Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4505) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10879828 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4502) (4503) (4504) (4505) (4506) (4507) (4508) ... (7752) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by potbelly(m): 11:52am On Apr 18, 2019
cool
locodemy:

I hope people are not buying for general bull.Any stock I hold now is just for individual stock bull.The era of general bull is gone.

potbelly man is where I stand now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 12:04pm On Apr 18, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 18, 2019
pluto09:

I no understand this result o, sey this one na magic?

I was expecting results like this from access but not this soon.. seems that wife wasn’t a liability after all..

Access eku orire oo
He who finds a wife finds a good thing, And INDEED obtains favor from the Lord.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by arduino: 12:15pm On Apr 18, 2019
Like say Jberger wan discover oyel grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 18, 2019
Mpeace:
They would need the kind of cook that prepared access result.

lol @ cook
Ok.. we go know from q2 if truly them cook this q1
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by longlife20: 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2019
There is something cooking in chams, after markdown today, the stock is still in full bid.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cornwall: 12:38pm On Apr 18, 2019
Yayira:

I was expecting results like this from access but not this soon.. seems that wife wasn’t a liability after all..

Access eku orire oo

Not always the case.
There are some women that are kaya carriers.
Men should be careful of who they choose to luff!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owolabi5: 12:43pm On Apr 18, 2019
longlife20:
There is something cooking in chams, after markdown today, the stock is still in full bid.

May be it is still cheap!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2019
Yayira:

Access eku orire oo
The impact of the marriage is seen in the %500 rise in NPL from 2% to 10%. We need to see the audited q2 result sha. This one is good but their tax also looks not enough.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:09pm On Apr 18, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2019
I also noticed that NPL of 10%. I believe what they did was to indicate in some areas of the results the combined entity, while in other areas, the single entity like the personnel cost, which was almost flat. The H1 results will give us a clear view of the true position of things

Mpeace:
The impact of the marriage is seen in the %500 rise in NPL from 2% to 10%. We need to see the audited q2 result sha. This one is good but their tax also looks not enough.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2019
CHAMS has been through the most difficult part of corporate existence as mentioned by their former chairman and founder. The company is set to reward investors. From the look of things, they have big roles to play in the Nigeria Version of 4th industrial Revolution . They are positioned to execute contracts for the FGN, the universities, the banking industry, INEC, and who knows Possible future electronic voting at States and Federal level.
Investors should hold tight. I can see this company going far and surpass the previous year high.
I posted the chairman interview here few days ago, I researched indeptly on the available informations at public disposal. the composition of their executives and board members.. Look as if they are determined to proof doubters wrong.
And above all, A company that weather debt of N11billi.
The company assets to debts ratio is also not bad. Hopefully things can get better with good management in place, renew fraternity with the FGN.
PER is 4.99
Shares outstanding 4.7 bil
30 days average volume 22 million +
EPS.. 0.07
Dividend 0.02
For now the fair value remains sub N0.50k
Revenue 2018...N3b+
Net incomeN338m+
Profit margin 11.25%
Total Liabilities N4bil
Total Assets N5bil
Debt assets 2.88%
The only but is the negative cash flow from operating and investing

Operating -174.9
Investing -59.4
Financing 125
However, the take home is the reduction of liabilities from N5 billion to N4 billion within a year.
The payment of dividends
DD is advised in joining the bus of this company with the on course story of from the worst to the best in the Nigeria bourse.
I hold 1M units in my portfolio.
Strongly... DD
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:42pm On Apr 18, 2019
potbelly:
cool
Lol. Loco, Pot belly is here to say hi to you. Some monikers are funny. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:45pm On Apr 18, 2019
UACN sighted at 6naira region, shocked my sympathy goes to those losing money in that stock.
Reason we were told not to invest and go to sleep even if its a long term investment. sad
cc: teejay1334
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 18, 2019
Mcy56:
UACN sighted at 6naira region, shocked my sympathy goes to those losing money in that stock.
Reason we were told not to invest and go to sleep even if its a long term investment. sad
In another news, fbnh is not disappointing as expected.

i had to vent my anger on UBA when FBN didnt cum down to 6 region.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 18, 2019
Mcy56:
In another news, fbnh is not disappointing as expected.
First bank..... There is simply no magic from the current management staff of fbnh.
I doubt if this bank can weather the storm created by Mr. Bisi Onasanya et al
The last news from fbnh... All the loans given out in 2012/2014 has been declared IMPAIRED.... WRITTEN OFF.
The shares of the bank was dead yesterday and alive tmao and vice versa.
There is more hope for access bank with 10% NPL
Fbnh is impaired with the impaired loans given to family and friends of Onasanya et all.
If fbnh trade at sub N8 it will return to the base at sub N7.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2019
tritritri:
i had to vent my anger on UBA when FBN didnt cum down to 6 region.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 18, 2019
Mcy56:

Oh, so you thought the dividend will send it to the 6 region? I dont expect that to happen from day one the div was announced.
It's on a class of its own but I think it will gradually move to UBA turn, especially with Access trading higher than its share price so far, UBA will close the gap. That's just my opinion.

i hope so ooh...no be sey after person buy finish...market will do me what it did locodemy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:12pm On Apr 18, 2019
chocho1:
Please I have some units of 7up bottling company PLC....just on my portfolio...no dividend and it seems it has been delisted ....what is the procedure to get money?
7Up has been delisted on the exchange since last year.
I guess you're still having it in your portfolio cos you are yet to be paid the N125/share cash consideration.
Contact their registrar, gtlregistrar (Greenwich) on how to get your payment. Remember delay may be dangerous too. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 18, 2019
cornwall:

Not always the case.
There are some women that are kaya carriers.
Men should be careful of who they choose to luff!

Lol grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2019
Godlylifeoneart:
First bank..... There is simply no magic from the current management staff of fbnh. Fbnh is impaired with the impaired loans given to family and friends of Onasanya et all. If fbnh trade at sub N8 it will return to the base at sub N7.
My oga, what do I know? Na SA I dey take talk o. Na to say I forget to put it as caveat ni. grin
Let me come and be going, afterall "no be only me waka come". grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 18, 2019
Mcy56:

My oga, what do I know? Na SA I dey take talk o. Na to say I forget to put it as caveat ni. grin
Lol.... Optimists rule the market
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndidigood(f): 2:36pm On Apr 18, 2019
Mcy56:

inofitlaff chai
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 2:38pm On Apr 18, 2019
longlife20:
It is just being driven by sentiments of its apparent cheapness. Though I am enjoying the ride...to disembark at the right time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 3:33pm On Apr 18, 2019
Yayira:

Bid 19m Offer 11m

Gracias
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 5:13pm On Apr 18, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 7:35pm On Apr 18, 2019
DeRuggedProf:

This is KEY once you are done with a registrar in your life.
There was a day I bought almost ALL the stocks, including those that had millions of units on offer.
I sat down and was just buying, after printing ALL the e-div forms and filling them.
My photographer was also happy that day.
When I reached the bank with the forms, the guy at the desk who is a friend, was perplexed! I told him to do his job, that is why GTB is my bank, for efficiency... grin
I sacrificed a whole day for this. I even repeated the forms of those registrars that the companies did not declare dividend last time... grin
My portfolio is looking very messy, with several 5units, 10 units, 50 units, 100 units etc etc.
At times I see dividends of N13.28, N29.02 etc and laugh... grin
I have promised myself, never to sell a stock down to zero units even if the CEO pursue my GIRLFRIEND.... grin
remembering he ...... tins at the AGMs

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 18, 2019
WEMA BANK IN THE NEWS

https://m.guardian.ng/business-services/wema-bank-targets-n1-trillion-capital-base/

Mulls M&A, expansion to other retail segments
Buoyed by its 2018 financials and performance in which it prescribed the payment of 3kobo dividend per share for the first time in 15 years, the management of Wema Bank Plc has said it is targeting a trillion naira asset base over the next few years, while expanding its tentacles in other retail segments.

Areas of interest to the bank include downstream oil and gas, where many a banks got their fingers burnt in the past, specific agriculture value chain, and the small and medium enterprises (SMEs) space, where it plans to churn out tailor-made products to meet customer needs.

Revealing more of the plans in Lagos, Tuesday, the bank’s Group Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, Ademola Adebise, told journalists specifically that by 2020, the management hopes to double key indices including assets, deposits, profits and more.

These, he believes, will prepare the bank to consider opportunities in the mergers and acquisition space, even as he refused to be drawn into specifics on whether there are already ongoing talks with prospects.
He rather clarified: “There are two ways to grow – you grow organically or you grow inorganically. What we are saying is that in the next two years, we want to double our indices through organic growth. Afterwards, if there are opportunities for M&A we will consider it.

“M&As are created by opportunities, it’s not that you will go and submit yourself to M&A. today, we are in the neighbourhood of N400billion in assets, so we will be shooting for about N800billion by the time we double that. We want to get into the trillion naira mark in terms of asset base, and not that we will get there through M&A.”
Furthermore, the bank plans to leverage on technology, notwithstanding the high cost, to achieve set targets, while also cutting operation costs.

Adebise said: “During the tenure of the former MD, Mr. Segun Oketuyi, we started to strategically take the bank out of the woods; the first thing we did was to address the liquidity situation or what we called stabilising the bank, and the next phase was to put in place building blocks, and the last phase that we’re in now, is growing the bank. Basically, it has been a tough, but exciting journey.

“Last year, saw the bank declaring dividend for the first time in 15 years. The last time was in the era of Mr Tunde Lemo, also a former CBN Deputy Governor. We see this as a demonstration of all the efforts of management over the last nine years, which culminated in the payment of dividend.

“From here, we intend to be a strong retail bank, leveraging technology and innovation. Also, the next two years, we will try to double our key indices including assets, deposits, profits etc, and to play big in the retail segment. At the end of the day by 2020, we would have doubled our numbers. By this, we would then embark on opportunities in M&A for inorganic growth.

“We have key sectors of the economy that we have mapped out to achieve this growth. Also, we are trying to ensure that we have well-trained and well-motivated staff that will also be well-remunerated.”
When noted that increasing adoption of technology may lead to the sacking of some staff, Adebise insisted that this is not necessarily so, because Wema Bank has what he describes as “a clear digital journey, which involves various business models.”

He argued that business models are changing on account of technology innovations, as such, companies must learn how to maximise these for value addition.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 8:55pm On Apr 18, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by potbelly(m): 9:23pm On Apr 18, 2019
smiley
Mcy56:

Lol. Loco, Pot belly is here to say hi to you. Some monikers are funny. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4502) (4503) (4504) (4505) (4506) (4507) (4508) ... (7752) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Curiouscity(m), 222Martins(m), Olaide1295, awesomeJ(m), kdaddy, ositadima1(m), Bagwa, dapix, Princkez and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.