Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10857454 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4210) (4211) (4212) (4213) (4214) (4215) (4216) ... (7746) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 4:19pm On Dec 22, 2018
PIPnator:

The last time i bought any stock on NSE was in 2006/2007. Guiness. Was a good experience based on the return but the actually buying process, isnt.
Bought from defunct broker (Allbond) (maybe they are back in business again, im not too sure) , there wasnt proper receipt. My only claim to the stock was a set numbers they gave me as my.. i think SEC number or so. Luckily i received good dividend from them afterwards plus 1 stock for every 4 unit i held.

Actually what i want is, a brokerage account where i can open and close trade online, withdraw to my bank. Do all these without having to be physically present at the brokers office.

The amount to be traded isnt actually the concern but really thanks for responding. I do appreciate.

Yeah. Then the ones I mentioned will do.

Stanbic, Merristem or united capital will do. You can trade as you like and close your positions easily.

Some people use Morgan here or so. Seems they are okay too.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 4:20pm On Dec 22, 2018
DangSugar
- bullish engulfing wk
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 22, 2018
Chai Diamond is indeed a prayer point..
All those that wrote it off and call it dead are rushing it and those that woke up this morning to blast it are now throwing grammar at each other grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 22, 2018
fxuser:
DangSugar
- bullish engulfing wk

Agba stock
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 22, 2018
Fxuser nothing on Fidelity ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 22, 2018
GonFreecss1:

Yeah. Then the ones I mentioned will do.

Stanbic, Merristem or united capital will do. You can trade as you like and close your positions easily.

Some people use Morgan here or so. Seems they are okay too.

Thanks. Will take it from there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 5:18pm On Dec 22, 2018
Yayira:
Fxuser nothing on Fidelity ?

- dat stubborn N2 is d go signal
- enuf support below
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 5:19pm On Dec 22, 2018
brent 53.50

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:40pm On Dec 22, 2018
Yayira:

Agba stock

I have never owned 1unit of any Dangote company
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wisdom4today: 5:45pm On Dec 22, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

I have never owned 1unit of any Dangote company

wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 46O1CE: 5:49pm On Dec 22, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 22, 2018
RULES TO COUNTER THE MARKET CRASH IN 2019
COPIED FROM CHRIS REINING BLOG

Markets crash. On average, the market falls 10% once a year, about 20% every four or five years, about 30% every decade, and 50% a few times during your lifetime.

I used to think weathering market downturns should be easy. The market always recovers and reaches new highs. As Charlie Munger puts it:

“You can argue that if you’re not willing to react with equanimity to a market price decline of 50% two or three times a century, you’re not fit to be a common shareholder, and you deserve the mediocre result you’re going to get compared to the people who do have the temperament to be more philosophical about these market fluctuations.”

The longer you invest the more you realize most people don’t have the nerves of steel and raw logic that a Charlie Munger or Warren Buffett have.

That’s fine, because these investors can have a higher percentage in bonds or cash. To protect them on the downside. But what if you can’t stand losing a nickel? Well, you probably shouldn’t be investing in the first place.

Does that sound preachy? I hope it doesn’t sound preachy, I just know it’s easy to be influenced by talk of the next crash or recession.

Look, people have been predicting a crash since March 2009. In reality there’s a near 10-year expansion. I’m not saying there won’t be a crash. We all know there will. What I’m saying is investors don’t like not knowing.

So they sit there reading charts of money supply, Shiller PE, Tobin’s Q, yield curve and say the warning signs are right there.

Okay, but who’s going to hand you the schedule to get out of the market and back in? Even studies show economists failed to predict 148 out of 153 recessions.

It’s the investor who stays invested, regularly investing through good and bad, who ends up with the incredible long-term returns.

And this is why I want to share these rules. I’m hopeful they can provide some counterbalance the next time you feel “noise” is making decisions for you.

1. Long-term investing doesn’t mean weeks and months, it means years and decades.

2. Buy-and-hold investing works, but it only works if you buy and hold through ups and downs.

3. Frequent trading is the fastest way to achieve poor returns.

4. Being intelligent doesn’t result in better investment results, but being disciplined does.

5. How you behave is much more important than how your investments behave.

6. Investing isn’t about mastering the market, but mastering yourself.

7. Having a financial plan, and then sticking to it, outperforms having a plan.

8. If you’re fearful when the market goes down it’s likely you have too much invested.

9. Money you know you need in the next three to five years doesn’t belong in stocks.

10. Jumping from one trendy investment idea to another is how to get poor results.

11. More effort is counterproductive to good investment returns.

12. Don’t buy because the market is going up, and don’t sell because it’s going down.

13. Buying when everyone else is panicking is easy to say and challenging to do.

14. In hindsight, crashes and recessions always look like amazing opportunities.

15. When the market is going up investing is easy.

16. Buying and holding makes you money, buying and selling makes other people money.

17. Compound interest can make you rich, but it takes an incredibly long time.

18. Successful investing has little to do with IQ and a lot to do with personality.

19. If you invest in index funds you can’t beat the market.

20. If you invest in active funds there’s a high probability you’ll underperform the market.

21. Picking stocks and beating the market is possible but gets more difficult over time.

22. Trading is exciting, but asset allocation has more to do with your returns.

23. Higher returns means more volatility, more stability means accepting lower returns.

24. Simple portfolios beat complex.

25. There’s no such thing as the best investment.

26. “It will fluctuate” is the right answer about market predictions.

27. And remember, you’re not
Warren Buffett.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samzepaparazi: 6:19pm On Dec 22, 2018
PIPnator:

The last time i bought any stock on NSE was in 2006/2007. Guiness. Was a good experience based on the return but the actually buying process, isnt.
Bought from defunct broker (Allbond) (maybe they are back in business again, im not too sure) , there wasnt proper receipt. My only claim to the stock was a set numbers they gave me as my.. i think SEC number or so. Luckily i received good dividend from them afterwards plus 1 stock for every 4 unit i held.

Actually what i want is, a brokerage account where i can open and close trade online, withdraw to my bank. Do all these without having to be physically present at the brokers office.

The amount to be traded isnt actually the concern but really thanks for responding. I do appreciate.

Use morgancapital

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 7:13pm On Dec 22, 2018
@Godlylifeoneart, are you the one typing all these epistle or your secretary? Anyways, you are good. keep it on.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anjilgreat(f): 9:38pm On Dec 22, 2018
Godlylifeoneart:
RULES TO COUNTER THE MARKET CRASH IN 2019
COPIED FROM CHRIS REINING BLOG

Markets crash. On average, the market falls 10% once a year, about 20% every four or five years, about 30% every decade, and 50% a few times during your lifetime.

I used to think weathering market downturns should be easy. The market always recovers and reaches new highs. As Charlie Munger puts it:

“You can argue that if you’re not willing to react with equanimity to a market price decline of 50% two or three times a century, you’re not fit to be a common shareholder, and you deserve the mediocre result you’re going to get compared to the people who do have the temperament to be more philosophical about these market fluctuations.”

The longer you invest the more you realize most people don’t have the nerves of steel and raw logic that a Charlie Munger or Warren Buffett have.

That’s fine, because these investors can have a higher percentage in bonds or cash. To protect them on the downside. But what if you can’t stand losing a nickel? Well, you probably shouldn’t be investing in the first place.

Does that sound preachy? I hope it doesn’t sound preachy, I just know it’s easy to be influenced by talk of the next crash or recession.

Look, people have been predicting a crash since March 2009. In reality there’s a near 10-year expansion. I’m not saying there won’t be a crash. We all know there will. What I’m saying is investors don’t like not knowing.

So they sit there reading charts of money supply, Shiller PE, Tobin’s Q, yield curve and say the warning signs are right there.

Okay, but who’s going to hand you the schedule to get out of the market and back in? Even studies show economists failed to predict 148 out of 153 recessions.

It’s the investor who stays invested, regularly investing through good and bad, who ends up with the incredible long-term returns.

And this is why I want to share these rules. I’m hopeful they can provide some counterbalance the next time you feel “noise” is making decisions for you.

1. Long-term investing doesn’t mean weeks and months, it means years and decades.

2. Buy-and-hold investing works, but it only works if you buy and hold through ups and downs.

3. Frequent trading is the fastest way to achieve poor returns.

4. Being intelligent doesn’t result in better investment results, but being disciplined does.

5. How you behave is much more important than how your investments behave.

6. Investing isn’t about mastering the market, but mastering yourself.

7. Having a financial plan, and then sticking to it, outperforms having a plan.

8. If you’re fearful when the market goes down it’s likely you have too much invested.

9. Money you know you need in the next three to five years doesn’t belong in stocks.

10. Jumping from one trendy investment idea to another is how to get poor results.

11. More effort is counterproductive to good investment returns.

12. Don’t buy because the market is going up, and don’t sell because it’s going down.

13. Buying when everyone else is panicking is easy to say and challenging to do.

14. In hindsight, crashes and recessions always look like amazing opportunities.

15. When the market is going up investing is easy.

16. Buying and holding makes you money, buying and selling makes other people money.

17. Compound interest can make you rich, but it takes an incredibly long time.

18. Successful investing has little to do with IQ and a lot to do with personality.

19. If you invest in index funds you can’t beat the market.

20. If you invest in active funds there’s a high probability you’ll underperform the market.

21. Picking stocks and beating the market is possible but gets more difficult over time.

22. Trading is exciting, but asset allocation has more to do with your returns.

23. Higher returns means more volatility, more stability means accepting lower returns.

24. Simple portfolios beat complex.

25. There’s no such thing as the best investment.

26. “It will fluctuate” is the right answer about market predictions.

Warren Buffett.

Insightful!. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by smasher1(m): 9:51pm On Dec 22, 2018
Yayira:

Meaning ?

The moniker jona dull, when quoted becomes Jonathan in spelling
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jonadull: 10:11pm On Dec 22, 2018

Warren Buffett.
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 22, 2018
Yayira:
All those that wrote it off and call it dead are rushing it and those that woke up this morning to blast it are now throwing grammar at each other grin grin grin

In ur mind ..u figured it out right ? say this to those in ur shoe in skyebnk .

Remember when u said the merger was rumore? but kept quiet when u discover it on ur favour ?

Stop acting as if you don't understand wat going on. But the truth is it favours u . dat doesn't mean it not a dead bnk .

I even told u to buy more if u believe it woun't go down. I hope u bought more back den.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 10:40pm On Dec 22, 2018
tritritri:

Remember when u said the merger was rumore? but kept quiet when u discover it on ur favour ?

Stop acting as if you don't understand wat going on. But the truth is it favours u . dat doesn't mean it not a dead bnk .

I even told u to buy more if u believe it woun't go down. I hope u bought more back den.

Bro. You know the answer to your question. Lol.

I am reminded of the saying in a Bull market everyone is a genius. I don't have any problem with the diamond shareholders here, my problem is the way some people decided to attack people cautioning others about the stock.

If they really had confidence, how many of them averaged down? Am I happy for them? Yes, but we shouldn't confuse emotions with logic. I didn't want to involve myself in the issue, but I am someone who doesn't like mediocrity and I feel I am in a position to correct others from making mistakes.

We all know the strongest bank in Nigeria currently is GT bank, but the facts? I would say the same thing about Access bank as GT bank if they are the one pulling this deal. Lest we forget who Access bought this debt from in the first place. If GT bank did the same thing, I would feel the same way, as with every investor that doesn't want to lose money should.

I asked the question before and I will ask again, how many of you averaged down if you were so sure about the stock? How confident were you? If Access dropped the deal today will you still be confident in owning Diamond?

Unlike others I won't mince words at all. Still waiting for their replies.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 22, 2018
tritritri:

Kept quiet bawo ?
I repeat if those fake media will not carry the real news they should stop cos they are creating unnecessary panic and making people sell off their stocks!
With members quoting all manner of prices at which Access will acquire diamond for..
If they know there’ll be a merger then they know the whole truth why hide it and just give some crazy headlines? So they could load enough? Or whoever paid them to post half news could load enough?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 11:49pm On Dec 22, 2018
Yayira:

Kept quiet bawo ?
I repeat if those fake media will not carry the real news they should stop cos they are creating unnecessary panic and making people sell off their stocks!
With members quoting all manner of prices at which Access will acquire diamond for..
If they know there’ll be a merger then they know the whole truth why hide it and just give some crazy headlines? So they could load enough? Or whoever paid them to post half news could load enough?
they are enemies of other peoples progress when they are not part of d deal.I still remember how the published a story about milost defrauding one investor in d . u s just to damage their image and reputation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 22, 2018
@tritritri Whether dead or not I’ve always said it will rally again and again and the brave will make money.

Seems everyone wants to know if I average down cos this is the second time just today I’ve been ask with some wondering if I still even have the stock.. lol

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin <<<< my current mode
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 23, 2018
Yayira:
@tritritri Whether dead or not I’ve always said it will rally again and again and the brave will make money.

Seems everyone wants to know if I average down cos this is the second time just today I’ve been ask with some wondering if I still even have the stock.. lol

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin <<<< my current mode

Yayira:

My sister , waiting consign anyone with if u average down or not ..Na talk bring talk ooh. And na u first bring the talk wey dey above . Nobody dey interested . About the Rally yes u said it. dat why i said u get mind pass man.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 23, 2018
yom2:
they are enemies of other peoples progress when they are not part of d deal.I still remember how the published a story about milost defrauding one investor in d . u s just to damage their image and reputation.

No mind them
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 23, 2018
tritritri:

My sister , waiting consign anyone with if u average down or not ..Na talk bring talk ooh. And na u first bring the talk wey dey above . Nobody dey interested . About the Rally yes u said it. dat why i said u get mind pass man.

Oga tritritri good night..

Yayira no more post about diamond from you again! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
#zipside
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 23, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RealityShot: 5:42am On Dec 23, 2018
I hope am not the only one seeing all the hugely devalued stocks on the floor?
"blood is running on the streets"
but lets wait for FY results shaa...
Buhari wins or not its pay year ahead

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:12am On Dec 23, 2018
Zenith looking down at my 13 target grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 23, 2018
RealityShot:
I hope am not the only one seeing all the hugely devalued stocks on the floor?

"blood is running on the streets"

but lets wait for FY results shaa...

Buhari wins or not its pay year ahead

I thin otherwise on this , Please share more light for me ...

Have u gone through the TA of zenith bank for past 10yr?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 12:17pm On Dec 23, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
Zenith looking down at my 13 target grin
...@Agba, many atime indicators do not tell you where price is going; price - action does. For Zenith to get to 13, it has to scale through the hurdles at 20.9 (there about) and the big one at 17
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 12:30pm On Dec 23, 2018
Coolcash1:
@fxuser and bullbearmkt what's the chart saying about Fidson, FO and FBNH.... grin
...sorry @Coolcash1; just saw this while reviewing. I hope it's not too late

Fidson
-Seems illiquid stock as data looks erratic, but people are still making money
-The support at 4.0 seems magical
-Not much story here as data needs further processing for accurate interpretation, but summary is the level 4 support is good

FO
-Investor seems to have found value here again
-Last monthly support seen at 18
-Daily & Weekly now bullish with support between 23 - 25
-Now all green

FBNH
-Weekly found its bottom
-Daily is creating higher-highs (Bulls), leaving traces of support at 7.6 thereabout
-Wicked monthly still struggling to find bottom

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RealityShot: 1:27pm On Dec 23, 2018
tritritri:

I thin otherwise on this , Please share more light for me ...
Have u gone through the TA of zenith bank for past 10yr?
lol.. Not ALL companies are undervalued...
zenith aint on my list shaa

(1) (2) (3) ... (4210) (4211) (4212) (4213) (4214) (4215) (4216) ... (7746) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lasisi(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.