Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4053) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10887278 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4050) (4051) (4052) (4053) (4054) (4055) (4056) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 9:21pm On Oct 30, 2018
I say make I sharpen my cutlass and return it to my bedroom. The time is getting near!

See as Deepsuk sidon for door dey watch as I dey sharpen Cutlass. She know say we go make killings soon.

November to remember.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 9:25pm On Oct 30, 2018
phemmie06:

Why won't him keep quiet when the dog of the capital market has refused to bark let alone bite. If the dog's teeth has been removed has the tongue be cutoff that made it not to bark? That is to tell investors that no one cares about us rather we should care for ourself individually by investing in fundamental stock.
Why is unity shares not on suspension? Does the regulator of unity bank differ from the other quoted companies who are forced to submit their result before this month runs out?

Were you not taught as a child never to talk while you are eating. You want pepper to enter the wrong place while Malaga is "eating". Of course he will keep quiet!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 9:31pm On Oct 30, 2018
mendes911:

Were you not taught as a child never to talk while you are eating. You want pepper to enter the wrong place while Malaga is "eating". Of course he will keep quiet!
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 9:31pm On Oct 30, 2018
Willie2015:

-You should learn how to read and comprehend properly.
- That is the essence of sound & quality education.
-I did not state that anyone will die but leave the outcome of election for God to decide.
- Ur comments stating I am a christian fanatic and mentioning my family/tribe is totally uncalled for.
- U dont know me, you dont know my religion nor my tribe, but your write up show that you can,t handle a simple conversation effectively.
- Plz learn to read, digest and write without emotion.
- I voted for Buhari the last election but believed Atiku, a Muslim and a Fulani will do better.
- This is my last post on this !!!!!

Very mature!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 30, 2018
mendes911:

I say make I sharpen my cutlass and return it to my bedroom. The time is getting near!

November to remember.

@mendes911 , Is it November or December let me prepare as well.??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 9:47pm On Oct 30, 2018
phemmie06:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/24330_OANDO_PLC_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_OCTOBER_2018.pdf

Ok. Its clear now where the money is going to. OANDO is paying of the accumulated dollar denominated loan without saying it. Guess wale is afraid afterall.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:54pm On Oct 30, 2018
E ku Q3 reports discussion o. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:57pm On Oct 30, 2018
phemmie06:
hope your investem with the ocean Boys has not been eroded by erosion into the the ocean?
In one statement is your investment smiling?
grin grin grin Trying to make you smile as well
Lol. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:02pm On Oct 30, 2018
mendes911:
I say make I sharpen my cutlass and return it to my bedroom. The time is getting near! November to remember.
Well done sir. tongue
Make you inform us when you wan bring am out for harvest o, cos you will need helping hands too. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:09pm On Oct 30, 2018
mendes911:

So much honey!

HORROR... angry
The hornets have invaded the hive.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:14pm On Oct 30, 2018
onegentleguy:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/24259_AIRLINE_SERVICES_AND_LOGISTICS_PLC_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_OCTOBER_2018.pdf

Q3 RESULT OF NEWREST ASL (Airline services & logistics plc)

Arguably one of the best result to come out of the Nigerian stock exchange in Q3 !!
...with a gap up in revenue lines and an over double digit growth accross all earnings line.
EBITDA MARGIN, GROSS MARGIN, NET MARGIN, PROFIT MARGIN, ETERPRISE VALUE, RoIC, ROAE, ROAA and EPS.
...with the last line (EPS) growing by over 191% to N1.73 from 59k in the corresponding period of last yr.
I am particularly impressed by the coys EM !!
Fantastic result in all ramification.

NEWREST ASL was one of the coys I mentioned here in the past.

...it's a BUY from my end !!
Assuming zero % growth and using a TTM EPS of N1.73 (as at Q3) at a discount rate plus risk premium of 15%, the coys Fair Value should compute as N11.50 !!. ...which presents a potential yield of near 92% from capital appreciation given the present market price of N6
This is discounting for any and all possible inherent risk.
I have since said that NEWREST ASL is a BUY ...in fact ACCUMULATE !!
...current VALUE behind the price describes a company that has NO business selling for N6.

Disclosure: I hold some unit of NEWREST ASL in my investment portfolio.
Disclaimer: NOT A RECOMMENDATION. ...due diligence still applies.

Shares Outstanding - 634M
Last Dividend Reported - N0.18
30 Day Avg Volume - 17,630
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:28pm On Oct 30, 2018
Cadillac15:

Ok. Its clear now where the money is going to. OANDO is paying of the accumulated dollar denominated loan without saying it. Guess wale is afraid afterall.
Now you know. $53million paid out of earnings and they still managed to make 10billion in profit after tax
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:57pm On Oct 30, 2018
tritritri:

@mendes911 , Is it November or December let me prepare as well.??

That I have waited till now does not mean I will buy at the lowest prices, I just want to buy when I will and have peace of mind. I no be MPeace wey chop liver North, South, East and West!!! I will buy once the euphoria of this Q3 results settles down.

We need to also take into consideration the recent waves of these Shi'ites members. They seems to get more bold as scores of them are killed, I just have a very bad feeling about them and this has nothing to do with 2019 elections though. This is fear in me speaking though.

I will surely be buying only after a downward trend of prices (hopefully) or end of November, whichever comes first.

This is only my plan and is based mainly on instincts and precedence. Make person no take am as advice shaaa, e don fail me before in 1938.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:59pm On Oct 30, 2018
Mcy56:

Well done sir. tongue
Make you inform us when you wan bring am out for harvest o, cos you will need helping hands too. grin

You go first clear land, wait for rain, plant, before harvest.

That sharpening of knife is for the clearing of weed wey go fill the land soon after Q3.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:59pm On Oct 30, 2018
Eku bounce o

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 11:10pm On Oct 30, 2018
DeRuggedProf:

Shares Outstanding - 634M
Last Dividend Reported - N0.18
30 Day Avg Volume - 17,630

how do u expect pluto & co to sell a stock which current Q3 earnings + dep can pay 80% of the total liabilities
how do u want pluto & co to sell a stock which the current asset can pay out both Equity capital plus total liabilities
how do u expect pluto & co to sell stock with ROE of 32
how do u want oga pluto to let go a stock with the best growth rate in the whole exchange
how do you want pluto to sell a stock with fairprice of N18 at currentprice of N6

forget and look elsewhere,, you cant see volume here or better contact pluto for cross deal at agree price

they need to pay more dividend sha

i pointed out this stock when eyes day black. lucky one able to pick some

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:55am On Oct 31, 2018
currentprice:

how do u expect pluto & co to sell a stock which current Q3 earnings + dep can pay 80% of the total liabilities
how do u want pluto & co to sell a stock which the current asset can pay out both Equity capital plus total liabilities
how do u want oga pluto to let go a stock with the best growth rate in the whole exchange
how do you want pluto to sell a stock with fairprice of N18 at currentprice of N6

forget and look elsewhere,, you cant see volume here or better contact pluto for cross deal at agree price

grin grin grin grin

I agree with u.
More so on the part in bold which presumes the net on net valuation metric by Sir Benjamin Graham.
The truth is; Liquidity or no liquidity, this coy has absolutely NO business selling for the current market price of N6 !!
...to say that the company is grossly UNDERVALUED would be understating the fact !!

Enough said.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dupeodus: 4:16am On Oct 31, 2018
MonkeyHunter:

Leadway's financials can be downloaded from here

https://www.leadway.com/about-leadway-assurance/annual-accounts/

Regards

Thank you very much. It is just what I anticipated. Read this portion of the chairman's statement from another life insurance company

The Group recorded a 60% increase in Gross
Premium Written (GPW) from N52.7billion in 2016
to N84.2billion in 2017. This increase in GPW is
largely attributable to the significant growth of our annuity business and positive impact of the decrease in average yields of treasury securities which resulted in significant fair value gains and investment income in our portfolio of treasury assets

Unquote.

Aiico had the same fair value gain, which is really a reversal of prior year mark down, on it's treasury assets but chose not to reflect it in the values of the treasury assets. The motive, as I have said is to suppress the market value of the share price so that management can share the private placements among themselves on the cheap. I do not understand why the regulators are not seeing this obvious maneuver. Because of what I am seeing on the 2018 quarterlies that have been released, I even suspect an intent of not paying for the private placement at all.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dupeodus: 4:24am On Oct 31, 2018
locodemy:

why do you think the mgt want to surpress the share price and to whose detriment?

The reason is because management want to make the proposed private placement to themselves on the cheap. It is the retail shareholders who have no way of participating in the private placement that will lose because their holdings will be diluted. I foresee the management shunning out much more healthy financials once the private placement is concluded but they would have increased their own holdings.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 4:30am On Oct 31, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 4:47am On Oct 31, 2018
currentprice:

grin grin grin grin

All this with just my tasere units grin grin

Yea, I agree liquidity is no problem if one knows how to play this kind of stock grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:54am On Oct 31, 2018
Dupeodus:

The reason is because management want to make the proposed private placement to themselves on the cheap. It is the retail shareholders who have no way of participating in the private placement that will lose because their holdings will be diluted. I foresee the management shunning out much more healthy financials once the private placement is concluded but they would have increased their own holdings.

Were you aware of the outcome of the EGM on the 5th of October 2018?

Let me see why Nse/sec will allow them deceive investors.The private placement must be 1.20 or they discard it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by salanda: 7:02am On Oct 31, 2018
currentprice:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/24258_OANDO_PLC_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_OCTOBER_2018.pdf

grin

Profit attributable to Equity holders 2018 vs 2017

9 months - N4.014B vs N1.119B (359% increase)

Q3 - N1.035B vs N178.222M (581% increase)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by salanda: 7:05am On Oct 31, 2018
BullBearMkt:

...if DF falls further, Technically, there is likely to be a pause around N6. If this doesn't hold then the next juncture is N4.90.

Stock market is about the perception of investors about the fundamental of a stock
grin grin grin grin grin

I was actually thinking below N6 at around N5.50
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by salanda: 7:12am On Oct 31, 2018
phemmie06:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/24337_FORTE_OIL_PLC._FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_OCTOBER_2018.pdf

Owners of the company 2018 vs 2017

9 months - N2.234B vs N652.5M (342% increase)

Eps - 172k vs 50k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 8:22am On Oct 31, 2018
onegentleguy:

I agree with u.
More so on the part in bold which presumes the net on net valuation metric by Sir Benjamin Graham.
The truth is; Liquidity or no liquidity, this coy has absolutely NO business selling for the current market price of N6 !!
...to say that the company is grossly UNDERVALUED would be understating the fact !!

Enough said.

I think one of the most undervalued company on the whole NSE is AFRIPRUD.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 8:22am On Oct 31, 2018
OGOg:
Most consumer goods(df, dangote sugar, honeywell etc) results have shown plummeting returns
Could this be as a result of destruction of the middle class by the poor economic policies, hence low purchasing power.
If so, then the only salvation for this companies will be implementation of the new minimum wage.

Poor economic policies and increase in minimum wage is a recipe for catastrophe.....No think am o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 8:30am On Oct 31, 2018
GonFreecss1:

I think one of the most undervalued company on the whole NSE is AFRIPRUD.

Why?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 8:30am On Oct 31, 2018
maishai:

Poor economic policies and increase in minimum wage is a recipe for catastrophe.....No think am o

Facts.

I think the major problem is Nigerians like giving news and word of mouth too much value without doing their own research or looking at the numbers. The people arguing politics here make me laugh too. They are all defending the same phenomenon that says the same thing with different words.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 8:33am On Oct 31, 2018
Airservice Current price= 6 fairvalue= 18.
Fidelity Current price=2.05 fairvalue= 6
Not too different.
Waiting for uniondac to see where to go.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 8:37am On Oct 31, 2018
Its only Banks that are dropping Good results......I tire o sad
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 8:47am On Oct 31, 2018
aremso:

Why?

The numbers man. Airservice is actually great, one of the companies that makes me happy. Superb ROE, and superb ROA (but it's the ROA that makes me fall in love). I prefer using ROA to judge a stock than ROE. I don't like too much debt.

With that said, even though AFRIPRUD doesn't have bigger ROE numbers or ROA than Airservice, their business is so nice relatively they are making more money. Not only that, I have looked at their past 5 years, the profit margin is unbelievable, in 2016, revenue was almost the same as profit. Lol! Meaning a 100% profit margin. Dividends? Dammit, very sexy. Pardon my french, but AFRIPRUD gives me a hard on all the time. If they ever make the mistake of dropping below book to price of 1, I will go the extra length to buy more of it.

Airservice is doing well, but I think AFRIPRUD is doing better and will do more.

Disclaimer - I own this 2 wonderful stocks. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (4050) (4051) (4052) (4053) (4054) (4055) (4056) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.