Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,927 members, 7,814,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10858276 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4421) (4422) (4423) (4424) (4425) (4426) (4427) ... (7747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by adetope22(m): 1:24pm On Mar 28, 2019
wemaaaaaaaa
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 2:19pm On Mar 28, 2019
Where are the results?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 2:22pm On Mar 28, 2019
People in FCMB and Fidelity, would it be wise to sell now considering that the results are not forth coming or would it be better to wait it out?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by longlife20: 2:39pm On Mar 28, 2019
PharmAlfred:
People in FCMB and Fidelity, would it be wise to sell now considering that the results are not forth coming or would it be better to wait it out?

For me, it is too late to sell, the result will be out tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 3:02pm On Mar 28, 2019
smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 3:10pm On Mar 28, 2019
PharmAlfred:
To sell I don't know, depends on you, result will be out by tomorrow towards closing of the market or after the closing of market, this is because tomorrow will be the last working day of 90 days compulsory period to release final year companies result, and any companies that fail will pay fine, (this is for final year result, but quarterly result, 30 days).
FCMB and Fidelity bank EPS will be good, but their dividend will be poor comparing, Zenith, afriprudent, UCAP, Jberger, UBA.

This poor payment of dividend most time, pushes their price down. FCMB dividend might be between 10/15 kobo likewise Fidelity bank.

For instance
1. If Zenith is at 24 and Fidelity at 2.4 kobo that means, 10 unit of Fidelity will give 1 unit of Zenith.
2. Zenith pay dividend of 2.50 + .30 = 2.80, that mean that Fidelity need to pay 28 kobo to be the same with Zenith.

But when the pay 14 kobo, that is paying half of Zenith bank dividend, from my view, it represent poor dividend payment.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 28, 2019
longlife20:

For me, it is too late to sell, the result will be out tomorrow

You meant it is too early to sell?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 28, 2019
PharmAlfred:

Bro sell half and hold half...My reason is ...After declaration of dividend..stock always go downward (nse style )...so if AM U ooh.i will sale ALL tomorrow morning .It happened to zenith and GTB and others.

But if ur confident dat result will push price higher..then keep it....but trust me everyone knws dis but woun't say because of blame game..

Blame me if u follow my advice ..i will take d blame ..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 4:06pm On Mar 28, 2019
tritritri:

Bro sell half and hold half...My reason is ...After declaration of dividend..stock always go downward (nse style )...so if AM U ooh.i will sale ALL tomorrow morning .It happened to zenith and GTB and others.

But if ur confident dat result will push price higher..then keep it....but trust me everyone knws dis but woun't say because of blame game..

The blame game got me laughing. Anybody blaming someone else for his investment decision is just being emotional. Win or lose, the investor is always 100% responsible.

Let's see the surprise called NSE as it unfolds in the days ahead.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 4:07pm On Mar 28, 2019
tritritri:

You will take the blame.....what of the lost money....loooooool

....@pharmalfred.....Follow him....but me will not take the blame
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 4:08pm On Mar 28, 2019
Chibuking81:

To sell I don't know, depends on you, result will be out by tomorrow towards closing of the market or after the closing of market, this is because tomorrow will be the last working day of 90 days compulsory period to release final year companies result, and any companies that fail will pay fine, (this is for final year result, but quarterly result, 30 days).
FCMB and Fidelity bank EPS will be good, but their dividend will be poor comparing, Zenith, afriprudent, UCAP, Jberger, UBA.

This poor payment of dividend most time, pushes their price down. FCMB dividend might be between 10/15 kobo likewise Fidelity bank.

For instance
1. If Zenith is at 24 and Fidelity at 2.4 kobo that means, 10 unit of Fidelity will give 1 unit of Zenith.
2. Zenith pay dividend of 2.50 + .30 = 2.80, that mean that Fidelity need to pay 28 kobo to be the same with Zenith.

But when the pay 14 kobo, that is paying half of Zenith bank dividend, from my view, it represent poor dividend payment.

Great one. Let me go and buy lemon to make lemonade in case I get shocked.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 4:09pm On Mar 28, 2019
Mascotlawman:
please has FBN and OANDO released end of the year results for 2018? any dividend? please I need answer.
Oando board are meeting today
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 4:10pm On Mar 28, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 28, 2019
ukay2:

You will take the blame.....what of the lost money....loooooool

....@pharmalfred.....Follow him....but me will not take the blame

Am confident on dat decision... hence why am ready to take d blame..

As for loss of money..what if he follows my advice and gain money ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 4:13pm On Mar 28, 2019
Chibuking81:

For instance

Think of Fidelity dividend think of 10k payment
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 4:25pm On Mar 28, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 4:52pm On Mar 28, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 4:54pm On Mar 28, 2019
GSK report is 14.65mb . I hope it is worth it?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 5:03pm On Mar 28, 2019
phemmie06:

Think of Fidelity dividend think of 10k payment
That's why most at time immediately after they release result, their stock always nosedive. EPs of 70/80 , just to pay 10 kobo, very poor dividend.
Zenith 6.15 pay 2.80. (6.15 - 2.80 = 3.35 balance), Fidelity 80 kobo pay 10/15 kobo. ( .80 - .10 = 70 kobo), instead of paying 20/30 kobo, or do they use to declare fake EPS?.
Some Nigeria bank CEO and their gang group will follow back use other names borrow the money, only to come back and write it off as bad loan. cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 5:04pm On Mar 28, 2019
PharmAlfred:
I have to stop the downloading when I saw it even BOC is 18
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 5:04pm On Mar 28, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 5:22pm On Mar 28, 2019
phemmie06:

I have to stop the downloading when I saw it even BOC is 18

EPS is that of 2 to 3 naira stocks. Can't deal.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 5:24pm On Mar 28, 2019
maryjames9:

You meant it is too early to sell?
Both Fidelity and FCMB, price has move up to a high price, from somewhere around 1.60/1.40 to 2.20 and 1.92, after their result their price might move up or down, but probability of moving down is high, but later in the year it will still move up.

As for me, its not too early to sell, except one didn't buy at lower price of below 2/1.70
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 5:25pm On Mar 28, 2019
PharmAlfred:
50K Dividend
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 5:25pm On Mar 28, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 5:31pm On Mar 28, 2019
kolaish:
50K Dividend
Yet to identify the source of the dividend
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 5:37pm On Mar 28, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 5:46pm On Mar 28, 2019
dharpzee:
Can someone tell me what is going on with WEMA shares, over 1billion shares traded already,

wink cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2019
onegentleguy:

U are only looking at a single factor (deriavable earnings to equity holders) in isolation.
To draw a BETTER INFERENCE in fundamental analysis, its ALWAYS BEST to look at several indices as a combination.
Let me try and do justice to a few.
Some KEY highlight:
▪ Improving ROAE. ...which prints 7.39% as at H1 2018. Given current indices, It's clear that this line will grow to well above 10% by YE.
▪ fairly steady growth in interest and non-interest income. ...with the latter growing from just above 24% to 33% in 2018 over the corresponding period of last yr.
▪ Improving CAR. ...growing by near 33% from 10% to 13.27% as at H1 2018.
It's important to note that the re-commencement of the 50B bond program will still improve CAR by above 15%. WEMA has already raised the 1st tranche of funds via bonds.
With CAR at above 32% past the CBNs regulatory 10% minimum for banks with national license (like wema), the banks qualifying capital in proportion to its loan is very sound.
...the interpretation of this is that the banks equity measured against its risk assets is very HEALTHY !!
The banks cost of risk is also relatively low. So for those who hold the funny belief that WEMA might go the way of skye, hear this !!
WEMAs position on CAR, NPL and CoR clearly shows that the bank is very SOLVENT and NEVER in dare need of funds.
The banks NPL ratio of 3.3% is presently about the lowest for quoted banking coys, while its CAR is among the best of tier 2 peers (based on national licencing) in the industry.
▪ The bank also improved their Asset yield following from a better than expected loan growth. YoA currently prints at 18.24%. ...this is KEY.
▪ Management were also fairly efficient as NIM improved from approx 6% in 2017 YE to 7.24% by H1 2018.
▪ Improved LOAN GROWTH. ...coming from the back of a regressive position as at YE 2017 to 3.5% in H1 2018. The bank also expects this to hit 10% by YE.
▪ Improving customer deposit. ...from a previous all time low to 39% as at H1 2018.
With the banks present degree of Innovation, this line may well hit above 50% by YE.
▪ Despite a slightly higher OPEX and cost to income ratio, the bank still grew their net income line. ...which reflected in their ROAE, ROAA and Equity Multiplier.
Suffice to say that the main drivers for the increase in their expense line was as a result of their key technological developments and brand positioning efforts. (pls refer to the NTS)
...and so over a time adjusted basis, these innovations will most likely transform into higher earnings in TOPLINE.
▪ The bank has also been very innovative with the changing tides of the economy in other to better build on their interest income and net margin.
WEMA is currently one of the best fintech banks in Nigeria.
...their fintech space, ALAT presently speaks volume of the banks future earnings drive.

If one can read between the lines and properly dymisify these figures, u would see that WEMA is a BARGAIN at current market price !!
This bank has witnessed a remarkable turnaround in the past few yrs. Needless to say that it is a GREAT GROWTH stock !!
...those who know, know what they need to continue to do.

I also need to remind u that the essence of the banks recent capital reduction exercise was to create the needed room for dividend payment this year.
...the bank gave guidance to this when it said it will pay a dividend this yr before completing their bond raise.

NOTE: There is absolutely NOTHING like a planned share reconstruction. ...it's important not to put out false news.
WEMA is not the only bank with a high OS.

But I do agree that there are also other great banking coys in the market now. UBA, ZENITH, FCMB, FIDELITY and STERLING are currently selling at good bargains, but not STANBIC. Dont be deceived by the Nos from STANBIC. One of this days, I shall do an expose on that coy. Current price is at a premium to true valuation.

But folks should always remmember that due diligence is still advised as always pls.

Enough said.
onegentleguy:
Like I said before, the criteria for choosing WEMA was based on the coys INHERENT GROWTH. ...That bank is a GREAT growth coy.
Let me point out this very important factor;
With finding GREAT BARGAINS in the stock market, there are 2 core areas to focus on;
1) Look out for the GROWTH BEHIND THE VALUE !!
This is where coys like WEMA, MAY&BAKER, INTERNATIONAL BREWERIES and SEPLAT currently fall in.
...and where companies like BETA GLASS, CUSTODIAN, UNILEVER and a few others had their roots. I recall that this was how I spotted the growth potential of BETA GLASS when it was still selling for FAR LOWER than its current market price.
That's GROWTH investing approach.

2) Look out for the VALUE BEHIND THE PRICE !!
This is where coys like CAVERTON, AIICO, UNIONDAC, NEWREST ASL, UBA, ZENITH, and JB currently fall in.
...and where a company like FIDSON HEALTHCARE and C&I LEASING had their roots. Folks can remember how FIDSON rose from just above N1 to more than N6, returning over an incredible 500% gain !!
This is VALUE investing approach.

Both APPROACH can make one some very good ROI.
Like I always tell folks; When u can spot a 'gap' wide enough to make for a great margin on either the GROWTH or VALUE potential in a coy, RUN IN and ask questions later !!
...this is KEY, and an almost certain route to EXCELLENCE in the market !!

Regards.
onegentleguy:

...and at the moment, only Mr WEMA is still on full bid after doing a well above average volume unit !!
It's a N1.40 to N1.60 stock !!. ...if u know, u know.
I recall when I was practically screaming that folks should 'enter the WEMA house @ 51 to 55k when a certain entity was offloading and 'given away VALUE'.
Same thing played out in FCMB and UBA.
I have since said same things on AIICO, CAVERTON, FCMB, FIDELITY, UBA, ZENITH, UNIONDAC, TRANSCORP, MAY & BAKER and LEANAFRICA.
I have also said that these coys are way too CHEAP given their current prices. ...particularly the 1st 6 !!

Again, the slight pullback u see now is only but a SHAKEOUT !! ...stay calm and utilize it to ur good.
Those who know and understand know what they need to continue to do !!

Enough said.

Regards.
onegentleguy:

...and the 'maradonic shakeout' continues 'in the house of WEMA' !! After some fellows left 'the house' ealier today @ 83k, 'the bright man' has moved back up swiftly to a day high of 95k !! ...which by the way, is an instant over 14% intraday price differential gain(high - low)
We are marching forward to the N1.40 to N1.60 bulevard !! ...where we shall be near our 170 to 200% ROI.
I have since said that those who fail 'to take their required but necessary drug of PATIENCE' shall latter 'struggle to re-enter through the window, after the door is shut'.
Same applies to those who are given away their FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND COYS(which are currently selling @ huge MoS discount) now.

#BELIEVE

We continue to observe.
It is well !!
onegentleguy:

...For a near certainty !!
Anyone in doubt can immediately put out their WEMA for sale, and 'the men in black' will be there to swiftly mop it up 'at the time of reckoning' !! wink cheesy grin
It is well.

I remember some of this past post.
We continue to observe.

NOTE: NOT to be infered as any sought of recommendation. Due diligence should still remain ur 1st priority.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 6:08pm On Mar 28, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 6:26pm On Mar 28, 2019
phemmie06:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/25458_ECOBANK_TRANSNATIONAL_INCORPORATED_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_MARCH_2019.pdf
No Dividend again

I don enter one chance here o, although not a bad a result, I actually bought with the hope that a dividend declaration after recovery would push the price up. Anyway I don't see it being unduly punished.
Lessons learnt - NEVER buy stocks on hope

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 6:28pm On Mar 28, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (4421) (4422) (4423) (4424) (4425) (4426) (4427) ... (7747) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chuksnnaemeka, TradeSunMoore, Princkez, 222Martins(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.