Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,212 members, 7,846,020 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11008208 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4332) (4333) (4334) (4335) (4336) (4337) (4338) ... (7796) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 5:15pm On Feb 15, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 5:16pm On Feb 15, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 5:18pm On Feb 15, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 5:19pm On Feb 15, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 5:22pm On Feb 15, 2019
maishai:
at this point I wish all my holdings were wema------I will sell off and come back in August

same here. unfortunately bought small.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 5:24pm On Feb 15, 2019
ndidigood:
Na buy recommendation joor
No body go crucify you,small pikin node here

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 5:24pm On Feb 15, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 5:32pm On Feb 15, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 5:53pm On Feb 15, 2019
musty00:
3 kobo dividend undecided 1.75% DY
I think it's an improvement and beginning of good thing as far as I'm concerned.
As for me, I will look beyond the three kobo but concentrate more on the 100% profit made as a group and over 300% profit made as a company. An impressive result!
It can't be punished much before it continue its upward journey especially if the bull is still around........ My opinion. tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 6:14pm On Feb 15, 2019
Teeonly:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/25005_TRANSNATIONAL_CORPORATION_OF_NIGERIA_PLC_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_FEBRUARY_2019.pdf
Seriously, I don't think anyone should still stay in this stock based on the expected dividend yield, except you are the CEO, or you have plans of being a director in the company one day, cos their are numerous stocks on the exchange with better yield,Even speculators who keyed in earlier, would want to bail out before this dividend yield come put sand sand for their garri, wetin concern me sef, it's their money not mine.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 6:23pm On Feb 15, 2019
^^
The trend seems to be changing these days.
HW recorded 95% loss in Q3 but appreciated in price thereafter - from 1.08 to 1.40 within few days.
Think investors sentiments/appetite also comes to play here. Anyway, Wetin I know, na just profit and loss I dey check for result. grin.
We are waiting, money must be made. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 15, 2019
I prefer to hold a stock that can pay me fat dividend than to hold a volatile stock with no dividend history.

If dividend/value hunters decide to react to this good for nothing result,this stock will go back to 1.30 where it belongs for now.

Except there is another positive news that will follow this company anytime soon,Holders will witness a pull back next week.

The huge os is a thing of concern and can attract full offer from next week.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2019
Holders of wema bank should also take note.The huge os can't allow this guy to pay shareholders up to 5kobo dividend.

If Transcorp with a better result like this can pay 3kobo,how much will wema pay.

Better for one to hold Aiico than to hold wema bank.Push and dump things.

We are here observing.......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 6:50pm On Feb 15, 2019
Transcorp is well undervalued with this result check well. 100% increase over the previous year. ROE of 14% , PE of 7.4, PEG OF 0.50 etc

watch out!!! this will cross N2 soon

Transcorp is not for the dividend investors cos they need cash so profit is expected for reinvestment

i wouldn't mention cp fairprice for now to avoid Monkey hunting calling

grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 6:56pm On Feb 15, 2019
^
^^
you think those who keep mopping the stock today have not seen the result before? ok o lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:02pm On Feb 15, 2019
It's a medium term market
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 15, 2019
currentprice:
Transcorp is well undervalued with this result check well. 100% increase over the previous year. ROE of 14% , PE of 7.4, PEG OF 0.50 etc

Transcorp is not for the dividend investors cos they need cash so profit is expected for reinvestment

grin grin grin grin

Any investor that has been in this system must have expected this result.The 2018 Q1,2 and 3 results are clear evidences that financial year end result will be very good.

We are in the earning season now.we need compansations from our companies now and that is dividend.

One side of you is to identify a stock,get your portion and handover on time.I am sure you never expected this result now.I am sure you will do the needful after this consolation to fellow shareholders.

THE BEST TIME TO SELL A VOLATILE STOCK IS WHEN ITS ON BID

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:18pm On Feb 15, 2019
locodemy:

Any investor that has been in this system must have expected this result.The 2018 Q1,2 and 3 results are clear evidences that financial year end result will be very good.

We are in the earning season now.we need compansations from our companies now and that is dividend.

One side of you is to identify a stock,get your portion and handover on time.I am sure you never expected this result now.I am sure you will do the needful after this consolation to fellow shareholders.

THE BEST TIME TO SELL A VOLATILE STOCK IS WHEN ITS ON BID

Would you still sell if you knew it would sell above 3.00 by mid-year?
What would be your decision? Just curious

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 7:31pm On Feb 15, 2019
Mcy56:

I think it's an improvement and beginning of good thing as far as I'm concerned. They don't even pay anything before.
As for me, I will look beyond the three kobo but concentrate more on the 100% profit made as a group and over 300% profit made as a company. An impressive result!
It can't be punished much before it continue its upward journey especially if the bull is still around........ My opinion. tongue

No doubt the result is impressive. But with this poor dividend payout, I expect stampede at the exit door next week, unless there is a crazy post election bull which might pull it along. Even people who have made 10% profit on it right now will want to bail out.

During earning season, it's generally a high risk to do JIJO on stocks with track record of poor dividend payouts. One may be caught unaware, particularly with stocks like transcorp that don't release their results at a consistent period of the year. 2017 FY was released March ending, 2016 early March, now 2018 mid February. People should look out for other stocks like this.

Mr. Market will decide its fate. For those of you inside the train, I pray you're able to bail out with your profits next week. Those in it for medium to long term don't have any problem, they can always wait for the next cycle.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 15, 2019
Agbalowomeri:

Would you still sell if you knew it would sell above 3.00 by mid-year?
What would be your decision? Just curious

Your question should be why did I sell the stock when it was on bid.......

It is because I am sure of good result but not sure of good dividend due to huge os.I know the stock very well for some years now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 8:08pm On Feb 15, 2019
currentprice:
^
^^
you think those who keep mopping the stock today have not seen the result before? ok o lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

grin grin grin
If you had probably bought it around 1.30,and you got a hint about the results earlier than now, would you have been mopping up the stock today?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 8:55pm On Feb 15, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Payunsin: 8:55pm On Feb 15, 2019
Please how far with Honyflour bought over 500k units at 1.08 naira want to know whether to dispose it. Saw on the thread that their result was dissaponting but can't get hold of it from any site. And if I am to sell which stocks has better prospect to buy. I also bought wapco at N13 and it's been sluggish need advise on that as well. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Payunsin: 9:10pm On Feb 15, 2019
Pleas how far with Honyflour bought over 500k units at 1.08 naira want to whether to dispose it. Saw on the thread that their result was dissaponting but can't get hold of it from any site. And if I am to sell which stocks has better prospect for me to buy. I also bought wapco at N13 and it's been sluggish need advise on that as well. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 15, 2019
The fig tree was cursed because it beareth no fruits when it was time for it to bear fruit.In the earning season, especially this period,any company that refuses to pay good dividend will not be left unpunished.

Zenith Bank should pay at least 2.50 to enjoy a good ride.Anything less than that will keep the price between 18 to 22 naira.

Good result without good dividend is rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PythonDancer: 9:38pm On Feb 15, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 9:52pm On Feb 15, 2019
currentprice:

i wouldn't mention cp fairprice for now to avoid Monkey hunting calling

grin grin grin grin

CP, I was able to achieve 86% of my target. You remember!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 10:25pm On Feb 15, 2019
locodemy:

Your question should be why did I sell the stock when it was on bid.......

It is because I am sure of good result but not sure of good dividend due to huge os.I know the stock very well for some years now.

Loco! why messing around with good thing. Not all stocks are for dividend. More so you have been around to know this of transcorp.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:26pm On Feb 15, 2019
onegentleguy:

wink cheesy grin
Realistically, and discounting for risk, Mr TRANSCORP is suppose to be a N3.20 stock !!(at the very least)

We continue to observe.
It is well !!
Teeonly:
Here you have it. grin

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/25004_TRANSNATIONAL_CORPORATION_OF_NIGERIA_PLC_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_FEBRUARY_2019.pdf

An all-round FANTASTIC result. ...arguably the best to have come out of this coy in donkey years !!
A more than IMPRESSIVE gap up accross all key revenue and earnings line !!
With this financial print, my valuation of TRANSCORP has just inched up from the previous N3.20 to N4.45 !! ...a potential of over 160% MoS discount from todays closure price of N1.71 !!
...and this is with a weighted premium that discounts for any and all possible risk.

If u are already here, SIT VERY TIGHT and close ur ears completely to the extraneous NOISE from those who may have missed out and/or are clearly looking to get back in.
If u can truly decipher the content of this financial print(including the NTS) and look back to what price the coy was trading at this time last year using the AFS of 2017 and doing a comparative analysis with this result, then u would know and understand that u currently hold a great GIFT !!
Again, if u are already here, HOLD and SIT TIGHT. ...infact, be overprotective of it !!
...and if it ever drops in price, ACCUMULATE more of it !!
A word they say, is enough for...

To the few doubters, we shall do a review of what prices the likes of WEMA, AIICO, CAVERTON, FCMB, FIDELITY, TRANSCORP, UNIONDAC, UBA, ZENITH, MAY & BAKER, UPL and LEARNAFRICA shall sell in due course.
Some things are better left unsaid !!

We are still here.

#BELIEVE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 10:28pm On Feb 15, 2019
sellydion:

CP, I was able to achieve 86% of my target. You remember!

I think I remember but the 86% got me confused, btw that time and now I didn't see rise of such % angry

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 10:33pm On Feb 15, 2019
CP. I gave you the figure I want to do on transcorp in term of units then grin

Hope you can still recall.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 10:34pm On Feb 15, 2019
No need to mention !!1

(1) (2) (3) ... (4332) (4333) (4334) (4335) (4336) (4337) (4338) ... (7796) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hedgefunds, TsarZed, Teeonebaba(m), emmanuelewumi(m), cocolacec(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.