Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,511 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3952) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10910309 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3949) (3950) (3951) (3952) (3953) (3954) (3955) ... (7761) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 4:41am On Sep 23, 2018
onegentleguy:

Thanks for the compliment Sir vecove !!
But many here have, and are also still doing a great job. ...am not the only one pls.
Everyone can play a role in helping to build all of us.

On the prayers, of course I welcome it !!
But don't just do it for me... include everyone when u do.
Ask God to kindly shower us with good health and help us to overcome the many life storms that come our way !!

Regards.

Always selfless ...

Keep it up.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chipa: 7:12am On Sep 23, 2018
onegentleguy:

YES there are CLEAR RED FLAGS in DIAMOND BANK !!
Let me try and summarize a few;
-As at H1, Net profit fell by a whooping 70% from approx 5.61B to 2.45B, and would've been more, but for the slide in their tax expense. PBT actually droped from 9.52B to 2.92B, while a gap up in discontinued operations helped push down PAT by 77% from 8.02B to approx 1.8B
-Drop in net Interest Income with a ballooning increase in their expense line (near 27% increament as at H1)
Infact, there was a drop in virtually all core income lines but with a corresponding increase in all cost and expense line !!
Suffice to say that on a TTM, key indices like Operating margin, Net margin, EPS, ROE, ROA and FCF are all printing in the negative. ...this is NOT a good sign !!

That said, I however like the fact that a key measure of SOLVENCY like D/E, and that of VALUATION like P/BV still shows that the company is NOT likely to be 'another sky' and that there is still a good FUNDATION to improve on. ...If only the management of DIAMOND can be open, purposeful and efficient.

My line of action?
If I were in DIAMOND, I would've exited before now.
I recall I once advised folks to immediately sell off their holding in the coy when I stated here that STERLING BANK will likely displace DIAMOND from among the 3 musketeers.
My advise?
Pls kindly follow ur instinct.

NOTE: Due diligence should ALWAYS be ur 1st priority.

Thanks good job.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 8:14am On Sep 23, 2018
The Skye Bank debacle should be a lesson to all of us (investors and traders) and I hope we do grab the learning points.

As an investor once the fundamental indicators which informed your decision to invest in a stock goes awry you need to re-evaluate your investment in the stock and take appropriate action.

For traders you can make money trading both healthy and dead/sickly stocks alike however trading in unhealthy companies comes with a higher level of risk because technical analysis only considers price action and volume without taking into consideration the underlying health of the company. Many do not factor in this higher risk factor because they are making money. This risk is even more amplified in our environment where the regulators don't take action till its to late.

Lessons learnt for me - aggressively monitor the environment and stocks you have positions in whether short or long term and do not IGNORE WARNING SIGNS AND RED FLAGS.

Red flags have regularly been posted on Diamond Bank, Oando and a few others. Do your due diligence and take appropriate action if those red flags are a cause of concern. The stock market will be here for a long time. There will always be new opportunities every now and then. Decisions should be made on analysis of facts and figures and not hope, sentiments or following the herd.

My prayer for us all is well propsper in the market.

onegentleguy:

YES there are[b] CLEAR RED FLAGS in DIAMOND BANK !![/b]
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2018
I’m here still giving excuses for diamond telling myself at least they still report their quarterly performance even tho a heartbreaking ones but they are not as dead as Skye..
Telling myself a grace till Q4 won’t be bad
Maybe na when dem disappear with my money before my eyes go clear.

@Stcool brother weytin you think ?

As for diamond one should work with an entry price.. A price you feel their stock is worth.. I ask someone and he said 30k shocked chai my heart!
If diamond is worth 30k what is unity and wema till doing on NSE.. lolz
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 23, 2018
The implications of sky bank demise on shareholders will be worst than that of defunct intercontinental scam(bank) by the time the new owner negotiate with shareholders investment of N50, 000 will be priced at 100,000 units to 1000 units of the lucky buyer.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 2:07pm On Sep 23, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2018
nofundforme:
please help, i am still waiting for my zenith and access bank interim dividend. i have been receiving all my dividends in my personal bank account, but after i dematerialized my shares in May, 2018, dividends stop to enter my bank account. please, somebody should enlighten me on what is really happening to my dividends. why did they refuse to pay me my interim?

I had a similar problem and got to find out that the broker did not process my signature, you are going to first process your signature @ your broker and then fill a new edividend form..... paper work kpo rekpete
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 2:34pm On Sep 23, 2018
Yayira:
I’m here still giving excuses for diamond telling myself at least they still report their quarterly performance even tho a heartbreaking ones but they are not as dead as Skye..
Telling myself a grace till Q4 won’t be bad
Maybe na when dem disappear with my money before my eyes go clear.

@Stcool brother weytin you think ?

As for diamond one should work with an entry price.. A price you feel their stock is worth.. I ask someone and he said 30k shocked chai my heart!
If diamond is worth 30k what is unity and wema till doing on NSE.. lolz

next week will tell...... I will extra sharpen my cutlass for all banking stocks...I await more smelly news on the banking industry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:50pm On Sep 23, 2018
veecovee:
Always selfless ... Keep it up.
Na so. Make you too pick a learning point from there.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:01pm On Sep 23, 2018
deepsuk:
So Skye bank don die Just last week I was here warning young investors from staying away from it because some criminals were here trying to prop up the shares...
This forum needs policing to protect investors from cabal of paid con artists of dead beat companies who come and wrote long articles to convince in experienced to buy the shares and become shell holders.
Ok I am open to gender abuse and insults now from the cabal that sits here with multiple monikers
grin grin
Na this your insults no dey make people take your advice serious some times..... but do you know y're a good judge of some of these stocks?
You must be a fine 'babe' too. Pretty lady no dey abuse people. cheesy
You are one of the police na, make you nominate 5 more people to join you in protecting us in this forum biko.
I nominate Peterichy and Mpeace, oya mention others. Lmao. grin
Chai! Mpeace no go fit work with madam deeps, mendes or deruggedprof go fit the post. tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anjilgreat(f): 3:40pm On Sep 23, 2018
Godlylifeoneart:
The implications of sky bank demise on shareholders will be worst than that of defunct intercontinental scam(bank) by the time the new owner negotiate with shareholders investment of N50, 000 will be priced at 100,000 units to 1000 units of the lucky buyer.

Pls what was the fate of the shares of shareholders of the defunct intercontinental bank. Access bank is yet to give me reasonable info since their takeover.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 3:43pm On Sep 23, 2018
Mcy56:

grin grin
Na this your insults no dey make people take your advice serious some times..... but do you know y're a good judge of some of these stocks?
You must be a fine 'babe' too. Pretty lady no dey abuse people. cheesy
You are one of the police na, make you nominate 5 more people to join you in protecting us in this forum biko.
I nominate Peterichy and Mpeace, oya mention others. Lmao. grin
Chai! Mpeace no go fit work with madam deeps, mendes or deruggedprof go fit the post. tongue
I no fit do police work naa. Make Agba take my place abeg.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TradeInvestGal(f): 3:48pm On Sep 23, 2018
onegentleguy:

Will do well to check later.

Sir pls i also sent u a mail. I will be expecting ur feedback. Thank u.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2018
Infinitisi:
The Skye Bank debacle should be a lesson to all of us (investors and traders) and I hope we do grab the learning points.

As an investor once the fundamental indicators which informed your decision to invest in a stock goes awry you need to re-evaluate your investment in the stock and take appropriate action.

For traders you can make money trading both healthy and dead/sickly stocks alike however trading in unhealthy companies comes with a higher level of risk because technical analysis only considers price action and volume without taking into consideration the underlying health of the company. Many do not factor in this higher risk factor because they are making money. This risk is even more amplified in our environment where the regulators don't take action till its to late.

Lessons learnt for me - aggressively monitor the environment and stocks you have positions in whether short or long term and do not IGNORE WARNING SIGNS AND RED FLAGS.

Red flags have regularly been posted on Diamond Bank, Oando and a few others. Do your due diligence and take appropriate action if those red flags are a cause of concern. The stock market will be here for a long time. There will always be new opportunities every now and then. Decisions should be made on analysis of facts and figures and not hope, sentiments or following the herd.

Mr president will have his hand in Skye bank matter, He has a good number of share in Skye bank, or is there anyone here who can prove to me that he was not part of pump and dump we witness some few days ago.
When Skye bank was busy changing gear toward northern pole, it was coordinated for him to exit, and after that the announcement was made, because news will not come out without his knowledge, and he must protect his interest.
https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/09/03/buhari-declares-assets-owns-five-houses-has-shares-in-union-skye-banks/

As for Diamond bank, through out this year nothing bad will happened to them, but after this year other year will speak for itself. Change of government might give them more life.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 23, 2018
maishai:

next week will tell...... I will extra sharpen my cutlass for all banking stocks...I await more smelly news on the banking industry

Someone thinking of selling because of some red flags and another is waiting to buy. Nawah
Anyhow sha until it gets to the stage cbn has to take over, diamond might bounce back but I’m gonna give them till q4.

Keep sharpening your cutlass grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 4:59pm On Sep 23, 2018
Mpeace:

As long as na babes I go police
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 5:39pm On Sep 23, 2018
lancee:

Got u sis , I still do not believe on Long term for now .. For example, First bank that was bought btw 18 to 21 naira 2013 and U and I know the how low it went 3.50k and i think highest this yr was like 14 naira

Not to talk about pple that bought the IPO @ 33 naira 2007, have some friends that took loan from UBA those days and bought @ 54naira
Thank God FBNH survived it , but lots of pple that bought high still dey on -ve or sold at loss
I agree with you that skye did not release their results and that was a warning sign ..what about oceanic, bank phb, intercontinental bank etc
What about those that bought skye IPO like me @14 and trusted the longterm investment and even if am still selling @ 80k it will be at great loss

Cecilia ibru was still on Hard talK BBC running her mouth few months before the shocking news that the bank was one of the best while shareholders were not aware the bank was already sinking ..The woman even won award for the Bank
If you re on longterm on NSE you have to be extra sensitive to info you may end up winning but for me am Done !

i was a longtimer before but my strategy now is, after qualifying for dividend, i wait few days/months, i dispose all and hold my money in treasury bills of not long days. I have learnt enuf lesson on NSE

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 5:46pm On Sep 23, 2018
aremso:

i was a longtimer before but my strategy now is, after qualifying for dividend, i wait few days/months, i dispose all and hold my money in treasury bills of not long days. I have learnt enuf lesson on NSE
You have paid enough school fee on NSE grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 5:56pm On Sep 23, 2018
Infinitisi:

...my heart goes out to all those that are trapped in Skye Bank wahala. It's a shame that those at the helm of affairs of the stock market in the country are not up to the responsibilities expected from them.

As I always say on the forum, technical analysis is good, especially for short term trading. However, if you need to hold a stock for long term, a combination of the company's fundamental is required along with the TA knowledge in order to determine your right entry and exit.

It's been said that that TA trades both healthy and dead/sickly stocks alike. That is not 100% correct! For short-term (between 1 to 5 days), yes I can trade any stock that I find opportunity in it. But outside this, I always love to check up some basic information about the company and also compare it with its pairs in the sector grouped into. I do not delve into real details as Fundamental experts will do though

Personally, when I want to swing trade, I need basic information such as the following:
1. Market Capitalisation - Only 50B Naira and above are healthy for me
2. EPS & P/E: How does it's P/E compare to the sector
3. Quarterly & Annual Income: Is it consistently in declining or rising
4. Daily Volume: My interest are on over 700k

Any stock I am holding for several weeks or months needs to meet these four criteria before I can trade it and hold it for several weeks or months. I obtain all these info free through either bloomberg or FT.com. I shared many of these when I first joined the forum last year.

Technical Analysis is a tool to guide you on short term trading, but if you want to use it for long term, then, you need to determine market sentiment and investor's perception of the fundamental of the company you want to trade.
grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 5:59pm On Sep 23, 2018
Godlylifeoneart:
LOL nothing like any negotiation. Skye has gone to the sky with shareholders fund
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2018
Mpeace:
I dey suspect you o, abi you are one of the cabals ni?
Na all you cabals for this forum our Nsempa AIG Deepsuk go arrest soon. Lol. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:11pm On Sep 23, 2018
Yayira:

Someone thinking of selling because of some red flags and another is waiting to buy. Nawah
Anyhow sha until it gets to the stage cbn has to take over, diamond might bounce back but I’m gonna give them till q4.

Keep sharpening your cutlass grin grin

On the bolded, Luckily, current financial print is still NOT pointing to that.
In principle, the CBN can only step in if there's a THREAT to the banks cost of risk (above required threshold), CAR and NPL.
The CAR of DIAMOND is currently not that bad !! CAR currently prints at 16.7%. Though the banks NPL is now at a ridiculous high, trailing that of FBNs 22%, their Cost of risk is still within acceptable threshold.
But like I said before; though here are serious signs for worry, there is still a good FUNDATION for the bank to improve on.
If only the management of DIAMOND BANK can be OPEN, PURPOSEFUL and EFFICIENT !!

DISCLAIMER: This should NOT be interpreted to mean any kind investment advise.
...Due diligence is still advised as always pls.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2018
phemmie06:
LOL nothing like any negotiation. Skye has gone to the sky with shareholders fund
Never say never, this is NSE.
[s]You too blunt abeg, you no even pity those of us wey just pay another school fees. Haba![/s] tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 23, 2018
Strong buy on Skye bank.. technical indicators on Investing.
The news never reach them.
Ok

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:23pm On Sep 23, 2018
TradeInvestGal:

Sir pls i also sent u a mail. I will be expecting ur feedback. Thank u.

...Replied.
Same to u @moneywoman74

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 6:30pm On Sep 23, 2018
Yayira:
Strong buy on Skye bank.. technical indicators on Investing.
The news never reach them.
Ok
...lol! The decision for strong buy was based on moving averages and not CBN announcement cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 23, 2018
anjilgreat:

Pls what was the fate of the shares of shareholders of the defunct intercontinental bank. Access bank is yet to give me reasonable info since their takeover.
Did you buy through ipo or NSE? If the latter is the case contact your broker, if the formal is d case dematerialise your certificate and credit it to your cscs account if you have one
7500 units of intercontinental bank for 250 units of access bank was the price you have to pay
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 23, 2018
BullBearMkt:

...lol! The decision for strong buy was based on moving averages and not CBN announcement cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin

It has been on green for 3 good days.
Na so person go follow their indicator go follow corpes enter grave..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 23, 2018
onegentleguy:

On the bolded, Luckily, current financial print is still NOT pointing to that.
In principle, the CBN can only step in if there's a THREAT to the banks cost of risk (above required threshold), CAR and NPL.
The CAR of DIAMOND is currently about the lowest for quoted coys in the banking industry !! CAR currently prints at 16.7% while NPL is now at a ridiculous high, trailing that of FBNs 22%. ...However, their Cost of risk is still within acceptable threshold.
But like I said before; though there are serious signs for worry, there is still a good FUNDATION for the bank to improve on.
If only the management of DIAMOND BANK can be OPEN, PURPOSEFUL and EFFICIENT !!

DISCLAIMER: This should NOT be interpreted to mean any kind investment advise.
...Due diligence is still advised as always pls.

managements always the problem.
I just hope the shareholders will put fire in his a** after hearing what happened to Skye or better still sack him
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:51pm On Sep 23, 2018
Eku skye bear market o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:51pm On Sep 23, 2018
Eku skye bear market o

Caverton to the skye straight
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 6:57pm On Sep 23, 2018
Mcy56:

Never say never, this is NSE.
[s]You too blunt abeg, you no even pity those of us wey just pay another school fees. Haba![/s] tongue
My sister It is not a matter of never say never, but it is a bitter truth even the Director of CBN confirmed it on channels sunrise yesterday that nothing like shareholders fund.
I am not heartless and I really feel for people in that bus. Even I engaged sir Dipo yesterday on his Twitter handle
https://mobile.twitter.com/phemmie04/status/1043459438714204161?s=19

https://twitter.com/phemmie04/status/1043257995205980160?s=19

(1) (2) (3) ... (3949) (3950) (3951) (3952) (3953) (3954) (3955) ... (7761) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ernie4life(m), Raider76, Stan2330(m), meholo, Dum20, sterlingD(m), Jats2k2002, yMcy56(f), robobo, Picky1, WestPB, 222Martins(m), sophy17(m), Curiouscity(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.