Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,946 members, 7,838,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4562) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10981520 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4559) (4560) (4561) (4562) (4563) (4564) (4565) ... (7785) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 12:09pm On May 10, 2019
Have you factored others costs? Stamp duty, SEC charges, Cscs alert [1quote author=ayufun post=78268896]

20,507 units at 1.12
50,000 units at 1.16
their average unit cost is 1.18 and BEP is 1.19.

Randoming the first buy as 25k unit and computing d maths.
it'll be 1.12*1 +1.16*2 =3.44/3
= 1.146.
Adding even 1% brokerage fee for buy side, it'll be 1.157.

There's a lot of money been eroded here and there's no almighty or heavenly formula that should make it 1.18[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 12:10pm On May 10, 2019
Transcorp manipulating something which i don't understand why. hmmm

Sterling bank accumulation going on.

Uacn awaiting dividend ex date hunters
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 12:10pm On May 10, 2019
The Lion in the FUGAZ is still reeling from bear attack so i wld tread cautiously until it roars back at the bears
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:23pm On May 10, 2019
Mcy56:

Lol. E don dey road now. tongue
Lol. When e want reach naa
Abeg hw can I get fbnh bonus history since 2010. Share link with me. Thank u
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NoMoney: 12:28pm On May 10, 2019
Coolcash1:

Another monkey hunter sighted.... grin

A monkey hunter spotter also sighted. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 12:29pm On May 10, 2019
rebekah2011:
For some stocks it is predictable. In the last 5 to 6 years, the dividend from Zenith has been growing. Projecting it to touch N3 this year.

You need to alway factor the current Market price while predicting dividend.

Go check history market always react negative to Zenith results.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 12:32pm On May 10, 2019
Whatever the market likes it can do. All I know is that buying Zenith at this current price is good. If it goes lower, then you will buy more.
OBAGADAFFI:

You need to alway factor the current Market price while predicting dividend.

Go check history market always react negative to Zenith results.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 12:33pm On May 10, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ayufun: 12:36pm On May 10, 2019
rebekah2011:
Have you factored others costs? Stamp duty, SEC charges, Cscs alert [1quote author=ayufun post=78268896]

20,507 units at 1.12
50,000 units at 1.16
their average unit cost is 1.18 and BEP is 1.19.

Randoming the first buy as 25k unit and computing d maths.
it'll be 1.12*1 +1.16*2 =3.44/3
= 1.146.
Adding even 1% brokerage fee for buy side, it'll be 1.157.

There's a lot of money been eroded here and there's no almighty or heavenly formula that should make it 1.18
After they refer me to the statutory charges, I've downloaded it and calculated and here what I've sent to them.

Having checked the so called statutory charges, it still not justify the hilarious over charges.

You can refer to the screenshot below, 209.37 + 511.70 = 721.07 (total charges for the two trade on transcorp)

This total charges divided by the total unit bought,  we have  721.07/70,507 = 0.010226.

Calculating the weighted average of the cost of of 20,507 units at 1.12 and 50,000 units at 1.16, we have 1.15 cost price. 

Adding all the brokerage charges per unit of 0.010226 + 1.15 = 1.16 AVERAGE UNIT PRICE AND CAN NEVER BE 1.18.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 12:44pm On May 10, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:55pm On May 10, 2019
Zenith is seriously defending that 20naira junction, the more they buy the more offers keeps showing up........ tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 12:55pm On May 10, 2019
I just checked, my purchase price % is 0.876%.
ayufun:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:02pm On May 10, 2019
rebekah2011:
Whatever the market likes it can do. All I know is that buying Zenith at this current price is good. If it goes lower, then you will buy more.

That is for you, not for me.

I trade for Profit not just dividend.

If a stock lose more than N2 after dividend declaration what is my gain.

Most who bought Zenith @ dividend declaration regretted due to price fall.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 1:15pm On May 10, 2019
Ok, you are a trader. I am just trying to keep my money here instead of leaving it in my bank account. I tend to go long in a stock.
OBAGADAFFI:

That is for you, not for me.

I trade for Profit not just dividend.

If stock fall lose more than N2 after dividend declaration what is my gain.

Most who bought Zenith @ dividend declaration regretted due to price fall.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by valentinenwoko: 2:02pm On May 10, 2019
C&I LEASING PLC ANNOUNCES DELAY IN SUBMISSION(PUBLICATION)OF AUDITED FINANCIAL STATEMENT FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31stDECEMBER 2018.
Further to our earlier announcement of 1stApril, 2019 on the above subject matter, C&I Leasing Plc wishes to notify its shareholders and other stakeholders of the delay in publishing its audited financial statement for the year ended 31stDecember 2018. The financial results are still with our primary regulator, the Central bank of Nigeria (CBN),and we hope to get the necessary approval in order to publish before 31stMay2019.All inconveniences are sincerely regretted

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/26007_C_AND_I_LEASING_-_DELAY_IN_Q1_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_MAY_2019.pdf

THIS STORY IS IS BELIEVABLE
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 10, 2019
valentinenwoko:
C&I LEASING PLC ANNOUNCES DELAY IN SUBMISSION(PUBLICATION)OF AUDITED FINANCIAL STATEMENT FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31stDECEMBER 2018.
Further to our earlier announcement of 1stApril, 2019 on the above subject matter, C&I Leasing Plc wishes to notify its shareholders and other stakeholders of the delay in publishing its audited financial statement for the year ended 31stDecember 2018. The financial results are still with our primary regulator, the Central bank of Nigeria (CBN),and we hope to get the necessary approval in order to publish before 31stMay2019.All inconveniences are sincerely regretted

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/26007_C_AND_I_LEASING_-_DELAY_IN_Q1_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_MAY_2019.pdf

THIS STORY IS IS BELIEVABLE
wetin concern cileasing with central bank?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NoMoney: 2:40pm On May 10, 2019
DOLLARTEX:
wetin concern cileasing with central bank?

Regulation. Leasing companies like finance houses are licensed and regulated by CBN.

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/out/2017/fprd/list%20of%20finance%20companies%20in%20nigeria%20as%20at%20january%2010,%202017.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 10, 2019
NoMoney:

Regulation. Leasing companies like finance houses are licensed and regulated by CBN.

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/out/2017/fprd/list%20of%20finance%20companies%20in%20nigeria%20as%20at%20january%2010,%202017.pdf

OK, thank you so much,was thinking they need a banking license.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 10, 2019
NoMoney:

but,do they give loans like our banks? my body dey hot,I need loan to attack courtville next week.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 2:55pm On May 10, 2019
I think our healthy debate about Zenith stock will be better appreciated from one's strategic plan or reason for purchase.
Truth is, a trader may not make much trading Zenith, and so can never be convinced there is wealth in it for him/her.
An investor (dividend hunter) on the other hand, will continue to hold on to their's because they know the market is a market square of price gyrations.
My personal experience has me never trading Zenith, but rather accumulation every moment it falls to what I believe is a bargain.
Over the years, that has meant taking a handsome dividend twice a year till I have any reason to bail out.
In all, even when the market is at its lowest, Zenith has remained green in my portfolio as average purchase price still stands at N16.
I know there are even many on this forum whose average purchase price is lower.
How do you convince such an one to sell?
And how do you convince a trader to jijo at N20 or N25?
Lesson: Always know the difference between jijo stocks and none jijo stocks.
Happy investing.
And happy weekend folks. grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 3:35pm On May 10, 2019
@onegentleguy

I calculate dividend yield by deducting 10% tax and other little charges

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 10, 2019
The kain loss i get at this point. e reach me buy land for chevron area.

I no fit look my acct twice...where are my long term investors ...a new member is here.

locodemy add me for ur prayer aberg.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 4:32pm On May 10, 2019
When you are big, you are big.
tritritri:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 10, 2019
tritritri:

I no fit look my acct twice...where are my long term investors ...a new member is here.

You don't know what you want. You jump up and down and finally you will settle.

Imagine you buying Transcorpse.

There are some stocks you shouldn't be buying with your kind of pocket.

Man wey carry elephant for head no dey look for ants.

You need to learn big time!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 10, 2019
tritritri:

Your strategy needs to really change if truly you are what you are o(you know what I'm referring to).

Do value investing. Target good stocks that pay good dividends that has high beta (preferably banks). Buy when people are selling(when Market I depressed). Then sell when there is a bullish market.

You are thinking of loss because you carry your big load dey jump with people with small load. You are like a fat man wanting to do what a thin man does. grin You can't scale a fence when gbege starts na.

So restrategize and keep your load where the size go fit enter. Stop listening to noise of gains from small firms with low beta.

Anyway many people dey on gain in case you didn't know.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 10, 2019
RabbiDoracle:

Your strategy needs to really change if truly you are what you are o(you know what I'm referring to).

Do value investing. Target good stocks that pay good dividends that has high beta (preferably banks). Buy when people are selling(when Market I depressed). Then sell when there is a bullish market.

You are thinking of loss because you carry your big load dey jump with people with small load. You are like a fat man wanting to do what a thin man does. grin You can't scale a fence when gbege starts na.

So restrategize and keep your load where the size go fit enter. Stop listening to noise of gains from small firms with low beta.

Dat strategy i did last 2yrs barely return enuf profit compare to other strategies.. Half of my portfolio is value stock. while half is penny. the lost in value stock is worst dan d penny......I doubt many dey on gain dis year.. starting from JAN 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 5:57pm On May 10, 2019
smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by oamuyi(m): 6:43pm On May 10, 2019
Standard chartered bank plc just released 2018 AUDITED result. Do we have their Q1 unaudited account?... Please share if you do and also I need the full account for 2018. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 6:50pm On May 10, 2019
RabbiDoracle:
WORD!!!!!!!
Big boss why are you just coming out to tell him now? He needed this eye opener long time ago na. cheesy
I was surprised when he said he doesn't do dividend stock! I was like what on earth could be the reason!........na for inside me I talk am o. grin
Oga tritri no vex o......but no advice can be truer than this. Make you reduce the rate you dey follow we tashere shareholders and shell holders jump up and down. Dividend for your calibre alone fit buy the whole of Chevron self no be only land. Lol. Dont mind me o. grin
For my boss on top .........

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 10, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 7:05pm On May 10, 2019
tritritri:
Dat strategy i did last 2yrs barely return enuf profit compare to other strategies.. Half of my portfolio is value stock. while half is penny. the lost in value stock is worst dan d penny......I doubt many dey on gain dis year.. starting from JAN 2019.
Didnt see this before posting my comment.
Re-strategize is the word.
No vex, I know I'm not worthy to put mouth for your matter o cos you fit buy me and my portfolio join with tashere moni. grin
Im just concerned cos when you mention loss, I used to imagine what the loss will look like. Bear shouldnt be affecting you much. sad
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tvegas(m): 7:07pm On May 10, 2019
Where is locodemy? I love the way the guy was championing the Transcorp cause a week ago. Dont let that dissapointment discourage you from speaking here again. We all keep learning about the market daily.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4559) (4560) (4561) (4562) (4563) (4564) (4565) ... (7785) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Digitron, lexy2lexy, Itsrm(m), Raider76, ositadima1(m), Princkez, freeman67 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.