Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,949 members, 7,838,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4561) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10981561 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4558) (4559) (4560) (4561) (4562) (4563) (4564) ... (7785) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 7:27am On May 10, 2019
https://www.iol.co.za/business-report/companies/mtn-sas-prepaid-service-revenue-down-51-22970890

MTN SA’s prepaid service revenue down 5.1%
COMPANIES / 10 MAY 2019, 08:00AM / DINEO FAKU

MTN South Africa’s prepaid service revenue fell by 5.1 percent on out-of-bundle price reductions and a challenging economic environment, the company said as it released its quarterly update yesterday.
JOHANNESBURG – The recent Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (Icasa) regulations for out-of-data bundles has hit MTN South Africa’s service revenue in the quarter to March, the company said yesterday as it prepares to list its Nigeria unit in Lagos later this month.
MTN South Africa’s prepaid service revenue fell by 5.1 percent on out-of-bundle price reductions and a challenging economic environment, the company said as it released its quarterly update yesterday.

“As previously communicated, we expect that prepaid service revenue will remain under pressure for a few quarters, before we see recharge resilience and changes in customer behaviour drive up in-bundle service revenue,” the company said.
Icasa’s regulations require that there will be no automatic rolling over to out-of-bundle data charges when bundles run out.
Users will be allowed to proactively opt in to out-of-bundle data charges in order to stay connected, even if airtime is available or they are on a contract.

Last month MTN and competitor Vodacom received flak from the Competition Commission, which accused them of charging higher data prices in South Africa than they do in other markets.

The company said it would submit its response to the findings and recommendations of the Competition Commission in its data services market inquiry next month.

“We remain of the view that significant reductions in data pricing have already been implemented subsequent to the data analysed in the report, that the urgent release of high demand spectrum will result in lower cost of data services, and that there is a viable wholesale market that enables smaller operators and mobile virtual network operator to provide compelling propositions to their customers,” the company said.

Service revenue in South Africa grew by 4.6 percent in the quarter.
However, MTN lost 1.2 million South African subscribers in the quarter under review to 30 million from 31.2 million at the end of December.
Prepaid subscribers fell to 24.1 million in the March quarter from 25.3 million at the end of the December quarter.
MTN Group chief executive Rob Shuter said the company had met its medium-term revenue growth target by delivering 10 percent year-on-year growth led by strong operational performance in South Africa, Nigeria and Ghana.

“We are encouraged by the operational progress we continue to see across the business, supported by the network roll-out we achieved and enhancements to the propositions that we offer to our customers. In South Africa, we implemented changed pricing for pre-paid propositions where we reduced, materially the out-of-bundle tariffs, making data services more affordable.”

Peter Takaendesa, a portfolio manager at Cape Town-based Mergence Investment Managers, said yesterday that results were a mixed bag.

“MTN managed to offset the weaker service revenue in South Africa helped by the contribution of roaming traffic from Cell C,” he said. Cell C customers are roaming on MTN’s 3G and 4G/LTE networks after Cell C implemented its roaming agreement with MTN South Africa last year.

MTN shares closed 2.93 percent lower at R100.42 on the JSE on Thursday.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 7:55am On May 10, 2019
Those who sold their sound fundamental stocks to wait for mtn, might later regret it. Nigeria is where everything happened, no foreign investors invested in another country economy to in rich them, but they invested for their sole/personal interest, the invested to tap not to give.

For years now when voice call dominated telecommunication business NSE was begging mtn to list and they decline, but these days, bundle/data service has started gaining momentum and glo and airtel are leading in this service, voice call are been relegated and mtn has accepted to list in NSE. Personal I buy more of data than recharging for voice call in a month, and glo and airtel has better offer than mtn, unless they are ready to compete.

Personally, it will be better to see their result after listing to know their direction, report from other country shows that they are facing challenges, am seen overprice listing. We should apply caution, I am interest in their share, but will like to see their dancing step first. cool

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:07am On May 10, 2019
Chibuking81:
Those who sold their sound fundamental stocks to wait for mtn, might later regret it. Nigeria is where everything happened, no foreign investors invested in another country economy to in rich them, but they invested for their sole/personal interest, the invested to tap not to give.

For years now when voice call dominated telecommunication business NSE was begging mtn to list and they decline, but these days, bundle/data service has started gaining momentum and glo and airtel are leading in this service, voice call are been relegated and mtn has accepted to list in NSE. Personal I buy more of data than recharging for voice call in a month, and glo and airtel has better offer than mtn, unless they are ready to compete.

Personally, it will be better to see their result after listing to know their direction, report from other country shows that they are facing challenges, am seen overprice listing. We should apply caution, I am interest in their share, but will like to see their dancing step first. cool

Have you seen the numbers?Mtn' Revenue from Data is growing more than that of voice.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 8:50am On May 10, 2019
DOLLARTEX:
Have you seen the numbers?Mtn' Revenue from Data is growing more than that of voice.
Books would always look good for companies that are about to list, raise funds or reconstruct its shares.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 9:01am On May 10, 2019
tritritri:
This MAY is going to be Bloody...Is anyone here seeying it?

Oga 33 were you the one that crashed Transcorp share price by placing a single offer of over 40M units?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ayufun: 9:34am On May 10, 2019
Hi room, it seems Morgan capital is manipulating brokerage cost from the program calculating the average unit cost and BEP. people should check manually if everything is OK, I'm aware they've increased the brokerage fee but things are not OK with the calculations I guess.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 9:34am On May 10, 2019
Tolktob:

do you think our opinino here really affect the market ? If yes ,please let move hallmark insurance tommorrow . tongue tongue tongue tongue
yes to some extent. it influences the sentimens of people who frequent here and and propagates and has a domino effect
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:36am On May 10, 2019
Jejebabaa:

Oga 33 were you the one that crashed Transcorp share price by placing a single offer of over 40M units?

Hahahahahahaha if you know you know.!
When I saw that 80 million units that brought transcorp to it kneels, I just chuckled...
the units looked soo familiar grin grin grin

Well, as the saying goes, the only time to sell transcorp is when it’s on full bid..

If you no get large money no play transcorp cause while you dey wait for over 20% the money bags are ooookkkk with just 15-20%.. next na to crash the price..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:38am On May 10, 2019
Somebody should check on barista grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:41am On May 10, 2019
some people on the forum will not make haven

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:57am On May 10, 2019
Mpeace:
This one even gives 19.33 as what they would pay.

Let the money bags go and load.. I can’t go through all that wahala for peanut..
....but I doubt alhaji accept this. I think it’s more than.. Imagine what access finally paid for diamond.. many people thought they’ll pay nothing more than 0.50k some even said 0.20k..
until we get the real price from alhaji and olam People should not conclude yet..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 10:16am On May 10, 2019
Give us example of your purchase and let us help you to calculate.
ayufun:
Hi room, it seems Morgan capital is manipulating brokerage cost from the program calculating the average unit cost and BEP. people should check manually if everything is OK, I'm aware they've increased the brokerage fee but things are not OK with the calculations I guess.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:26am On May 10, 2019
rebekah2011:

I think he’s expecting to see something like 1.287654321 lolzz
MorganCapital no get chill.. they’ll just random the BE to 1.29
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:29am On May 10, 2019
wondering why no one is breaking the bank to load Zenith....almost 13% dividend yield....add the Emefiele factor...then Zenith is diamond!
85% of my portfolio now.
#FOCUS.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:30am On May 10, 2019
Season of lower lows.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:33am On May 10, 2019
maishai:
GOOD TIMES is here again for those seeking Dividend, Zenith is giving about 11% true dividend yield, UBA about 10% if we go by previous happenings, I suspect zenith to top 10kobo this year, If you are for capital appreciation, zenith will still touch #26 .......30% in a year

U have always been a wise fellow.

But Zenith @ yesterday's closure price of N20 is a 14% dividend yield... while UBA is @ approx 13%.
With both offering a fantastic P/B, BVPS and EM on both a RELATIVE and VALUE investing perspective.
...and the confirmation of Mr Emiefula's 2nd term in office will only likely aide and move the probability of more YoY dividend/cashflow to near 1 than zero.
In general, the banks will likely bring in more to their purse with him @ the helm of affairs in the CBN.
A core of these coys(I've mentioned a few here) are currently hidden gold mines that's now @ a premium to what u can ever get anywhere in the fixed income space !!
But some won't see it. They will keep talking thirteen to the dozen when they ought to be 'silent' doing what NEEDS to be done now. Some of these same crop of folks will later cry wolf for missing out @ the time of 'reckoning'.
Anyway, that's what separates a financial mkt strategist from an ordinary mkt player and the difference btw the league of professionals and those lacking in direction.

Monies are made in both a bear and a bull mkt, because the seeds planted in the former, germinate and grow in the later !! So if u know what u are doing in the equity mkt, u should know that both events are mutually inclusive.

Contrary to popular opinion here(with the exception of those who truly know me), onegentleguy is no hater of bears.
I have just as much preference for bears as I do for bulls. ...Frankly, I like them both !!
I only tilt my strategy and work to strike the right balance btw both(if and when they come) with the sole aim of MAXIMIZING my gains and MINIMIZING my losses.
...and oh yes, with Devine on my side, its been a rewarding journey so far. wink cheesy grin

Bottom line:
"There are basically 2 great days in a person's life;
The day u were born, and the day u discover why u were born !!
In the Stock market, that 'discovery' is tantamount to knowing why u are where u are, and having a sound reason for been there.
...for if u do not know why u are in the market, then u probably won't know why u should succeed in it."
~Sinclair

The market will soon usher in the time of reckoning and shut the mouths of the ...
To those who prefer to wallow in distraction acting indifferently to the many 'gifts'and opportunities it is now given, pls ride on with all pleasure !! wink cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:39am On May 10, 2019
ayufun:

There was a time i average down on a certain stock and was expecting my BE, average cost and commission charge to reduce but for where ! BE still the same.. then I did the calculation myself and realized the change is not even up to 1kobo .. I just laughed..

MorganCapital doing nearest number since 1900
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:51am On May 10, 2019
valacious:
wondering why no one is breaking the bank to load Zenith....almost 13% dividend yield....add the Emefiele factor...then Zenith is diamond!
85% of my portfolio now.
#FOCUS.

grin grin grin
...Wise fellow !!
Though I would've advised a lesser concentration and a bit of more spread in other fundamentally healthy coys.
A 40-50% concentration in ZENITH would've been technically, a better maximum holding peg.

Cheers.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 10:56am On May 10, 2019
Jerekre:

various. N24.00, N21.45 (a lot) and N20.35
Are you afraid, even if it drop to #18 this time buy more, be hundred % sure that it will sale for above #30 this year, on or before December. ( Then you can sell, but the problem is, will you want to sell then grin) more money is needed to buy more of sound fundamental stock which must surely deliver.
Access and UBA will still sale for above #10 this year. shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:02am On May 10, 2019
valacious:
85% of my portfolio now.
#FOCUS.

Dividend yields depends on when the next dividend will be paid.

For now it is usual trading.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 11:10am On May 10, 2019
Too many eyes on Zenith UBA Access. I hope the money bags will allow little room for some of us to get our Afolabi units.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tolktob: 11:12am On May 10, 2019
rebekah2011:
Too many eyes on Zenith UBA Access. I hope the money bags will allow little room for some of us to get our Afolabi units.

when you're big you're large!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 11:12am On May 10, 2019
For some stocks it is predictable. In the last 5 to 6 years, the dividend from Zenith has been growing. Projecting it to touch N3 this year.
OBAGADAFFI:

Dividend yields depends on when the next dividend will be paid.

For now it is usual trading.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 11:14am On May 10, 2019
I won't be surprised if Jim Ovia increase his holdings again this year. I want to increase mine too.
Tolktob:

when you're big you're large!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:21am On May 10, 2019
rebekah2011:
I won't be surprised if Jim Ovia increase his holdings again this year. I want to increase mine too.

U are a man with discernment my dear !! wink cheesy grin

Some fellows look to adjudge the bid side of things by focussing solely on the offer side of the trade book and vise versa.
What they don't know is that 'sometimes, and oftentimes' either side could and indeed be designed to 'make u give away more and take away less !!'
But it takes a shrewd fellow with a well defined STRATEGY in place to benefit from such 'design'.

Bottom line;
"If u want to KNOW if u can SUCCEED in the stock market, then 1st find out where u fall in between SMART, INTELLIGENT and DISCERNING.
...but remember that the market has been CONFIGURED to have and work with all 3 attribute as a collective."
~Sinclair

#backtowork.

Salah
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 11:44am On May 10, 2019
DAILY STOCK MARKET GUIDE FOR 10 MAY 2019
MSCI on 9 May continues with buying some units of sterling bank. Stability of Oil Price and Proposed MTN listing will continue to direct attention to Nigeria for now.

You can get our stock picks and more on our twitter page. [b]Getting FCMB at NGN1.80 [/b]will be a good deal.

Waiting for the right moment to strike in the market can be good. We are happy even if we are not getting any payment for these postings, the fact that a lot of people have been protected from loses is our happiness. If you are not making losses profit will definitely come.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source. Also, Institutions can afford to suffer big losses without going burst compared with an individual, you cannot follow them blindly (you need to at least have some knowledge/your own plan). This document remains the personal property of Target technical analysis (https://twitter.com/AnalysisTarget) and is not to be distributed without our authorization.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 11:45am On May 10, 2019
Mpeace:
My broda. I have absolutely no idea. Very little info has so far been given on it. But 500,000 units would surely cost a lot.
Recall that some here have posted 80-95 as potential share price. Only time will tell.
ONE LOVE.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 11:53am On May 10, 2019
[quote author=Chibuking81 post=78261994]Those who sold their sound fundamental stocks to wait for mtn, might later regret it. Nigeria is where everything happened, no foreign investors invested in another country economy to in rich them, but they invested for their sole/personal interest, the invested to tap not to give.

Personally, it will be better to see their result after listing to know their direction, report from other country shows that they are facing challenges, am seen overpric I am interest in thei. How much is 500,000 units of MTN now ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:54am On May 10, 2019
Mpeace:
Books would always look good for companies that are about to list, raise funds or reconstruct its shares.

#Truth 100%

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:55am On May 10, 2019
Jejebabaa:

It was lokodemy ooh..not me.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ayufun: 12:00pm On May 10, 2019
rebekah2011:

20,507 units at 1.12
50,000 units at 1.16
their average unit cost is 1.18 and BEP is 1.19.

Randoming the first buy as 25k unit and computing d maths.
it'll be 1.12*1 +1.16*2 =3.44/3
= 1.146.
Adding even 1% brokerage fee for buy side, it'll be 1.157.

There's a lot of money been eroded here and there's no almighty or heavenly formula that should make it 1.18
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 12:07pm On May 10, 2019
valacious:
85% of my portfolio now.
#FOCUS.

Another monkey hunter sighted.... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (4558) (4559) (4560) (4561) (4562) (4563) (4564) ... (7785) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Princkez, Omooloriredade, Audacius, courage89(m), stcool(m), ositadima1(m), presiade(m), Heishere, ogoo4real and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.