here who are bringing their hard earned money not knowing the game is totally skewed against them....

so many scam analysts here...give them 2000 and they go print wonderful analysys.....we must go against their evil designs.

NSE don really deal with somebori grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NobodyKnows(m): 3:58pm On Sep 09, 2018
deepsuk:

Wow.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 3:59pm On Sep 09, 2018
Mcy56:

Nobodyknows who else don reach this chapter too. Mpeace you don reach?

I don reach the chapter o.

Simplifies and clarifies a lot.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 4:16pm On Sep 09, 2018
aremso:
h

who knows what impact the decision of govt to get their money back from the banks will have on the banking stocks, so taking position now is scary.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/09/presidential-panel-to-recover-7bn-bailout-funds-from-commercial-banks/
You are on point, who are the governments? some group of people (Nigeria corrupt politicians), who are those group of people? government. Nigeria politicians can do anything possible to win election, but God pass them power. Why did they wait until this time to come up with the news of recovering their bail out fund from banks?
70 percent of the highest stakes Holder in banks are politicians across the various party, those currently at helm of affairs secretly knows the banks where each politicians has their huge amount of money, apart from those who buried theirs on the ground.
They will not mind bring any of the big banks to their kneels during this journey to the general election, in order to starve some from having fund, since themselves can borrow from foreign countries to push their ambition, they don't mind?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 4:24pm On Sep 09, 2018
swilo:
I don reach the chapter o. Simplifies and clarifies a lot.
Weldone sir. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 4:36pm On Sep 09, 2018
fxuser:

that table at Chap 11.3 , na real Recovery trauma

For module 1 right?

I have a question... if the face value of the shares does not change with the bonus issue then where is the profit? It looks more like a share reconstruction to me.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:02pm On Sep 09, 2018
Mcy56:

Nobodyknows who else don reach this chapter too. Mpeace you don reach?
Lol. I never even start.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 6:07pm On Sep 09, 2018
Pls who knows how best I can reach United Securities and Veritas registrars. My dividend for 2017 end of year has not been paid.
I will appreciate any help.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NobodyKnows(m): 10:36pm On Sep 09, 2018
INTERBREW
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 1:30am On Sep 10, 2018
tritritri:

Taken position i doubt..the chart is scary @FXUSER have u started taken position already ? just curious

Foreign Reserves Decline By $2.3bn In 11 Weeks .

grin Na so ..Scary
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 6:05am On Sep 10, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 7:10am On Sep 10, 2018
swilo:

For module 1 right?

I have a question... if the face value of the shares does not change with the bonus issue then where is the profit? It looks more like a share reconstruction to me.

There is no 'profit' in bonus and even dividend because the share price are adjusted accordingly. The 'profit' comes due to the movement in share price in response to the declared bonus/dividend.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 7:17am On Sep 10, 2018
Godlylifeoneart:
MUST WATCH OUT RED FLAGS FOR INVESTORS.... COPIED FROM A FOREIGN PLATFORM
1. The cult of the celebrity CEO

There’s nothing more appealing than the rags-to-riches story of someone who has come from nothing and risen to the top of the corporate hierarchy. Unfortunately, the hype created around a CEO’s public persona isn’t always matched by reality. A company built around the profile of its leader should be scrutinised.

2. Aggressive expansion (often internationally)

Companies that suddenly go on aggressive offshore expansion drives tend to use a lot of capital to make forays into markets they are often unfamiliar with.

Many South African companies that have recently expanded into unfamiliar territories ranging from the US (Discovery, Old Mutual) to Australia (Woolworths) and Nigeria (Tiger Brands), had to return home with a “bloody nose”, or report struggling numbers following their acquisitions, Artus says.

3. An absence of cash flow

Poor cash flow is one of the biggest signs that all is not well with a company and the way it manages its finances. This is like someone who has a good job, drives a nice car, lives in a great house or apartment but is always broke.

Companies that are perpetually short of cash and fund their day-to-day operations with credit, are often poorly managed. We think of cash flow as the cash from operations less the capital expenditure required to maintain their assets. The inability to actually produce any cash is a red flag.

4. Significant share issuance and growth in debt

Equity capital is valuable because it is scarce. If a business is undervalued, issuing shares is a very expensive way of raising capital. Any share issuance dilutes existing investors into perpetuity.

Rising debt levels are a concern, says Artus. You are taking from the future and spending today. Not only does that leave a hole that one day needs to be filled, but servicing that debt can quickly overwhelm a business. It is important to determine whether the borrowing is warranted. Very often it is not.

5. Overly complex corporate structure

The more convoluted a company’s corporate structure the easier it is to hide financial malfeasance.

Often companies will deliberately make use of complicated cross holdings, shell companies and an array of subsidiaries – frequently in different jurisdictions – to make it difficult to track precisely what they are doing. This is often reflected in overly complex financial reporting, which can also conceal debt levels or artificially inflate earnings.

6. Related-party transactions

Cross shareholdings and active trading in shares between subsidiary companies can result in inflated asset values across related companies. The share prices go up because of the increased buying without any fundamental changes to the underlying businesses. This is something investors need to look out for.

7. Everyone is investing in it

Avoid falling into the dreaded FOMO trap, or “fear of missing out”. Just because everyone else is investing in something, it doesn’t mean you should be doing so as well. We’ve seen the cryptocurrency craze that pushed up the price of Bitcoin to almost $20 ,000 only to see it crash to under $6 000, all in the space of half a year.

This is precisely how bubbles, such as the tech bubble of the late nineties, develop.

8. Be wary of noise created by fear and speculation

Activist short sellers have been a prominent feature in stock markets for many years. It’s easy to get caught up in the hype when their ideas hit the news. But a disciplined investment process, applied consistently over time, helps to overcome the temptation to pile in (or out) based on the headlines.

“Assessing the risk-reward trade-offs and margin of safety is a key consideration of a robust investment process, and even more crucial amid uncertainty and activist short-seller rumours. Make sure you choose a long-term manager whose investment process takes this into account,” says Artus

On point in so many ways smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 7:18am On Sep 10, 2018
swilo:

Interesting... Very true.

This is why Wanaj0 always screams when you ask him about some stocks.

Make una no vex. I will be very quiet henceforth. No more screaming from me.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 8:25am On Sep 10, 2018
@ Oga Wanajo, abeg don't keep quiet, your words saved me from dangFlur and hornyFlour.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NobodyKnows(m): 8:30am On Sep 10, 2018
Horny_ grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:32am On Sep 10, 2018
wanaj0:
Make una no vex. I will be very quiet henceforth. No more screaming from me.
Big boss, he doesn't mean it that way, just commending and appreciating your warnings instead cos it relates more to what that oga mentioned, at least by my understanding of his message.
Sir, you cannot come and go and be keeping quiet and allow some stocks to strike matches and be burning people's hard earned money invested in NSE o. No vex biko. tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:36am On Sep 10, 2018
NobodyKnows:
Horny_ grin
Wake up bros, its day break. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:39am On Sep 10, 2018
Mpeace:
Lol. I never even start.
Lol...but you quick request ba? Weldone sir. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NobodyKnows(m): 8:54am On Sep 10, 2018
Mcy56:

Wake up bros, its day break. smiley
Lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:03am On Sep 10, 2018
tritritri:

Taken position i doubt..the chart is scary @FXUSER have u started taken position already ? just curious

Foreign Reserves Decline By $2.3bn In 11 Weeks .

nt yet , no clear reversal patterns just yet
CBN is feeling d outflow pressure , its not easy ! Argentina and Turkey are d ones in d heat of d kitchen
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 9:21am On Sep 10, 2018
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/09/another-warning-about-capital-market-crash/

@chibuking81: apology to post the above on your behalf grin

"The market crashes of 1997-8 and 2008 which were predicted had followed the same trend. Government spending sags; the momentum built up on account of heavy spending in the past attracts the portfolio managers who send prices skyrocketing. Then, the music stops. The portfolio managers start to go home and the share prices tumble for months until they reach a bottom. The NSE is in such a cycle now. Since three months ago when I first predicted another market crash, market capitalisation had collapsed by close to 18 per cent. Bad as that is, the end is not in sight yet. The reason for that statement is simple.

“Politics is war by other means.” Chinese proverb.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owoblow77: 9:41am On Sep 10, 2018
Oga Yok, where you dey? What did MCSI do last Friday? angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 9:52am On Sep 10, 2018
MSCI PORTFOLIO MOVEMENT- AS AT 7 SEPTEMBER 2018/GENERAL COMMENT

The market is becoming the joke MSCI that says “if the white Guys are to come to Nigeria or Africa for slave trade again, there will be no resistance from people, they will offer themselves freely”. I am not happy to make this comment. The MSCI seems to be the only player in the market for now. The MSCI invested as per their current mode of interest, but Fidelity Transnscorp and increase their holding of the only Oil Company in their portfolio.

This scenario is dangerous for the market. If MSCI stops buying , the prices may drop further. However I will say the market is still good for me, serious loss recovery is going on.

We may start to see some action in the banking stock from this week.

At this point, I will go into my mathematical model (try to detect slowing momentum of the down trend) to see a good point to start buying. I am sure a good profit will come from somewhere in the market soon.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source. Also, Institutions can afford to suffer big losses without going burst compared with an individual, you cannot follow them blindly (you need to at least have some knowledge/your own plan).
N:B
[b]
1. Due to the fact so many new people are coming to this forum and may not know this use of following the “big monies that move markets”, I will be indicating why/how to use the information. This will be a permanent future of my post to reduce some comments which may prevent the people that understand the system from confusion by people who have not followed how this started. My comment for today for anybody who doubts the efficacy of following the fund is to look at my recent recommendations for the past 2 months.

2. The fund will still hold some equity, the terms of service states this. Thus no matter the condition of the market, it will not liquidate to Zero. This is an equity fund investing in the Nigeria market.

3. You cannot bear losses like the fund. The pocket of the fund is too deep. Therefore, as an individual you are not suppose to be in the market during the stock markt crash. Before or during the crash, reduce your holding.

4. If you are seeing this type of data on MSCI for the first time. You may need to verify the figures. Go to my previous posts, you will see the various sources where the data can be verified.
[/b]
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owoblow77: 9:57am On Sep 10, 2018
^^^ grin grin grin ; Thanks boss.

Deepsuk, how market?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owoblow77: 9:59am On Sep 10, 2018
@ Yok:
Boss, you missed out the table. angry angry
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 10, 2018
Yayira:
Loco how far ? That price looks tempting..
I still believe it will go down a bit.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 10:43am On Sep 10, 2018
Mcy56:

Big boss, he doesn't mean it that way, just commending and appreciating your warnings instead cos it relates more to what that oga mentioned, at least by my understanding of his message.
Sir, you cannot come and go and be keeping quiet and allow some stocks to strike matches and be burning people's hard earned money invested in NSE o. No vex biko. tongue

NSE must collect tuition fee now!

Interesting how the mood has changed between January and now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by arduino: 10:50am On Sep 10, 2018
Na who dey load Diamond Bank?? shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 10:55am On Sep 10, 2018
yok:
MSCI PORTFOLIO MOVEMENT- AS AT 7 SEPTEMBER 2018/GENERAL COMMENT

The market is becoming the joke MSCI that says “if the white Guys are to come to Nigeria or Africa for slave trade again, there will be no resistance from people, they will offer themselves freely”. I am not happy to make this comment. The MSCI seems to be the only player in the market for now. The MSCI invested as per their current mode of interest, but Fidelity Transnscorp and increase their holding of the only Oil Company in their portfolio.

This scenario is dangerous for the market. If MSCI stops buying , the prices may drop further. However I will say the market is still good for me, serious loss recovery is going on.

We may start to see some action in the banking stock from this week.

At this point, I will go into my mathematical model (try to detect slowing momentum of the down trend) to see a good point to start buying. I am sure a good profit will come from somewhere in the market soon.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source. Also, Institutions can afford to suffer big losses without going burst compared with an individual, you cannot follow them blindly (you need to at least have some knowledge/your own plan).
N:B
[b]
1. Due to the fact so many new people are coming to this forum and may not know this use of following the “big monies that move markets”, I will be indicating why/how to use the information. This will be a permanent future of my post to reduce some comments which may prevent the people that understand the system from confusion by people who have not followed how this started. My comment for today for anybody who doubts the efficacy of following the fund is to look at my recent recommendations for the past 2 months.

2. The fund will still hold some equity, the terms of service states this. Thus no matter the condition of the market, it will not liquidate to Zero. This is an equity fund investing in the Nigeria market.

3. You cannot bear losses like the fund. The pocket of the fund is too deep. Therefore, as an individual you are not suppose to be in the market during the stock markt crash. Before or during the crash, reduce your holding.

4. If you are seeing this type of data on MSCI for the first time. You may need to verify the figures. Go to my previous posts, you will see the various sources where the data can be verified.
[/b]
mr yok, aside msci any other major fund managers(fpi) you know of ....
pls post links

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3903) (3904) (3905) (3906) (3907) (3908) (3909) ... (7761) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: aimaft, Adinije(f), Mkay15, seyisanya(m), Raider76, Heishere, Foundationchamp(f), Teeonebaba(m), floydmayweather, robobo, lasisi(m), unite4real, TsarZed, freeman67, egojeny1(f), IamR and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.